• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10025 users

Thug Life Mini Mafia - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 308 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 18:51 GMT
#781
On September 28 2013 03:43 FirmTofu wrote:
Blazinghand is town. He's actively pushing the thread forward and his read on on me seems genuine. Forcing people to take sides on the RNG debate was a brilliant idea. Helps us out a great deal by holding people accountable for their empty stances. He's completely wrong about me, but his sincerity is clearly apparent.

You know a post like this makes it real easy for BH to say that you're just scum trying to appease him.

For the record I agree with most of your post---I'm not sure how forwardly he's pushing the thread atm, nor do I think his devising of the actual RNG was 'brilliant' as much as 'necessary.' It was the logical progression from that discussion---without a way to actually perform RNG there was no point in discussing it further and I personally did not think of a way to do it.

I'd also be careful about how 'sincere' you think BH is. He is a Wile E. guy. (Who i think is town)
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 18:52 GMT
#782
Hai Rayn.
Why didn't you tear up my post?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 27 2013 18:52 GMT
#783
On September 28 2013 03:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Oops, got cut, second last. Thi
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 03:38 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 28 2013 03:35 WaveofShadow wrote:
And where is Rayn?

Absent and defending me. Everytime that's happened, he's been scum.

s one:

Pretty sure you pushed FT lynch in GoT. Don't remember any other games you flipped scum in. So yeah. FT full of shit.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 27 2013 18:53 GMT
#784
On September 28 2013 03:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hai Rayn.
Why didn't you tear up my post?

Because i don't have to. It's just wrong.

What do you think of what i just said about FT?
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 18:54 GMT
#785
On September 28 2013 03:51 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 03:43 FirmTofu wrote:
Blazinghand is town. He's actively pushing the thread forward and his read on on me seems genuine. Forcing people to take sides on the RNG debate was a brilliant idea. Helps us out a great deal by holding people accountable for their empty stances. He's completely wrong about me, but his sincerity is clearly apparent.

You know a post like this makes it real easy for BH to say that you're just scum trying to appease him.

For the record I agree with most of your post---I'm not sure how forwardly he's pushing the thread atm, nor do I think his devising of the actual RNG was 'brilliant' as much as 'necessary.' It was the logical progression from that discussion---without a way to actually perform RNG there was no point in discussing it further and I personally did not think of a way to do it.

I'd also be careful about how 'sincere' you think BH is. He is a Wile E. guy. (Who i think is town)

You know, fuck pussyfooting around it, reading your filter atm.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 27 2013 18:54 GMT
#786
On September 28 2013 03:52 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 03:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Oops, got cut, second last. Thi
On September 28 2013 03:38 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 28 2013 03:35 WaveofShadow wrote:
And where is Rayn?

Absent and defending me. Everytime that's happened, he's been scum.

s one:

Pretty sure you pushed FT lynch in GoT. Don't remember any other games you flipped scum in. So yeah. FT full of shit.

FT is like the easiest lynch to push if you are scum. Especially on D1. Yes, he's full of shit.
town or scum full of shit? smells like scum FT again to me.
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 18:55 GMT
#787
On September 28 2013 03:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 03:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hai Rayn.
Why didn't you tear up my post?

Because i don't have to. It's just wrong.

What do you think of what i just said about FT?

Starting a read of his filter atm.
Why is it wrong, Rayn? I have my own reasons but I want to hear yours.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 18:57 GMT
#788
Yup, Rayn town. Damn was I wrong.
Still wouldn't mind an explanation regarding my post though because I'm fairly certain our reasons are different.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 18:58 GMT
#789
On September 28 2013 03:57 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yup, Rayn town. Damn was I wrong.
Still wouldn't mind an explanation regarding my post though because I'm fairly certain our reasons are different.

Oh but fuck multi-scumteam game....
FUCk I gotta keep my thoughts straight.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 27 2013 18:59 GMT
#790
On September 28 2013 02:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
Epiphany: Rayn is scum.

He is pushing me really strongly off the bat and entering his shit-rayn tunnel-mode. He is capable of this as both town and scum. Why does this make him scum? He knows he can get me lynched.

When we were both town in Persona he pushed me relentlessly and got me lynched D1 (I played a shit game and probs deserved it but whatever). I didn't go down without a fight and much of that first day was us calling each other scum---and yet he won in the end with spam and yelling and whatnot as Rayn is wont to do. Rayn's original reasoning outside of this case on me that game is because I was being belligerent and refusing to address him, 'even though he gave me chances.' He gave me a few opportunities to deal with him but I didn't want to bother, so he got me lynched. He learned his lesson about this supposedly after the game and so I believe as town he wouldn't attempt this sort of a push again because of how detrimental it would be to the atmosphere and to the town in general.

In this game yes I am being belligerent once again but I am also being transparent and actively engaging everyone. Scum Rayn has picked out that he can try and get me lynched based on the belligerence and perceived 'emo-ness' of my posting thus far despite the fact that I am playing fundamentally differently to Persona, and ultimately way more towny. Given the chance, he may very well succeed as overall Rayn is pretty damn good at pushing lynches. He is taking the 'safe' route here---something he knows he can get done and he won't look overly bad when I do flip town because not only do some other people suspect me atm, but it is something a town Rayn 'would' do.

Rayn and Vayne, the rhyming scum.
(Not necessarily on same team though )

In short.
The 4 Persona game has nothing to do with this game.
I am not tunneling you. I am not shutting everyone down and yelling everyone to vote for you.
That's basically it.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 27 2013 19:02 GMT
#791
Also you are not even defending yourself WoS. Your post has nothing to do with defending yourself. You did something that's really unlike tocome from town!WoS because as town you are really good player. As scum you are too, but what you did really is scummy and inexusable if you are town.
table for two on a tv tray
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 27 2013 19:03 GMT
#792
okay whats going on

i read some pages

looks like bh rng'd koshi?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 27 2013 19:06 GMT
#793
On September 28 2013 03:18 Blazinghand wrote:
And if you think I'm trying to push an RNG lynch you really don't understand what I've been saying about it these past pages at all. The point is, people who like an RNG lynch might just be trying not to contribute or whatever. So we ACTUALLY RNG a person, and now it's not "RNG lynch", it's "RNG Koshi lynch" and people have to actually take stances.

okay so

i think that this is sort of true, but (one) point of random lynch is that random lynch does a better job of finding scum than the collective analysis of the town looking at day 1 filters. if that's what you're getting at then everyone should just vote koshi completely regardless of the value of his filter. however, if you're getting at the "scum don't like random lynch because they are afraid it will decrease their ability to control the lynch and keep it from landing on them" then you can only get the effects of that from proposing a random lynch without specifying a target and getting people to agree before they know what the target is.

so what you're doing here is neither of those?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 27 2013 19:08 GMT
#794
On September 27 2013 07:27 Blazinghand wrote:
I see the argument for a random lynch. Not all scum will argue against it if it happens to land on scum, since they won't know it's on scum (half of them). Also, given the skewed town/scum ratio this game (6 scum in a game of 19 players) we're more likely than normal to hit scum. I'd be in favor of this. How should we implement it?

BH lied - he's always been in favor of a Koshi lynch and now that he himself has implemented it (fairly, as he's attested) he's backing off of it.

##Unvote
##Vote: Koshi


I can't wait to see some actual content from the guy - it will be interesting to see how his lies intertwine.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 27 2013 19:08 GMT
#795
This whole randomlynch thing is and has been stupid throughout the game. Stop it, we are not random lynching.
table for two on a tv tray
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 27 2013 19:09 GMT
#796
In favor of an RNG lynch - my bad, that should read "BH has always been in favor of an RNG lynch"
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 27 2013 19:10 GMT
#797
On September 28 2013 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
This whole randomlynch thing is and has been stupid throughout the game. Stop it, we are not random lynching.

koshi still scum though
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 27 2013 19:10 GMT
#798
You didn't shut everyone down in that game either. You yelled at people to vote for me but you did allow the conversation to go to other places at times.

I dunno I'm kinda disappointed I was expecting more.
Anyway FT read:

His entire 1-page filter reads like a scum manual.
On September 27 2013 15:18 FirmTofu wrote:
Ok, my first impressions are that Yamato, WoS, and VE look super town. Grack is probably scum. His posting is terrible.

I've never played a legit game with BH or Palmar, so I can't read them yet.

1) Give strong players townreads, throw out a couple others just to keep people honest, and be honest regarding unknowns, you don't want anyone on your ass you can't handle.

On September 27 2013 15:35 FirmTofu wrote:
Okay, so my best scum read right now is ShiaoPi. He's been around, but hasn't contributed. His filter is all one liners with basically no substance. Now, I know ShiaoPi is a lot better than how he's playing right now. I want to know why he is playing below is full potential.
Filter: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=429897&user=ShiaoPi


RNG debate.

Statistically, it is a great idea to randomly choose a day one lynch. There are 6 scum between us. 6/20= .3
I don't think the best scumhunters among us can lynch with greater accuracy on Day 1 than 30%. However, I also don't think there is any method by which we can decide a fair way to choose a random kill. We would need an unbiased party to use random.org or something. We don't have any confirmed town, so discussing this topic is pointless.

Lynching randomly is impractical and unfeasible. Stop wasting time discussing this pointless topic.

2) RNG is BAD. No town will ever go for this so make sure to shut it down to look as towny as possible. Just in case this game actually is different though (considering the statistics) make it look like you'll consider it to appease people.

On September 27 2013 15:38 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 15:36 Grackaroni wrote:
On September 27 2013 15:18 FirmTofu wrote:
Ok, my first impressions are that Yamato, WoS, and VE look super town. Grack is probably scum. His posting is terrible.

I've never played a legit game with BH or Palmar, so I can't read them yet.

Thanks for the detailed explanations. Care to explain?

We've already discussed you quite enough. There are at least 5 other scummers out there. I'm interested in discussing as many people as possible. I'll discuss you if you end up being the #1 or #2 candidate later in the day.

3) Oh yeah, I gave this guy a scumread based on nothing huh? I'll delay this as long as I can and maybe people will forget.

On September 28 2013 03:30 FirmTofu wrote:
##vote: Koshi
I'm keeping my word here. BH's solution to the RNG problem is quite inventive. I will double check if it was truly random, but if it was I'm sticking with Koshi.

30% are pretty good odds.

BH, why aren't you voting Koshi?

On September 28 2013 03:38 FirmTofu wrote:
Anyone who supports RNG, myself included, should still scumhunt and make full use of the day. There is still much to say and much to find. Anyone who stops scumhunting should be subject to lynch as well.

On September 28 2013 03:43 FirmTofu wrote:
Blazinghand is town. He's actively pushing the thread forward and his read on on me seems genuine. Forcing people to take sides on the RNG debate was a brilliant idea. Helps us out a great deal by holding people accountable for their empty stances. He's completely wrong about me, but his sincerity is clearly apparent.

4) Shit, strong town player is on to me! Better appease him too and I have to stick with my RNG stance now that the bluff has been called!


The only issue I have with this narrative is it almost seems...too obvious? Also regarding what I said about BH's progression of the RNG discussion by actually RNGing someone----would scum really get caught by that? I'm not going to use 'too scummy to be scum' here because I hate that heuristic, but this would be a very good place for it. Overall i'd have to lean scum simply based on the narrative but also based on what I know about my thoughts towards RNG and how I acted about it vs how FT did. If we're 'Keeping it Simple, Stupid,' FT must be scum.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 27 2013 19:11 GMT
#799
On September 28 2013 04:10 ShiaoPi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2013 04:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
This whole randomlynch thing is and has been stupid throughout the game. Stop it, we are not random lynching.

koshi still scum though

That's another thing. I don't agree though.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 27 2013 19:11 GMT
#800
On September 28 2013 04:08 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 07:27 Blazinghand wrote:
I see the argument for a random lynch. Not all scum will argue against it if it happens to land on scum, since they won't know it's on scum (half of them). Also, given the skewed town/scum ratio this game (6 scum in a game of 19 players) we're more likely than normal to hit scum. I'd be in favor of this. How should we implement it?

BH lied - he's always been in favor of a Koshi lynch and now that he himself has implemented it (fairly, as he's attested) he's backing off of it.

##Unvote
##Vote: Koshi


I can't wait to see some actual content from the guy - it will be interesting to see how his lies intertwine.

Did you want to vote me or vote BH?
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 308 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 215
ProTech157
UpATreeSC 114
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3741
Bisu 1832
Soulkey 1171
EffOrt 732
Mini 541
Larva 342
Horang2 250
ZerO 241
actioN 166
ggaemo 159
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 138
hero 85
Mind 77
Sharp 76
Shinee 51
sorry 51
Snow 43
Hyun 41
Barracks 37
Bale 34
Trap 29
Terrorterran 21
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5817
Dendi1419
420jenkins397
XaKoH 352
League of Legends
Reynor73
Counter-Strike
fl0m3727
pashabiceps694
Fnx 655
edward28
x6flipin0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes406
Liquid`Hasu183
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1509
hiko807
FrodaN703
Grubby556
XBOCT251
Livibee186
TKL 123
QueenE96
C9.Mang073
Mew2King35
ZerO(Twitch)23
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV696
League of Legends
• Nemesis4041
• TFBlade899
Other Games
• Shiphtur514
• imaqtpie0
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 58m
Patches Events
22h 58m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.