• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9074 users

Tobacco Smoking Thread - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 29 Next All
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
March 15 2011 18:27 GMT
#101
[image loading]

my favorite, i smoked these for about 2 years before they were discontinued.
i wish they'll bring it back.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
abominare
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1216 Posts
March 15 2011 18:32 GMT
#102
On March 14 2011 17:43 PraetorianX wrote:
Well, I've never smoked tobacco (only cannabis).

So I started chewing Nicotine gum before 1v1 ladder games to improve my performance. Nicotine is an effective stimulant, and since I have no tolerance I figured it would help me out.

Can't say that it has. Nicotine gum tastes like shit, and I don't notice any change in mental capacity. So I dunno, maybe Nicotine just isn't my thing...


You were most likely chewing it wrong, its nasty shiat but you dont chew it like gum so youre less abused by its crap flavor.
forgotten0ne
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:39:01
March 15 2011 18:38 GMT
#103
On March 14 2011 16:09 seaofsaturn wrote:
The hookah.
It is possibly the most underrated form of smoking.


You obviously haven't been to the west coast. Hookah bars/smoking are all the rage these days.
"Well it’s obvious that these Terran gamers are just extremely gifted when it comes to RTS games" -Ret, in regards to the first months of SC2
400lb White Girl
Profile Joined April 2009
United States83 Posts
March 15 2011 18:42 GMT
#104
I roll my own smokes... I can't smoke regular cigarettes (marlboro, camel), they taste so awful they give me a headache.

That said... the best stuff I've ever had was Amsterdam Shag, but it's so hard to find around here (Charlotte, NC), and when you do it's ridiculously expensive... On occasion I can raid my Dad's stash of Bali Shag... which is like smoking air compared to my usual Bugler or Top.
pHelix Equilibria
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1134 Posts
March 15 2011 18:45 GMT
#105
The Soft Pack Lucky Strikes are great at first but they leave such a heavy after taste on the throat after chaining them down. I usually stick with Marlboro Smooths or Camel Menthol Silvers(Girly I know, but light and mentholy as hell).

But once in awhile I treat myself to one of these bad boys.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
CZII
Profile Joined March 2011
United States10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:57:03
March 15 2011 18:53 GMT
#106
I love marbaro reds. I used to smoke djarum blacks, but it was discontinued in the US , now they sell only a generic copy of it which just isnt the same. Ive tried hookah before and imo its like smoking air, while i was smoking it i kept having a craving for a real cigarette.

Ive been smoking about a pack a day (very harsh on my wallet ) for 4 years now and after my first 2 years, i decided to quit. After a month of cold turkey, i decided to light one up because i was in a room and my friends basically created a hotbox of smoke- i just couldnt stop myself. How did you guys quit for so long? I dont understand how you guys can quit so easily ( for those who said it was easy) and how much did you actually smoke?
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
March 15 2011 22:50 GMT
#107
I smoke pall mall 100s because they are long and burn slow. I smoke like 4 a day unless I am at school. It depends on how much you smoke. if you smoke like 5 a day...im sure you will not lose 15 years of your life. heck, whoever said you lose 15 years of your life is an idiot, a person would only lose 15 years if smoking caused them lung cancer
Holdinga
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria300 Posts
March 15 2011 22:53 GMT
#108
yeah, i smoke 5 a day max, too, unless im in some club or drinking or with friends =)
PraetorianX
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden780 Posts
March 16 2011 01:13 GMT
#109
On March 14 2011 18:20 relic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 18:12 pfods wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:53 relic wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:43 PraetorianX wrote:
Well, I've never smoked tobacco (only cannabis).

So I started chewing Nicotine gum before 1v1 ladder games to improve my performance. Nicotine is an effective stimulant, and since I have no tolerance I figured it would help me out.

Can't say that it has. Nicotine gum tastes like shit, and I don't notice any change in mental capacity. So I dunno, maybe Nicotine just isn't my thing...


I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.

Are you really saying you took nicotine gum to get a slightly better performance in some ladder matches? You do realise this is a game right?



Which some people take serious enough to travel across the world and compete for thousands of dollars for, and this person might want to be one of them.

Perhaps you're forgetting what website you're on?


I'm not at all, but it's laughable that you think it's okay to compete on the battle.net ladder, and take nicotine gum as a stimulant. Whatever you say, this guy is willing to take a highly addictive substance on the off chance that it might improve his ladder results, but hey, it's Starcraft, who cares!!

Fair enough if he was playing for thousands of dollars, and took some sort of energy stimulant, I can see the idea behind that.



As a medical student, I can assure you that your fear of stimulants is unfounded. Caffeine is another effective stimulant widely used, and comparable to nicotine. As for the addictive properties of nicotine gum - I chewed 30 of the little buggers, and I didn't develop any kind of addiction.

But once again, nicotine really doesn't help my Starcraft flow. Neither does caffeine, for the record.
The best argument against democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7658 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 01:21:38
March 16 2011 01:17 GMT
#110
This is a horrible thread.

This thread helps make money for the death and money mongers of the tobacco industries.

Great fun smoking!
CountBarq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States45 Posts
March 16 2011 01:24 GMT
#111
I like the occasional cigar or pipe, but only rarely. When my dentist can tell that I've smoked once even after 3 months and my girlfriend can taste it.... I don't wnat to smoke very much cuz' I like healthy mouths, not lying to health professionals or getting "ughs"from them, and getting kisses. :3
We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
March 16 2011 01:32 GMT
#112
On March 16 2011 10:17 AttackZerg wrote:
This is a horrible thread.

This thread helps make money for the death and money mongers of the tobacco industries.

Great fun smoking!


You really need to take a page out of Tyler's book. Actually just take the book.

I've never smoked a cigarette but hanging out with friends smoking the hookah is just a great time . Also it's legal which is nice, and if you work for somewhere that drug tests what else are you gonna do?
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
March 16 2011 01:38 GMT
#113
I gotta hookah at home, with some apple tobacco it's one of the smoothest things to enjoy with a beer or two and some mates in front of the TV.

I smoked for 10 years and have recently started to give it up as I'm trying to get fit again, but I still socially smoke with friends at parties and such but don't smoke on my own or in the car anymore.

Gl hf to those that do, I'm not one to judge. Don't listen to the haters

CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 01:41:53
March 16 2011 01:39 GMT
#114
I don't smoke because i don't really like it but my friend is a heavy smoker so I sometime have some. My favorite so far is Port Royal
[image loading]
Senjougahara Fascination
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7658 Posts
March 16 2011 01:40 GMT
#115
On March 16 2011 10:32 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 10:17 AttackZerg wrote:
This is a horrible thread.

This thread helps make money for the death and money mongers of the tobacco industries.

Great fun smoking!


You really need to take a page out of Tyler's book. Actually just take the book.

I've never smoked a cigarette but hanging out with friends smoking the hookah is just a great time . Also it's legal which is nice, and if you work for somewhere that drug tests what else are you gonna do?


This site has a huge minor base.

An addiction to smoking unlike alcohol and cannibus is for a lot of people an unbreakable addiction.

Quiting smoking has been likened to heroin and meth for good reason.

Promoting "tasty" Tobacco products is a great thing to put forth in the world.

Dcamp0308
Profile Joined August 2010
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 01:46:37
March 16 2011 01:43 GMT
#116
I just started smoking recently actually (I just turned 18 about 6 days ago). I really have no desire to smoke cigarettes at all, but since I've turned 18, I've smoked from a hookah 3 times. A lot of my friends do it, and there are a ton of hookah bars here where I live. But i was just curious, is smoking from a hookah addicting like smoking from cigarettes? Also is smoking from a hookah worse for you than other methods? I was just curious because smoking at the hookah bars with my friends have been pretty fun so far
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
March 16 2011 01:46 GMT
#117
After reading those pipe smoking articles purely out of curiosity, I now really really want to start pipe smoking.

For reference, I don't smoke tobacco now and haven't in the past
n00b3rt
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria890 Posts
March 16 2011 01:48 GMT
#118
Half of the smokers here say it's too late to quit ... Damn it guys, it's called bupropion, and it actually gives you a better high ;]
Yeah, whatever
Lochat
Profile Joined January 2011
United States270 Posts
March 16 2011 01:54 GMT
#119
On March 14 2011 18:20 relic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 18:12 pfods wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:53 relic wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:43 PraetorianX wrote:
Well, I've never smoked tobacco (only cannabis).

So I started chewing Nicotine gum before 1v1 ladder games to improve my performance. Nicotine is an effective stimulant, and since I have no tolerance I figured it would help me out.

Can't say that it has. Nicotine gum tastes like shit, and I don't notice any change in mental capacity. So I dunno, maybe Nicotine just isn't my thing...


I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.

Are you really saying you took nicotine gum to get a slightly better performance in some ladder matches? You do realise this is a game right?



Which some people take serious enough to travel across the world and compete for thousands of dollars for, and this person might want to be one of them.

Perhaps you're forgetting what website you're on?


I'm not at all, but it's laughable that you think it's okay to compete on the battle.net ladder, and take nicotine gum as a stimulant. Whatever you say, this guy is willing to take a highly addictive substance on the off chance that it might improve his ladder results, but hey, it's Starcraft, who cares!!

Fair enough if he was playing for thousands of dollars, and took some sort of energy stimulant, I can see the idea behind that.



I hate to break it to you, but taking nicotine to enjoy a game more is significantly more reasonable than almost every other reason anyone starts to consume it, in any form.
"The trouble was that he was talking in philosophy, but they were listening in gibberish." -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Felice Graf
Profile Joined March 2011
China1 Post
March 16 2011 02:09 GMT
#120
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12730
Shuttle 629
Artosis 583
Dewaltoss 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4289
Counter-Strike
taco 484
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox512
AZ_Axe115
Other Games
summit1g7907
shahzam732
Day[9].tv558
C9.Mang0391
Maynarde160
ViBE129
Trikslyr69
WinterStarcraft36
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv558
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 28m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.