• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:12
CEST 03:12
KST 10:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6973 users

New Patch Issues - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 29 Next All
eclipse0219
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3 Posts
July 07 2010 21:31 GMT
#141
Wow thanks alot it started I didn't read the whole thread at first, or any for that matter because I'm so pumped for phase 2 lol but now I'm good thanks again.
Calamity
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada161 Posts
July 07 2010 21:39 GMT
#142
So what should I do?

I've just re-installed starcraft 2. Have not patched at all yet. I don't wanna waste a bunch of time patching to have it not patch correctly. I also don't want to do that realmlist thing since i live in NA and EU might screw it up. Or should I just wait until Blizzard give further confirmation?
Betaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
July 07 2010 21:45 GMT
#143
Crap CRC error here too:

The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\StarCraft II Editor.exe" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x7bc9e9b8, actual 0x5fb426fd.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)
n_n
j4vz
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada976 Posts
July 07 2010 21:46 GMT
#144
it was save to dl patch from eu anyway, blizzard added an auto-repair tool
someone_elses_lies@live.fr
kodancer
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States89 Posts
July 07 2010 23:06 GMT
#145
I found a solution for the error telling you to reinstall the game that pops up during whatever % of your 500mb file download. Note: this might not work for everyone.

Go to SC2Manager and load the most recent replay. (You'll probably not even be able to watch the replay, but it doesn't matter.) Close and click sc2.exe again to see your download resume!

This idea occurred to me when I wasn't able to play sc2 a while back before beta closed. It somehow wanted me to download patches again, but I was sure I had them because I've been playing it a few hours ago, and I was sure there weren't any new patches out. Well I figured out when I was watching old reps, I changed the patch version of the game. So all I had to do was watch the most recent replay and it worked!
Notorious-B.I.G
Profile Joined February 2010
77 Posts
July 07 2010 23:29 GMT
#146
whenever i try to start my sc2 it says error occured while starting sc2 please try again.

everytime i try same error anyone help?
PGHammer
Profile Joined February 2010
United States132 Posts
July 08 2010 00:14 GMT
#147
On July 07 2010 23:38 Rizzelet wrote:
If you're a US player and you're having the same problem as LSGamer (aka me), is it possible to do this
Show nested quote +
in your starcraft 2 beta folder go in support folder
right click in the support folder create->txtfile write
set patchlist eu-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch
in it and rename it to realmlist.stf
try doing this. (taken from glurio's post i the "new patch is up tread") worked for me

and just exchange "eu" with "us"?

Edit:
Show nested quote +
I don't think the US patch servers are up yet.
o i c


Yes; it is. I'm in the US (Accokeek, MD, to be precise), but patched via the EU servers. (It's just slower than it would be if the US servers were up.)

Also, UNfortunately, you can't start either game or map editor without the servers being up (side-effect of patch 16).
Bad news, fellas
PGHammer
Profile Joined February 2010
United States132 Posts
July 08 2010 00:17 GMT
#148
On July 08 2010 05:44 Zed.iii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 05:13 My5tiC4L wrote:
On July 08 2010 04:42 Zed.iii wrote:
Solution for error message when patching:
reinstall

Patching up:

If you're patch 8+ and not eu

go to your Starcraft II Beta folder, open support folder and open the realmlist.stf file with i.e notepad, change the contain to

set patchlist eu-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch

save and start the game


Patching up from scratch, both eu and other regions

go to your Starcraft II Beta folder, open support folder, make .txt file, i.e notepad, name it realmlist(XP may type in realmlist.stf)
type in set patchlist eu-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch
(Vista/Windows 7 choose Save as..
File name: realmlist.stf
All files

Open your Starcraft II

Enjoy


You don't have to be patch 8+ and it realmlist.stf does not have to be set to eu.


no but after patch 8 u actually have the realmlist.stf file by default
and from what I know US still can't dl the latest patch



US clients can download it; just not from the US servers (which are down). I'm just outside of Washington, DC, but downloaded from the EU servers (started from bare, too; not even so much as patch 1).
Bad news, fellas
_Tetsuo_
Profile Joined March 2010
Brazil42 Posts
July 08 2010 00:21 GMT
#149
I did patch it and now it says "The Blizzard launch must be in the same folder as a Blizzard game", when i click the desktop shortcut.

When i click in the sc2.exe it says some files is missing and i have to reinstall. Is it normal?!
PGHammer
Profile Joined February 2010
United States132 Posts
July 08 2010 00:21 GMT
#150
On July 08 2010 03:44 Polska wrote:
Anyone know how to patch US version from clean install?


The same realmlist.stf patch works from a clean install (I patched mine that way from a clean install). Instead of sixteen separate patch files, there's one 900 MB patch (Protoss Mothership-sized); I call it the MOAP (Mother Of All Patches). Follow the directions for Europe (it's the US patch servers that are down; the EU servers are up).
Bad news, fellas
SGTSousuke
Profile Joined July 2010
5 Posts
July 08 2010 00:54 GMT
#151
I have a strange issue.

I have always gotten no disk errors while installing all the patches. Typically I just click continue and all works out.

The error always happens after the patch download completes and then attempts to install. For this patch that happens at 70%.

One of two things happen at this point. Either you click "continue," "try again," or "cancel" till your blue in the face. Or wait and the updating window will go away and with one click the error message will go away.

Reopening the updater will result in the same process taking place all over again.

The error message is
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 7c7df5f8 a2e95cf8 7c7df5f8 7c7df5f8

This maybe an XP64 issue, that is the only strange thing about my system.
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
July 08 2010 00:56 GMT
#152
^ I get the same thing, stops at 70% for a GG
Why?
sMi.NewB
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States127 Posts
July 08 2010 01:13 GMT
#153
On July 08 2010 05:55 sMi.NewB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 04:14 sMi.NewB wrote:
On July 07 2010 23:32 MooiSh wrote:
Hey.

got to 77% through the updating process and ecountered this error during the writing process.

Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Textures\shieldcube.dds". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()

Upon this problem occuring, the updater crashes and closes

Not sure what this originates from. Anyone else getting this problem?
Edit: happened to me again. Any suggestions?



I'm getting something very similar - did you find a fix? here's mine:

The update was cancelled.
Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Versions\Base15097\SC2.exe". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()



Fixed my problem by reinstalling. After the reinstall it automatically patched me to 16 and I can open the beta but can't login, get an error saying:

Show nested quote +
Invalid Version. Please try again later
.

Is that what everyone is getting now?


Finally got it ready to go, says bnet is down. I had to get the last patch by following the last steps of the op. Thanks!
InnovativeYogis.com
SGTSousuke
Profile Joined July 2010
5 Posts
July 08 2010 01:30 GMT
#154
On July 08 2010 09:54 SGTSousuke wrote:
I have a strange issue.

I have always gotten no disk errors while installing all the patches. Typically I just click continue and all works out.

The error always happens after the patch download completes and then attempts to install. For this patch that happens at 70%.

One of two things happen at this point. Either you click "continue," "try again," or "cancel" till your blue in the face. Or wait and the updating window will go away and with one click the error message will go away.

Reopening the updater will result in the same process taking place all over again.

The error message is
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 7c7df5f8 a2e95cf8 7c7df5f8 7c7df5f8

This maybe an XP64 issue, that is the only strange thing about my system.


OK, I am dumbfounded by this fix. All I did was change the drive letters of my card readers from F and G to Z and Y.... Problem gone. Dumbfounded.
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
July 08 2010 02:42 GMT
#155
On July 08 2010 06:45 FaCE_1 wrote:
Crap CRC error here too:

The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\StarCraft II Editor.exe" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x7bc9e9b8, actual 0x5fb426fd.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)


had the same problem. i uninstalled, reinstalled, and did the reamlist patch trick. working fine now
Bright]
Profile Joined March 2010
United States118 Posts
July 08 2010 03:02 GMT
#156
Anyone know how to change the default resolution before the game launches? My screen goes to a resolution that my monitor doesn't support? Then I'm forced to restart my computer..]

This never happened a single time on any of the patches during phase 1
Track 1
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
July 08 2010 03:03 GMT
#157
I don't get the message to get the new patch, but when I try to log in, SC2 closes -_-
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Grond
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
599 Posts
July 08 2010 03:06 GMT
#158
Getting the following error:

Installing Blizzard Updater at "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\" on Wed Jul 07 20:11:22 2010.
Error: The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Support\..\Updates\sc2-13891-15976-x86-Win-enUS-game" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.


That was my 10th try. I delete the file and try again but get the same error. It's a 763 MB file so starting to get a little irritating.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
July 08 2010 03:15 GMT
#159
fml
Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Versions\Shaders852121\deltaCache.bin". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()


so wats wrong,i am at the latets patch right now.T_T
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
July 08 2010 03:20 GMT
#160
I can't even get to the point where the box pops up....Whats going on? I patched it and it keeps crashing on me.

======================================================================
StarCraft II Beta (B15976B)
Time: 2010-07-07 20:17:47.515
Exe: C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base15976\SC2.exe
Parameters:
Exe Built: 2010-07-07 14:40:44.312
User: Owner
Computer: OWNER-D4BA7978B
Version: 0.19.0.15976
Branch: branches/Beta2
Revision: 82351
Locale: enUS
======================================================================
im deaf
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings63
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 142
RuFF_SC2 31
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 622
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 542
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0248
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra574
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 48m
OSC
20h 48m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.