• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9031 users

New Patch Issues - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 29 Next All
Baksteen
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Netherlands438 Posts
July 07 2010 18:24 GMT
#101
That was quite alot of work to actually make a realmlist.stf

Stupid windows 7 has it on that the extension is hidden by default and had to check the control panel how to change it.

Patching now though, thanks for the posts
Derp Derp Derp
Thelarva
Profile Joined June 2010
Denmark8 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 18:30:49
July 07 2010 18:27 GMT
#102
Surrealz "So is everyone else that patched also on 2.1.2.1606? How about you EU guys?"
-
It just works for most people in EU with no problems. Im also from EU but not working here(DK).

I just get "check your internet connection" and "invalid vers" error screen

Just gonna wait for tomorrow i think, i allready tryed reinstalling, twice.
Painispower!
theRiverX
Profile Joined June 2010
Malaysia59 Posts
July 07 2010 18:29 GMT
#103
My patch stopped moving at 47% with 6.2mb left! What's going on? =(
Polska
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada83 Posts
July 07 2010 18:44 GMT
#104
Anyone know how to patch US version from clean install?
Surrealz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States449 Posts
July 07 2010 18:48 GMT
#105
If I have a fresh install with no realmlist file, how do I patch? Lol
1a2a3a
Toads
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1795 Posts
July 07 2010 18:55 GMT
#106
you open notepad and you write : set patchlist eu-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch If you're european
and
set patchlist us-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch if you're from NA

Don't forget to name your file realmlist.stf and save it in SC2/Support folder
(。◕ ω ◕。) Beer Time !!!! (。◕ ω ◕。)
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
July 07 2010 18:58 GMT
#107
On July 07 2010 23:30 LSGamer wrote:
Hey, after beta went down I uninstalled it (stupid I know) >.<
And now I've reinstalled it so I am on 0.2 and when I try to load up, it just goes to game. After trying to log in I get the message Invalid version try again later.

I know several people have this problem, and haven't found an answer.

After digging through my folder for the realmlist, I find there isn't one o.0 and in my laucher.txt there is this:

14:17:54.3212 Launcher version 2.1.2.1406
14:17:57.9264 Failed to retrieve version information from Battle.net.

Just want to know what to do >.< I have a lot of DLing to do with all the old patches and this new 500mb one :/

EDIT: I have fixed it and will detail how:
Reinstall
Manually patch till you get a realmlist.stf
Save the realmlist on your desktop.
Reinstall
Put the saved realmlist to your Support folder
Run and patch


Just thought I should put this here as my post is 2nd and on first page

Further edit:
http://www.starcraft2patch.net/Patch_Note/patch1-8.html
You do not need to install all, I only had to go up to 0.4 till I noticed I had a realmlist.



thankyou i did the same thing haha.
bellaisa
Profile Joined April 2010
United States117 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 19:03:54
July 07 2010 18:59 GMT
#108
nm..
RealDeal
Profile Joined May 2010
United States117 Posts
July 07 2010 19:03 GMT
#109
On July 08 2010 03:59 bellaisa wrote:
I did a fresh install and it won't patch. it just loads up and crashes.. any thoughts?


Thats what i am out right now, when sc2 opens it simply shuts back down immedietly. I am just going to wait until its official, and you dont have to add realmlist and such
No i willl NOT butter your bisquit
bellaisa
Profile Joined April 2010
United States117 Posts
July 07 2010 19:03 GMT
#110
On July 08 2010 03:55 StoLiVe wrote:
you open notepad and you write : set patchlist eu-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch If you're european
and
set patchlist us-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch if you're from NA

Don't forget to name your file realmlist.stf and save it in SC2/Support folder



perfect. thanks.
Smog
Profile Joined February 2009
France47 Posts
July 07 2010 19:09 GMT
#111
On July 08 2010 04:03 RealDeal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 03:59 bellaisa wrote:
I did a fresh install and it won't patch. it just loads up and crashes.. any thoughts?


Thats what i am out right now, when sc2 opens it simply shuts back down immedietly. I am just going to wait until its official, and you dont have to add realmlist and such


I was in this same boat. I manually patched a few versions and then when I started SC2, it started patching the rest of the way. I think you need to be to patch 5 or so for the patch to auto-download.
sMi.NewB
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States127 Posts
July 07 2010 19:14 GMT
#112
On July 07 2010 23:32 MooiSh wrote:
Hey.

got to 77% through the updating process and ecountered this error during the writing process.

Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Textures\shieldcube.dds". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()

Upon this problem occuring, the updater crashes and closes

Not sure what this originates from. Anyone else getting this problem?
Edit: happened to me again. Any suggestions?



I'm getting something very similar - did you find a fix? here's mine:

The update was cancelled.
Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Versions\Base15097\SC2.exe". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()
InnovativeYogis.com
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
July 07 2010 19:16 GMT
#113
I did NOT manually patch. I had a fresh install, version 1 on a new hard disk, and I dl'ed a 900mb file. I connected to the EU servers to do this but I am in Los Angeles. I finished installing with only 1 occasion of the program terminating, and then was able to log in, but battle.net is down for maintenance.

My version when I hold the cursor over the StarcraftII EXE (6,489KB) is 2.1.2.1606
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Baksteen
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Netherlands438 Posts
July 07 2010 19:19 GMT
#114
On July 08 2010 04:16 tehemperorer wrote:
I did NOT manually patch. I had a fresh install, version 1 on a new hard disk, and I dl'ed a 900mb file. I connected to the EU servers to do this but I am in Los Angeles. I finished installing with only 1 occasion of the program terminating, and then was able to log in, but battle.net is down for maintenance.

My version when I hold the cursor over the StarcraftII EXE (6,489KB) is 2.1.2.1606


Same for me, seems you did it right <3
Derp Derp Derp
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
July 07 2010 19:22 GMT
#115
On July 08 2010 04:19 Baksteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 04:16 tehemperorer wrote:
I did NOT manually patch. I had a fresh install, version 1 on a new hard disk, and I dl'ed a 900mb file. I connected to the EU servers to do this but I am in Los Angeles. I finished installing with only 1 occasion of the program terminating, and then was able to log in, but battle.net is down for maintenance.

My version when I hold the cursor over the StarcraftII EXE (6,489KB) is 2.1.2.1606


Same for me, seems you did it right <3


W00t, you too? Now all we need is for Bliz to flip the switch
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Drteeth
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Great Britain415 Posts
July 07 2010 19:24 GMT
#116
I have updated the game fine on my laptop, but i got a new formatted hard drive on my main pc this morning and every time i log into Battlenet site to re-download the game I get a stupid picture of a murloc holding a sign saying file not found?
Anyone know any answers?
Nice cheese ....GG!
kamikaze117
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1 Post
July 07 2010 19:25 GMT
#117
I have the same problem as some of the people here. At 71% the patcher stops and shows this messsage:

The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x62da5a63, actual 0xa7f5ef92.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)

Then it just closes. Does this mean I have to reinstall starcraft 2? Or is it because the sc2allin1 messed something up?
Prince18
Profile Joined November 2007
Hungary22 Posts
July 07 2010 19:30 GMT
#118
Having a problem i wanted to start the game but i keep getting this

"The Blizzard Launcher must be in the same folder as a Blizzard game"

Anyone know something?
nemahsys
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada457 Posts
July 07 2010 19:32 GMT
#119
Mine patched perfectly and super mega ultra fast as well (around 1.2mb/s for the duration). I wish there was something I could tell the people who are having problems, but all I did was click my sc2 shortcut and it patched fine.

Hopefully you guys get your shit working and we can all start playing soon!
DJ Wheat, if you read this, plz get Lo3 back on itunes stat!
Postman
Profile Joined July 2010
United States269 Posts
July 07 2010 19:32 GMT
#120
I don't think anyone else has had this issue, but after patching it opened up the game and it worked fine (could use menus, attempt to logon). But I closed that window, and now everytime I try to open the client again it freezes on a black screen and I'm forced to restart my computer.

Anyone else getting anything like this?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 378
Hyuk 290
Leta 123
Shinee 110
ZerO 90
actioN 77
soO 57
Mong 56
EffOrt 52
Zeus 50
[ Show more ]
Killer 45
Mind 44
ToSsGirL 34
sorry 30
Aegong 25
Bale 23
PianO 23
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 13
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Soma 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe102
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss465
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King239
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1682
Other Games
summit1g8026
gofns5147
olofmeister1325
singsing1059
ceh9583
Happy311
crisheroes290
ArmadaUGS110
Livibee100
ZerO(Twitch)6
DeMusliM1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream245
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH206
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Jankos1535
• Rush1317
• Stunt563
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
59m
OSC
3h 59m
Stellar Fest
3h 59m
OSC
14h 59m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.