• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9133 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XVIII - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 37 Next All
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
June 27 2012 02:55 GMT
#281
I think the activity level in this game is quite shit.
☺
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
June 27 2012 04:23 GMT
#282
On June 27 2012 08:40 Vivax wrote:
EBWOP: I have yet to see one guy who didn't say that we should lynch lurkers in absence of clear scumtells.


No, at least Release and I both want to lynch scummy behavior

BioSC, I have to get my sleep before I go to work. As I said earlier, the deadline is 8am for me and I tried requesting for a change to 10pm edt but I didn't get it.

GG hopeless. TBH if the timing was better on my side I'd have voted for you anyways based on what I've said earlier. You seemed really weird for a townie trying to contribute. Bio didn't look like an angel either but I never liked what you did with Release.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
June 27 2012 06:21 GMT
#283
There's been extremely low activity since death post. Considering i am putting like 1 hour a day into this game while having a longer filter than most, this is quite shit.
☺
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
June 27 2012 07:51 GMT
#284
This time due to the level of inactivity I really feel like lynching some lurkers but I don't know how the replacement system is done

On June 27 2012 11:55 Release wrote:
I think the activity level in this game is quite shit.


On June 27 2012 15:21 Release wrote:
There's been extremely low activity since death post. Considering i am putting like 1 hour a day into this game while having a longer filter than most, this is quite shit.


However just like before, Release can be seen doing his thing.

Just like before, I want to push Release
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
June 27 2012 08:14 GMT
#285
Jiexian, miltonkram will be replacing one of aegonc or keirathi, who did not vote at all, if that's what you're unsure about. What exactly is holding you back from voting from the remaining lurkers (you do say you really feel like lynching lurkers) and sticking to release? What do you mean by release "doing his thing". He's right, activity isn't good in this game at all, with 2 players being modkilled/replaced already, and a bunch of others posting very little. I didn't like your original case against release; I think it's gotten even worse now.

Esspen:

On June 27 2012 08:14 Esspen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 08:07 BioSC wrote:
EBWOP: That goes for Esspen as well. There is NO excuse. There are plenty of cases to choose from. How people are missing Hopeless' scumminess is beyond me, but do NOT waste votes like that. You are too easy targets for scum to manipulate your votes like that.


There are cases, but those cases are not going to be lynched anyway as now it's either Hopeless or Rofl. I unfortunately cannot vote for Hopeless as only thing he's done is gone maybe too far with attacking you, otherwise I completely agree with him.


On June 27 2012 08:53 Esspen wrote:
##Vote Hopeless1der


What was that? I gave you the benefit of doubt at first, but I'm gonna be looking at you very closely again.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
June 27 2012 09:01 GMT
#286
Doing his thing by not contributing anything.

For example, you obviously are contributing. Get it right?

Actually I'm spoilt for choices between Release, Esspen (plus hopeless earlier) and lurkers, just like I said earlier. What's keeping me from voting lurkers is my game plan of scummy behavior > lurkers.

I chose Release because he's the most chaotic/irritating + confusing + noisy as you can see, but I'm not leaning too hard on him. As I said if I were around I'd have changed my vote.

On June 27 2012 17:14 BassInSpace wrote:
Jiexian, miltonkram will be replacing one of aegonc or keirathi, who did not vote at all, if that's what you're unsure about. What exactly is holding you back from voting from the remaining lurkers (you do say you really feel like lynching lurkers) and sticking to release? What do you mean by release "doing his thing". He's right, activity isn't good in this game at all, with 2 players being modkilled/replaced already, and a bunch of others posting very little. I didn't like your original case against release; I think it's gotten even worse now.

Esspen:

Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 08:14 Esspen wrote:
On June 27 2012 08:07 BioSC wrote:
EBWOP: That goes for Esspen as well. There is NO excuse. There are plenty of cases to choose from. How people are missing Hopeless' scumminess is beyond me, but do NOT waste votes like that. You are too easy targets for scum to manipulate your votes like that.


There are cases, but those cases are not going to be lynched anyway as now it's either Hopeless or Rofl. I unfortunately cannot vote for Hopeless as only thing he's done is gone maybe too far with attacking you, otherwise I completely agree with him.


Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 08:53 Esspen wrote:
##Vote Hopeless1der


What was that? I gave you the benefit of doubt at first, but I'm gonna be looking at you very closely again.

Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
June 27 2012 10:25 GMT
#287
Esspen voted for hopeless when rofl was set to lynch, as already mentioned.

If one of them is scum, the other most likely is, too. With the current information available, I would go for one of them.

Also remember that posting cases during the night can make you a target for scum.
Speaking of it, I think I'm the designed nightkill simply cause noone suspected me yet. Townies who are believed to be townies are dangerous for scum, and I didn't see any blue role vibes for them to use yet, so they don't have many alternatives.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
June 27 2012 10:32 GMT
#288
Can we have an update on replacements + modkills?

Didn't see any happen yet since that low activity start.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
June 27 2012 10:36 GMT
#289
We are currently looking into replacements for AegonC and Keirathi, who did not vote during D1. If it all possible, we will avoid modkilling them and attempt to replace instead. There will be a more comprehensive update with the Daypost.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
June 27 2012 12:57 GMT
#290
I'll /in to replace if it's cool to be in two newbie minis at once.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
June 27 2012 14:40 GMT
#291
On June 27 2012 18:01 JieXian wrote:
Doing his thing by not contributing anything.

For example, you obviously are contributing. Get it right?

Actually I'm spoilt for choices between Release, Esspen (plus hopeless earlier) and lurkers, just like I said earlier. What's keeping me from voting lurkers is my game plan of scummy behavior > lurkers.

I chose Release because he's the most chaotic/irritating + confusing + noisy as you can see, but I'm not leaning too hard on him. As I said if I were around I'd have changed my vote.

Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 17:14 BassInSpace wrote:
Jiexian, miltonkram will be replacing one of aegonc or keirathi, who did not vote at all, if that's what you're unsure about. What exactly is holding you back from voting from the remaining lurkers (you do say you really feel like lynching lurkers) and sticking to release? What do you mean by release "doing his thing". He's right, activity isn't good in this game at all, with 2 players being modkilled/replaced already, and a bunch of others posting very little. I didn't like your original case against release; I think it's gotten even worse now.

Esspen:

On June 27 2012 08:14 Esspen wrote:
On June 27 2012 08:07 BioSC wrote:
EBWOP: That goes for Esspen as well. There is NO excuse. There are plenty of cases to choose from. How people are missing Hopeless' scumminess is beyond me, but do NOT waste votes like that. You are too easy targets for scum to manipulate your votes like that.


There are cases, but those cases are not going to be lynched anyway as now it's either Hopeless or Rofl. I unfortunately cannot vote for Hopeless as only thing he's done is gone maybe too far with attacking you, otherwise I completely agree with him.


On June 27 2012 08:53 Esspen wrote:
##Vote Hopeless1der


What was that? I gave you the benefit of doubt at first, but I'm gonna be looking at you very closely again.


I'm quite busy, so the few times i pop in to check up on the thread, i expect to see some valuable discussion. I'm quite annoyed when there isn't.

If this level of inactivity keeps up, the scum will win without having to do anything.
☺
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
June 27 2012 14:46 GMT
#292
Release, wouldn't the solution be to post some reads, like Bassinspace for example? His reads weren't gamebreaking but it got the game moving right?

On June 27 2012 19:25 Vivax wrote:
Esspen voted for hopeless when rofl was set to lynch, as already mentioned.

If one of them is scum, the other most likely is, too. With the current information available, I would go for one of them.

Also remember that posting cases during the night can make you a target for scum.
Speaking of it, I think I'm the designed nightkill simply cause noone suspected me yet. Townies who are believed to be townies are dangerous for scum, and I didn't see any blue role vibes for them to use yet, so they don't have many alternatives.


If only I could Pm you.. why are you asking to be killed
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
June 27 2012 14:47 GMT
#293
On June 27 2012 19:25 Vivax wrote:
Esspen voted for hopeless when rofl was set to lynch, as already mentioned.

If one of them is scum, the other most likely is, too. With the current information available, I would go for one of them.

Also remember that posting cases during the night can make you a target for scum.
Speaking of it, I think I'm the designed nightkill simply cause noone suspected me yet. Townies who are believed to be townies are dangerous for scum, and I didn't see any blue role vibes for them to use yet, so they don't have many alternatives.

So myself, rofles, and bio? (for clarification)

I think the self-pity attitude is silly. Strong cases make you the target for scum.

gtg.
☺
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
June 27 2012 15:13 GMT
#294
On June 27 2012 23:47 Release wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 19:25 Vivax wrote:
Esspen voted for hopeless when rofl was set to lynch, as already mentioned.

If one of them is scum, the other most likely is, too. With the current information available, I would go for one of them.

Also remember that posting cases during the night can make you a target for scum.
Speaking of it, I think I'm the designed nightkill simply cause noone suspected me yet. Townies who are believed to be townies are dangerous for scum, and I didn't see any blue role vibes for them to use yet, so they don't have many alternatives.

So myself, rofles, and bio? (for clarification)

I think the self-pity attitude is silly. Strong cases make you the target for scum.

gtg.


What self-pity attitude?Just writing what I think. And I think I am a clean target for scum, if Esspen and rofl aren't.
If they are, killing me might cause a pretty sure lynch of one of them (assuming town is rational). But even if I don't die, I'll still be pushing for a lynch of these two based on the information we got so far.

I'm actually not suspecting you, Release, cause you still have your style that makes it hard to play scum, although you seem to be busy cause of studies. You have been targetted hard at the beginning for that style and now went for a less aggressive one. If you are scum, the metagame forces you to play like that, but once you manage to survive the beginning, you may change your style, so I can't believe you to be 100 % townie.

Atm I would vote for roflwaffle55 or Esspen.

I'm not sure about Bio, but it seems to be untypical for scum to push cases like that. I don't like his initial posts for lack of content though. He started becoming very active once suspected by hopeless. I won't give him an absolution yet. I have quite a list of people I believe to be townie, but I prefer to keep it to myself during this night and focus on those I believe to be scum.

JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
June 27 2012 15:25 GMT
#295
On June 27 2012 23:47 Release wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2012 19:25 Vivax wrote:
Esspen voted for hopeless when rofl was set to lynch, as already mentioned.

If one of them is scum, the other most likely is, too. With the current information available, I would go for one of them.

Also remember that posting cases during the night can make you a target for scum.
Speaking of it, I think I'm the designed nightkill simply cause noone suspected me yet. Townies who are believed to be townies are dangerous for scum, and I didn't see any blue role vibes for them to use yet, so they don't have many alternatives.

So myself, rofles, and bio? (for clarification)

I think the self-pity attitude is silly. Strong cases make you the target for scum.

gtg.


No. It was between roffles and Hopeless. You weren't on the chopping block at all.

If roffles was scum and Esspen saved him at the last moment -> Esspen = scum. Simple right?
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
June 27 2012 20:08 GMT
#296
Man, just 5 people posted since the lynch. Activity in this game is really sucky. Can't even blame people for lurking and bandwagoning if town plays like this.

BioSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States636 Posts
June 27 2012 22:31 GMT
#297
The problem is... I can't even figure out a way to make it stop. Hopefully, the mods found replacements and they actually come in and have any kind of say at all in the game.
Bio - Breaking it down
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
June 27 2012 22:33 GMT
#298
There will be no modkills, just replacements. Daypost in 1.5 hours, make sure night actions are in!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 05:51:50
June 28 2012 00:00 GMT
#299

Day 2
The Killing Continues




The sun rises over Liquidville, and the people are shocked, saddened, by what they find as day breaks.

Release was never a man to sit by quietly. He knew things were going south, and he knew exactly what needed to be done. In contravention of the law, he was out past curfew. He slid shadow-like through the town, drawing closer and closer to his target. Slowly, he eased his revolver out of his holster, and got ready to do what was necessary to keep order in the town. He may live or die, but he'd rather die a hero than live as a slave.

He charged into the square, and turned and saw a mafioso-looking fellow. "I've caught you!" he exclaimed, "Die, scum!" But the fellow only smiled assuredly to himself.

"Any last words?" Release asked self-confidently.

"I'm not alone."

A shot rang through the night. Release fell to his knees, dropped his revolver, and coughed up blood. Why did it have to end this way?



Release the Vigilante has been shot in the back!



Keirathi has been warned for inactivity!
aegonC has been replaced by MiltonKram!
RoflWaffles55 has been replaced by JingleHell!




Day 2 has started. You have a little less than 48 hours left to vote. Deadline is 00:00 GMT (+00:00) in roughly 48 hours.

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
June 28 2012 00:47 GMT
#300
GG. Fucking schedule.
☺
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
TaKeTV 16
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 285
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 59
TKL 34
Codebar 28
Rex 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1480
Shuttle 1264
EffOrt 600
BeSt 478
Mini 343
ggaemo 328
Stork 278
firebathero 201
Light 194
Rush 137
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 88
Barracks 86
Zeus 61
Killer 54
910 54
Shine 49
Shinee 46
Hyun 45
sorry 44
Mong 42
ToSsGirL 26
soO 25
Aegong 25
Bale 24
Sexy 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
Trap 10
yabsab 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4149
Dendi2096
BananaSlamJamma403
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 690
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes549
Other Games
singsing2097
Liquid`RaSZi1799
hiko1259
B2W.Neo954
Lowko352
Liquid`VortiX247
Sick176
ArmadaUGS166
Trikslyr41
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2316
• Jankos2130
• TFBlade793
Other Games
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.