• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:35
CEST 15:35
KST 22:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War85.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11253 users

Korean Drama Discussion

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-02 19:44:06
August 02 2011 19:40 GMT
#1
Well there's a thread about korean music and I thought what else do I like about korean culture is their dramas! Unlike regular shows that go on for like 8 seasons or something crazy, Korean dramas are like long movies. They have the full show already written and each episode makes sense and doesn't feel like a "filler". Usually 16-30 episodes for a regular drama. There's lots of sites where you can watch these dramas and they sub them for you. Here's my top 3 dramas I watched so far.

1. My girlfriend is a Gumiho.
-You'll laugh, cry, smile and just enjoy this drama haha. I want to die because the main girl is so adorable. Very good chemistry between the main characters.
[image loading]
2. Secret garden
- Just a fun drama with a twist haha.
[image loading]

3. Shining inheritance
- Good romance. han hyo joo is also very adorable.
[image loading]



Here's some I'm currently watching:
-Heartstrings
-Princess' man
-Myung Wol the Spy

They arent finish yet so it sucks waiting. but subbers are very fast when new episodes come out. I would just recommend googling it If you want to start watching.

Main sites I use to watch the dramas:
Dramacrazy
Viki

seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
August 02 2011 19:48 GMT
#2
I've watched:
Secret Garden - 7/10, the story was good until the supernatural bit, and the second half of the drama is 80% crying, but it was still enjoyable.
Dream High - 8/10, the music was good, and idols are nice, but the plot sometimes made me facepalm.
Pasta - 9/10, liked a lot.

My "to watch" list:
City Hunter (Hara!!!)
Iris
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Cinderella Man (just because of Yoona)
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
August 02 2011 19:50 GMT
#3
Good idea for a thread! Seems like you're a fan of drama's featuring Lee Seungi :D and your #1 is infact a really good one.
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
August 02 2011 19:52 GMT
#4
On August 03 2011 04:50 AsnSensation wrote:
Good idea for a thread! Seems like you're a fan of drama's featuring Lee Seungi :D and your #1 is infact a really good one.


yea hes in two that i really like for some reason haha.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
August 02 2011 19:54 GMT
#5
If you love romances, I definitely recommend looking into Coffee House, 49 Days, Playful Kiss, and 1% of Anything. Has anyone noticed that Korean romances are usually filled with love triangles / squares / etc?
Suffo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States936 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-02 19:55:56
August 02 2011 19:55 GMT
#6
I just finished city hunter, first k-drama i've watched, thought it was really good, had a good story and all but felt a little weaker in the end. <3 Park Min Young though.

Started to watch secret garden now, have yet to seen the weird parts, only on ep 4 lol, after that i plan to watch Midas, 49 Days.

Will eventually get to pasta, Iris, Athena after all of this >.<
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
August 02 2011 19:56 GMT
#7
On August 03 2011 04:55 Suffo wrote:
I just finished city hunter, first k-drama i've watched, thought it was really good, had a good story and all but felt a little weaker in the end. <3 Park Min Young though.

Started to watch secret garden now, have yet to seen the weird parts, only on ep 4 lol, after that i plan to watch Midas, 49 Days.

Will eventually get to pasta, Iris, Athena after all of this >.<


i hated that ending so much. too many unanswered questions.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
August 02 2011 20:00 GMT
#8
Iris is the drama where TOP played in right? Ok I think Im going to watch that one after secret garden :D
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-02 20:23:08
August 02 2011 20:04 GMT
#9
Athena
My Princess
IRIS
God of Study is decent, its a bit made for like 10-16 audiences but it has Jiyeon :>.
My girlfriend is a gumiho is oke, it has Shin Min ah with a lil Hyomin on the side.
Romance town oke-ish.
Coffee House
Secret Garden
Boys over Flowers
Greatest love was kind of cool, Cha Seung Won is a boss.

And City Hunter ofcourse which you atleast should watch based solely upon Park Min Young alone.

Currently Heartstrings, Warrior Baek Dong Soo, Spy Myungwol and My Princess are running which are all decent, (Park Shin Hye is qt).

if you can get your hands on subs somehow I heard All my Love is a pretty funny sitcom. I watched Midas, its hard to wrap your head around it but it had a remarkably good plot(albeit a little unrealistic in terms of investment and shit but still,plus Lee Min Jung is so pretteh).

And yes TOP played in IRIS, good thing he just shutups up and kills stuff because he can't act lol.

You can get subs at DSS aswell.
http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/forum/18-korean-drama/
http://withs2.com/

All you need is to make an account which is free and no spam and shizzle so its oke

They usually have their subs up in about a day for the most popular ones and 2-3 for the lesser ones(the ones currently airing that is).

Ow yeah, Love Story in harvard is also pretty good if you can look past the cringy english part.

<3 Kim Tae Hee.
WriterXiao8~~
bebe01
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)512 Posts
August 02 2011 20:05 GMT
#10
cmon u gotta watch the old school classic drama : all-in
Achromic
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
773 Posts
August 02 2011 20:10 GMT
#11
I think Jumong is one of my faves for K dramas.
Blah
UrASofty
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Canada772 Posts
August 02 2011 20:11 GMT
#12
go to dramabeans.com
click on drama ratings
look for high rated dramas
???
profit.

i be that pretty motherfucker
Moonwrath
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States9568 Posts
August 02 2011 20:13 GMT
#13
I just started Secret Garden a couple weeks ago. It started really slow and I was close to not watching it but then it surprised the hell out of me and I'm totally addicted. Can't wait to watch more dramas. I think either Iris or City Hunter will be next on my list.
화이탱!! @moonsoshi9
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
August 02 2011 20:19 GMT
#14
There was a 2 month period where I loved korean drama, but after the new wave of dramas, I got worked up for Lie To Me and it ended up being a huge disappointment, and I lost interest after that.

Unfortunately this period coincided with me choosing a foreign language to study, and I thought I'd love k dramas forever so I chose Korean over a more profitable Chinese, and now I'm stuck learning a language I probably won't get to enjoy (other than being able to understand Korean casts! LOL)

Anyways, Shining Inheritance is probably my favorite k drama, even though it's extremely extended. You're Beautiful is also pretty good, the storyline is about a girl dressing as a guy so it might be a turn-off, but (lol) she looks like a girl even as a guy, so it was fine for me.
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
August 02 2011 20:29 GMT
#15
On August 03 2011 05:19 StyLeD wrote:
There was a 2 month period where I loved korean drama, but after the new wave of dramas, I got worked up for Lie To Me and it ended up being a huge disappointment, and I lost interest after that.

Unfortunately this period coincided with me choosing a foreign language to study, and I thought I'd love k dramas forever so I chose Korean over a more profitable Chinese, and now I'm stuck learning a language I probably won't get to enjoy (other than being able to understand Korean casts! LOL)

Anyways, Shining Inheritance is probably my favorite k drama, even though it's extremely extended. You're Beautiful is also pretty good, the storyline is about a girl dressing as a guy so it might be a turn-off, but (lol) she looks like a girl even as a guy, so it was fine for me.


haha yea you're beautiful was good. I dont know how they mistake her for a guy lmao. The dance she and her manager did was hilarious. shes also in heartstrings, the one im currently watching. should check that drama out.
Sgany
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom790 Posts
August 02 2011 20:45 GMT
#16
I cried during the last few episodes of Secret Garden so sad

I am currently watching Lie to Me seems pretty good so far.

Have watched:
Secret Garden
Dream High
Personal Taste
Playful Kiss <3
Boys over Flowers
and now Lie to Me :D
NaDa <3, MMA <3, Bisu <3,
PharaohLarry
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada70 Posts
August 02 2011 20:54 GMT
#17
I love K-Drama's lol - It's all I watch now =D

My favorite so far has got to be Prosecutor Princess, such good chemistry between the actors, and the good guy actually gets the girl in the end! =D

I've been watching them for over 2 years now, and I've seen:
Secret Garden
Prosecutor Princess
Personal Taste
Fugitive Plan B
Lie to Me
Your Beautiful
Pasta
Baby Faced Beauty
God Of Study
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
High Kick Through the Roof
My Princess (didn't finish it though...)

And I'm currently watching City Hunter - I have like a man Crush on Lee Min Ho lol.
I'm learning Korean, and as I learn more I understand more of what they are saying in the shows, and hence I want to watch more. Its a vicious cycle 0_o

Mashes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-02 21:05:16
August 02 2011 21:03 GMT
#18
I just started watching dramas in the past few months as well, kind of my guilty pleasure. But I tend to like the cheesy rom-com type dramas.

So I've only watched like 10 or so of them, I'd probably rank them:
1. City Hunter
2. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
3. Secret Garden
4. You're Beautiful
5. Greatest Love
6. Dream High

I didn't really fall in love with Lie to Me, Coffee Prince, or Boys over Flowers and I really disliked Personal Taste.

I'm currently watching You've Fallen for Me and Myung Wol the Spy (both of which are pretty awesome so far). I'll probably start watching Scent of a Woman soon, heard good things about it.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
Miefer
Profile Joined March 2011
Taiwan229 Posts
August 02 2011 21:14 GMT
#19
Lie to me has a good start but since the writer change at around the tenth episode it becomes more boring. But i like Yoon Eun Hye. Coffee Prince was funny although there isnt really much drama. Oh my princess is good too.

other dramas I would recommend:
Dream High
Delightfull girl Choon Yang
Witch Yoo hee
City Hunter
My Girl
Romance Town
Full house
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
August 02 2011 21:27 GMT
#20
Currently i'm watching IRIS which I think is pretty cool to watch. I'm definitely going to watch City Hunter after (Hara is in there... no brainer, right?).

The only thing I dislike about watching K-drama compared to other series is that I hate the splitting up in parts and the broken videos. It's so annoying to find proper links
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 359
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35728
Calm 7660
Rain 1858
Bisu 1791
Jaedong 1179
Horang2 689
FanTaSy 685
BeSt 558
Larva 485
Soma 431
[ Show more ]
Light 363
Rush 301
Stork 269
ZerO 242
Snow 233
Zeus 162
Barracks 136
Free 124
Mind 99
910 98
Killer 68
Mong 63
Sea.KH 50
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 38
NaDa 34
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 21
Sexy 18
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Rock 10
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7303
XaKoH 312
Counter-Strike
fl0m3019
olofmeister862
Other Games
gofns32125
singsing2252
B2W.Neo813
Lowko359
hiko355
crisheroes300
Mlord215
Hui .136
Livibee105
RotterdaM99
djWHEAT85
Mew2King75
QueenE35
ZerO(Twitch)10
DeMusliM7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4057
• Jankos2555
• TFBlade691
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.