• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:00
CEST 14:00
KST 21:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9346 users

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Emulated! - Page 49

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 63 Next
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-04 07:08:36
November 18 2007 05:46 GMT
#961
Lately I've been watching a lot of Arcana Heart Full match vids. I've played it only once and it's quite fun .

Basically, you know how CvS2 has different Grooves? Well, in AHF, you get to choose an "Arcana" to use with your character. Each Arcana gives you some additional special moves, super moves, and you can activate it to get a bonus effect (but generally people use Arcana activation as a combo breaker). A few give your character extra effects that are always active.

Some of the cooler Arcanas are:

o Time Arcana:
- Makes your "homing" dash more like a full-screen teleport that you can stop at any time. You can do insane ground crossups with this dash.
- Lets you hold a silhouette of certain moves, that you can release at a later time. You hold it by holding down the 'C' button, though, so you can't use that button again until you release the attack. Also, if you get hit, I believe you lose the silhouette.

o Poison Arcana:
- Aside from the obvious ability (poison), it gives you a cool super where you trade places with your opponent. You can even use this in the middle of a combo, and your opponent will keep their momentum from whatever you last hit them with.

o Steel Arcana:
- This is like, S-Groove + RPG. You don't gain meter from attacking your opponent: instead, you have to charge it up, like S-Groove in CvS2.
- You can summon swords and shields. You can use a "level-up" super to make these attacks stronger (bronze -> silver -> gold).
- You also get supers to power up your attack or defense temporarily.

Another main system mechanic is the "homing" gauge, 3 bars just above your super meter. Their main uses are "homing cancels", where you cancel out of any move (even a super) and fly towards your opponent, and "guard cancels", where you fly out of guard stun and get temporary invincibility (until you attack). Guard cancels are vital to the game, like how parries are vital to 3s. The homing bars replenish themselves after a while.

Lastly, a couple more notes:
- When two attacks collide, they "clash" and both players are reset, like in SSBM.
- You cannot kill someone with block damage.


And now, for some cool match videos . Note that whenever you see a character dash forward with a red shield, that's a forward guard cancel.


Kamui w/ Time vs Heart w/ Poison
Kamui = girl with sword, looks like Hibiki, using the awesome Time Arcana .
Heart = looks like Sakura, using Poison
This is a pretty action-packed game. Enjoy .



Kamui w/ "Gier" vs Kira w/ Steel
Kira = girl swiming in bubblegum, has Hugo's strength and throws plus Makoto's mobility and mix-up games. Using Steel Arcana (S-Groove + level-ups).
"Gier" is a really annoying Arcana. It has a shark attack and a shark super, and you can hold both of them (until you get hit).
Very close matches .



Kira w/ Steel vs Saki w/ Earth
Saki = generic charge character, has moves like Guile. Earth Arcana is mainly used to fist her opponents.
Note that Kira's super throw = Gigas Breaker xD. I love the throw mixups the Steel Kira player uses (reminds me of Makoto ). E.g. when his opponent is knocked down, he'll create a shield so the opponent can't hit him on wake-up, then mix up between "Kira Sama Driver" and a launcher attack into a combo. He also knows where the gaps in his combos are, where people can air-tech out of them, and sometimes he'll anticipate it and do a throw instead of continuing the combo :D.



Liselotte w/ Gier vs Maori w/ Lightning
Liselotte = girl with puppet. She's the only top-tier character, but she's like Yun: highest damage potential, but very hard to use well. By the way, all but 3 characters in Arcana Heart Full are mid-tier. The two low-tier characters are Fiona (big sword) and Yariko (witch). Also, the tiers are nowhere near as extreme as they are in 3s: the game is very well-balanced and you can generally win with anyone vs anyone.
Maori = girl with team of sisters, who fight like a game of MvC2 with assists everywhere .
This match is pretty good. Mainly I'm showing some other game chars.



Kamui w/ Time vs Kira w/ Steel
I love watching these two guys play. And here's a vid with both of them!




Edit: lol, my HTML embedding no longer works because I'm no longer a blue letter staff member . (wonders how many other vids are now broken o.Oa)
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
November 18 2007 06:23 GMT
#962
Nice Bill. Very entretaining videos :o
Moderator<:3-/-<
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 18 2007 06:43 GMT
#963
The best Hugo players are the ones who can parry and punish. o.O
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-18 09:22:34
November 18 2007 09:21 GMT
#964
Man, I just played an exhausting 60-minute 2v2 with Jimmy, Rek, and Mani. This is definitely one reason why fighting games, though superior to SC in some respects IMO, will never totally replace StarCraft/RTS in my life: when you work for an hour-long win (or even a close loss) it's like, a completely different feeling from anything you can experience in fighting games =].

Glad you liked the videos, IntoTheWow . I'll probably post more in the future.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 18 2007 12:47 GMT
#965
On November 18 2007 12:44 Bill307 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2007 11:58 ArC_man wrote:
New Gvision ranbat out:

It was a 3v3 with a LOT of new names. I only recognized Ru (who was playing Ken instead of Ryu) and Ochibi.
+ Show Spoiler +

Semi-final 1:



Semi-final 2:


3rd place:


Final:


Good matches .
+ Show Spoiler +
That Makoto was beastly! He was particularly good at spacing. Furthermore, that Alex was even beastlier, getting an OCV! :O


Watched it last night before I went to sleep, 99% sure that the makoto was Boss btw (his ID said "Bossy", which I've seen many times before). I recognized "Ike" and Boss in addition to the guys you mentioned, Tokido was on the winning team but didnt play, I'm not entirely certain but I do feel I've seen "shousuke" before...
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
November 18 2007 15:47 GMT
#966
What the hell is that big pink blob?! lol
For part of that last video it almost seemed like the pink blob player wasn't doing anything, he got crushed pretty bad those first 2 rounds
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
November 18 2007 18:44 GMT
#967
hahhahaha wow pink blob with a little girl inside, go japan!
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
November 18 2007 18:47 GMT
#968
On November 18 2007 14:46 Bill307 wrote:
Lately I've been watching a lot of Arcana Heart Full match vids. I've played it only once and it's quite fun .

dude, go make your own thread.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
November 18 2007 19:03 GMT
#969
Bill can post whatever he wants in this thread, since he's contributed to it more than you have
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
November 18 2007 19:55 GMT
#970
On November 19 2007 03:47 anch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2007 14:46 Bill307 wrote:
Lately I've been watching a lot of Arcana Heart Full match vids. I've played it only once and it's quite fun .

dude, go make your own thread.

Personally, I think this should be the Third Strike And Other Awesome Fighting Games topic, since there aren't enough people here interested in fighting games to keep more than one topic active, as far as I can tell. Maybe if it gets too all-over-the-place then we can make a new topic for non-3s.

Besides, I like watching great matches from any fighting game. Except for 3s, where I like watching almost all top-level matches .

Just, if you're going to post a bunch of matches from another game up, then please take some time to explain how the game works. E.g. I really don't know anything about Guilty Gear so it's hard to understand what's going on in that game.
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
November 18 2007 20:26 GMT
#971
I don't think the Makoto (Bosui) is Boss. I thought Boss always used jab Makoto? Also the Makoto was raping, but it wasn't Boss-level team demolishing . Bosui has appeared in some other matches before:



Tokido was on the team w/ Ochibi and Bosui? That's a really broken team compared to all of the other teams in this tournament, no wonder they won lol.
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 00:22:47
November 20 2007 00:21 GMT
#972
Ugh, double posting -.-zz

the new FFA ranbat is out
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3282106748351936981&hl=en
or download at www.denjin-video.com

Maybe I'll edit with thoughts after I watched the whole thing.

Edit: Haji this time Rockefeller doesn't commentate =P
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 03:49:22
November 20 2007 01:37 GMT
#973
On November 20 2007 09:21 ArC_man wrote:
Ugh, double posting -.-zz

the new FFA ranbat is out
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3282106748351936981&hl=en
or download at www.denjin-video.com

Maybe I'll edit with thoughts after I watched the whole thing.

Edit: Haji this time Rockefeller doesn't commentate =P

Thanks . The intro was really neat. (lol @ Ken and Ryu flying across the screen)

Too bad Rockefeller isn't commentating this one . At least they've got Ray Ramos commentating, instead.

+ Show Spoiler [first 3 games] +

Pyro vs Gootecks: typical Pyrolee ownage. I liked Gootecks's tackle in the middle of Pyro's 1-2-3-palm chain combo.

Ed Ma vs Ken I: "THE MASTER!!!" lol. Ed Ma totally dominated Ken I.

Ty vs Tony: I liked Ty's close mk into TWO BOOTS! Totally unexpected. WOW when the headbutt beat Dudley's super!! O_O


Eric Chin vs Alpha was meh.

+ Show Spoiler [OMGOMGOMG] +
Ty vs Ken I: SICK BO3! SICK! DDT!!! My heart was racing throughout that series.
Shymon
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States620 Posts
November 20 2007 04:23 GMT
#974
there are some sick matches in the ffa ranbat...omg, ty vs ken I, freaking awesome.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-20 04:40:09
November 20 2007 04:39 GMT
#975
Hahahaha, I love the comments they make when Ty does Alex's overhead:

"Ty with that American Cancer Punch!"

"Brain Cancer again!" rofl

Other good stuff:
+ Show Spoiler +
The Ty vs Gootecks matches were also great.
Ed coming back in a round with no life left vs Pyro. ("leap attacks are invincible" )
Ed almost parrying out of an aegis unblockable.
Gootecks beasting Ed 2-0 (didn't see that coming :O ).
Gootecks taking a game from Pyro, 2-0.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
November 20 2007 06:11 GMT
#976
Hahaha
Captain America, Final Justice!
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
November 20 2007 06:14 GMT
#977
Hahahahahaha
their commentary during the alex makato match was hilarious
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 20 2007 11:45 GMT
#978
On November 19 2007 04:55 Bill307 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2007 03:47 anch wrote:
On November 18 2007 14:46 Bill307 wrote:
Lately I've been watching a lot of Arcana Heart Full match vids. I've played it only once and it's quite fun .

dude, go make your own thread.

Personally, I think this should be the Third Strike And Other Awesome Fighting Games topic, since there aren't enough people here interested in fighting games to keep more than one topic active, as far as I can tell. Maybe if it gets too all-over-the-place then we can make a new topic for non-3s.

Besides, I like watching great matches from any fighting game. Except for 3s, where I like watching almost all top-level matches .



If that's the case, I'm intrested to know if anyone here plays MvC2 at a high-level, I'm better at that than I'll ever be at 3s or SC =p
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 20 2007 19:28 GMT
#979
omg lol this commentary is so good.
Final Justice! A flock of doves just flew out from behind Ty and an American flag just unfurled.
CAPTAIN FUCKING AMERICA! FUCK YEA.

haha ray ramos going insane.
Moderator
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 20 2007 19:38 GMT
#980
I will banish myself from this thread if mvc2 discussion becomes a mainstay here.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 87
CranKy Ducklings14
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM801
IndyStarCraft 158
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 801
Lowko432
mouzHeroMarine 267
IndyStarCraft 162
MindelVK 20
Rex 14
TKL 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40362
Free 5325
Jaedong 1817
BeSt 805
Horang2 399
Soulkey 393
Soma 262
Zeus 233
Larva 193
Hyun 150
[ Show more ]
Last 121
sorry 121
Mind 79
Pusan 76
Yoon 61
Sexy 56
Shinee 44
soO 41
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 17
scan(afreeca) 16
zelot 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5277
Dendi786
XaKoH 448
XcaliburYe208
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
byalli693
Other Games
gofns32033
singsing1999
Coldzera 704
B2W.Neo547
Pyrionflax266
ToD119
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 20
• Adnapsc2 14
• Gemini_19 13
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV441
League of Legends
• Jankos3439
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.