• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:15
CEST 05:15
KST 12:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8994 users

FXO FIGHTING in GSTL - Page 39

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 45 Next All
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 01 2011 14:11 GMT
#761
On July 01 2011 20:20 tgun wrote:
I definately was nervous, but it wasn't the nerves that got me. I failed to make an overseer as my lair finished, and if I did, I'd be able to send it through to scout and see the 2port banshee. It's very painful to lose this way; I think he either saw replays of me play, or, knowing their team was far ahead, chose to do a risky build (and it paid off).

Either way, the posts in this thread are both uplifting and crushing at the same time; thank you everyone who is giving your support to us: it means a lot, at least, to me.


I wasnt really a fan of you before today - because I didnt follow you / your play.
But today it changed.
The important part was how you looked like after the defeat. MarineKing style - head on table (crying?).

Did I expect FXO to win the GSTL? No.
Did I expect FXO to fight for every win - even against the worst Korean teams? Yes.

Words before matches can be deceiving ("We expect to win 4-1" if someone says something different, even if he believes he will lose, he will become the laughing stock of the community).
But your reaction to the loss showed that you care (or you should get into acting asap! ).
You didnt seem to have the attitude "I'm a foreigner, I'm inferior, I'm going to lose anyway - who cares?".
Maybe it's just me - I'm a fan of MKP who also gets emotional. But because of that moment I hope you will succeed

To the people saying FXO should be ashamed:
I hate to bring this into the discussion, but Boxer is not the best SC2 player. But he is competing and is doing his best. And he cares.
Does anyone dare to say that Boxer should be ashamed / is an embaressment to the Korean community? (Apart from that one reporter *cough*)

FXO - even if you lose every game 0-4 (which you cannot do anymore^^) - you can gain many fans, if your attitude stays the same. Do your best and people will notice & respect that.
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
July 01 2011 14:14 GMT
#762
I think slog and tgun were unlucky in their games, both could have easily countered/avoided death but they unfortunately didn't make the right choices at the instant it really mattered. Moonan to be frank played poorly, I really hope he can be more comfortable with live play in the future. I didn't see Oz play as I went to eat so I can't comment on that game.


I feel that with a bit of luck it could have been a very different score tonight, slog and tgun didn't really seem like they were outclassed or anything.

Besides you're not the only team that got all killed tonight anyway, it happens to koreans too , and now that you have scored the absolute lowest possible maybe you will feel the pressure come off in the next few games. Good luck FXO I will still be supporting you in the future.
Duravi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1205 Posts
July 01 2011 14:23 GMT
#763
Hack is obviously a good player, too bad he made himself look like a dillweed at the end with the unprovoked taunting. I totally want to see a rematch and have tgun walk up to his booth after winning and make his koala give him a thumbs down.


It is team league. There is supposed to be BM and taunting. Just because it is someones first televised match doesn't mean they should get any sympathy or special treatment from the other team, in game or after.
Pabi
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany126 Posts
July 01 2011 14:26 GMT
#764
This is awesome!! =D
DjWheat is so great! FXO FIGHTING!
drag_
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England425 Posts
July 01 2011 14:27 GMT
#765
Just would like to say I have massive respect for FXO. It's not easy to drop everything to travel to a foreign country when there is all this pressure from people. The opportunity to improve is here and the passion and enthusiasm that the FXO players have seems to be genuine. Hope you guys don't take today's match too much to heart. FXO <3
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
July 01 2011 14:39 GMT
#766
On July 01 2011 22:41 FXOpen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 22:34 LeLfe wrote:
I asked in the LR but you could obviously not read everything:
do you guys have some kind of mental coach? because as much as skill,practice and experience are important, going in the booth with the good state of mind and tips not to shake could be a real plus!
I mean MoOnan is far better than what he showed today, and nobody can't blame him to shake a little from the pressure this must be!
Since FXO is giving so much to succeed (which explains all the enthusiasm around the team) a mental coach could be a good addition to your house on the day before team matches.
don't give up!!

FXO fighting!


We are trying to deal with the mental stuff together as a unit. Unfortunately, there isnt budget to add another member of staff to the trip. However, I personally wish I did have some sort of mental coach here. It is effecting players, which is why sheth will not be returning to code A next season. Things are more difficult then they seem. Its not because of Korea. Its just because things are not 'home'.

The unfortunate thing is people deal with mental stuff differently. I used to hate cameras, but now I am relatively comfortable with them. But I can see and know that it is very difficult to have a camera in their face.

There can also be some lifestyle issues that are part of the problem, but unfortunately things like that are almost impossible to fix from the otherside of the world . I think you will see a fresher brighter team against ns.hoseo.

Thanks for the question and support!



Always providing clear answers, thank you BoSs

I'd say it's a bit early for Sheth to say no to the next code A, seriously he beat San just after arriving, he got what it takes, puzzle is just a monster!

Anyway I guess that getting acculturated will also help players to feel better and havind Oz will also make it easier

best of luck to the FXO team
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Kingqway
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States155 Posts
July 01 2011 14:57 GMT
#767
GL FXO, I'm sure Korea will be a great chance for improvement and experience. Hang in there!
ddong
tgun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
434 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 15:13:01
July 01 2011 15:05 GMT
#768
On July 01 2011 23:11 Zocat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 20:20 tgun wrote:
I definately was nervous, but it wasn't the nerves that got me. I failed to make an overseer as my lair finished, and if I did, I'd be able to send it through to scout and see the 2port banshee. It's very painful to lose this way; I think he either saw replays of me play, or, knowing their team was far ahead, chose to do a risky build (and it paid off).

Either way, the posts in this thread are both uplifting and crushing at the same time; thank you everyone who is giving your support to us: it means a lot, at least, to me.


I wasnt really a fan of you before today - because I didnt follow you / your play.
But today it changed.
The important part was how you looked like after the defeat. MarineKing style - head on table (crying?).

Did I expect FXO to win the GSTL? No.
Did I expect FXO to fight for every win - even against the worst Korean teams? Yes.

Words before matches can be deceiving ("We expect to win 4-1" if someone says something different, even if he believes he will lose, he will become the laughing stock of the community).
But your reaction to the loss showed that you care (or you should get into acting asap! ).
You didnt seem to have the attitude "I'm a foreigner, I'm inferior, I'm going to lose anyway - who cares?".
Maybe it's just me - I'm a fan of MKP who also gets emotional. But because of that moment I hope you will succeed

To the people saying FXO should be ashamed:
I hate to bring this into the discussion, but Boxer is not the best SC2 player. But he is competing and is doing his best. And he cares.
Does anyone dare to say that Boxer should be ashamed / is an embaressment to the Korean community? (Apart from that one reporter *cough*)

FXO - even if you lose every game 0-4 (which you cannot do anymore^^) - you can gain many fans, if your attitude stays the same. Do your best and people will notice & respect that.


Thanks man, I was really dissapointed after I lost; especially since it was to something so small. I couldn't get a slow overlord in, but if I just made an overseer, it would've been different. Or if I opened with 4 queens + a spore at each base. Eugh.

Although, I can't say it wasn't a great experience: I learned a lot from the game, and from being in the booth. It's scary as hell.

EDIT::

On July 01 2011 22:34 LeLfe wrote:
Always providing clear answers, thank you BoSs

I'd say it's a bit early for Sheth to say no to the next code A, seriously he beat San just after arriving, he got what it takes, puzzle is just a monster!

Anyway I guess that getting acculturated will also help players to feel better and havind Oz will also make it easier

best of luck to the FXO team


It's less getting accultered and more such a change: I've had to leave my girlfriend behind in Australia while out here, as have others. It's extremely difficult; it's also the first time I've lived away from home. I am living with my team, who are extremely supportive, but it's still a giant change.
opm1s6
Profile Joined September 2010
United States42 Posts
July 01 2011 15:11 GMT
#769
On July 01 2011 21:34 Kipsate wrote:
You can't learn to win if you don't lose.


Well said

On July 01 2011 20:20 tgun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 19:45 davsp wrote:
Sheth and QXC not playing... Lol.

And that game from tgun was just sad, you could really sense he was nervous.

Oh well, keep trying guys.


I definately was nervous, but it wasn't the nerves that got me. I failed to make an overseer as my lair finished, and if I did, I'd be able to send it through to scout and see the 2port banshee. It's very painful to lose this way; I think he either saw replays of me play, or, knowing their team was far ahead, chose to do a risky build (and it paid off).

Either way, the posts in this thread are both uplifting and crushing at the same time; thank you everyone who is giving your support to us: it means a lot, at least, to me.


Don't let the vocal minority cause you to doubt yourself. You have thousands of fans backing you and hoping that you succeed, not because you're white or an FXO member, but because you're a symbol for a growing community that crosses physical boundaries. The community supports you and wishes you success.

FXO: As far the mental side, please be patient and understand that you're still adapting to a different environment and to being in one place together. Keep working and you'll adjust.
Casablancas
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark145 Posts
July 01 2011 15:19 GMT
#770
Maybe the FXO players aren't the best foreigners, but I reckon they (or at least some of them) might be that very soon. The training they get in Korea will improve them immensely, just look at HuK. Naniwa also travels to Korea with that mindset, improving comes first, results second.

As long as they put up a fight, work hard and show they care, the foreign community cant ask anymore of them.
Haplo
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany67 Posts
July 01 2011 15:19 GMT
#771
On July 01 2011 20:20 tgun wrote:

Thanks man, I was really dissapointed after I lost; especially since it was to something so small. I couldn't get a slow overlord in, but if I just made an overseer, it would've been different. Or if I opened with 4 queens + a spore at each base. Eugh.

Although, I can't say it wasn't a great experience: I learned a lot from the game, and from being in the booth. It's scary as hell.



As painful as it might have been just keep on fighting! As difficult as it might be just forget about what you could have done different and prepare for your next match. The next time in the booth maybe its not as scary anymore. And you got fans behind you who support you!
So whatever the results were, we belive!


TI78
Profile Joined July 2011
2 Posts
July 01 2011 15:22 GMT
#772
All-Killed by some unknown code C kid. Nice.

User was banned for this post.
Casablancas
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark145 Posts
July 01 2011 15:24 GMT
#773
On July 02 2011 00:22 TI78 wrote:
All-Killed by some unknown code C kid. Nice.


First post by some unknown 11 years old kid. Nice.

And oh yeah, there are no good players who cant qualify for Code A.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 15:26:41
July 01 2011 15:24 GMT
#774
On July 02 2011 00:22 TI78 wrote:
All-Killed by some unknown code C kid. Nice.


Because you could obviously do a better job in the booth.

I couldn't care less FXO got all killed, they go there put the effort in and try to make a point, they go there to learn and have an experience and if we're to ever truly connect this Foreigner - Korean "gap" some people have to set the standard and FXO are doing that.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
RHMVNovus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States738 Posts
July 01 2011 15:27 GMT
#775
On July 02 2011 00:22 TI78 wrote:
All-Killed by some unknown code C kid. Nice.


I have an idea.

You know how the strategy forums have standards for strategies that are too theorycrafty, wherein the player gets to play Saracen in a Bo3, and if they can't beat him, they will be banned?

I'm thinking something similar should be adopted for this thread.
Droning his sorrows in massive amounts of macro
TI78
Profile Joined July 2011
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 15:34:00
July 01 2011 15:31 GMT
#776
On July 02 2011 00:24 Casablancas wrote:
First post by some unknown 11 years old kid. Nice.

I'm not 11.



Because you could obviously do a better job in the booth.




I have an idea.

You know how the strategy forums have standards for strategies that are too theorycrafty, wherein the player gets to play Saracen in a Bo3, and if they can't beat him, they will be banned?

I'm thinking something similar should be adopted for this thread.


I never said I could do better. Are you guys saying I can only point that someone is bad if I'm better than him ? Nice.
Moralez
Profile Joined May 2011
Portugal1857 Posts
July 01 2011 15:34 GMT
#777
On July 02 2011 00:24 Casablancas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 00:22 TI78 wrote:
All-Killed by some unknown code C kid. Nice.


First post by some unknown 11 years old kid. Nice.

And oh yeah, there are no good players who cant qualify for Code A.


Yep I agree players like DRG suck !

ohh wait :D.

Ah too bad for FXO :\ btw guys ive got a question, will FXO only be in korea for 1 month ?

Thanks in advance.
Master League Zerg - EGIdrA - IMNesTea - EGMachine - EGIncoNtrol - IMLosirA - Destiny - MVPDRG -
bHawk
Profile Joined April 2011
23 Posts
July 01 2011 15:46 GMT
#778
Hang in there FXO, what you guys are doing is great. I love you.
RHMVNovus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States738 Posts
July 01 2011 15:52 GMT
#779
On July 02 2011 00:31 TI78 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 00:24 Casablancas wrote:
First post by some unknown 11 years old kid. Nice.

I'm not 11.


Show nested quote +

Because you could obviously do a better job in the booth.



Show nested quote +

I have an idea.

You know how the strategy forums have standards for strategies that are too theorycrafty, wherein the player gets to play Saracen in a Bo3, and if they can't beat him, they will be banned?

I'm thinking something similar should be adopted for this thread.


I never said I could do better. Are you guys saying I can only point that someone is bad if I'm better than him ? Nice.


Well, no. That would be silly.

However, chances are, FXO is more familiar with the pro-scene than you are. So calling someone 'bad' with your limited information is rather unsubstantiated, in addition to the fact that there is certainly a minimum competence required to actually figure out why someone is good or bad short of 'welp they lost so they suck.'

It's not that you're insulting human beings who have made a concerted effort and sacrificed much to improve themselves. That you're incapable of empathizing with the humans behind the ID - no different from you, I, or anyone you've cared about - is irrelevant.

The point is that you're attempting to judge with as little information as it is likely you have, resulting in an understanding so simple it can be expressed an acrid one-liner. As the strategy forums justly have stringent standards, so should the understanding of the proscene.

:D
Droning his sorrows in massive amounts of macro
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
July 01 2011 15:54 GMT
#780
On July 02 2011 00:22 TI78 wrote:
All-Killed by some unknown code C kid. Nice.

How come almost every time I see someone with under 100 posts, they're posting shit like this? Did you sign up to TL just to troll FXO? Go fuck yourself.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
ProTech149
FoxeR 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2300
Shuttle 1324
Dewaltoss 79
NaDa 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 509
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Other Games
summit1g8016
WinterStarcraft417
C9.Mang0278
ViBE127
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo479
• Stunt173
Other Games
• Shiphtur355
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 45m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.