• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8170 users

Korean Drama Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
Jizzy
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom45 Posts
August 04 2011 13:07 GMT
#41
My girl
best korean drama
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
August 04 2011 13:34 GMT
#42
I guess I should post my list:
So I started watching kdramas to improve my Korean, and I googled, "good kdramas" or something. Suffice to say I ended up watching Stairway to Heaven (천 국의 계단)...all of it lol. It wasn't THAT bad, but some parts were so fricken frustrating that I almost wanted to punch a wall (e.g. super bitch mum or super bitch daughter doing ultra bitch things to mess up people's nice lives because they are so fucking selfish etc). Highlights of this was that there was a white dude who was fluent in Korean, who had a decent role. Also, 김태희 (super bitch daughter) was in there, and ever since then, I've had trouble removing her from my categorisation as 'person who deserves to die'.

aaandd then I think I watched, Let's go to School, Sang-Doo! (상두야, 학교가자!) (main character is Rain, but I didn't know he was that big of a deal until later on.

Then God of Study (공부의 신), which I liked because I was in Year 10 or 11 or something at high school then, so I empathised with going off to uni and friends etc (despite the fact that kdramas are way over dramatic with some stuff).

The timeline of the rest is a bit fuzzy, so I'll just post them in any order.

I downloaded 대장금, but got like 0.5 of an ep in and just gave up (tbh I'm usually one for giving shows a chance and watching further and stuff, but I guess that the historical stuff REALLY wasn't my thing).

I also got 'I'm sorry, I love you' (미안하다 사랑한다) because it seemed to be really good from people's reviews, but alas, it didn't really take my fancy, despite it being filmed in Australia for a lot and having Australians in it and stuff (which was really enjoyable).

Oh yeah, then IRIS (아이리스), which was pretty g.

Then I downloaded Prosecutor Princess for my friend (she) and I figured I may as well watch it since I downloaded it. It was alright, actually wait, scratch that, now that I think about it, it was pretty good.

Thennnn I think the English title is like 'Gae-In's personal preference'? (개인의 취향), which... I'm not sure why I watched it, I think I looked for popular ones at the time and that came up. Turned out alright.

Full House at some point in there, because it's Full House I guess haha.

And finally, Dream High, because I was being all super nostalgic about being about to finish high school at the time, so my emotions told me to watch it.

And there might be one or two that I watched on websites that I can't remember atm.
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
August 04 2011 14:12 GMT
#43
Some of my personal favorites are Tears of the Dragon(용의 눈물) (1996), Emperor Wang Guhn (태조 왕건)(2000), Rustic Age (야인시대)(2003), Age of Warriors (무인시대)(2003), and Yi Soon Shin (불멸의 이순신)(2004).
Those historical dramas man, pretty epic
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
August 04 2011 15:09 GMT
#44
Currently watching God of Study... pretty addictive
ilisan
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany78 Posts
August 04 2011 23:40 GMT
#45
Wow, didnt expect so many TLer watch kdrama =)

I just started resently but i have to say they have some good actors! the production quality is always really good and the short format without any filler makes me want to watch it in a day (which is a bad idea)^^

So, my favorites are all series with Yoon Eun Hye or/and Lee Min Ho but since City Hunter finished last week i dont know what to watch next =(

I think about Secret Garden or You're beautiful, but maybe someone can recommend a more action or comedy heavy series?

<3 MKP | MC | Puzzle --- 이민졍 --- SK | Prime | MBCGame | Mouz <3
Miefer
Profile Joined March 2011
Taiwan229 Posts
August 05 2011 03:24 GMT
#46
witch yoo hee is pretty funny, also delightful girl choon yang and my girl are good
Kvz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States463 Posts
August 05 2011 03:27 GMT
#47
My sassy girl

great korean drama
NrG.Kvz
ssi.bal-listic
Profile Joined October 2010
United States568 Posts
August 05 2011 03:39 GMT
#48
i've watched alot of dramas over few years, (well not a lot but quite a few)
Gumiho
Cinderella Man
Dream High
City hunter
highkick 1, 2
BOF
(forgot the rest... LOL)
+ Show Spoiler +

but i gotta say city hunter is one of the best dramas i've seen recently. I love the idea (and a lil bit of history behind it with north korea)
Great action scenes and alright romance. Lee min ho is awesome and park min young is just awesomer.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" "The strong one doesn't win, the one that wins is strong"
Sigh
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2433 Posts
August 05 2011 03:47 GMT
#49
I just watched Que Sera sera and damn it made me mad. The two "main" characters are SOOOOOOOOO annoying like you wanna punch them for being so stupid etc etc. but it was enjoyable lol. 7/10.
NaDa/Flash/Thorzain Fan
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
August 07 2011 09:44 GMT
#50
So I just finished City Hunter, thoughts:
-Very good, I can easily recommend this for anyone to watch.
-Park Min Young (Na na) >>> Hara (Da Hye) *hides*
-Not that much obnoxious crying (if you've seen Secret Garden, you'd know what I mean)
-The ending was extremely short, perhaps forced, not enough closure on how everyone ends up.

Yeah. Go watch it.
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
August 07 2011 09:59 GMT
#51
Holy shit man, IRIS is getting better and better per episode. For those that did not watch that, you must!

On August 07 2011 18:44 seiferoth10 wrote:
-Not that much obnoxious crying (if you've seen Secret Garden, you'd know what I mean)


This is actually one of those things that completely ruin series for me I just can not stand it, at all...
(Not referring to any particular drama)
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 10:57:01
August 07 2011 10:10 GMT
#52
On August 07 2011 18:44 seiferoth10 wrote:
So I just finished City Hunter, thoughts:
-Very good, I can easily recommend this for anyone to watch.
-Park Min Young (Na na) >>> Hara (Da Hye) *hides*
-Not that much obnoxious crying (if you've seen Secret Garden, you'd know what I mean)
-The ending was extremely short, perhaps forced, not enough closure on how everyone ends up.

Yeah. Go watch it.


Don't worry, its true.

On July 03 2011 19:33 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2011 12:50 Kurai wrote:
so does anyone have REALLY good pictures of park min young, the chick from city hunter.


[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


I watched Prosecutor princess, its pretty oke-ish, not amazing but its decent.

City hunter does get worse at the end, there is just not enough time to wrap things up and the end was not really satisfying

plus they cut PMY's Nu ABO dance(WTF WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?).
WriterXiao8~~
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 15:19:51
August 07 2011 15:18 GMT
#53
Just stumbled across Ohjakgyo Brothers (오작교 형제들) and I have no clue what it is... But it has Uee in it Could be fun ^^



+ Show Spoiler [Another teaser] +




Random angry bird stuff with the airing date... I don't get it at all xD
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
August 07 2011 15:41 GMT
#54
This thread should have been made a long time ago :3
I watched Dream High (that was my first one... yeah lol)
I watched City Hunter (<3 Hara)
I'm watching God of Study right now - it's from last year but it has jiyeon and stuff SOO
:)
Airship
Profile Joined August 2010
United States465 Posts
August 07 2011 15:53 GMT
#55
There are a lot of terrible k-dramas. A lot of TERRIBLE ones. The two best that I've seen would be Coffee Prince (by a mile) and then King of Baking Kim Tak Gu. I could name a couple more pretty good ones that will leave something of a lasting impression but I think the two I just listed are already massively overlooked.
Kaoriyu
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada276 Posts
August 07 2011 15:55 GMT
#56
OH MY GOD FINALLY A KOREAN DRAMA THREAD.

I love IRIS, IRIS: Athena Goddness Of War, Coffee Prince, Full House and My Girl.


I'm planning to watch City Hunter, how i sit?
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
August 07 2011 16:12 GMT
#57
On August 08 2011 00:55 Kaoriyu wrote:
OH MY GOD FINALLY A KOREAN DRAMA THREAD.

I love IRIS, IRIS: Athena Goddness Of War, Coffee Prince, Full House and My Girl.


I'm planning to watch City Hunter, how i sit?

It's really, really good, though there is a lot of stupid episodes somewhere in the middle, where is not much going on. And the very first episode is kinda boring at the beginning, I think. But overall I must say this is going to be the first kdrama I am gonna finish (watching the last episode right now).
McNulty
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway184 Posts
August 07 2011 16:16 GMT
#58
Hey guys, I just wanted to commend you for not being ashamed of your sexual orientation! Keep it up, don't let the haters get you down! =)

User was temp banned for this post.
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 16:34:42
August 07 2011 16:34 GMT
#59
On August 08 2011 01:16 McNulty wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to commend you for not being ashamed of your sexual orientation! Keep it up, don't let the haters get you down! =)

Hahaha...
But we have an excuse, you know. We are practicing our korean. Yeah, that is what we do. Totally.
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
August 07 2011 16:41 GMT
#60
On August 08 2011 01:34 Hemula wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 01:16 McNulty wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to commend you for not being ashamed of your sexual orientation! Keep it up, don't let the haters get you down! =)

Hahaha...
But we have an excuse, you know. We are practicing our korean. Yeah, that is what we do. Totally.


You have no idea of what you just did, right?
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 556
ProTech147
UpATreeSC 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18833
Calm 3596
Mini 441
Mind 79
910 65
soO 38
Trap 31
Aegong 24
Dota 2
Gorgc5831
canceldota54
Counter-Strike
fl0m6336
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3361
Other Games
FrodaN775
Beastyqt522
Liquid`Hasu290
Khaldor232
Livibee196
C9.Mang0156
IndyStarCraft 104
QueenE58
ZombieGrub34
BRAT_OK 19
MindelVK14
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2579
• WagamamaTV257
League of Legends
• Nemesis1818
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra286
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 51m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 51m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.