• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:12
CEST 20:12
KST 03:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7904 users

"##" Mafia - Page 241

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 239 240 241 242 243 245 Next
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 09 2013 23:44 GMT
#4801
huh

imagine if that nuke on VA had been real

how baller would I have looked then
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 09 2013 23:47 GMT
#4802
rayn
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2013 23:48 GMT
#4803
On November 10 2013 08:44 strongandbig wrote:
huh

imagine if that nuke on VA had been real

how baller would I have looked then

THEBEST!
and you got nuked for it... thrice. lol.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 23:49:22
November 09 2013 23:48 GMT
#4804
On November 10 2013 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
rayn

<3

OKAY NOW FINALS! THEN TALK! ;D
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 09 2013 23:49 GMT
#4805
Yeah I apparently killed myself...suppose it turned out ok though.

Also yeah koshi I probably shouldn't say this cause I'm sure it'll backfire somehow somegame, but I've learned that you REALLY need to be dealt with as town by a scumteam.
GG.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
November 09 2013 23:52 GMT
#4806
On November 10 2013 08:32 syllogism wrote:
Too many powerful blues for such a small game, especially since the decent mafia powers relied on town cooperation. Mafia should have had a power that allows them to mess with the public ## mechanics. Also that ninja power probably should have been an unblockable shot.

Alternatively the mafia ## power ups should have been cumulative. That is to say, all the ##s their team received would have been added up and then they could purchase night actions based on the cumulative total.

Eh, maybe a little too strong. I felt that the blues were more balanced by the fact that they were outed immediately and could be roleblocked with 100% certainty, scum pretty much knew all their powers because I told them in Bieber's role pm, they also could screw it up with rayn's in thread actions like cloister or what not. Maybe I should have made rayn's abilities pm abilities, but I didn't just want to make scum have all secret actions because then it's kinda *obvious* who scum are. I also felt the blues were balanced by the fact that you couldn't use your abilities on whoever you wanted to, there were restrictions which scum didn't have.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 10 2013 00:15 GMT
#4807
btw this game ended after day 5, marv.

On November 06 2013 20:25 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2013 20:24 marvellosity wrote:
I bet you my TL signature that the setup isn't 9-4, I bet everything I know of mafia and the universe.

ALRIGHT. ALRIGHT. Noted down. In return I will give you town MVP if we finish before D5 ends.
I had a good night of sleep.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
November 10 2013 00:38 GMT
#4808
Did marv promise to eat a hat or something if Oats was town?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 10 2013 01:11 GMT
#4809
I think he only gave 100% marv guarantee
I had a good night of sleep.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
November 10 2013 01:20 GMT
#4810
You should only trust marv's reads and judgement on the number of pages his filter has.

So this game you'd trust him 57%.

I'm disappointed in you marv, I expected 97 pages of filter at the very least.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
November 10 2013 01:22 GMT
#4811
Is that the biggest filter ever? I can't think of any other game with a bigger filter.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 10 2013 01:29 GMT
#4812
tbf we didn't lynch oats even though i could have pushed it through ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 17:52:09
November 10 2013 02:30 GMT
#4813
On November 10 2013 08:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2013 08:32 syllogism wrote:
Too many powerful blues for such a small game, especially since the decent mafia powers relied on town cooperation. Mafia should have had a power that allows them to mess with the public ## mechanics. Also that ninja power probably should have been an unblockable shot.

It does not even matter if the blues are powerful or not.
As long as noone has a way to silently screw with the town nocando.
I assumed on N1 "if Koshi has doc from 4 updates this game is lost, so ##yolo hit marv, only chance"

I sorta understand where you are coming from, but like I said earlier I didn't want scum to only have out of thread powers and be able to game the setup so *obviously* like that. I figured that having a silent roleblocker, godfather, and vote modifier wasn't too shabby. Additionally, whatever VA decided to use if he got charged up was silent and no one knew what it was. The only truly non-silent ability was yours and I went back and forth on it. Originally it was silent, and Seuss/Onegu's was in thread (except for the rb), but I wasn't sure about that and switched it. I figured it would be easier for your ability to be used less *obviously* scummy than Seuss's. One of the things I intended for you to be able to do was to increase the vote power of Weiner and decrease the cost of Bieber's abilities. You could play this off many ways, plus no one knew what cloister did. I figured this was easier to do than the voting stuff.

Also night 1 you could have easily determined that Koshi had a jail. Seuss actually went through and tried to figure it out but missed jail costing 4. + Show Spoiler +
If we work under the assumption that Koshi, marv, and Prom are essentially identical to VA, the most any of them can do is track/ninja. Rayn's power increases marv's costs so he can't medic himself. Whatever Koshi was planning to do he's been put off it.

The concerning one here is actually Oats. He got 7 Refudiates. However, his power is apparently permanent, so it's reasonable to assume it's not like the others.
With that info, maybe you shoot someone else and the game is different? I don't know.

Thanks for your thoughts, though! Just a general question for you. Can scum ever have non-silent abilities to use? Or is the fact that they're scum mean that almost all of their abilities must be silent?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 10 2013 02:35 GMT
#4814
Yeah, it is kinda funny that VA had all our skills.

btw, the Endgame post is a bit fucked up with VA being in the spoilers and stuff.
I had a good night of sleep.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 02:47:45
November 10 2013 02:38 GMT
#4815
On November 10 2013 11:35 Koshi wrote:
Yeah, it is kinda funny that VA had all our skills.

btw, the Endgame post is a bit fucked up with VA being in the spoilers and stuff.

Yeah, I guess I'll fix that. I intended to do that because I was writing the post to trick people into thinking that s&b was the last scum because they saw that it was an endgame post, but VA had go and concede nicely in thread and ruin my surprise
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
November 10 2013 03:05 GMT
#4816
Wait, VA couldn't concede BEFORE S&B got lynched?
lol what a dick
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 03:17:25
November 10 2013 03:14 GMT
#4817
He did, but I only confirmed it from him like a few minutes before the deadline and I was kinda already writing the lynch post and wanted to trick people into thinking s&b was the last scum for suspense and whatnot, so that's why I did that. If s&b wants me to, I can undo that and make it so that VA concedes before the lynch.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 10 2013 03:29 GMT
#4818
Nah S&B should just be happy he won a game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
November 10 2013 03:52 GMT
#4819
i was so right about hotcottoncandy btw.
proest fucking reads this game (except for marv)

And my flavor theory about oats was so right.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 10 2013 05:26 GMT
#4820
WP I really should have finished the case on koshi before posting and I think I get another day to live.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Prev 1 239 240 241 242 243 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM806
TKL 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 806
ByuN 372
TKL 285
mouzHeroMarine 275
UpATreeSC 63
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17284
Calm 2726
Shuttle 926
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 155
Rush 97
Zeus 54
Mini 51
Free 35
Trap 26
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 21
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 18
Noble 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Dendi1407
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe49
Counter-Strike
fl0m4378
pashabiceps1223
Fnx 608
x6flipin191
edward24
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King81
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu232
Other Games
Grubby1993
singsing1841
Liquid`RaSZi1566
Beastyqt733
C9.Mang0346
B2W.Neo313
crisheroes221
420jenkins173
IndyStarCraft 170
dupreeh161
QueenE106
Trikslyr94
JuggernautJason21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH285
• EnkiAlexander 34
• Hinosc 13
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• 80smullet 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3321
• TFBlade746
Other Games
• Shiphtur814
• imaqtpie711
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 48m
INu's Battles
16h 48m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 48m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.