• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:58
CEST 14:58
KST 21:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7522 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 114 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:33 GMT
#1041
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 03:39 GMT
#1042
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:47 GMT
#1043
On January 12 2014 12:39 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.

The bolded is obviously true but it is of secondary importance to me right now.
If someone who looked townie accused me I probably would have reacted that way. But it was you who did next to nothing himself and to me it looks really suspicious that my lack of public reads is the scummiest thing you found in this game.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:48 GMT
#1044
Anyways I am off for now. It has gotten really late.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 03:49 GMT
#1045
On January 12 2014 12:47 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:39 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.

The bolded is obviously true but it is of secondary importance to me right now.
If someone who looked townie accused me I probably would have reacted that way. But it was you who did next to nothing himself and to me it looks really suspicious that my lack of public reads is the scummiest thing you found in this game.


what in your opinion is the scummiest thing in the game?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2014 03:55 GMT
#1046
Hmmmm

Aquanim. Why the need to counter a derrida wagon before it gains momentum?

Why not let it evolve organically.. I.e. let derrida speak for himself.


Do you not find it odd he posts freely in one fame and struggles in the other?
Exacerbated by a similar summary/list post to his scum opener.
Why go to that effort and then spoiler it too.?


Plus. Thrawn I'm disappointed I'm not on ya nice list. Haven't pm yam but even he put 2+2 together. Unless marv spoke to him.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 04:00 GMT
#1047
Has anyone talked to JAT in pms? I have been recently and I got the impression that he was making up his reads on the spot. Explanations were short and there weren't many conclusions. He also only talked about people that I mentioned first, something I noticed about my own scum mason play (esp the rayn chat) from Time to Die. Does anyone have similar or contrasting experiences with him in pm's?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 04:02 GMT
#1048
On January 12 2014 12:55 Mocsta wrote:
Hmmmm

Aquanim. Why the need to counter a derrida wagon before it gains momentum?

Why not let it evolve organically.. I.e. let derrida speak for himself.

Do you not find it odd he posts freely in one fame and struggles in the other?
Exacerbated by a similar summary/list post to his scum opener.
Why go to that effort and then spoiler it too.?

Don't get me wrong, I still think Derrida has a lot to prove to us. He's given me no reason to think he's a townie yet.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 04:04 GMT
#1049
On January 12 2014 12:49 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:47 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:39 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.

The bolded is obviously true but it is of secondary importance to me right now.
If someone who looked townie accused me I probably would have reacted that way. But it was you who did next to nothing himself and to me it looks really suspicious that my lack of public reads is the scummiest thing you found in this game.


what in your opinion is the scummiest thing in the game?

Good question. I thought some things BH said were pretty scummy but that was probably wrong obviously... and call it OMGUS but I think Aquanims wishy washy stance on Derrida (he himself felt the need to answer the question about Derrida which was directed at everyone and then only came up with this inconclusive statement - why even say anything about it then?) + his attack against me is scummy too.
If someone wants my opinion on something/someone just ask me. It's not hard...
But I have to leave for real now.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 04:09 GMT
#1050
On January 12 2014 13:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Has anyone talked to JAT in pms? I have been recently and I got the impression that he was making up his reads on the spot. Explanations were short and there weren't many conclusions. He also only talked about people that I mentioned first, something I noticed about my own scum mason play (esp the rayn chat) from Time to Die. Does anyone have similar or contrasting experiences with him in pm's?

Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 04:13 GMT
#1051
On January 12 2014 13:04 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:49 thrawn2112 wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:47 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:39 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.

The bolded is obviously true but it is of secondary importance to me right now.
If someone who looked townie accused me I probably would have reacted that way. But it was you who did next to nothing himself and to me it looks really suspicious that my lack of public reads is the scummiest thing you found in this game.


what in your opinion is the scummiest thing in the game?

Good question. I thought some things BH said were pretty scummy but that was probably wrong obviously... and call it OMGUS but I think Aquanims wishy washy stance on Derrida (he himself felt the need to answer the question about Derrida which was directed at everyone and then only came up with this inconclusive statement - why even say anything about it then?) + his attack against me is scummy too.
If someone wants my opinion on something/someone just ask me. It's not hard...
But I have to leave for real now.

DoctorH asked for opinions on Derrida - I gave mine, 1) to show that I'm thinking about the game and 2) as a starting point for discussion in which myself and others can try to convince one another that our view is correct (and hopefully reach the correct conclusion re. Derrida's alignment).

At present I'm not certain what Derrida's alignment is - dunno why you'd expect me to be from the handful of posts he's made. If I had strong, certain reads on everybody the game would be easy. And it's not.

You'll also have to try harder than that to make an argument why me pushing you for posting no reads is scummy.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2014 04:25 GMT
#1052
Fyi
Bum pm me

Went nowhere. Maybe he went to bed
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 12 2014 04:52 GMT
#1053
I buy it.

DocH I am disappoint. After reading (most) of the thread, I can't even think of who the other actual candidates are. I'll vote for Wave.

##Vote: WaveofShadow
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 04:53 GMT
#1054
On January 12 2014 13:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
I buy it.

DocH I am disappoint. After reading (most) of the thread, I can't even think of who the other actual candidates are. I'll vote for Wave.

##Vote: WaveofShadow


Is there anything in particular you're buying?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 12 2014 04:54 GMT
#1055
The mason claim. If Hopeless claims it's true, I'll roll with it for now. They'll either die in the night or we'll lynch one of them eventually to find out the truth.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 05:05 GMT
#1056
On January 12 2014 13:54 VisceraEyes wrote:
The mason claim. If Hopeless claims it's true, I'll roll with it for now. They'll either die in the night or we'll lynch one of them eventually to find out the truth.

Can you see any reason why Blazinghand wouldn't want hopeless to confirm him? cos I got nothing

On January 12 2014 10:58 Blazinghand wrote:
Would it be okay for hopeless1 not to have to confirm me? that might be easier in terms of avoiding scum nk

VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 12 2014 05:07 GMT
#1057
Oh wtf? Ummmm....because he and Hopeless probably aren't the only ones who are confirmed. Is my guess.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 05:12 GMT
#1058
I guess that's possible.

Do you have an opinion regarding my suspicions of justanothertownie?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 12 2014 05:12 GMT
#1059
The important thing is that he hasn't outright denied it. I can't think of a good reason Hopeless would keep it from town if he knows BH is lying right now.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 12 2014 06:06 GMT
#1060
Well, mayor games are different, but people who run who pass suspicion are generally town
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings171
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5451
Jaedong 3501
Leta 2022
EffOrt 785
Horang2 464
Soma 410
BeSt 376
Mini 307
Rush 280
Stork 225
[ Show more ]
Killer 208
Light 177
Zeus 141
Barracks 139
Larva 125
Snow 119
Pusan 112
ggaemo 104
Sea.KH 61
Mong 52
JYJ 50
hero 46
firebathero 43
HiyA 43
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 35
Sharp 33
Shinee 25
sorry 21
Aegong 17
Sexy 15
zelot 15
Shine 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7118
Dendi656
XaKoH 540
qojqva17
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_106
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3825
Other Games
gofns45015
singsing1602
olofmeister1325
B2W.Neo720
byalli593
Lowko350
Livibee194
DeMusliM134
OGKoka 100
ArmadaUGS94
mouzStarbuck63
Liquid`VortiX11
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV503
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV325
League of Legends
• Jankos1787
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 2m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.