• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:04
CEST 21:04
KST 04:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8691 users

MLG Columbus Day 3 - Page 1399

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1432 Next
We will be moderating harshly in this thread. Think twice before you post. Things we are watching for: image macros, balance whining, "eagles", player bashing etc. We encourage civil and reasoned critique of our moderation - please post it in the website feedback forum.

Please don't complain about MLG stream quality or MLG itself. They work very hard to provide you with an enjoyable service.

Enough with the racism discussions, this is a LR Thread. Cut it out.
-- updated 7:55 KST
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
June 06 2011 02:58 GMT
#27961
On June 06 2011 11:54 bennyaus wrote:
People are forgetting that HuK beat MMA. Foreigners are behind, but not that behind. They're also easily on par with like all the players beyond the top 10 koreans.


Huk lives and trains in Korea. Thus he's Korean. Will you people STOP WITH THE RACE barriers. The TRAINING makes you Korean, not your DNA. Damn why don't people understand that.
The Notorious Winkles
UnKooL
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1667 Posts
June 06 2011 02:58 GMT
#27962
On June 06 2011 11:26 DuB phool wrote:
Hey, does anybody know what MC just posted on Twitter? Google translate is pretty much useless. I want to know what he thought about how MLG went, which is most likely what they were about.


oGsMC 장민철
참.. 팔로워가 1만명이 넘었네여 ㅋㅋ 한국게이머로는 최초인가? 아무튼 통역해주신우주님 장재호선수 fox코치님 성준이형 강호 성원이형 채팀장님 트레버 레이첼 다 수고많이하셨구 나도 수고많이했다 ㅋㅋ 기가바이트에선 꼭 우승해야지..

oGsMC 장민철
다음에 만약 오게되면 꼭 조별풀리그에서 1등해야지.. =_= 2등했더니 게임수가... 강호랑할때 한게임만 빌드에서 앞섰어도 좋았을텐뎅 ㅠㅠ 심리전에서 3판 다 지고시작.. 결승전보면서 테란사기가 절로나오는 성원이형의 의료선 ㄷㄷ 어우 피곤해..


oGsMC 장민철
흐아아암 정말 힘드네여 ㅠㅠ 성원이형 축하하고 강호 수고했고.. 개인적으로 즐거운 추억 만들고가는 대회였습니당.. ㅡ.ㅡ 하지만 귀국여정이 걱정.. 돌아가서 또 중국가야되고.. 개인적으로 성원이형하고 결승하고싶었는데 아쉽 ㅠㅠ


wow...over 10,000 followers haha. First for a Korean progamer? Anyways I would like to thank WooJoo (milkis' korean name?) for translating, Moon, wemadefox coach, julyzerg, losira, MMA, and director Chae, Trevor(TorcH), Rachel (seltzer), thanks for everyone's effort, and I worked hard haha. I'll be sure to with the Gigabite Tournament..

next time I go to MLGI will make sure to place first in my group. =_= getting 2nd place was too many games...if i was up at least 1 game against Losira with a build order lead it would have been better T.T losing 3 games to mindgames...MMA's dropships in the finals just scream Terran OP..im tired.

hmmmm very hard T. T congratualtions to MMA and Losira worked hard...personally it was an unforgettable event...-.- but i'm worried about going back to Korea...and then having to go to China...I personally wanted to play against MMA in the finals but oh well...
LoL: UnKooL and SoloQFiendUnKooL, SC2: UnKooL
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
June 06 2011 02:59 GMT
#27963
On June 06 2011 11:54 bennyaus wrote:
People are forgetting that HuK beat MMA. Foreigners are behind, but not that behind. They're also easily on par with like all the players beyond the top 10 koreans.


Easily? No.

And Huk is playing/training in Korea, so you can't strictly count him as a foreigner.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
mechavoc
Profile Joined December 2010
United States664 Posts
June 06 2011 02:59 GMT
#27964
On June 06 2011 11:58 rysecake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:54 bennyaus wrote:
People are forgetting that HuK beat MMA. Foreigners are behind, but not that behind. They're also easily on par with like all the players beyond the top 10 koreans.


Huk lives and trains in Korea. Thus he's Korean. Will you people STOP WITH THE RACE barriers. The TRAINING makes you Korean, not your DNA. Damn why don't people understand that.

You are correct !
Practice makes perfect.

NA just needs more practice
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 06 2011 02:59 GMT
#27965
Watching MMA play was amazing. He is like a Terran maestro. Dropships going left, dropships going right, main army up the gut while more dropships go north, others south. It is amazing. His level of multitasking is incredible. So happy he won.
Wat
Tin_Foil
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States243 Posts
June 06 2011 02:59 GMT
#27966
Such an amazing event! Goo MMA!!

Also, this thread is ridiculously huge.
Tarot
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada440 Posts
June 06 2011 03:00 GMT
#27967
On June 06 2011 11:46 Flytothesky wrote:
If I ever come back to play in MLG, I will try to be #1 in pool play.. =_= Played soo much game when I came second.. Kinda wished if I was ahead of the build at least in one game vs Losira T.T. I was already 3 games behind in metagame? (psychologically)... As I was a watching the finals.. MMA's medivacs are quite overpowered.. Ugh..


Haha. His dropships were pretty ridiculous.
I would definitely love to see some foreigners like QXC and Fenix be able to execute this at that level.
Crisco
Profile Joined March 2011
1170 Posts
June 06 2011 03:00 GMT
#27968
On June 06 2011 11:54 bennyaus wrote:
People are forgetting that HuK beat MMA. Foreigners are behind, but not that behind. They're also easily on par with like all the players beyond the top 10 koreans.


you're forgetting that HuK plays & practices in Korea. His play is arguably (generally) at a higher tier than the foreigners represented in MLG.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
June 06 2011 03:00 GMT
#27969
On June 06 2011 11:54 bennyaus wrote:
People are forgetting that HuK beat MMA. Foreigners are behind, but not that behind. They're also easily on par with like all the players beyond the top 10 koreans.


That's also a different set of circumstances.
Sayer
Profile Joined August 2009
United States403 Posts
June 06 2011 03:00 GMT
#27970
Can somebody pls tell me which pages I can take a look at for a TL's reaction when Idra supposedly won the game against MMA but gg'ed?????
kheldorin
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore539 Posts
June 06 2011 03:01 GMT
#27971
On June 06 2011 11:56 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:51 kheldorin wrote:
On June 06 2011 11:46 Flytothesky wrote:
On June 06 2011 11:26 DuB phool wrote:
Hey, does anybody know what MC just posted on Twitter? Google translate is pretty much useless. I want to know what he thought about how MLG went, which is most likely what they were about.


oGsMC 장민철
참.. 팔로워가 1만명이 넘었네여 ㅋㅋ 한국게이머로는 최초인가? 아무튼 통역해주신우주님 장재호선수 fox코치님 성준이형 강호 성원이형 채팀장님 트레버 레이첼 다 수고많이하셨구 나도 수고많이했다 ㅋㅋ 기가바이트에선 꼭 우승해야지..

oGsMC 장민철
다음에 만약 오게되면 꼭 조별풀리그에서 1등해야지.. =_= 2등했더니 게임수가... 강호랑할때 한게임만 빌드에서 앞섰어도 좋았을텐뎅 ㅠㅠ 심리전에서 3판 다 지고시작.. 결승전보면서 테란사기가 절로나오는 성원이형의 의료선 ㄷㄷ 어우 피곤해..


oGsMC 장민철
흐아아암 정말 힘드네여 ㅠㅠ 성원이형 축하하고 강호 수고했고.. 개인적으로 즐거운 추억 만들고가는 대회였습니당.. ㅡ.ㅡ 하지만 귀국여정이 걱정.. 돌아가서 또 중국가야되고.. 개인적으로 성원이형하고 결승하고싶었는데 아쉽 ㅠㅠ



From Top to Bottom Messages translates to:
(It's not perfect translation but very close enough)

Wow I have a over 10,000 followers! Wonder if I'm the first one to break that number as a Korean gamer? Anyway I would like to give thanks to Milkies, Moon, Fox coach, July, Losira, MMA, Chae, Trevor, and Rachel. You guys worked so hard, and I worked hard as well ^^. I will try to win in Gigabyte Tournament....

If I ever come back to play in MLG, I will try to be #1 in pool play.. =_= Played soo much game when I came second.. Kinda wished if I was ahead of the build at least in one game vs Losira T.T. I was already 3 games behind in metagame? (psychologically)... As I was a watching the finals.. MMA's medivacs are quite overpowered.. Ugh..

Sooo tiredddd. Congrats to MMA, Losira.. It was an awesome tourney, and I made lots of great memories here in MLG.. I'm kinda worried though.. As soon as I get to Korea.. I have to get ready to go to China.. Personally I wanted to face MMA.. T.T



Yeah, it does look like the players who play the least games gets a huge advantage. MMA played the least and July played the most. Regarding the psychological metagame, since MC played so many PvZs, his PvZ strats are already exposed and that hydra play just hard countered the stargate play. I'm sure it's not possible but an extra day for the final games would have been nice.

Idra really really should have taken advantage of the fact that he played less games.


Lets not forget though, that playing the least games comes as a result of winning the most games to start with. It's a nice way to reward the players who do the best. It does cause some problems with turnover I'll admit. I mean really, of all the players I wanted to see seeded into pool play, incontrol was not one of them. Sorry. How did he get there anyway?

Also, I think a lot of the appeal of MLG, especially for those who are viewing live instead of on steam, is that they can make it a weekend long trip of nerdiness, then get back to real life on monday.


Yeah but MC just lost one game in his pool. And it was the first game of the entire tournament. Kinda a high price to pay. But at least if he does return, he'll be seeded properly.
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 03:03:10
June 06 2011 03:01 GMT
#27972
I'd like to see the NA and EU players show more personality. I loved MMA's and MC's ceremonies.

Major did some cool in-game bm but i want more DRAMA and Personality please!

I think Major is one non-Korean terran who could micro as well as MMA/Bomber/MVP, he just needs to work on his decision making
Vincere Vel Mori
awesomo0O
Profile Joined November 2010
Tuvalu59 Posts
June 06 2011 03:01 GMT
#27973
On June 06 2011 11:38 Falcor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:34 awesomo0O wrote:
I loved this tournament, lots of epic games, epic moments, epic ceremonies, only epicness.
My best parts were when nani danced thinking he won but then lost lol. And when MC gave Idra a taste of his own medicine and then Idra being the classless scumbag that he is started whining about toss imba, that was epic, and the thumb down by MC after the game LUL

TL;DR : epic weekend


when i saw naniwa do that and lose this is what i thought of right away lol


hahaha good one
EdaPoe
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands82 Posts
June 06 2011 03:03 GMT
#27974
On June 06 2011 12:00 Sayer wrote:
Can somebody pls tell me which pages I can take a look at for a TL's reaction when Idra supposedly won the game against MMA but gg'ed?????


Around 270ish would be the pages about MMA blowing his OC so check around there.
imareaver3
Profile Joined June 2010
United States906 Posts
June 06 2011 03:03 GMT
#27975
On June 06 2011 12:00 Sayer wrote:
Can somebody pls tell me which pages I can take a look at for a TL's reaction when Idra supposedly won the game against MMA but gg'ed?????



In and around page 300. It goes on--I remember seeing a page appear every two seconds when I refreshed.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 06 2011 03:03 GMT
#27976
On June 06 2011 11:59 Tin_Foil wrote:
Such an amazing event! Goo MMA!!

Also, this thread is ridiculously huge.


It's slowing down, and I think it'll be slower after 1400 pages.

If HuK can beat MMA just living in korea, then it's got nothing to do with the language barrier in training, it's just about the attitude and dedication to the game. Foreigners can keep up with koreans.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 03:06:35
June 06 2011 03:03 GMT
#27977
On June 06 2011 12:00 Sayer wrote:
Can somebody pls tell me which pages I can take a look at for a TL's reaction when Idra supposedly won the game against MMA but gg'ed?????


Roughly page 263 I think
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
nokz88
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1253 Posts
June 06 2011 03:04 GMT
#27978
On June 06 2011 11:26 DuB phool wrote:
Hey, does anybody know what MC just posted on Twitter? Google translate is pretty much useless. I want to know what he thought about how MLG went, which is most likely what they were about.


oGsMC 장민철
참.. 팔로워가 1만명이 넘었네여 ㅋㅋ 한국게이머로는 최초인가? 아무튼 통역해주신우주님 장재호선수 fox코치님 성준이형 강호 성원이형 채팀장님 트레버 레이첼 다 수고많이하셨구 나도 수고많이했다 ㅋㅋ 기가바이트에선 꼭 우승해야지..

oGsMC 장민철
다음에 만약 오게되면 꼭 조별풀리그에서 1등해야지.. =_= 2등했더니 게임수가... 강호랑할때 한게임만 빌드에서 앞섰어도 좋았을텐뎅 ㅠㅠ 심리전에서 3판 다 지고시작.. 결승전보면서 테란사기가 절로나오는 성원이형의 의료선 ㄷㄷ 어우 피곤해..


oGsMC 장민철
흐아아암 정말 힘드네여 ㅠㅠ 성원이형 축하하고 강호 수고했고.. 개인적으로 즐거운 추억 만들고가는 대회였습니당.. ㅡ.ㅡ 하지만 귀국여정이 걱정.. 돌아가서 또 중국가야되고.. 개인적으로 성원이형하고 결승하고싶었는데 아쉽 ㅠㅠ


Wow... more than ten thousand followers lol I think that's unprecedented for a Korean progamer isn't it? Anyway thanks to Moon's coach who did the translation, July, Losira, MMA, Dr. Chae, Trevor (T/N I think that's Torch), Rachel, good job to you all. And good job for me too lol... I'm gonna win it all in the Gygabyte StarsWars Tournament...

Next time I'm gonna take first place in the championship pool... -.- second place has to play so many more games... even one less game woulda have been great against Losira, because of BO battles(T/N I dunno what he means by that) T.T I lost the mind games before all the 3 matches... MMA's dropships make me say Terran imba unconsciously... wow I'm tired...

Whoaaa I'm really tired T.T Congrats to MMA Good job Losira... Personally this tournament was a great experience for me.. -.- but I'm a little bit worried about my schedule... and moreover I gotta go to China after I get back... personally I would have loved to have a finals match with MMA but o well too bad T.T
in a state of trance
Sayer
Profile Joined August 2009
United States403 Posts
June 06 2011 03:04 GMT
#27979
Thank you guys
CEPEHDREI
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1521 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 03:06:33
June 06 2011 03:05 GMT
#27980
On June 06 2011 12:03 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:59 Tin_Foil wrote:
Such an amazing event! Goo MMA!!

Also, this thread is ridiculously huge.


It's slowing down, and I think it'll be slower after 1400 pages.

If HuK can beat MMA just living in korea, then it's got nothing to do with the language barrier in training, it's just about the attitude and dedication to the game. Foreigners can keep up with koreans.


I dont wanna take anything away from HuK but MMA choked pretty hard in his up & down matches. that wasnt the same MMA we know from GSTL and this MLG.

but overall i agree the gap is rly small.
Prev 1 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 751
SteadfastSC546
EnkiAlexander 76
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 546
UpATreeSC 110
BRAT_OK 57
JuggernautJason51
PtitDrogo 40
ZombieGrub20
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29924
Soulkey 307
Dewaltoss 130
Mini 80
Trap 31
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 19
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
Dendi1014
qojqva811
Counter-Strike
fl0m1398
shoxiejesuss744
Fnx 725
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2778
Khaldor2168
Liquid`Hasu778
Other Games
Grubby2856
ArmadaUGS1146
B2W.Neo603
ceh9520
byalli495
C9.Mang0168
Pyrionflax93
Chillindude81
Trikslyr55
Railgan21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 6
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix10
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1153
Other Games
• imaqtpie1079
• Scarra557
• Shiphtur311
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 56m
OSC
17h 56m
Stellar Fest
17h 56m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.