• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:22
CEST 05:22
KST 12:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8209 users

SSB-64 Mafia - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 55 Next
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:47 GMT
#921
On July 07 2012 06:44 kingdedede wrote:
I'm going with the fact that he said you always look super townie when you are townie, and that in this game you haven't been. The one thing I know is that he isn't trying to mislead me, which I don't know about anyone else in the game.


That's ridiculous to vote on meta at this point in the game haha. Please at least read through people's filters assuming I'm town and see if it makes sense to you. I am town.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 06 2012 21:47 GMT
#922
On July 07 2012 06:41 talismania wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:38 talismania wrote:
On July 05 2012 15:07 Mister Saturn wrote:
Sigh, whatever, I'll worry about this if grush isn't scum. I have a strong town read on dedede, so that makes Cephiro strong town too.


On July 06 2012 02:17 Mister Saturn wrote:
I don't think it's a ceph/dedede scum team, Risen. I'm fairly certain dedede is town and so Cephiro pretty much has to be too.

I think grush just happened to shoot the same person as scum. I just don't see why scum grush would claim.


So who's my partner then?


On another note - how do you get from having a strong town read on dedede = cephiro is town?

I mean I agree both are town, but I don't see how you get there from that line of reasoning.


Because I didn't consider the possibility that Cephiro might shoot himself if he was scum on a different team. I thought the only way he would do that was if dedede was his partner. And I didn't consider that likely at all.

But this is a game with three stock and it's entirely possible that scum can do this.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
July 06 2012 21:47 GMT
#923
Okay I've been reading everyone's filters through, and I must say none of them are particularly enchanting.
I started to think what if talis is scum.

The problem is that if tali was scum, from my perspective it's a bus in every possible scenario. I know I'm not scum, so that leaves 4 possibilities:

talismania + grush57: Extremely unlikely as I can't believe both mafia members would be the only lynch options two days in a row, + they've been voting against each other since the start. Also a bus.

talismania + Saturn: A bus at this stage seems needlessly risky as talismania absorbed DK last night, so he is not carrying anyone yet. It doesn't make any sense as Saturn could easily push for grush to be killed, thus letting talismania get to pick a target for his DK ability next night, enabling Saturn to bus him the following day if necessary. I guess this is possible if Saturn was super cocky due to having 2.5 KP total, but I can't see this happening either.

talismania + HRB: A bus situation again. Although HRB's role isn't known (except that it's not a Samus or DK.), this combination seems unlikely as well. HRB made a case on me and talis, I don't see why he would push for talis that hard instead of going for me, as I reckon at this stage he wouldn't even have to convince grush to join the bandwagon.

talismania + kingdedede: Bus situation. A yoshi+kirby scumteam seems quite lacking if town has 2 DK, 2 samus + something. Hard to see a motivation for the night action, why would they want me to gain town-cred when talis was up for lynch D1? They could have shot dedede and bussed him forward to someone they considered a threat. I just can't see this happening either.

And I know I'm town. talismania + anyone scumteam just doesn't make any fucking sense.
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 06 2012 21:48 GMT
#924
Feel good. You made the right choice.
*PING*
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:49 GMT
#925
cephiro you'll have to shoot grush tonight I think. sigh.
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 06 2012 21:51 GMT
#926
On July 07 2012 06:47 talismania wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:44 kingdedede wrote:
I'm going with the fact that he said you always look super townie when you are townie, and that in this game you haven't been. The one thing I know is that he isn't trying to mislead me, which I don't know about anyone else in the game.


That's ridiculous to vote on meta at this point in the game haha. Please at least read through people's filters assuming I'm town and see if it makes sense to you. I am town.

How is voting based on meta bad? People make cases based on meta all the time and it's one of the strongest indicators in the game. Your filter doesn't scream town. There's a lot of fluff about connections and setup speculation. Some scumhunting which you didn't do in Bang Bang, but you mentioned that was an off game for you. You did do some scumhunting in Pick Your Poison as well so that fits your meta there as well.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
July 06 2012 21:51 GMT
#927
On July 07 2012 06:45 Mister Saturn wrote:
Cephiro's activity levels have been quite bad, especially at deadline times, when town should be more active, and scum are more likely to excuse themselves away.

This is fucking bullshit and you know it. I've been around every single deadline in this game, go ahead and check.

On July 07 2012 06:45 Mister Saturn wrote:
And no dont try to excuse it away as a connection without a flip. No, Cephiro makes a very direct promise "If you're not going to step up your play asap, I will push you for lynch." talismania's play has been scummy and poor. But has Cephiro followed through at all? No, he's completely ignored talismania . This is a broken promise - it's lying and scummy.

- Hiro


Nice way of twisting the words in your favour. Why should I push someone I am unsure of rather than someone I am sure to be scum? I'll give you that he looks worse than you or HRB right now, but none of talis scumteam combinations makes sense to me. Add in the fact that I considered Risen, and I still consider grush the scummiest person alive, why the hell should I push talis for lynch? This is all happening too easily, it's a scum bandwagon. It has to be either you or HRB + grush.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:53 GMT
#928
On July 07 2012 06:47 Mister Saturn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:41 talismania wrote:
On July 07 2012 06:38 talismania wrote:
On July 05 2012 15:07 Mister Saturn wrote:
Sigh, whatever, I'll worry about this if grush isn't scum. I have a strong town read on dedede, so that makes Cephiro strong town too.


On July 06 2012 02:17 Mister Saturn wrote:
I don't think it's a ceph/dedede scum team, Risen. I'm fairly certain dedede is town and so Cephiro pretty much has to be too.

I think grush just happened to shoot the same person as scum. I just don't see why scum grush would claim.


So who's my partner then?


On another note - how do you get from having a strong town read on dedede = cephiro is town?

I mean I agree both are town, but I don't see how you get there from that line of reasoning.


Because I didn't consider the possibility that Cephiro might shoot himself if he was scum on a different team. I thought the only way he would do that was if dedede was his partner. And I didn't consider that likely at all.

But this is a game with three stock and it's entirely possible that scum can do this.

- Hiro


dude what if you really are town haha. homerunbat just played us against each other.
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 06 2012 21:53 GMT
#929
If I end up being wrong on this I'm gonna send an anthrax letter to Acro.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:54 GMT
#930
On July 07 2012 06:51 kingdedede wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:47 talismania wrote:
On July 07 2012 06:44 kingdedede wrote:
I'm going with the fact that he said you always look super townie when you are townie, and that in this game you haven't been. The one thing I know is that he isn't trying to mislead me, which I don't know about anyone else in the game.


That's ridiculous to vote on meta at this point in the game haha. Please at least read through people's filters assuming I'm town and see if it makes sense to you. I am town.

How is voting based on meta bad? People make cases based on meta all the time and it's one of the strongest indicators in the game. Your filter doesn't scream town. There's a lot of fluff about connections and setup speculation. Some scumhunting which you didn't do in Bang Bang, but you mentioned that was an off game for you. You did do some scumhunting in Pick Your Poison as well so that fits your meta there as well.


it's fine day one is all I'm saying. day two with as much info as we have isn't the best time.

please please please re-read saturn's/grush's filter with the assumption that I am town. Give it a chance.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:54 GMT
#931
On July 07 2012 06:53 kingdedede wrote:
If I end up being wrong on this I'm gonna send an anthrax letter to Acro.


Again, he changed his mind on me this game - he wanted to stay on grush. He'll be sending you the letter. As will igrok
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 06 2012 21:59 GMT
#932
With 6 minutes time from when you posted you can't expect me to reread it that quick.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
July 06 2012 21:59 GMT
#933
I think town is fucked. I'll be shooting grush no matter what so it won't be gg in the morning.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 22:01 GMT
#934
solstice you need to do the same as artanis and actually assume that I'm town and really re-think this game. Unless you're scum in which case well played. Don't get too caught up in your me + cephiro theory to ignore the other possibility. I'm begging you to at least do that.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 22:02 GMT
#935
On July 07 2012 06:59 kingdedede wrote:
With 6 minutes time from when you posted you can't expect me to reread it that quick.


I can expect you to try. Come on, at least make it a no-lynch.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 06 2012 22:03 GMT
#936
---Night 2---

[image loading]




talismanias Kirby was kicked into the Acid and bounced off into a top corner of the map, loosing 1.5 Stock!



IT IS NOW NIGHT. GET YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS IN. YOU HAVE A LITTLE LESS THAN 24HOURS LEFT TO DO SO.
DEADLINE IS STILL 22:30 GMT (+00:00) AS ALWAYS


The Stage will change to Safron City tomorrow


<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 22:05 GMT
#937
see?

Now why would I have voluntarily just claimed my role when I did if I were scum? Think about that for once - please don't ignore all the possible evidence. The game isn't over but it is tilting fast.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 06 2012 22:05 GMT
#938
I'm shooting talismania tonight.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 22:10 GMT
#939
On July 07 2012 07:05 Mister Saturn wrote:
I'm shooting talismania tonight.

- Hiro


You're going to be fucked when I flip then, sorry dude if you're town.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
July 06 2012 22:10 GMT
#940
Fucking derptown. Let grush run free and lynch the townies. Can't believe this shit.

If it's Saturn+HRB somehow, then gg, it's all up to dedede bus wifom. Saturn shot on talis and KP on grush would make it 2v2 unless dedede does a gosu bus again.
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 55 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
NeuroSwarm 187
FoxeR 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3487
Leta 1844
Bale 61
Shine 17
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g7948
JimRising 573
WinterStarcraft407
ViBE144
Mew2King18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
BasetradeTV199
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 17
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo605
Other Games
• Scarra1056
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 38m
Patches Events
11h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 38m
OSC
19h 38m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.