• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:15
CEST 08:15
KST 15:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8655 users

Korean Drama Discussion - Page 20

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 188 Next
aloT
Profile Joined April 2010
England1042 Posts
February 06 2012 22:53 GMT
#381
I finished watching the whole of Dream High season 1 yesterday. I started watching it with reservations and for 55 of the first 60 minutes it felt justified. Bad acting, dumb plot and over the top ... and then for the next 15 hours I wondered how this gem of a show eluded me all this time, really, one of the most touching shows I've ever seen. Hollywood has for years taught me to distinguish very quickly that the acting in this show is bad, yet only this show made cheesey, sweet moments actually meaningful.

I especially loved the motorcycle helmet scenes T_T
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
February 06 2012 23:08 GMT
#382
My experience with K-Dramas in general is: even though I recognize the horrendous acting, the bad writing (there are exceptions) and the overall cheesyness and predictability of the stories I find myself addicted to those shows again and again.

They work because they a) are so different from what is stuffed down your throat by your weekly (national) TV programs or by hollywoodesque movies and b) because the actors/actresses are just so damn adorable that - whilst shaking your head - you can't prevent yourself from loving them in the end.

Gotta take them for what it is - it is no groundbreaking, well-thought out cinema making. But damn it's good stuff nonetheless.
Always smile~
rkshox
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan536 Posts
February 07 2012 06:41 GMT
#383
On February 07 2012 07:53 aloT wrote:
I finished watching the whole of Dream High season 1 yesterday. I started watching it with reservations and for 55 of the first 60 minutes it felt justified. Bad acting, dumb plot and over the top ... and then for the next 15 hours I wondered how this gem of a show eluded me all this time, really, one of the most touching shows I've ever seen. Hollywood has for years taught me to distinguish very quickly that the acting in this show is bad, yet only this show made cheesey, sweet moments actually meaningful.

I especially loved the motorcycle helmet scenes T_T


if you enjoyed dream high season 1..don't watch season 2. just finished the first episode and it doesn't compare
@ranleee /// "first we expand, then we defense it'
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
February 10 2012 11:23 GMT
#384

Let me just leave this here for those of you who have seen My Princess and follow kpop as well (or IU in particular).
En Taro Violet
Zorgon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States211 Posts
February 16 2012 04:42 GMT
#385
Just finished Iris.

+ Show Spoiler +
wtf that ending
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
February 16 2012 18:51 GMT
#386
Finished watching Killer Girl K yesterday and holy shit it was good. Or, at least the first episode, the other two weren't anything special. I kinda wish it would have ended after the first one or continued in the same style. As far as I know there aren't any other series really like it, which makes me sad. The more violent direction was a nice contrast to normal K-dramas like MGIAG and Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy. Been watching City Hunter because it's supposed to be an action series as well, but it's really not the same style, sadly.

I really really liked the style of the first episode though. The fight scenes were well above average imo. While they weren't realistic, they still weren't too over the top. Pretty much the perfect balance. Same goes for the amount of blood/gore. I also liked that it had extremely short character introductions and just jumped straight into the action. Although it doesn't work in every show, it really worked in this one. I would definitely have gotten bored if it would have had a long build up before shit went down because honestly the story wasn't good. At all. The soundtrack also worked really well with the scenes and Han Groo was great even though it was her first role (O.O).

It's nice that it had this kind of momentum while still squeezing in all the story that was needed and some humor as well.
[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
The ending of the first episode would have been so good if the show ended there imo
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
February 16 2012 18:58 GMT
#387
so far only city hunter was any good...
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
February 17 2012 16:13 GMT
#388
what do you gu ys think of historical dramas? so far i have watched 0 because well, historical drama. is it like really historical drama-ey or are the good ones interesting and refreshing breaks from your regular modern day drama storyline?
:)
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
February 17 2012 16:20 GMT
#389
The Moon that Embraces the sun I feel is a pretty good drama, its airing right now, its historical but has a tiny bit of supernatural in it which I sort of disliked, however I still feel like its nice.
WriterXiao8~~
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
February 17 2012 18:16 GMT
#390
I tried Sungkyunkwan Scandal because it has Park Min Young. But I couldn't stand the scenario, the old-fashionedness of everything. Koreans seem to have a loving relationship with their own country's past which I probably just can't identify with. Not even PMY could change that.
Always smile~
hai2u
Profile Joined September 2011
688 Posts
February 18 2012 00:04 GMT
#391
i watched my gf is a gumiho just for Hyomin. It was my first kdrama, felt kinda girly but whatever it was pretty good. Not gona watch anymore tho for fear of getting hooked just like i did with kpop keke.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 03:28:19
February 20 2012 03:19 GMT
#392
On February 18 2012 01:13 unichan wrote:
what do you gu ys think of historical dramas? so far i have watched 0 because well, historical drama. is it like really historical drama-ey or are the good ones interesting and refreshing breaks from your regular modern day drama storyline?


Chuno, slave hunters. #1 historical drama. This drama is amazing.
bLecK
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia625 Posts
February 20 2012 05:49 GMT
#393
On February 07 2012 15:41 rkshox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 07:53 aloT wrote:
I finished watching the whole of Dream High season 1 yesterday. I started watching it with reservations and for 55 of the first 60 minutes it felt justified. Bad acting, dumb plot and over the top ... and then for the next 15 hours I wondered how this gem of a show eluded me all this time, really, one of the most touching shows I've ever seen. Hollywood has for years taught me to distinguish very quickly that the acting in this show is bad, yet only this show made cheesey, sweet moments actually meaningful.

I especially loved the motorcycle helmet scenes T_T


if you enjoyed dream high season 1..don't watch season 2. just finished the first episode and it doesn't compare

Well to be honest I went into DH 2 with lower expectations (because quite frankly, Suzy wasn't in it...). After watching the first episode I was simply dumbfounded by how bad it was. I really found no characters to relate to, and the lead character (Sora) just shat me to tears. 6 episodes in I can say that there are some improvements in the plot, and i'm intrigued at where the story will go. It also helps that I don't despise the majority of the characters anymore.
Yoo Ara | Lee Min Jung /Suzy/Taeyeon/Eunji/ NaRae/ Alice
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
February 20 2012 06:07 GMT
#394
On February 20 2012 14:49 bLecK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 15:41 rkshox wrote:
On February 07 2012 07:53 aloT wrote:
I finished watching the whole of Dream High season 1 yesterday. I started watching it with reservations and for 55 of the first 60 minutes it felt justified. Bad acting, dumb plot and over the top ... and then for the next 15 hours I wondered how this gem of a show eluded me all this time, really, one of the most touching shows I've ever seen. Hollywood has for years taught me to distinguish very quickly that the acting in this show is bad, yet only this show made cheesey, sweet moments actually meaningful.

I especially loved the motorcycle helmet scenes T_T


if you enjoyed dream high season 1..don't watch season 2. just finished the first episode and it doesn't compare

Well to be honest I went into DH 2 with lower expectations (because quite frankly, Suzy wasn't in it...). After watching the first episode I was simply dumbfounded by how bad it was. I really found no characters to relate to, and the lead character (Sora) just shat me to tears. 6 episodes in I can say that there are some improvements in the plot, and i'm intrigued at where the story will go. It also helps that I don't despise the majority of the characters anymore.

Agreed. The first one or two episodes were garbage, but it has gotten a little better from there (but still dangerously close to garbage). Kang Sora's character annoys me to no end.
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
February 20 2012 13:34 GMT
#395
On February 18 2012 01:13 unichan wrote:
what do you gu ys think of historical dramas? so far i have watched 0 because well, historical drama. is it like really historical drama-ey or are the good ones interesting and refreshing breaks from your regular modern day drama storyline?


The Princess' Man and Tree With Deep Roots are really really good, TPM is more focused on the history/romance (and what a history it is) whereas TWDR is more of a mystery placed in a historical setting.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
February 20 2012 13:45 GMT
#396
On February 07 2012 08:08 Spekulatius wrote:
My experience with K-Dramas in general is: even though I recognize the horrendous acting, the bad writing (there are exceptions) and the overall cheesyness and predictability of the stories I find myself addicted to those shows again and again.

They work because they a) are so different from what is stuffed down your throat by your weekly (national) TV programs or by hollywoodesque movies and b) because the actors/actresses are just so damn adorable that - whilst shaking your head - you can't prevent yourself from loving them in the end.

Gotta take them for what it is - it is no groundbreaking, well-thought out cinema making. But damn it's good stuff nonetheless.


I agree although I think there are genuinely well written korean dramas. A few of my favorites are Bottom of the Ninth Inning with Two Outs, Ruler of Your Own World, Joseon X Files, Flowers for my Life, and Soulmate. These are ones off the top of my head with above average writing. Of course, there are many with average or poor writing that I still enjoy fully, and some of my favorites (I Am Sam, City Hunter, Bad Family) have mixed writing/acting elements, but they make it up with endearing characters and chemistry.

While on the topic of good writing/groundbreaking cinema, however, I really recommend watching korean movies. The difference is astounding (I watch a lot of both). Kim Ki Duk, Park Chan Wook, Bong Joon-Ho, Hur Jin-Ho, the list goes on and on. If anyone wants a list of films to watch that are both entertaining and give you film-snob credibility, let me know
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
February 20 2012 13:48 GMT
#397
(cross-posted from the korean music thread)

If anyone doesn't know her (you should be ashamed), I give you Park Min Young.
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 17:42:39
February 20 2012 17:39 GMT
#398
Every time someone asks what drama they should watch, one of the answers is always City Hunter. So I think PMY is pretty well-known here.
She's been to Rome recently on vacation and uploaded some pictures on her twitter (that's where your first pic is from btw). Gorgeous girl.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Eating ice cream like a boss while it's freezing outside.
[image loading]


[image loading]


And @zefreak: I've been enjoying Korean movies much more than dramas lately. The ones I watched are those (I'm 90% done) and I can recommend all so far. Dramas just take so much time and I'm the kinda guy who doesn't finish what he starts. So I force myself to sit through 20-40 hours of a drama, hoping it will get better. Can't do that anymore.

[image loading]
Always smile~
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 17:48:21
February 20 2012 17:46 GMT
#399
On February 16 2012 13:42 Zorgon wrote:
Just finished Iris.

+ Show Spoiler +
wtf that ending

fyi there's athena which is iris spinoff, so theres probs more idk never watched :D

I'm trying to watch Cinderella Man (for the sake of yoona) but I just can't get into it because it just seems like exactly the same thing as Shining Inheritance to me

Please tell me it gets better so I have a reason to keep going.
boomer hands
Zorgon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 19:34:44
February 20 2012 19:34 GMT
#400
On February 21 2012 02:46 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 13:42 Zorgon wrote:
Just finished Iris.

+ Show Spoiler +
wtf that ending

fyi there's athena which is iris spinoff, so theres probs more idk never watched :D


I tried watching a couple episodes but it doesn't feel quite the same. I'll probably end up finishing it eventually though.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 124
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3885
Sharp 380
Mong 72
sorry 33
Icarus 7
Noble 7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King143
Other Games
summit1g7957
WinterStarcraft595
C9.Mang0267
Sick175
ceh923
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• StrangeGG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Lourlo1000
• Stunt399
Other Games
• Shiphtur540
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 45m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.