• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9583 users

Newbie Mini Mafia IV - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 56 Next
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 26 2012 19:40 GMT
#181
On February 27 2012 02:32 ghost_403 wrote:
@alderan I really don't see any time where it would be advantageous to the town to not lynch. The town should first be lynching scum. If we can't find scum, we should instead lynch people who are not useful to the town. Lurkers fit the second criteria perfectly. By lurking, you are providing cover for the scum to hide, which is in every case bad for the town.

@fourface That's not how you apply pressure on someone to post. This is how you apply pressure on someone to post.

##vote JekyllAndHyde

To Ghost and fourface, what is your reasoning for pressuring JekyllAndHyde specifically? There's plenty of other non-posters, or people posting nothing but 1-2 sentence fluff posts. Any specific reason for Jekyll?
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 26 2012 19:43 GMT
#182
@Janaan Nope. I would love to start lynching into the other non-posters and fluffy posters as well, but alas, I have only one vote. Although, I would expect more posting from a hydra. It seems between the two of them that at least one could post on here "Don't lynch me".
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
February 26 2012 19:44 GMT
#183
On February 27 2012 04:43 ghost_403 wrote:
@Janaan Nope. I would love to start lynching into the other non-posters and fluffy posters as well, but alas, I have only one vote. Although, I would expect more posting from a hydra. It seems between the two of them that at least one could post on here "Don't lynch me".


What's a hydra?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 26 2012 19:45 GMT
#184
hydra=two people playing on a single account.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
February 26 2012 19:52 GMT
#185
On February 27 2012 04:45 Janaan wrote:
hydra=two people playing on a single account.


We have two people playing on the same account? What?
Why do we allow this?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
February 26 2012 19:56 GMT
#186
I'm back! Going to be reading to catch up and posting soon.

But first...

On February 27 2012 04:52 Steveling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 04:45 Janaan wrote:
hydra=two people playing on a single account.


We have two people playing on the same account? What?
Why do we allow this?


Possibly since it's a newbie game and probably isn't the most serious or rigid of games. Maybe the new player isn't completely comfortable playing solo yet? No idea. Getting more people into the game as a whole is very nice to have though.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 26 2012 20:00 GMT
#187
Hydras are fairly common if players can't committ to being able to play the game full-time. There's actually two in this game, JekyllAndHyde and k2HD. As long as they sign the post with which one of them is doing the posting and we can hold them accountable, it's not really a big deal.
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 20:05:00
February 26 2012 20:03 GMT
#188
NightFury pretty much has the right of it regarding hydras. I think hydras first evolved from a pairing of an experienced player-coach and a newer player posting on the same account. While they often are still used for that purpose, to help newer players learn the ropes not completely on their own, they're also allowed if two players are very interested in playing a game but are worried they won't have time to post every day. I do prefer to minimize the number of hydras in a game, but in a newbie game, it definitely is good to get as many new people involved as we can.

Edit: Janaan is right too. Thanks to both of you for answering Steveling's question so well.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 26 2012 20:11 GMT
#189
On February 27 2012 04:56 NightFury wrote:
I'm back! Going to be reading to catch up and posting soon.

But first...

Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 04:52 Steveling wrote:
On February 27 2012 04:45 Janaan wrote:
hydra=two people playing on a single account.


We have two people playing on the same account? What?
Why do we allow this?


Possibly since it's a newbie game and probably isn't the most serious or rigid of games. Maybe the new player isn't completely comfortable playing solo yet? No idea. Getting more people into the game as a whole is very nice to have though.

On February 27 2012 05:00 Janaan wrote:
Hydras are fairly common if players can't committ to being able to play the game full-time. There's actually two in this game, JekyllAndHyde and k2HD. As long as they sign the post with which one of them is doing the posting and we can hold them accountable, it's not really a big deal.

It's basically a combination of these factors. The point of these newbie games is to get as many people interested in playing as possible. Also the idea of playing can be intimidating, and having a friend to work with can add confidence. But most importantly, it allows players who are otherwise too busy to play to still get a taste for the games. And it isn't like these players really get a competitive advantage in a newbie game.
Uff Da
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
February 26 2012 20:18 GMT
#190
##vote phagga

We should probably spread out our votes, don't need two people on one lurker yet imo.
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
February 26 2012 20:26 GMT
#191
On February 27 2012 04:36 Steveling wrote:
Well not much to be said.
Another typical newbie day one, xDDD.


Would you like me to make another poll XD


any questions anyone?

(Oh and alderaan, earlier I meant that each day we should decided on how to change the way we chose to run things the previous day, as in will stick to the decisions we make right now until the vote, but depending on how the vote goes we can adapt at night to find what works best, that way we can organized but not bound by our own rules.

So the decisions we make should have semi permanence but can be changed at night if they are found to not be useful. Also if the situation calls for it we can of course be flexible, but we do need some semblance of organization if only for the sake of practicing consensus building.)
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
FourFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
701 Posts
February 26 2012 20:32 GMT
#192
I knew this was going to be fun. Had a LOL moment already; gumshoe says "Glad to have you on our side Alderaan ( : as for absolutes do you mind making decisions like that on a day to day basis?"
and Alderan is like: "What do you mean?"
Seriously wtf did you mean bro?

Anyway I am disapoint about Steveling not reading this thread from start to finish. If he would have realized what a hydra is (i didn't know either until i did read .. THE WHOLE .. thread from START 2 FINISH and my eyes are still functioning properly) (DO THIS NOW if you haven't already GOOGG we'll be waiting THANK YOU!)

Also certain circumstances made it so that I already have an idea of a case bait set up. The trap is up and running as we speak. At this point I can only say that there's an elephant in the room and whether people see it or not, mention it or not will give a mass check on all

@Janaan why JekyllAndHyde and not some other lurker? I don't know, lynch me
I don't know, lynch me!
FourFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
701 Posts
February 26 2012 20:34 GMT
#193
sniped by gumshoe but i still don't know what you mean and why you talk like the riddler
I don't know, lynch me!
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
February 26 2012 20:34 GMT
#194
Okay!

I propose that we resolve the most pressing issues today and worry about the less vital ones for night 1 if needed. It seems like the lynch or no-lynch day 1 is the most pressing issue at hand. I'm beginning to think that a time based voting system won't be critical on day 1 if we can all agree to a specific day 1 strategy. This way we can focus on the task at hand and get good discussion and worry about the finer details of other issues during the night so we can all be ready for day 2.

It appears, in general, that the consensus for lynching a lurker for day 1 is acceptable. Looking at risk/reward - lynching a mafia on day 1 has great rewards whereas lynching a lurker townie isn't the biggest loss (still a loss nonetheless). Therefore, I'm still on board for no no-lynch day 1 and going after a lurker.

I propose we set a soft deadline today for confirming a lurker target. The game has been going for less than 24 hours and I know people's weekends can be a bit random when it comes to availability. I think, at most, we should give a full in-game 24 hours to at least post a) anything and b) some form of contribution. Once again, great for getting discussion rolling and looking at how people interact with each other. In the event everyone is present and participating, we can have a full discussion on how we handle day 1 as well.

While this can be discussed later on if needed, I am still a fan of one or two stage soft deadline voting. I know there are caveats, but I personally think everyone should have some responsibility in the game. It'll keep players active which is always great. Janaan, I know you mentioned that a second deadline may cause chaos is there is a bandwagon for not following the system. But if we can get everyone to agree to the system, it will be everyone's responsibility to follow it and they will be responsible for their own actions should they break it. If people are going to be busy (which is completely valid), they should at least inform everyone in advance. I would prefer people communicating with everyone rather than just falling off the face of the planet (although shit does happen which can be unfortunate).

Thoughts/Opinions?
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 26 2012 20:35 GMT
#195
On February 27 2012 05:26 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 04:36 Steveling wrote:
Well not much to be said.
Another typical newbie day one, xDDD.


Would you like me to make another poll XD


any questions anyone?

Haha, yeah, a poll would be great, why don't we get started on that right away (not really....)

The problem is no one really seems to want to talk, and asking general questions about the game, lynching lurkers, early deadlines, etc can only get us so far. I'm not sure how best to proceed right now to get everyone talking.
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
February 26 2012 20:36 GMT
#196
On February 27 2012 05:32 FourFace wrote:
I knew this was going to be fun. Had a LOL moment already; gumshoe says "Glad to have you on our side Alderaan ( : as for absolutes do you mind making decisions like that on a day to day basis?"
and Alderan is like: "What do you mean?"
Seriously wtf did you mean bro?

Anyway I am disapoint about Steveling not reading this thread from start to finish. If he would have realized what a hydra is (i didn't know either until i did read .. THE WHOLE .. thread from START 2 FINISH and my eyes are still functioning properly) (DO THIS NOW if you haven't already GOOGG we'll be waiting THANK YOU!)

Also certain circumstances made it so that I already have an idea of a case bait set up. The trap is up and running as we speak. At this point I can only say that there's an elephant in the room and whether people see it or not, mention it or not will give a mass check on all

@Janaan why JekyllAndHyde and not some other lurker? I don't know, lynch me


four face look up

(above your post, your insult timing was just a second late)
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
February 26 2012 20:36 GMT
#197
Also, I'm off to go make myself lunch and some other things! Be back in about an hour or less.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 26 2012 20:41 GMT
#198
On February 27 2012 05:32 FourFace wrote:
@Janaan why JekyllAndHyde and not some other lurker? I don't know, lynch me

Not an attack, I was just wondering if there was a certain reason why you picked him. If not, fine.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 26 2012 21:06 GMT
#199
On February 27 2012 05:34 NightFury wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Okay!

I propose that we resolve the most pressing issues today and worry about the less vital ones for night 1 if needed. It seems like the lynch or no-lynch day 1 is the most pressing issue at hand. I'm beginning to think that a time based voting system won't be critical on day 1 if we can all agree to a specific day 1 strategy. This way we can focus on the task at hand and get good discussion and worry about the finer details of other issues during the night so we can all be ready for day 2.

It appears, in general, that the consensus for lynching a lurker for day 1 is acceptable. Looking at risk/reward - lynching a mafia on day 1 has great rewards whereas lynching a lurker townie isn't the biggest loss (still a loss nonetheless). Therefore, I'm still on board for no no-lynch day 1 and going after a lurker.

I propose we set a soft deadline today for confirming a lurker target. The game has been going for less than 24 hours and I know people's weekends can be a bit random when it comes to availability. I think, at most, we should give a full in-game 24 hours to at least post a) anything and b) some form of contribution. Once again, great for getting discussion rolling and looking at how people interact with each other. In the event everyone is present and participating, we can have a full discussion on how we handle day 1 as well.

While this can be discussed later on if needed, I am still a fan of one or two stage soft deadline voting. I know there are caveats, but I personally think everyone should have some responsibility in the game. It'll keep players active which is always great. Janaan, I know you mentioned that a second deadline may cause chaos is there is a bandwagon for not following the system. But if we can get everyone to agree to the system, it will be everyone's responsibility to follow it and they will be responsible for their own actions should they break it. If people are going to be busy (which is completely valid), they should at least inform everyone in advance. I would prefer people communicating with everyone rather than just falling off the face of the planet (although shit does happen which can be unfortunate).

Thoughts/Opinions?


I think I've already made my position clear on this. I also think that setting any kind of deadline 24 hours before the actual vote deadline is too soon. As already stated, I'm fine with somewhere around 8-12 hours before, but any earlier, any vote we end up agreeing on, especially if it's a lurker lynch, is bound to change.
FourFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
701 Posts
February 26 2012 21:10 GMT
#200
Yo how come voting deadline is in 6 hours? Is Day[1] only 24 hours long or is it like 24 hours -> vote deadline -> 24 hours -> night
I don't know, lynch me!
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ProTech138
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 87
MindelVK 22
Railgan 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2149
Bisu 1129
Soulkey 874
Dewaltoss 121
Shinee 55
Trap 27
Bale 25
NaDa 22
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 10
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 562
420jenkins419
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
fl0m4445
pashabiceps948
Fnx 671
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3320
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1681
FrodaN817
B2W.Neo269
Livibee184
C9.Mang0136
TKL 84
QueenE83
RotterdaM61
Mew2King31
JuggernautJason6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 10
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2622
• TFBlade882
Other Games
• Shiphtur1314
• imaqtpie665
• WagamamaTV385
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 31m
Patches Events
21h 31m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.