• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:14
CEST 09:14
KST 16:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7053 users

New Patch Issues - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28 29 Next All
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
July 07 2010 16:49 GMT
#61
Here is my advice: DONT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH UNTIL SERVERS ARE UP, most likely there will be another new patch that will fix the problem of the current one. There is no point going through so much trouble changing realms when you can't even play online yet.
People are stupid.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
July 07 2010 16:49 GMT
#62
eu change works. My client was just crashing when I logged in with no message. Dling patches now.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Deleted User 39582
Profile Joined August 2008
317 Posts
July 07 2010 16:49 GMT
#63
Before, I was getting this error message. Now when i start up the client, the game just instantly crashes, I think because it's trying to auto log in me.
jordasniper
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3 Posts
July 07 2010 16:50 GMT
#64
anyone else having the problem where it starts up and just closes the program?
Nagano
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 16:53:20
July 07 2010 16:50 GMT
#65
On July 07 2010 23:54 Ghad wrote:
Hmm, i got
The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x53ebcf3b, actual 0xa7f5ef92.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)

Tried rebooting, but that did not help.



Edit: Repair.exe did not help, just says it cant find correct information, reinstall game.


This is exactly what I get when I'm patching at 71%. I think it may be related to manually patching and/or darktea/scallin1. That's just a hunch though.
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”
ThatsNoMoon
Profile Joined March 2010
Mexico344 Posts
July 07 2010 16:51 GMT
#66
People keep saying that they manually patch.
Where did you download said patches?

I just reinstalled SC2 and no patches download when I boot up.
It goes straight to the game and it tells me Invalid client version, then boots me out.
Got neurosis from Artosis cause you bunker rushed my heart GG baby, lets go crazy cause the game's about to start
Deleted User 39582
Profile Joined August 2008
317 Posts
July 07 2010 16:51 GMT
#67
On July 08 2010 01:50 jordasniper wrote:
anyone else having the problem where it starts up and just closes the program?


see:

On July 08 2010 01:49 QuasiMachina wrote:
Before, I was getting this error message. Now when i start up the client, the game just instantly crashes, I think because it's trying to auto log in me.

Dingotrold
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark622 Posts
July 07 2010 16:51 GMT
#68
Hey.

got to 77% through the updating process and ecountered this error during the writing process.

Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Textures\shieldcube.dds". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()

Upon this problem occuring, the updater crashes and closes

Not sure what this originates from. Anyone else getting this problem?
Edit: happened to me again. Any suggestions?


Getting this exact same thing, posted about it twice in the other Patch thread, but nobody seems interested in our predicament .
Soft is the blade that is the heart || 万歳!
Nagano
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1157 Posts
July 07 2010 16:52 GMT
#69
On July 08 2010 01:51 ThatsNoMoon wrote:
People keep saying that they manually patch.
Where did you download said patches?

I just reinstalled SC2 and no patches download when I boot up.
It goes straight to the game and it tells me Invalid client version, then boots me out.


You can manually download patches at starcraft2patch.net.
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
July 07 2010 16:53 GMT
#70
On July 07 2010 23:43 Zed.iii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2010 23:31 OutaControl wrote:
in your starcraft 2 beta folder go in support folder
right click in the support folder create->txtfile write
set patchlist eu-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch
in it and rename it to realmlist.stf
try doing this. (taken from glurio's post i the "new patch is up tread") worked for me


I don't know how to make the file a .stf file when using windows 7 though, do u know? cus when I just name the file realmlist.stf it's still counted as a .txt file


You have to go to folder options to show file extension
ThatsNoMoon
Profile Joined March 2010
Mexico344 Posts
July 07 2010 16:53 GMT
#71
On July 08 2010 01:52 Nagano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 01:51 ThatsNoMoon wrote:
People keep saying that they manually patch.
Where did you download said patches?

I just reinstalled SC2 and no patches download when I boot up.
It goes straight to the game and it tells me Invalid client version, then boots me out.


You can manually download patches at starcraft2patch.net.


Thank you very much.
Got neurosis from Artosis cause you bunker rushed my heart GG baby, lets go crazy cause the game's about to start
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
July 07 2010 16:54 GMT
#72
Oh my god.... i like, JUST realized something, someone here posted that the EU patch DLed fine, and the US is haveing problems, right? well, logically, EU is about at least 8 hours ahead of us californians. so..... F$%^!!!!!! the beta will be up within the next 8 HOURS!!!!!


on second thought, ASIA is EVEN farther ahead, SOMEBODY TRY TO DL THEIR PATCH GUYS!!!!!
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
Shuffleus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia764 Posts
July 07 2010 16:54 GMT
#73
On July 08 2010 01:51 Dingotrold wrote:
Show nested quote +
Hey.

got to 77% through the updating process and ecountered this error during the writing process.

Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Textures\shieldcube.dds". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()

Upon this problem occuring, the updater crashes and closes

Not sure what this originates from. Anyone else getting this problem?
Edit: happened to me again. Any suggestions?


Getting this exact same thing, posted about it twice in the other Patch thread, but nobody seems interested in our predicament .



My thoughts exaclty. Nothing like getting singled out by blizzard.

Just to put it in context, are you also part of the US server that changed files to get the EU patch or are you from the Eu server?
| QuanticGaming.com | There is no greater feeling then to find order in the chaos, as you slip the puzzle pieces in place.
LionsFist
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia164 Posts
July 07 2010 16:55 GMT
#74
I've installed and can launch and mess around with options, but at a random point (between 2 and 5 minutes) of messing with settings and not applying anything, it will completely freeze my computer and I have to reboot. Never had any freezing issues with anything else on this comp before.
Dingotrold
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark622 Posts
July 07 2010 17:00 GMT
#75
Just to put it in context, are you also part of the US server that changed files to get the EU patch or are you from the Eu server?


I'm on the EU server. I thought it was issues with my harddrive but I'm thinking I'll sweat it out untill b.net opens again and see if it works, before I go full ret-ro on my system.
Soft is the blade that is the heart || 万歳!
Shuffleus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia764 Posts
July 07 2010 17:02 GMT
#76
On July 08 2010 02:00 Dingotrold wrote:
Show nested quote +
Just to put it in context, are you also part of the US server that changed files to get the EU patch or are you from the Eu server?


I'm on the EU server. I thought it was issues with my harddrive but I'm thinking I'll sweat it out untill b.net opens again and see if it works, before I go full ret-ro on my system.



Fair enough. Keep in touch if you have an epiphany or hear of the cause of the problem/solutions mate.
| QuanticGaming.com | There is no greater feeling then to find order in the chaos, as you slip the puzzle pieces in place.
ThatsNoMoon
Profile Joined March 2010
Mexico344 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 17:10:25
July 07 2010 17:02 GMT
#77
How do I manually patch?
I've downloaded the latest one, i unrar the folder where exactly?
I tried doing it here

C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Support


Then double click the Blizzard Updater then I get a There is no patch file message and nothing happens.

I also run SC2 and nothing happens, as in I boot up on an old version (still have the black and yellow loading bar) and nothing is updated - I'm just kicked out with the same message "Invalid version. Please try again later".

EDIT:
nvm I seem to be doing the right thing, I'm gonna try a few other suggestions but it doesn't seem like the patching is the problem.
Got neurosis from Artosis cause you bunker rushed my heart GG baby, lets go crazy cause the game's about to start
Sentient66
Profile Joined July 2009
United States651 Posts
July 07 2010 17:05 GMT
#78
On July 08 2010 01:50 jordasniper wrote:
anyone else having the problem where it starts up and just closes the program?


Yep.
seNsiX.421
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 19:05:32
July 07 2010 17:06 GMT
#79
My Starcraft closes with out any error as soon as I launch the program.

Anyone else having this problem?

edit: n/m it works now
SCV good to go sir
FTemplar
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada70 Posts
July 07 2010 17:08 GMT
#80
My game works just fine (Patch 19) but it says battle.net is under maintenance. Please try again later.
I have to vomit every 30 seconds, otherwise I don't feel so good.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 151
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 431
HiyA 240
Shine 83
Mong 67
NotJumperer 38
Bale 31
Noble 10
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 595
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 796
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft750
Other Games
summit1g9045
ceh9392
Happy391
PiGStarcraft343
Livibee125
ArmadaUGS37
RuFF_SC230
olofmeister1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream521
Other Games
gamesdonequick520
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH92
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2362
League of Legends
• Lourlo1673
• Rush1291
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 47m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.