• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9184 users

MLG Columbus Day 3 - Page 1400

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1432 Next
We will be moderating harshly in this thread. Think twice before you post. Things we are watching for: image macros, balance whining, "eagles", player bashing etc. We encourage civil and reasoned critique of our moderation - please post it in the website feedback forum.

Please don't complain about MLG stream quality or MLG itself. They work very hard to provide you with an enjoyable service.

Enough with the racism discussions, this is a LR Thread. Cut it out.
-- updated 7:55 KST
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
June 06 2011 03:05 GMT
#27981
Congrats MMA. He played ridiculously good this weekend
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
June 06 2011 03:05 GMT
#27982
I loved Koreans playing in MLG, It's a foreigner tournament so I don't want 10-20 Koreans playing at future events, I think the 5 or so Koreans that came were a good amount. Nothing is more interesting to me than to see Koreans and foreigners clashing. I did predict at least one Korean being eliminated by a foreigner, but I was wrong with that guess Still I think ThorZaiN is easily that level, he was just desperately unlucky to get MC twice, with the stupid extended series format thing as well. I'm pretty sure he'd have been a good chance to beat MMA, maybe not LosirA though. IdrA and Naniwa were solid, SjoW really should've beaten MMA tvt, that was extremely close. But overall the Koreans dominated, as expected. I'm not convinced that a lot of these foreign players have the work ethic to match the Koreans, so the gap might stay, but it's not MASSIVE, there were plenty of great games and this was an awesome tournament!



Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
June 06 2011 03:05 GMT
#27983
Whole tournament was so sick. Huge props to the champion!
st4nta
Profile Joined April 2011
United States215 Posts
June 06 2011 03:06 GMT
#27984
so 5 of the top 8 are Zerg.. hopefully no more T/P is OP complaints.
"OBAMA PROTOSS" "HuK is my warp prism" -MC
duk3
Profile Joined September 2010
United States807 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 03:06:48
June 06 2011 03:06 GMT
#27985
Thanks for the translation! I hope that the Gigabyte tournament isn't boring as the final 4 players are all protoss- MC, xiaOt, Lovecd and Lovett.
Page 1400! Wow!
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
June 06 2011 03:06 GMT
#27986
Thanks to those who translated MC's tweets
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Blackrobe
Profile Joined August 2010
United States806 Posts
June 06 2011 03:06 GMT
#27987
Congratulations to SlayerS_MMA!!!
"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 06 2011 03:07 GMT
#27988
On June 06 2011 12:04 nokz88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:26 DuB phool wrote:
Hey, does anybody know what MC just posted on Twitter? Google translate is pretty much useless. I want to know what he thought about how MLG went, which is most likely what they were about.


oGsMC 장민철
참.. 팔로워가 1만명이 넘었네여 ㅋㅋ 한국게이머로는 최초인가? 아무튼 통역해주신우주님 장재호선수 fox코치님 성준이형 강호 성원이형 채팀장님 트레버 레이첼 다 수고많이하셨구 나도 수고많이했다 ㅋㅋ 기가바이트에선 꼭 우승해야지..

oGsMC 장민철
다음에 만약 오게되면 꼭 조별풀리그에서 1등해야지.. =_= 2등했더니 게임수가... 강호랑할때 한게임만 빌드에서 앞섰어도 좋았을텐뎅 ㅠㅠ 심리전에서 3판 다 지고시작.. 결승전보면서 테란사기가 절로나오는 성원이형의 의료선 ㄷㄷ 어우 피곤해..


oGsMC 장민철
흐아아암 정말 힘드네여 ㅠㅠ 성원이형 축하하고 강호 수고했고.. 개인적으로 즐거운 추억 만들고가는 대회였습니당.. ㅡ.ㅡ 하지만 귀국여정이 걱정.. 돌아가서 또 중국가야되고.. 개인적으로 성원이형하고 결승하고싶었는데 아쉽 ㅠㅠ


Wow... more than ten thousand followers lol I think that's unprecedented for a Korean progamer isn't it? Anyway thanks to Moon's coach who did the translation, July, Losira, MMA, Dr. Chae, Trevor (T/N I think that's Torch), Rachel, good job to you all. And good job for me too lol... I'm gonna win it all in the Gygabyte StarsWars Tournament...

Next time I'm gonna take first place in the championship pool... -.- second place has to play so many more games... even one less game woulda have been great against Losira, because of BO battles(T/N I dunno what he means by that) T.T I lost the mind games before all the 3 matches... MMA's dropships make me say Terran imba unconsciously... wow I'm tired...

Whoaaa I'm really tired T.T Congrats to MMA Good job Losira... Personally this tournament was a great experience for me.. -.- but I'm a little bit worried about my schedule... and moreover I gotta go to China after I get back... personally I would have loved to have a finals match with MMA but o well too bad T.T


I like how we couldn't get anyone to translate for like 10 pages, and now it's been done three times.

Sucked to see MC's stargate build get figured out by the end, but I think that was up to him to not keep on adapting. The switch to DT play in game 2 was really cool, and he should have kept switching things around. Got too predictable by the end there, and Losira hard countered him. They both knew it at that point.
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
June 06 2011 03:07 GMT
#27989
really great weekend for mlg!! great games, good stream, great content overall! bring back tastosis!!
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
June 06 2011 03:08 GMT
#27990
This was an amazing weekend overall.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
June 06 2011 03:09 GMT
#27991
Day 3 of Korean netizen reactions are out, courtesy of siz.Fantasy:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=229760
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
June 06 2011 03:09 GMT
#27992
Im really happy that the Koreans dominated. Gives more credibility to the game if the people that train / study it the most get the most success.
xguyx
Profile Joined February 2011
United States124 Posts
June 06 2011 03:10 GMT
#27993
mma seemed so happy they the crowd was chanting his name, i want to see more of him
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. -Buddha
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
June 06 2011 03:10 GMT
#27994
On June 06 2011 12:05 AxionSteel wrote:
I loved Koreans playing in MLG, It's a foreigner tournament so I don't want 10-20 Koreans playing at future events, I think the 5 or so Koreans that came were a good amount. Nothing is more interesting to me than to see Koreans and foreigners clashing. I did predict at least one Korean being eliminated by a foreigner, but I was wrong with that guess Still I think ThorZaiN is easily that level, he was just desperately unlucky to get MC twice, with the stupid extended series format thing as well. I'm pretty sure he'd have been a good chance to beat MMA, maybe not LosirA though. IdrA and Naniwa were solid, SjoW really should've beaten MMA tvt, that was extremely close. But overall the Koreans dominated, as expected. I'm not convinced that a lot of these foreign players have the work ethic to match the Koreans, so the gap might stay, but it's not MASSIVE, there were plenty of great games and this was an awesome tournament!


initially i would agree with you, but do you think it would then be hypocritical for us to want GSL to be filled with foreigners? you could try to argue that gsl stands for global, but i think beyond the name, everyone understands that gsl is as close to the korean pro sc2 league that you can get.
DDie
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil2369 Posts
June 06 2011 03:10 GMT
#27995
On June 06 2011 11:09 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:07 epik151 wrote:
On June 06 2011 11:04 Mailing wrote:
Having koreas made more viewers. People wanted to see the foreigners win.

That's why so many people are butthurt about idra losing, even though he got 4th place. They wanted idra to beat the koreans but he gave up


Yea dude he must've given not. It's not like he was outclassed and outplayed or anything.


given not?

Idra wasn't outclassed in any way. In short he played like shit because of what he did to himself. His mental state was nowhere close to where it was for the first day in which he cleaned out his group.

Idra crushed himself more than anyone else could have.


That's the beginning of the end for him and cheesing MC repeatedly didn't help.



ROFL, thanks so much for posting this.


Wheat and day9 reaction is just priceless.
''Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.''
kmkg
Profile Joined August 2010
Japan186 Posts
June 06 2011 03:11 GMT
#27996
Thanks to MLG for the fan service! Huge improvement over Dallas and it can still get better.
Faricho
Profile Joined April 2011
Colombia116 Posts
June 06 2011 03:11 GMT
#27997
I loved it, loved Tastosis, DayJWheat and JP, the Koreans and the great matches.

Thanks for the event.

Looking forward for the next MLG.
"Critics get shit done and they stand up for quality control and the rights of the consumer. Why people decide to hate on them over some misplaced loyalty that is certainly not reciprocated by the company is entirely beyond me" -TotalBisquit
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
June 06 2011 03:11 GMT
#27998
On June 06 2011 12:07 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 12:04 nokz88 wrote:
On June 06 2011 11:26 DuB phool wrote:
Hey, does anybody know what MC just posted on Twitter? Google translate is pretty much useless. I want to know what he thought about how MLG went, which is most likely what they were about.


oGsMC 장민철
참.. 팔로워가 1만명이 넘었네여 ㅋㅋ 한국게이머로는 최초인가? 아무튼 통역해주신우주님 장재호선수 fox코치님 성준이형 강호 성원이형 채팀장님 트레버 레이첼 다 수고많이하셨구 나도 수고많이했다 ㅋㅋ 기가바이트에선 꼭 우승해야지..

oGsMC 장민철
다음에 만약 오게되면 꼭 조별풀리그에서 1등해야지.. =_= 2등했더니 게임수가... 강호랑할때 한게임만 빌드에서 앞섰어도 좋았을텐뎅 ㅠㅠ 심리전에서 3판 다 지고시작.. 결승전보면서 테란사기가 절로나오는 성원이형의 의료선 ㄷㄷ 어우 피곤해..


oGsMC 장민철
흐아아암 정말 힘드네여 ㅠㅠ 성원이형 축하하고 강호 수고했고.. 개인적으로 즐거운 추억 만들고가는 대회였습니당.. ㅡ.ㅡ 하지만 귀국여정이 걱정.. 돌아가서 또 중국가야되고.. 개인적으로 성원이형하고 결승하고싶었는데 아쉽 ㅠㅠ


Wow... more than ten thousand followers lol I think that's unprecedented for a Korean progamer isn't it? Anyway thanks to Moon's coach who did the translation, July, Losira, MMA, Dr. Chae, Trevor (T/N I think that's Torch), Rachel, good job to you all. And good job for me too lol... I'm gonna win it all in the Gygabyte StarsWars Tournament...

Next time I'm gonna take first place in the championship pool... -.- second place has to play so many more games... even one less game woulda have been great against Losira, because of BO battles(T/N I dunno what he means by that) T.T I lost the mind games before all the 3 matches... MMA's dropships make me say Terran imba unconsciously... wow I'm tired...

Whoaaa I'm really tired T.T Congrats to MMA Good job Losira... Personally this tournament was a great experience for me.. -.- but I'm a little bit worried about my schedule... and moreover I gotta go to China after I get back... personally I would have loved to have a finals match with MMA but o well too bad T.T


I like how we couldn't get anyone to translate for like 10 pages, and now it's been done three times.

Sucked to see MC's stargate build get figured out by the end, but I think that was up to him to not keep on adapting. The switch to DT play in game 2 was really cool, and he should have kept switching things around. Got too predictable by the end there, and Losira hard countered him. They both knew it at that point.

It probably took 10 pages worth of time to translate the tweets.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 03:13:29
June 06 2011 03:12 GMT
#27999
On June 06 2011 11:54 bennyaus wrote:
People are forgetting that HuK beat MMA. Foreigners are behind, but not that behind. They're also easily on par with like all the players beyond the top 10 koreans.

Huk isn't beating MMA if there isn't some all in or mega cheese involved. Plain and simple. MMA just got done playing a 3 game TvT with MKP and was a bit tilted and quite obviously didn't play his best judging by today. I dont think huk would want to have to ever play MMA again for good reason.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
June 06 2011 03:13 GMT
#28000
Congrats to MMA,
also tips for winning MLG
1. Don't misses your Visa/passport(yeah Bomber)
2. Make a CC at Gold
3. Use your siege tanks to destroy it
4. ???
5. Profit!!!!
Terran
Prev 1 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 853
SteadfastSC210
ComeBackTV 193
TaKeTV 188
LamboSC2118
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 15
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 210
ProTech134
LamboSC2 118
Rex 80
BRAT_OK 22
IndyStarCraft 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37281
Shuttle 2997
Bisu 917
Horang2 908
Jaedong 715
Mini 641
EffOrt 606
Light 489
BeSt 360
Soma 355
[ Show more ]
firebathero 333
Stork 326
Hyuk 324
Snow 169
Rush 165
Zeus 162
Last 155
ggaemo 145
ZerO 143
Pusan 85
Leta 83
hero 70
sorry 60
Killer 56
Mong 48
Sea.KH 47
Sharp 47
Mind 39
Shinee 30
Aegong 29
Shine 28
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 25
soO 24
Sexy 22
Trap 22
Yoon 20
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
NotJumperer 14
HiyA 11
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6214
qojqva1649
Dendi806
420jenkins87
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
Reynor103
Counter-Strike
x6flipin356
markeloff139
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2032
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns34148
singsing2161
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo1058
Mlord252
DeMusliM214
Livibee176
Liquid`VortiX133
Hui .122
Mew2King116
QueenE84
ArmadaUGS73
Chillindude13
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan10
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1856
League of Legends
• Jankos2258
• Nemesis1133
• TFBlade860
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 42m
Stellar Fest
23h 42m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.