• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:33
CEST 15:33
KST 22:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9832 users

[G] Comprehensive SC2 League and Ladder Guide - Page 38

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 84 Next
SPQRGaius
Profile Joined August 2011
United States18 Posts
August 07 2011 21:22 GMT
#741
Is there anywhere you can actually see your MMR etc.?
Ego diligo nomen of veneratio , praeter ego vereor nex
Zergalicious
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States29 Posts
August 07 2011 22:34 GMT
#742
On August 08 2011 06:22 SPQRGaius wrote:
Is there anywhere you can actually see your MMR etc.?



As of this time, I don't believe so.

In WoW, you can view your own arena team MMR and exploiting is abound. D:
Find me in-game @ TheBlueBox.520!
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
August 08 2011 10:56 GMT
#743
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
August 08 2011 11:56 GMT
#744
On August 08 2011 19:56 shannn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.


Yeah, I think this also, especially after the server merge, there are more players with a high MMR filling the 2% reserved for active Masters, so even only by that the MMR-breakpoint to Masters should have risen. And the general level of skill has also risen in all leagues..
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
August 08 2011 14:57 GMT
#745
On August 08 2011 20:56 Cephiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 19:56 shannn wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.


Yeah, I think this also, especially after the server merge, there are more players with a high MMR filling the 2% reserved for active Masters, so even only by that the MMR-breakpoint to Masters should have risen. And the general level of skill has also risen in all leagues..

I doubt MMR would have risen. After all, it is a relative rather than an absolute value. Thus, for instance, a 1000 MMR in S1 would have a lower absolute skill than a 1000 MMR in S3.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
August 08 2011 15:47 GMT
#746
On August 08 2011 19:56 shannn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.


Yeah I'd like confirmation on this too. If it is true, then maybe that's why it makes sense that you can't view your Season 1 information (because only the previous season's information is kept). In every other situation MMR should just carry over from one season to the next, regardless of how many seasons occurred in between where you didn't play.
Moderator
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 18:37:55
August 08 2011 18:36 GMT
#747
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I can vouch for this reset.

I played a couple of games in S1 and didn't play S2- I had to play 5 matches to get placed in S3.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
August 08 2011 18:47 GMT
#748
On August 09 2011 00:47 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 19:56 shannn wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.


Yeah I'd like confirmation on this too. If it is true, then maybe that's why it makes sense that you can't view your Season 1 information (because only the previous season's information is kept). In every other situation MMR should just carry over from one season to the next, regardless of how many seasons occurred in between where you didn't play.


I think it makes perfect sense. A full season is a long time, and it gives Blizzard the perfect opportunity to make server space available. If they keep a full season's MMR progress stored (like I'm inclined to believe), then they copy the final value at the end of a season for everybody. If you don't play, they just dump it. Probably clears out a LOT of team MMRs more than anything.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
August 08 2011 19:42 GMT
#749
On August 09 2011 03:36 Rinrun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I can vouch for this reset.

I played a couple of games in S1 and didn't play S2- I had to play 5 matches to get placed in S3.


Oh wow, that's proof enough right there. You didn't come from the RU, LA, or TW servers either, right?
Moderator
SPQRGaius
Profile Joined August 2011
United States18 Posts
August 08 2011 20:35 GMT
#750
So if you are constantly playing in matches where they are favored does that mean your points are trying to catch up with your MMR? Or does it mean you are trying to push through the confidence bubble? Or am I completely wrong on both counts.
Ego diligo nomen of veneratio , praeter ego vereor nex
BuGGeaD
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada19 Posts
August 08 2011 20:44 GMT
#751
Wow Really nice job guys , thats helped me alot to understand now.
War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Kyamo
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada129 Posts
August 08 2011 20:47 GMT
#752
On August 09 2011 05:35 SPQRGaius wrote:
So if you are constantly playing in matches where they are favored does that mean your points are trying to catch up with your MMR?


Yes.
RudePlague
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Great Britain113 Posts
August 08 2011 21:16 GMT
#753
Something weird just happened, wondering if it's happened to others/if it's a bug or something.

After off-racing at the end of last season I dropped from platinum last season to silver this season. Two days ago I switched back to my main race and have gotten 2 promotions in 2 days, so am now platinum again. I've been playing a lot so have had 0 bonus pool (23 games today for example).

I just logged on after being offline for 2 hours and I now have a bonus pool of 69. Could it be that the ladder is trying to let me get some of the points back that I lost due to double promotions so fast?

Or have they changed back the different bonus pools between higher and lower leagues and this is the difference?
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 08 2011 21:32 GMT
#754
On August 09 2011 06:16 RudePlague wrote:
Something weird just happened, wondering if it's happened to others/if it's a bug or something.

After off-racing at the end of last season I dropped from platinum last season to silver this season. Two days ago I switched back to my main race and have gotten 2 promotions in 2 days, so am now platinum again. I've been playing a lot so have had 0 bonus pool (23 games today for example).

I just logged on after being offline for 2 hours and I now have a bonus pool of 69. Could it be that the ladder is trying to let me get some of the points back that I lost due to double promotions so fast?

Or have they changed back the different bonus pools between higher and lower leagues and this is the difference?


Is your PC clock alright?

Can you actually spend these extra points?

I just checked my ACC and I still have only 99 bonus points (should be 170+/- if I were master).
Doomblaze
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1292 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 21:53:52
August 08 2011 21:53 GMT
#755
On August 08 2011 20:56 Cephiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 19:56 shannn wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.


Yeah, I think this also, especially after the server merge, there are more players with a high MMR filling the 2% reserved for active Masters, so even only by that the MMR-breakpoint to Masters should have risen. And the general level of skill has also risen in all leagues..



I can confirm that it does. I got my friend account to platinum season 1, then he didnt play the whole last season. I decided to do some funday monday on his account, since im now in masters and i have enough trouble vs allins playing standard, and the people i was playing against were in bronze, I would do my standard front door poke to get my expo out safely and it would kill them.

I was wondering about it myself, thanks for explaining what it is
In Mushi we trust
tUUTZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 22:23:35
August 08 2011 22:23 GMT
#756
I don't get why I get less bonus pool because I am in diamond. Makes no sense to me. Imo bronzes and stuff should get more so they could feel better by having more points, meanwhile masters wouldnt get any so people with good W/L ratio would have more points.
RudePlague
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Great Britain113 Posts
August 08 2011 22:38 GMT
#757
On August 09 2011 06:32 SDream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 06:16 RudePlague wrote:
Something weird just happened, wondering if it's happened to others/if it's a bug or something.

After off-racing at the end of last season I dropped from platinum last season to silver this season. Two days ago I switched back to my main race and have gotten 2 promotions in 2 days, so am now platinum again. I've been playing a lot so have had 0 bonus pool (23 games today for example).

I just logged on after being offline for 2 hours and I now have a bonus pool of 69. Could it be that the ladder is trying to let me get some of the points back that I lost due to double promotions so fast?

Or have they changed back the different bonus pools between higher and lower leagues and this is the difference?


Is your PC clock alright?

Can you actually spend these extra points?

I just checked my ACC and I still have only 99 bonus points (should be 170+/- if I were master).


Clock is fine, turns out it's some weird visual bug, just won a game and only got +1 bonus pool for a +15 win, not using the rest of my 69 bonus pool that's appeared.

Sek-Kuar
Profile Joined November 2010
Czech Republic593 Posts
August 09 2011 13:11 GMT
#758
On August 08 2011 20:56 Cephiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 19:56 shannn wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I'd like anyone to confirm this.

Couldn't it be that his mmr might have been master level in season 1 but due to not playing any s2 ladder game that the mmr is just not within master league anymore in season 3?
Because I have a lot of doubt that MMR just disappears like that even if you were inactive for 1 season long.


Yeah, I think this also, especially after the server merge, there are more players with a high MMR filling the 2% reserved for active Masters, so even only by that the MMR-breakpoint to Masters should have risen. And the general level of skill has also risen in all leagues..


You are both from Eu and that wasnt really affected by merge at all. Top100 GM players in Ru are placed as medium diamond in Eu and top50 GM from Ru are high diamonds.

Its actually quite unfair cuz they now have same Feats of Strenght though its not really compareable... But since new FoS arent working properly anyway (people are getting FoS for ranks they didnt have) its perhaps not such a huge deal.
Scientists finally discovered what's wrong with the female brain: On the left side, there is nothing right, and on the right side, there's nothing left. [http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/213948/1/DJVibrejtr/]
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 13:24:45
August 09 2011 13:23 GMT
#759
On August 09 2011 04:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 03:36 Rinrun wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:45 ParasitJonte wrote:
Something to add.

When you don't play a season, your MMR disappears and you're forced to start over again... So even if you were master season 1, if you didn't play season 2 (which I didn't) and come back to season 3 and expect things to be the same; you're dead wrong!

WELCOME TO PLATINUM.

Blizzard REALLY wants to fuck with people who aren't active (bonus pool and now this).

I can vouch for this reset.

I played a couple of games in S1 and didn't play S2- I had to play 5 matches to get placed in S3.


Oh wow, that's proof enough right there. You didn't come from the RU, LA, or TW servers either, right?

I'm from the NA (now AM) server, so yes, I am from an absorbing server.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
August 09 2011 13:38 GMT
#760
Something I noticed last time, I played on SEA after a long time in s2, and even though I was placed into a league after the first match, the first 3 matches did not have any points next to them., and only from the 4th match did I start to get points again. So it seems like people who are inactive are put through an invisible placement match of sorts.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 1135
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
CosmosSc2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48209
Shuttle 7893
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 560
Horang2 498
BeSt 442
Pusan 331
EffOrt 211
Last 140
Mind 133
[ Show more ]
Soma 131
Zeus 104
ggaemo 84
Sexy 75
hero 70
Sea.KH 62
Aegong 61
Hyun 61
Killer 60
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 35
PianO 26
Bale 23
JYJ 22
NaDa 20
zelot 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Rock 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc2409
qojqva1852
Dendi1183
XcaliburYe305
420jenkins55
Counter-Strike
fl0m3132
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu604
Khaldor494
Other Games
gofns30332
B2W.Neo905
byalli462
Beastyqt443
Mlord300
Livibee202
Hui .166
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King66
QueenE13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick714
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3038
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 27m
Replay Cast
9h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.