• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9011 users

TL Mafia 2 [GG] - Page 69

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 349 Next
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
March 20 2008 05:12 GMT
#1361
Showtime!, have you seen this thread yet? It might be a better locale for your posting spree.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 20 2008 05:12 GMT
#1362
On March 20 2008 14:10 Showtime! wrote:
ShaLLoW are you mad because I took over your role from the last game?

I think someone needs a lollipop.

Too bad I don't have any special powers.

Oh, wait: to annoy!


Does this mean that you're the mafioso shitstirrer? Because I'm very inclined to believe it, and I think that your sudden switch to posting bullshit while claiming to be drunk is very suspicious.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Wysp
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Canada2299 Posts
March 20 2008 05:13 GMT
#1363
On March 20 2008 14:10 Showtime! wrote:
ShaLLoW are you mad because I took over your role from the last game?

I think someone needs a lollipop.

Too bad I don't have any special powers.

Oh, wait: to annoy!


an overdeveloped sense of self preservation
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 20 2008 05:14 GMT
#1364
Well goodnight, let's wait for night to fall later and discuss crap.

lol 69th page ^_^
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
March 20 2008 05:15 GMT
#1365
How many votes were there again? 111? Odds are almost the entire mob is playing.

Didn't the organizer already say that he made a waiting list, so if people didn't vote or abstrain they would be in the game instead? In other words the other people got cut.

Chances are it would have been better to go with a few other people's hunches or discussed it with the group first.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 20 2008 05:15 GMT
#1366
for the good of the Town can you STOP acting stupid.

If you keep doing that I'm just going to assume your Mafia and hope you get lynched very soon.

Also, Townies as I stated before I've already been role blocked by the Saboteur. No extra votes, no double lynch.

I have a voting power total of 6, with 5 extras.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 20 2008 05:17 GMT
#1367
On March 20 2008 14:15 Showtime! wrote:
How many votes were there again? 111? Odds are almost the entire mob is playing.

Didn't the organizer already say that he made a waiting list, so if people didn't vote or abstrain they would be in the game instead? In other words the other people got cut.

Chances are it would have been better to go with a few other people's hunches or discussed it with the group first.


how about this for better logic:

Odds are anyone with a good role is playing the game and voting, especially being that majority of them got vanilla townies.

So odds are I hit Mafia trying to lay low or a vanilla townie who just gave up on playing.

I took a chance and just happened to hit a blue. Really thats just tough luck but if Inc didn't post at all nevertheless vote or abstain how does that help us?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 20 2008 05:17 GMT
#1368
I don't agree with how you lynched your first candidate, just like last game with FS, he killed someone who voiced his opinion against him. Now you kill someone because he doesn't post, honestly that is a horrible decision, and a bad theory to do. Chuiu said, you HAVE to vote to be in the game. so if anyone didn't vote, then why are you targeting them? People that don't vote shouldn't be in the game.

Honestly, if you want my opinion on how to lynch the first person, I would look at the clues first, find how people who have *voted* relate to clues vaguely (and i mean like in an easy sense, such as Mr. blue -> Oneblueaugust, Mr. pink -> that guy with )pink (sorry i cant remember your name)), and pick from that list of people. They have to have voted, and then i would look at their posts, small posts, or posts that sound illogical, or something not ordinary.

You have to remember, townies have no reason to lie, and aren't trying to hide anything (except maybe vigilantes), where as mafia HAVE to lie to stay concealed and look like a townie.

PS. I also thought that Chuiu mentioned how he was going to move special roles from inactive people to active people somewhere. If that is true, we just lost a mad hatter, and it would of been better to kill a townie for such a reason of keeping our special roles.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 20 2008 05:17 GMT
#1369
On March 20 2008 14:15 Showtime! wrote:
How many votes were there again? 111? Odds are almost the entire mob is playing.

Didn't the organizer already say that he made a waiting list, so if people didn't vote or abstrain they would be in the game instead? In other words the other people got cut.

Chances are it would have been better to go with a few other people's hunches or discussed it with the group first.


Gee, this seems like a fairly coherent post from someone who was drunk and babbling about two minutes ago. Please, tell me the secret to sobering up fast!
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-20 05:20:09
March 20 2008 05:18 GMT
#1370
I don't care because I'm a townie like I said before and congratz. The sooner, the better because it would be another waste of a lynch and too be honest I don't think you have much of a prayer.

Of course the saboteur would use it on the first night so you wouldn't be able to get one of them.

It is basic logic you goof. The fact of the matter is you voted Inc with no ground or basis other than hanging low.

If you read the rules you would have known he was already out of the game. Hence a waste, hence you could have used someone else's hunch.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
HotZhot
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Colombia677 Posts
March 20 2008 05:18 GMT
#1371
You have? so what can you do? just vote right? if so that sucks we need the mayors powers
I only smile in the darK [] sAviOr//JaeDong Fan 4 Ever ~ CJ Entusman # 7
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
March 20 2008 05:18 GMT
#1372
On March 20 2008 14:11 Ace wrote:
If you're still complaining about Incontrol being lynched, and you have a better idea then prove it.

I'm not going to lynch anyone that voted because that would eliminate a somewhat active player.


Yes, someone did have a better idea:
On March 18 2008 16:31 araav wrote:
Here we go! Voting araav for mayor

3. If I happen to be pardoner, and not mayor (get the second highest votes), will pardon the first day lynches, unless the case is really VERY logical.
Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
March 20 2008 05:21 GMT
#1373
The only players playing are those who voted or abstrained from voting. Read the damn rules, God.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
March 20 2008 05:21 GMT
#1374
Guys you all FF'd up. Ace lynched a townie EPIC FAIL!. JK

Guys stop bashing on Ace for making a hard decision. I will definitely be more active than tracil at pardoning if there is good reason to suspect that he is getting lynched do to mafia activity.

You can pardon the first days lynch??!! I was under the impression that I could only pardon lynches voted on by the town. Either way I probably would've let it go though. Inactive people don't help town anyways. (Not to mention there was no real announcement for me to stop him)

However, I am of the opinion that lynching is almost always better, so I will really have to be convinced to pardon someone. Grats to ace, cant say I'm not a little upset, but you put more work into this than I have so its all good. On that note I know I said I would have time to spend on this game, but some family showed up for spring break so I will be busy entertaining.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-20 05:22:31
March 20 2008 05:21 GMT
#1375
On March 20 2008 14:12 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2008 14:10 Showtime! wrote:
ShaLLoW are you mad because I took over your role from the last game?

I think someone needs a lollipop.

Too bad I don't have any special powers.

Oh, wait: to annoy!


Does this mean that you're the mafioso shitstirrer? Because I'm very inclined to believe it, and I think that your sudden switch to posting bullshit while claiming to be drunk is very suspicious.
Shallow, we should get one thing clear: you're the crapstirrer. You did it all last game, you're doing it again this game. (Not that it bothers me, but he who accuses...)
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 20 2008 05:22 GMT
#1376
Reposting for clarification:

The Bodyguard Plan (fully revised)

This is a strategy I've used in the past to win games, and it works very well if even a slight majority of the main players involved use it.

The base of this plan lends itself to the fact that no innocent Townie knows for sure who else is innocent or what roles they are. Also is the fact that the main disadvantage the Town has is lack of information, whereas our main advantage is numbers. Combining these two things is the Bodyguard Plan.

At the start of the game, the only non-Mafia/elected roles that any other player can possibly know for sure is a Bodyguard. The Mayor receives this info once elected into office. This plan is best with an innocent Mayor, but it also forces a Mafia Mayor to help the town in the event he/she is ever elected.

When the Mayor is elected, their first plan of action should be to PM all the Bodyguards each other's identities. This pus information into the hands of the Townies that is critical.

Assume there are 7 bodyguards. The Mayor PMs all of them the identity of the other 6. All of them then PM each other to

1: confirm they got a PM stating they are the bodyguard from the Mayor
2: make sure they ALL have the same list of Bodyguards

In the case of an Innocent Mayor doing this, we have 7 townies all on the same side off the jump and this will be a major help to the Town if they all know the roles of 6 other innocents asap.

In the case of a Mafia Mayor he could actually try and add a Mafia member to the list of Bodyguards or ignore a real Bodyguard - and this is where the true failsafe in the plan comes in.

Failsafe:

Remember, all Bodyguards SHOULD get that PM. If any of the Bodyguards don't get it then they should know something is clearly fishy and should investigate hastily.
The Mayor would be investigated from Day 1, so the Town will know for sure if he/she is innocent or not which will allow the Bodyguards to know they can or can't trust the Mayor. If the Mayor turns out dirty, the Bodyguards will clearly speak up asap. If the Mayor is legit, then that Bodyguard list is 100% legit and ensures we have a solid base to start from because the Detectives stay silent.

In summary the idea of this plan is self checking:

Bodyguards are checked by each other and Mayor with the PMs
Mayor is checked by Detectives

Detectives stay silent if the Mayor is legit, and speak up if he is Mafia

If ANY Detective speaks up against the Mayor and we can't decide whether or not who to believe, we go to the ultimatum approach - just lynch the DT first and if he is telling the truth the Mayor is Mafia. Boom - Mafia Mayor gone by the second day.

If the Mayor tends to be Mafia and releases a corrupted list, then the BGs will speak up and name the people on the list. The DTs paying attention to this, investigate the names. The Mafia will have added just thrown some of their members into a trap and will get figured out eventually.

In the case of an innocent Mayor this 100% guarantees us safety, in the case of a Mafia Mayor it takes us at worst 2 days to clean up the mess. This is my plan of action to start the game off.


In the event the list is released publicly, the best part of this plan is that the spotlight is taken off of the Detectives and put on the Bodyguards. This allows the Detectives to stay quiet, and for the Medics to have a list of people they need to watch. Remember what I stated earlier - the Town's main disadvantage is that we lack information and this plan serves to rectify that while maximizing our main advantage - numbers.

Once the base has been formed (Mayors + Bodyguards) we can start generating a list of suspects together, and figuring out roles down the road. To succeed the Town needs a strong start, and this plan is one of such. Once you are assured of my innocence through the Detective's silence, then you should PM me your roles so we can get started.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-20 05:24:03
March 20 2008 05:23 GMT
#1377
On March 20 2008 14:21 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2008 14:12 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 20 2008 14:10 Showtime! wrote:
ShaLLoW are you mad because I took over your role from the last game?

I think someone needs a lollipop.

Too bad I don't have any special powers.

Oh, wait: to annoy!


Does this mean that you're the mafioso shitstirrer? Because I'm very inclined to believe it, and I think that your sudden switch to posting bullshit while claiming to be drunk is very suspicious.
Shallow, we should get one thing clear: you're the crapstirrer. You did it all last game, you're doing it again this game. (Not that it bothers me, but he who accuses...)


...
did you READ THE POST OF HIS I QUOTED? OR THE ONE BEFORE IT ABOUT INCONTROL? Have you read any of this guys posts? Your sudden jump to believe his story about being drunk, while he's still capable of posting a vastly contrasting, logical post, is a bit iffy.

Last game, I was mafia.
It was my prerogative.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-20 05:25:02
March 20 2008 05:24 GMT
#1378
let him be

I find it quite amusing

just ignore him if he bothers you that much

you may very well be this game as well

too bad I don't have any bombs to tie you up on
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 20 2008 05:25 GMT
#1379
On March 20 2008 14:24 Showtime! wrote:
let him be

I find it quite amusing

just ignore him if he bothers you that much

you may very well be this game as well

too bad I don't have any bombs to tie you up on


I think Teamliquid should implement a [/squelch] button.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
March 20 2008 05:27 GMT
#1380
On March 20 2008 13:50 bumatlarge wrote:
I'm glad he used the instant lynch. But i would have chosen differently.

Chuiu, what are you going to do about inactives? Thy have already affected the outcome of this game.
(And wtf Inc? Playin too much SC to at least chek up on Mafia? I bet he didn't even look at his role >_>)

Inactive players will get replaced by a player on the wait list or if they had a special role it will be reassigned to an active towny after two days of inactivity (not voting).
♞
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 349 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 458
Bale 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever628
League of Legends
Doublelift3828
Other Games
summit1g10028
JimRising 500
ViBE210
Livibee193
KnowMe176
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Adnapsc2 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1346
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 27m
Patches Events
14h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 27m
OSC
22h 27m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.