• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:27
CEST 19:27
KST 02:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7965 users

"##" Mafia - Page 242

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 245 Next
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
November 10 2013 07:52 GMT
#4821
Oh and I actually had a nuke, I just didnt realize it had to be fired 12 hours before deadline.
Try TL Mafia!!!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 10 2013 12:16 GMT
#4822
btw, was really surprised to see mafia didn't figure out koshi and I + cobratank

I thought it was one of the worst kept secrets imaginable, but apparently it did the trick
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 10 2013 17:16 GMT
#4823
On November 10 2013 12:14 Crossfire99 wrote:
He did, but I only confirmed it from him like a few minutes before the deadline and I was kinda already writing the lynch post and wanted to trick people into thinking s&b was the last scum for suspense and whatnot, so that's why I did that. If s&b wants me to, I can undo that and make it so that VA concedes before the lynch.


Eh, if I ever decide to care about my getting-lynched stats I'll just change it in the db. I think I've gotten mislynched twice already in the last three years, once over claims and once for not giving a shit. So do w/e
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 10 2013 17:17 GMT
#4824
What was cobra tank a reference to? I assume it means one of you is gonna jail the other but why cobratank?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 17:27:19
November 10 2013 17:23 GMT
#4825
Of course we figued it out marv.
I refused to believe that someone could get a protection for 4 updates because that's ridiculously low.
Also how the roleblocks were resolved was prettyy lol. We were originally roleblocking Koshi which would have been better but i didn't think the setup would be so stacked against us.. :/

I even said it in scumchat: " i actually think we should rb prome. there is no way Koshi got doc from 4 updates. That's seriously OP if that's true. "
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 10 2013 17:40 GMT
#4826
What a dumb argument rayn, docs in other games are hiding and don't need any upgrades...
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 18:19:37
November 10 2013 18:18 GMT
#4827
Yeah well normal games usually do not have 4 town JOAT's who can't basically be stopped by scum in any way and who will always get the needed updates (it's seriously dumb to NOT update everyone to the fullest evey day whatever alignment they are).
table for two on a tv tray
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 19:42:24
November 10 2013 19:02 GMT
#4828
rayn, did you miss this post?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=432504&currentpage=241#4813

I want to hear your opinion. If you don't give me constructive criticism, I don't know how to improve my setups.

P.S. It IS dumb to update anyone who asks. Ask s&b about WLIIA mafia. I basically gave him all my points just because he asked, allowing him to do a bunch of stuff when he was mafia.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 19:25:58
November 10 2013 19:23 GMT
#4829
I'd like to thank the hosts for a cleanly run game and little/no drama from the players, rare these days.

didn't really have any issues with the setup, but it seems it was assumed that we would know that there would be so many town roles when I had no idea. When I read my role it seemed impossible to use and then as the game developed I realized that half the game had these roles and I would blend right in. That was definitely not clear imo.

So I guess my only constructive criticism would be just because you are the host and know everything don't assume that the players will too, because we don't have all the info =)

also a minor point would be that I would game the setup as town as well, and it was far too easy to realize once the roles were out that 1 mafia was in each group of "powers"

my saving grace there was that I did not claim
I come in for the scraps
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 10 2013 19:50 GMT
#4830
On November 10 2013 11:30 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2013 08:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 10 2013 08:32 syllogism wrote:
Too many powerful blues for such a small game, especially since the decent mafia powers relied on town cooperation. Mafia should have had a power that allows them to mess with the public ## mechanics. Also that ninja power probably should have been an unblockable shot.

It does not even matter if the blues are powerful or not.
As long as noone has a way to silently screw with the town nocando.
I assumed on N1 "if Koshi has doc from 4 updates this game is lost, so ##yolo hit marv, only chance"

I sorta understand where you are coming from, but like I said earlier I didn't want scum to only have out of thread powers and be able to game the setup so *obviously* like that. I figured that having a silent roleblocker, godfather, and vote modifier wasn't too shabby. Additionally, whatever VA decided to use if he got charged up was silent and no one knew what it was. The only truly non-silent ability was yours and I went back and forth on it. Originally it was silent, and Seuss/Onegu's was in thread (except for the rb), but I wasn't sure about that and switched it. I figured it would be easier for your ability to be used less *obviously* scummy than Seuss's. One of the things I intended for you to be able to do was to increase the vote power of Weiner and decrease the cost of Bieber's abilities. You could play this off many ways, plus no one knew what cloister did. I figured this was easier to do than the voting stuff.

Also night 1 you could have easily determined that Koshi had a jail. Seuss actually went through and tried to figure it out but missed jail costing 4. + Show Spoiler +
If we work under the assumption that Koshi, marv, and Prom are essentially identical to VA, the most any of them can do is track/ninja. Rayn's power increases marv's costs so he can't medic himself. Whatever Koshi was planning to do he's been put off it.

The concerning one here is actually Oats. He got 7 Refudiates. However, his power is apparently permanent, so it's reasonable to assume it's not like the others.
With that info, maybe you shoot someone else and the game is different? I don't know.

Thanks for your thoughts, though! Just a general question for you. Can scum ever have non-silent abilities to use? Or is the fact that they're scum mean that almost all of their abilities must be silent?

Basically the problem was this:

- Town massclaims at the start of the game (just because the update powers must claim either way).
- Everyone who is town and has an update power obviously claim that instantly and also claims how the power works (but not what the abilities are - and never claims who they are going to use the powers on before resolution period - but like marv did; "don't twerk me yet, people who i want to twerk me do that at the time i tell you to"). There is no reason to not update all those guys and everyone should do what is asked (it does not matter if the people with the powers are scum or town, i'll come to that later).
- Everyone who is town and has an in-thread ability claims (in this setup the roles were vote-altering powers) and they prove their powers (WoS +1's someone, Pandain -1's someone).
- kushmasta claims his power truthfully and promises never to use it.
- vanillas claim.

What does the scumteam do?
- Vayne did what he had to. If he had claimed an update power he must HELP the town, or risk getting outed if he tries to screw with the town during night (f.ex. track somone and claim a wrong visit = you are dead, claim you jailed someone and got jailed by yourself = dead, etc etc.) . The best plan for him is to not do aything with his power ever and be a godfather.
- I can't do anything with my powers before LYLO. I must help the town with the voting thing (buy town credit) or claim vanilla. I can't claim vanilla and risk a vig shot and/or a roleblock on me in the night before LYLO (when cloister is a good power - otherwise the power was pretty useless because it was in-thread, do something with it to screw with the town = get lynched pretty much, if not the following day, the day after that).
- Seuss/Onegu claims or doesn't claim. It doesn't really matter. All he is is a roleblocker basically.

So scum has basically a goon (before last night), a godfather, and a roleblocker vs 4 JOAT and useless powers + vanillas.

If we try to frame someone during the night = maybe we could get someone lynched, but it will pretty much always at best result in 1-1 trade, or even worse. We can't basically do anything but to roleblock and hope me/Seuss don't get copped.

When Sentinel gets outed (most likely to happen at some point) and claims like he did, town knows one of the vanillas is most likely lying. Then they can assume they are also a godfather.

Best plan probably is to no-lynch every day until some of the roles fucks up somehow. Oats & Prome cop into the pool of unconfirmeds (non-JOATs) marv watches/jails (JOATs), Koshi jails (JOATs)/tracks(did he have a track? non-JOATs). Basically the best thing to do is to use abilities that confirm something (jail/watch/track/cop/doc) or busdrive JOATs with unconfirmed lesser roles/vanillas.

Someone fucks up something or story doesn't fit = lynch
Someone lies about their power = lynch
Someone who is vanilla or kush does something = lynch
Sentinel's nukes = everyone nukes one of the vanillas/kush N1 -> all on same person.
Someone does something stupid outside what's supposed to be a good action = lynch
There is a contradiction (like Seuss trying to frame someone with his silent power) = lynch (worst case scenario for town = 1-1 trade)

If scum hit get's blocked there is gonna be confirmed people. Maybe someone is lying, maybe scum didn't hit anyone after all? Doesn't matter, laugh because you you got another night with more confirmed actions, no people dead. Analyze the situation (what could it mean) and no-lynch. If the same thing happens repeat. At some point you WILL find something because scum need to take risks to even kill people.

Trust me, i have played so many BYORs i know in thread actions like that + resolution period where it's safe to claim action + really weak scum roles (+in thread actions in them) makes it basically impossible for scum to win even if there was nothing but talk about actions and no behavior analysis at all. In BYOR's (heavily roled games) scum have roles like "you can request whatever power you want from the GM's during the day to get it for the next night by doing XYZ" and STILL it's REALLY hard for mafia to win with basic town:mafia ratio..
table for two on a tv tray
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 11 2013 01:06 GMT
#4831
WOW.. I did not follow this game, but after reading gonzaw comment about marv filter... OMG.. 58 pages . I assume prob 54 are in-game. That has to be a record.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 01:47:49
November 11 2013 01:41 GMT
#4832
I pmed kush asking if he was mafia and he said yes
T_T

Happy I made the right choice by the end to just follow Marv's reads, even though I had different opinions. Weird decision to make but by end I'll guess I'll be able to identify mafia better instead of identifying who I think is suspicious

Actually no if that's my resort then simply put I was completely wrong.
oh well will improve
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 02:21:31
November 11 2013 02:21 GMT
#4833
On November 11 2013 10:06 Mocsta wrote:
WOW.. I did not follow this game, but after reading gonzaw comment about marv filter... OMG.. 58 pages . I assume prob 54 are in-game. That has to be a record.

They're all one-liners too. I wonder if Marv ever learns...<3
BTW I take all credit for the D1 post.
Grubby's #1 Fan
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
November 11 2013 04:38 GMT
#4834
Yeah, you are no champ unless you have a >50 page filter but full of only walls of text.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 11 2013 05:42 GMT
#4835
On November 11 2013 13:38 gonzaw wrote:
Yeah, you are no champ unless you have a >50 page filter but full of only walls of text.

Well it would be nice to have a decent ratio of in-depth posts instead of being spammy.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 11 2013 08:22 GMT
#4836
On November 11 2013 14:42 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 13:38 gonzaw wrote:
Yeah, you are no champ unless you have a >50 page filter but full of only walls of text.

Well it would be nice to have a decent ratio of in-depth posts instead of being spammy.

... Is there something I should know, here??
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 11 2013 09:39 GMT
#4837
On November 11 2013 14:42 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2013 13:38 gonzaw wrote:
Yeah, you are no champ unless you have a >50 page filter but full of only walls of text.

Well it would be nice to have a decent ratio of in-depth posts instead of being spammy.

Apologies for being an instrumental part in town convincingly winning. I feel terrible.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 11 2013 09:53 GMT
#4838
I hope Vayne would have played until the end. I predicted marv to have 120 pages of filter at the end of the game. :p
marv next time my turn! make sure you write me a letter in scum QT <3
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 11 2013 10:20 GMT
#4839
I wasn't going to post much more, I'd done my mass posting for the game ;]

Only started thinking about the game at all when I started to think s&b would probably flip town after all, and that HCC was mafia after all (sparked by Koshi's "there has been no controversy around VA this game")

I did enjoy your letter. Actually my biggest mistake regarding you was trying to get Koshi's validation for my read too much, should have given pushing you on Day 2 a go :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 11 2013 10:31 GMT
#4840
God i hate the original reasoning you guys looked into me for. I don't lie about that kinda stuff and i just fucked up lol. There was no way for me to defend myself against it and i got mad lol.

I thought you thought i was scum later on because scumteam did not hit WoS and me calling you 3p was because of that (i thought you or Prome was SK). I thought you figured out i was scum for thinking you are 3p and i "know more than i should" and therefore you had to call me scum but not lynch me yet. ^^

We roleblocked Prome and he never brought that up (i don't know what messages parity cops get on N1 check). I thought he was hiding something when he also suddenly stopped posting.

I just YOLO'ed on D3, i was supposed to write a big WIFOM post just before the phase end to make one of you/Prome look terribad (3p) but i fell asleep lol.

Oh well, can't play perfectly all the time. :/
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM712
TKL 259
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 712
ByuN 316
TKL 259
mouzHeroMarine 151
UpATreeSC 72
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25310
Calm 3217
Shuttle 1169
Horang2 505
Soulkey 194
Dewaltoss 125
Rush 119
Zeus 63
Free 38
Hyun 33
[ Show more ]
sorry 28
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 21
Killer 20
Bale 18
PianO 18
Rock 16
Aegong 16
scan(afreeca) 15
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1219
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m4650
Fnx 616
pashabiceps614
x6flipin515
edward0
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
singsing1992
Liquid`RaSZi1457
Beastyqt662
ceh9465
Khaldor330
C9.Mang0316
crisheroes229
Grubby222
420jenkins191
dupreeh178
IndyStarCraft 151
QueenE95
Trikslyr85
JuggernautJason12
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH280
• Hinosc 12
• EnkiAlexander 8
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3224
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis2900
• TFBlade506
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie398
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 33m
INu's Battles
17h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 33m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.