• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8973 users

Surprisingly Normal Mini Mafia IX - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 30 Next All
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 02:50:36
March 22 2012 02:30 GMT
#61
Day 1

[image loading]

This was a nightmare. There was nothing else it could be. Or at least that's what GMarshal's panicked brain insisted on repeating. The day had started off normally enough, in the high security labs of ChronoCorp. The usual scramble to make sure forms were signed, more data gathered from the rift, and of course verifying that the time anchor was firmly attached. "And it was", GMarshal whispered to himself, "It really was". Then the usually tedium of running numbers, measuring every last bit of radiation coming from the anomaly. After all, it is, "was" GMarshal corrected himself, the only time rift known to man, if there was a key to looking into the past, it was in those tiny blips of data.

The first sign that something was wrong was a huge surge in the gamma reader. While the team scrambled to fix that, the anchor, the time anchor, an artifact older than time itself, the thing that kept the lab safe where it was, snapped, audibly. Then things went to hell. The sensors exploded with data, the watches went haywire, the team panicked and sprung into frenezied, if useless efforts to ascertain what was happening. It was a junior scientist, a certain prlplhz, who first caught on. "The window, he yelled, THE WINDOW", and so the scientists found themselves staring out the window, at an impossible sight, they saw a string of scientists walking backwards out of the lab, construction crews disassembling buildings at impossible speeds, then backing off into their ships and taking off.

"Mother of God..." someone muttered, breaking the shocked silence. "We are falling through time...", This realization was accompanied by varied looks of bewilderment, but before anyone else could speak, they were interrupted by a maniacal laugh. "Indeed! We will travel to the beginning of time and become GODS!" DoYouHas paused, looked pensive, and then said "well, you won't." then paused again "but my comrades will!" he added consolingly, before moving towards the gathered scientists with a look of determination and pity, as he pulled what was very obviously a detonator from his pocket.

The crowd seemed to freeze in terror and bewilderment, except for one man, impetus and foolishness possessing him GMarshal charged towards DoYouHas, his face a mask of certainty and rage. The explosion shook the very foundations of the building. The only other casualty was prlplhz who caught an unfortunate piece of shrapnel through the head.

The scientists look at each other. If they are to have any chance at fixing this mess they need to find the saboteurs responsible for this crisis and make sure they could sabotage no more, then fix the anchor before the lab slams into the beginning of time and destroys existence itself. With out any more dillydallying they set to their tasks. The fate of everything is on their shoulders.

GMarshal the Director of Special Projects has been blown to bits
prlplhz the junior scientist has died to sharp metal bits.
DoYouHas the Anarchist Bomber has spread himself too thin (over the walls)




If you didn't get a role PM its because it fell through time, PM me to fix the mistake

it is now day 1. You have roughly 48 hours to find someone to lynch. Remember, format votes correctly, don't edit, behave as gentlemen (or ladies) and most importantly, have fun.

The deadline is 03:00 GMT (+00:00), that means that votes at 11:59:59 will be counted, but votes at and after 12:00:00 will not.
Moderator
BlueyD
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada437 Posts
March 22 2012 04:43 GMT
#62
Hey, I'm BlueyD and this is my first game of Mafia ever, but I've read a few here on TL and I think I have a good feel for how this works.

This said, it's been 3 hours since we've gotten our roles, and no one has spoken yet. I'd like to see everyone at least post to confirm activity. Whoever doesn't start posting is already suspicious at worst, and useless at best. We don't want any mafia hiding among the lurkers. I'll personally support lynching an inactive unless something pretty big happens.

Good luck to all, and may the most able survive!
Zealot Chaaaaarge!
Rise Of Fenix
Profile Joined February 2012
Argentina19 Posts
March 22 2012 05:14 GMT
#63
well, you posting first probably eludes you being mafia and drawing unneeded attention to yourself. That is not to say that this could be a fake out, but I am inclined to believe you are town. Who else would like to speak up?
All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. -Martin Buber
Seviro
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada98 Posts
March 22 2012 05:55 GMT
#64
I just noticed it had started and now I'm going to bed so I can't speak much now. I'll come back tomorrow to participate more.

It's my second game myself (SNMMVIII, perfect win for mafia and I was among the last survivor, yay!)
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 05:58 GMT
#65
Hi everybody!
This is my second game of TL forum mafia.

I hope that there will be much more activity in this one compared to the last.
Post up everyone. we dont bite, much.
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 06:02 GMT
#66
I feel that we should lynch someone on day 1 for sure, either someone slightly suspicious or a lurker. I would prefer a lynch of someone slightly suspicious, (which may be a result of last game having so many town lurkers) but nevertheless we cannot let scum blend in, so a lurker vote is ok too.
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
Gossemerr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States195 Posts
March 22 2012 06:06 GMT
#67
On March 22 2012 13:43 BlueyD wrote:
Hey, I'm BlueyD and this is my first game of Mafia ever, but I've read a few here on TL and I think I have a good feel for how this works.

This said, it's been 3 hours since we've gotten our roles, and no one has spoken yet. I'd like to see everyone at least post to confirm activity. Whoever doesn't start posting is already suspicious at worst, and useless at best. We don't want any mafia hiding among the lurkers. I'll personally support lynching an inactive unless something pretty big happens.

Good luck to all, and may the most able survive!



Three hours is not cause for alarm at the start of the game ha.

Lets get this rolling.

##Vote: Mementoss

Only because you outplayed us so hard last game. Prove you are town this time!

<3
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 06:11 GMT
#68
Just from looking at the post above, this game is bound to be more exciting than the last.
Heh, and people had problems with my early FoS.
Cmon everybody. we cant have a game without the people
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
sc2system
Profile Joined February 2012
Bangladesh55 Posts
March 22 2012 09:41 GMT
#69
Sup guys,

My name is Filip in real life. I love playing games like this becuase I find it funny how you can counter every logic and you can confuse people. I play warewolf which is a card copy of mafia but I think that I will like this more becuase you can see exacly what who wrote.

Please dont accuse me becuase of my bad grammar or spelling because english is not my mother-tounge.

I might not be very acctive but I will resopond 2 times a day around luch time and in the evening (GTM time).

Good Luck Have Fun

virtu
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom147 Posts
March 22 2012 09:45 GMT
#70
Morning Europeans, Hi everyone else! Nice to see this started before MLG weekend, will be watching plenty of MLG so should have time to be active. First game here so I imagine it will be a huge learning curve, will give it my all though.

Pushing for a really active talkative discussion based town, get rid of the lurkers and people who aren't contributing to make it harder for mafia to hide and to force them into posting (and making mistakes).

Breaking the curse, go.
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 10:07 GMT
#71
Okay, so the people who havent posted yet are:

1.) Mementoss
3.) Artanis[Xp]
7.) michaelthe
10.) Ninja4ever.
12.) froggynoddy

If you are on this list, just post up and be talkative when you can. The worst thing we can have is an inactive town like last game. Without them posting, there cant be any way to find scum mistakes, so we should post as much as possible so they cant get away with lurking.
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 10:20 GMT
#72
Lol, did i read correctly that sc2system likes using WIFOM? I wouldnt recommend it myself
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
sc2system
Profile Joined February 2012
Bangladesh55 Posts
March 22 2012 10:23 GMT
#73
On March 22 2012 19:20 Nova_Terra wrote:
Lol, did i read correctly that sc2system likes using WIFOM? I wouldnt recommend it myself


What is WIFOM?
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 10:30 GMT
#74
WIFOM means Wine In Front Of Me, which pretty much means using logic where people kinda debate about the motives or reason something was done, which is bad because you cant really know either way. For instance, Mafia kills someone who was accusing one person. WIFOM would be saying, Oh this person is mafia because the person who accused him died. WIFOM is also the opposite, I am not mafia because the person who accused me died, and i am being framed. (based off of SNMMVIII)
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 10:30 GMT
#75
Somebody correct me if im wrong.
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
sc2system
Profile Joined February 2012
Bangladesh55 Posts
March 22 2012 10:37 GMT
#76
I only use it wehn someone uses a argument that is not legit. Then you just invert it to show how stupid it is.

I dont use it in other cases.
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 10:40 GMT
#77
fair enough
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
March 22 2012 10:44 GMT
#78
Hello,

Just woke up. As previously mentioned 2nd game.

@Sc2system: that is not a correct use of WIFOM, though tbf a lot of people use it that way it seems on TL. If something is not legit explain the logical fallacy or false premises, using the term WIFOM in such a general way makes the term, and your counter argument, useless.

The term comes from this:



And Nova_Terra is kind of right, it refers more particularly to the logical fallacy of infinite regress in the context of psychology (or motive as TN pointed out): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_regress

'better still, a satisfied man'
Nova_Terra
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland1190 Posts
March 22 2012 11:00 GMT
#79
Yes :D the Princess Bride!
Proud supporter of the Basking Rootwalla
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
March 22 2012 11:41 GMT
#80
On March 22 2012 15:06 Gossemerr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 13:43 BlueyD wrote:
Hey, I'm BlueyD and this is my first game of Mafia ever, but I've read a few here on TL and I think I have a good feel for how this works.

This said, it's been 3 hours since we've gotten our roles, and no one has spoken yet. I'd like to see everyone at least post to confirm activity. Whoever doesn't start posting is already suspicious at worst, and useless at best. We don't want any mafia hiding among the lurkers. I'll personally support lynching an inactive unless something pretty big happens.

Good luck to all, and may the most able survive!



Three hours is not cause for alarm at the start of the game ha.

Lets get this rolling.

##Vote: Mementoss

Only because you outplayed us so hard last game. Prove you are town this time!



Lol no posts and you scurrred already. I cannot prove that I am town as its like half a day into the game lol. Here is the best I can do I am TOWN. I will further prove that I am town when I push a scum lynch day 2. For now im going to talk about the lynch today, basically my thoughts are anything but no lynch.

This is my third game, and I have a new opinion about day 1 than before, check my meta if you would like. Im just letting you know so you don't say OMG he has different thoughts than before hes auto-mafia. I think its all fine and dandy to throw around accusations first day and put pressure on posters/lurkers, but at the end of day 1 its too hard to get a decent case off. (Eg, SNMMVIII - FirmTofu case based one 1 post)

Therefore, I say we lynch a lurker/useless poster day 1, unless we have a significant scum slip. Why is this beneifical to us the town, even though there is a good chance it will be a townie?
1) Helps narrow down the field for scum hunting later
2) Keeps the active ratio higher for discussion
3) Attempts to keep replacements out of the game, which are always difficult to read and deal with as one persons scum meta =/= the other persons.

That all being said, if this is your first game please make a good effort to read the thread, and not only respond to current situations/discussions. But come up with your own cases based on filter, and not gut feeling or OMGUS.

The main reason I won as mafia last game is because out mafia team contained a good 50% of the active discussion, and could sway the town opinion with well thought out cases about innocent people. Or other people would do it for us and we could just agree with it or post an alternative case so the focus was kept on those two. We as the town have the number advantage if we are all active, this is advantage useless otherwise.

This being said. No one is confirmed town until the flip green. Obviously if someone pushes a case for a scum lynch or two, they are most likely not bussing 2/3 of their team away. Since no one is confirmed town, pressure eventually needs to be applied to everyone at some point in the game. Last game as mafia I never had 1 case on me or 1 FoS or 1 Vote.

Lets make this the first SNMM town win since SNMM I!

GL HF ~ Let the scum hunting begin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 229
TKL 161
CranKy Ducklings56
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM990
IndyStarCraft 160
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 990
Lowko440
TKL 161
IndyStarCraft 160
Rex 82
MindelVK 15
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57496
Free 3253
Jaedong 1954
BeSt 657
Soulkey 409
Horang2 358
Soma 334
Hyun 212
Zeus 203
firebathero 169
[ Show more ]
sorry 151
Last 150
Mind 108
Pusan 84
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 21
Aegong 20
ToSsGirL 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6862
Dendi714
XaKoH 405
canceldota38
Other Games
gofns34489
singsing2203
B2W.Neo479
byalli402
Pyrionflax306
ToD189
DeMusliM40
QueenE38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1348
• WagamamaTV464
League of Legends
• Jankos3258
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 26m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.