• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:30
CEST 04:30
KST 11:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9489 users

Korean Drama Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 186 187 188 Next
JiSu
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 16:52:00
August 07 2011 16:47 GMT
#61
If you talk about Korean dramas, you definitely have to watch IRIS. It's a must watch. Very good actors/actresses. High packed action every episode. Seriously, you can't just stop watching.

If you want to watch the dramas where you cry a lot, then go watch Stairway to Heaven. It's the like the saddest drama ever made. Good actors/actresses as well. Kim Tae Hee, Park Shin Hye ( in You're beautiful, You've fallen for me, etc.)

The newest one is definitely secret garden, city hunter, and You've fallen for me. So if you are new and want to be with the "trend", watch these 3s.

krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 08 2011 06:38 GMT
#62
--- Nuked ---
SpaceToaster
Profile Joined October 2010
United States289 Posts
August 08 2011 07:10 GMT
#63
An exgirlfriend was a huge Lee Min Ho fan, so I've seen pretty much all of his dramas. So sad City Hunter is over, cause it was really good, and I really enjoyed Boys Before Flowers. After I finish HyungJoon Becomes a Progamer I'm gonna find one of the other good kdrama's to watch. Gumiho and Secret Garden seem to be frequent recommendations.

On August 07 2011 18:44 seiferoth10 wrote:
So I just finished City Hunter, thoughts:
-Very good, I can easily recommend this for anyone to watch.
-Park Min Young (Na na) >>> Hara (Da Hye) *hides*
-Not that much obnoxious crying (if you've seen Secret Garden, you'd know what I mean)
-The ending was extremely short, perhaps forced, not enough closure on how everyone ends up.

Yeah. Go watch it.


I agree on all points. I liked that it never bogged down in melodrama, but you're right about the ending. It seemed one episode too short. All told, City Hunter isn't just a good kdrama, its a great TV show.
Xation
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada147 Posts
August 08 2011 07:13 GMT
#64
Has anyone watched DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo? If so, how was it? It would be my first Korean drama/movie, and I am a little hesitant to get into it.
Liquid HerO bonjwa. Stardust fighting! -Jester 1754
Hermasaurus
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
54 Posts
August 08 2011 08:39 GMT
#65
When you say drama for some reason I feel like they are more or less a Soap Opera.

I love Korean film, and I would be more than willing to start watching Korean TV. However, OP makes it out to be Really good show Hyun Kyo Soo is so cute. Well that is all fine and dandy, it leaves me with very little insight. If you could give me a better idea as to what the plot is that would be excellent.
And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion. We've talked to ourselves. We've communicated and said 'You know what, lion tastes good, let's go get some more lion'
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 09:21:08
August 08 2011 09:12 GMT
#66
[image loading]
[image loading]

Dong Yi.
just cos of han hyo joo. j/k the story was good....interesting to see how a lowly peasant climb her way up to become the mother of a king..:D

the guy playing king is pretty gud too.
overall decent drama, just abit draggy @ times since it IS a 60 ep one afterall....

김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
gokai
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States812 Posts
August 08 2011 11:36 GMT
#67
I used to love k dramas. What with everything looking nice and well lite and the actors are good looking too. But lately I can't seem to stand the storylines anymore.

Now a days I like mainland wuxia drama more. Always had a place in my heart for wuxia and now the production values for them are way better.

Best site for drama:
doramax264.com

Everything is encoded in x264 so files sizes are small. Around 200mb for an 1hr episodes. I skip around aot when I watch drama so it's perfect for me. Plus I don't mind if it's not 720p.

Second best place is:
myasiancinema.com

File sizes are bigger, but they have a better selection and alot of times better quality.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
August 08 2011 11:57 GMT
#68
Anyone watching the scent of a woman?

is it any good?
WriterXiao8~~
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
August 08 2011 12:01 GMT
#69
On August 08 2011 20:36 gokai wrote:
I used to love k dramas. What with everything looking nice and well lite and the actors are good looking too. But lately I can't seem to stand the storylines anymore.

Now a days I like mainland wuxia drama more. Always had a place in my heart for wuxia and now the production values for them are way better.

Best site for drama:
doramax264.com

Everything is encoded in x264 so files sizes are small. Around 200mb for an 1hr episodes. I skip around aot when I watch drama so it's perfect for me. Plus I don't mind if it's not 720p.

Second best place is:
myasiancinema.com

File sizes are bigger, but they have a better selection and alot of times better quality.

are there any non-korean dramas (chinese, japanese) going on right now that you could recommend? something very, very good. wuxia genre sounds ok, but I don't know a thing about it.
it is offtopic, but I highly doubt it'd be good to create another topic for such a small matter.

I see a lot of people are into Heartstrings right now... Is it really good?
hoop1
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain242 Posts
August 08 2011 12:08 GMT
#70
Im downloading East of Eden and Paradise Ranch

OP can you please make a pool or a ranking of the most voted kdramas? thx :D
defilerCHAN
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
August 08 2011 12:26 GMT
#71
For a toplist of the best Korean dramas I now refer to: http://myasiancinema.com/top-lists/top-dramas/top-korean-dramas/ sounds pretty accurate if i compare it to the recommendations in this thread... ^^
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
MaboTofu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States39 Posts
August 08 2011 12:29 GMT
#72
On August 08 2011 21:01 Hemula wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 20:36 gokai wrote:
I used to love k dramas. What with everything looking nice and well lite and the actors are good looking too. But lately I can't seem to stand the storylines anymore.

Now a days I like mainland wuxia drama more. Always had a place in my heart for wuxia and now the production values for them are way better.

Best site for drama:
doramax264.com

Everything is encoded in x264 so files sizes are small. Around 200mb for an 1hr episodes. I skip around aot when I watch drama so it's perfect for me. Plus I don't mind if it's not 720p.

Second best place is:
myasiancinema.com

File sizes are bigger, but they have a better selection and alot of times better quality.

are there any non-korean dramas (chinese, japanese) going on right now that you could recommend? something very, very good. wuxia genre sounds ok, but I don't know a thing about it.
it is offtopic, but I highly doubt it'd be good to create another topic for such a small matter.

I see a lot of people are into Heartstrings right now... Is it really good?



Heartstrings is SO GOOD...makes me so excited everytime a new episode comes out
anyone know where I can watch god of study? its not on dramafever
you can't live life without some levity
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
August 08 2011 12:34 GMT
#73
On August 08 2011 21:29 MaboTofu wrote:
anyone know where I can watch god of study? its not on dramafever


http://myasiancinema.com/k-drama-god-of-study-2010/ (You gotta download though )
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
Neddal
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands85 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 13:14:03
August 08 2011 13:13 GMT
#74
Just finished watching City Hunter and it was awesome..

Thinking about watching God of Study, is it any good?
Is there any other action drama that is a must see besides City Hunter, Iris, Athena and Chuno. I really liked those 4, too bad I was a bit disappointed about Athena but it was still a great watch.
MaboTofu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States39 Posts
August 08 2011 14:44 GMT
#75
On August 08 2011 21:34 Kaiwa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 21:29 MaboTofu wrote:
anyone know where I can watch god of study? its not on dramafever


http://myasiancinema.com/k-drama-god-of-study-2010/ (You gotta download though )


hrm I don't like downloading stuff but okayz I can't find the links on the page though...do I need to register and login before they show up? right now it just gives me the trailer + synopsis+comments
you can't live life without some levity
Kaiwa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2209 Posts
August 08 2011 14:53 GMT
#76
That's right ^^ it's very easy and no weird spam or anything. Quality from downloads is far far better, I prefer it
시크릿 / 씨스타 / 에이핑크 / 윤하 / 가비앤제이
pebblebeach
Profile Joined June 2011
35 Posts
August 08 2011 15:09 GMT
#77
I really liked chuno, it had a great plot about slave hunters in olden day korea and every episode was exciting.

iris was also an exciting one, i enjoyed that

I'm sorry I love you is another really good romance (and they reference starcraft)

secret garden was a funny romance but a bit lame at times

i just finished dong yi and it was good but they definitely could have cut out at least 10 episodes (especially towards the end). the girl who plays the queen is really pretty and so is han hyo joo.

i thought gumiho was not very good, but to each his own.
Kooun
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada260 Posts
August 08 2011 15:11 GMT
#78
I like watching action dramas such as City Hunter or Iris.
gokai
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 19:06:27
August 08 2011 18:57 GMT
#79
On August 08 2011 21:34 Kaiwa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 21:29 MaboTofu wrote:
anyone know where I can watch god of study? its not on dramafever


http://myasiancinema.com/k-drama-god-of-study-2010/ (You gotta download though )


Here's the smaller file version. Though each episode is split into two rar files. Kind of annoying to download two files and unrar them.
http://doramax264.com/comedy/god-of-study/?replytocom=1738

On August 08 2011 21:01 Hemula wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 20:36 gokai wrote:
I used to love k dramas. What with everything looking nice and well lite and the actors are good looking too. But lately I can't seem to stand the storylines anymore.

Now a days I like mainland wuxia drama more. Always had a place in my heart for wuxia and now the production values for them are way better.

Best site for drama:
doramax264.com

Everything is encoded in x264 so files sizes are small. Around 200mb for an 1hr episodes. I skip around aot when I watch drama so it's perfect for me. Plus I don't mind if it's not 720p.

Second best place is:
myasiancinema.com

File sizes are bigger, but they have a better selection and alot of times better quality.

are there any non-korean dramas (chinese, japanese) going on right now that you could recommend? something very, very good. wuxia genre sounds ok, but I don't know a thing about it.
it is offtopic, but I highly doubt it'd be good to create another topic for such a small matter.

I see a lot of people are into Heartstrings right now... Is it really good?


Well, I don't watch any ongoing dramas haha. I like to watch the whole thing in one go. But for anyone who's interested here are some wuxia drama I would recommend.

http://myasiancinema.com/c-drama-heavenly-sword-and-dragon-sabre-2009/

http://myasiancinema.com/c-drama-royal-tramp-2008/
*main actor can be annoying if you can't stand his acting style

http://everythingrapidsharetv.blogspot.com/2007/06/legend-of-condor-heroes-2003.html
*note: 2008 version is horrible lol

http://doramax264.com/romance/sword-stained-with-royal-blood-c-drama/
*story isn't as good as the previous three but still solid

http://doramax264.com/romance/the-return-of-the-condor-heroes-2006/
*actually didn't enjoy it very much, liked the 1995 tvb version better but no subs for that one, try it out if you're curious

http://myasiancinema.com/c-drama-the-great-revival-2007/
* acient polictics and war drama

edit:
lol, forgot three kingdoms is ongoing, haha.
http://doramax264.com/action/three-kingdoms/
Everything is very well done. Liked the great revival better though. Watch it if you like the acient polictics and war kind of dramas. Up to 72 episodes right now and gona be finished around 90'ish.

As for Japanese drama, none really stand out for me. I enjoy alot of them but not enough to recommend a particular one.
pandaBee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States251 Posts
August 08 2011 21:33 GMT
#80
Guys everyone needs to watch I'm sorry I love you 미안하다, 사랑한다

best kdrama ever.

also daejanggeum is also quite notable for anyone who hasn't watched it yet ^^ (i suppose most already have)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 100
PiLiPiLi 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2336
ViBE145
Bale 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever489
NeuroSwarm207
League of Legends
Doublelift4906
Counter-Strike
summit1g7081
taco 664
Other Games
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0315
WinterStarcraft249
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick993
BasetradeTV175
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP93
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1109
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 30m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.