• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 52

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 114 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 02:14 GMT
#1021
People are welcome to comment on suchdoge as well since nobody has yet...
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 02:14 GMT
#1022
BC gets bored kill him like day 3 or 4 if he hasn't done anything
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 02:15 GMT
#1023
On January 12 2014 11:14 WaveofShadow wrote:
People are welcome to comment on suchdoge as well since nobody has yet...

talking about it in irc right now, will you get on irc i'd like to talk to you in particular actually. i have confidence that if you are town it will be productive
RIP Aaliyah
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 02:15 GMT
#1024
On January 12 2014 11:13 yamato77 wrote:
Or BC

But he SHOULD play more soon.

I have no doubt that BC is telling the truth as either alignment. Do you think he's scum yamato?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 02:15 GMT
#1025
On January 12 2014 11:15 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:14 WaveofShadow wrote:
People are welcome to comment on suchdoge as well since nobody has yet...

talking about it in irc right now, will you get on irc i'd like to talk to you in particular actually. i have confidence that if you are town it will be productive

Don't have it on this computer. Give me a bit.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 02:15 GMT
#1026
when u guys say irc do you mean irc/ts/skype?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 02:16 GMT
#1027
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 02:17 GMT
#1028
irc #tlmafia
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 02:17 GMT
#1029
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?
RIP Aaliyah
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 02:35 GMT
#1030
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 02:37 GMT
#1031
Re. Derrida's meta: his listpost in the newbie was quite similar to his start here, but that on its own seems like a pretty superficial thing to base a scumread on. It's entirely plausible to me that he thought it was a good idea as town so in his scumgame he replicated it.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 02:38 GMT
#1032
EBWOP for the post before last: The conlusion I draw on Captain Obvious is that unless he starts committing to stuff he may have to be policy lynched.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 02:43 GMT
#1033
On January 12 2014 11:35 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.

Maybe you could point out the scummy things in my 2 page filter then? Or is my thread presence the only reason for your read? You don't even have one filter page and call other people lurkers...
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 02:49 GMT
#1034
On January 12 2014 11:43 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:35 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.

Maybe you could point out the scummy things in my 2 page filter then? Or is my thread presence the only reason for your read? You don't even have one filter page and call other people lurkers...

I already did. Your filter may be longer than mine but you haven't contributed a single read to the thread.

And yes, I'm aware with my filter length calling people out for lurking is a shade hypocritical. I have two answers:
1) I'm pretty sure there's at least half a dozen people with filters shorter than mine
2) Just because I'm a hypocrite doesn't make it any less true. Deal with it.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:03 GMT
#1035
The most important thing to me right now is to find a good mayor. Right now I think that would probably be rayn because he is one of the few people that look really townie to me.
Who do you want to elect?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:06 GMT
#1036
I mean did you ever talk about that? Skimming through your filter I just saw your "maybe scummy maybe not" read on Derrida and your baseless attack against me.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 03:11 GMT
#1037
On January 12 2014 12:06 justanothertownie wrote:
I mean did you ever talk about that? Skimming through your filter I just saw your "maybe scummy maybe not" read on Derrida and your baseless attack against me.

Until a mayoral aspirant actually says "I want to lynch X" I don't have a whole lot to pick and choose between them.
In answer to your question though... I'd prefer yamato over rayn since while I reckon they're both probably town I get along with yamato better. DocH apparently doesn't want the job now, but if he did I could live with that too. (He's also town.)

What exactly do you mean by "baseless attack"? Do you contest my statement that you've provided no reads and committed to basically no positions, or do you contest that that makes you likely scum?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:15 GMT
#1038
I contest that it makes me scum and if you are primarily looking for scum then I am surprised you didn't find anything better if you are town.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 12 2014 03:24 GMT
#1039
On January 12 2014 12:15 justanothertownie wrote:
I contest that it makes me scum and if you are primarily looking for scum then I am surprised you didn't find anything better if you are town.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that if I find somebody who in one and a half pages of filter hasn't given a read on anybody, meaning that they've made no committments that their future play will have to be consistent with, that isn't a good reason to have a scumread on them?

Is this seriously the argument which you are making?
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 03:31 GMT
#1040
suchdoge, i am mrbungle on irc, please get in touch. or if you can pm again that's cool too
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 8
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1288
Shuttle 1142
Soma 677
Mini 674
Rush 462
actioN 457
Light 362
Larva 334
BeSt 222
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 108
Dewaltoss 102
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 27
JYJ 27
soO 25
Bale 24
Shine 24
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 19
sorry 14
zelot 14
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2068
Dendi883
420jenkins175
Counter-Strike
Fnx 787
pashabiceps669
x6flipin540
ceh9378
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3605
Liquid`Hasu313
Other Games
Beastyqt475
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
Liquid`VortiX168
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
Trikslyr61
TKL 59
C9.Mang052
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV255
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH251
• StrangeGG 72
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 11
• FirePhoenix10
• 80smullet 5
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV436
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade766
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 10m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.