• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:07
CEST 18:07
KST 01:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9665 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 3052

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-21 13:26:11
March 21 2019 13:25 GMT
#61021
--- Nuked ---
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
March 21 2019 13:59 GMT
#61022
On March 21 2019 22:25 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question


If you want to guarantee an answer from a mod I'd make a thread in the Website feedback section. Some Mods check here so this might work, but they would prefer that.

It's not that important question to know and if it's missed it's missed, that's why I didn't take it into the feedback section
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-21 15:07:53
March 21 2019 15:07 GMT
#61023
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-22 20:34:11
March 21 2019 15:09 GMT
#61024
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

Or to make it clear in the TL Mafia subforum that someone is definitely mafia.

User was warned for this post since this ain't the mafia subforum!
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-21 16:33:43
March 21 2019 16:27 GMT
#61025
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

But...why can we non-mods use it then? That was his question.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
March 21 2019 17:24 GMT
#61026
On March 22 2019 01:27 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

But...why can we non-mods use it then? That was his question.


Why did God create men physically capable of sin?
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 21 2019 17:31 GMT
#61027
On March 22 2019 01:27 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

But...why can we non-mods use it then? That was his question.

Probably because that's the way it got programmed and they figured most people would just follow a basic rule? Dunno. This was something from the early days of TL and most people don't use red text after they are told it's main purpose. Also, guessing it's hard to limit it to staff only since it's BBcode and all.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
March 21 2019 17:36 GMT
#61028
Is it written anywhere as a basic rule? I can understand that you would want red colour to be reserved for mods only, but it came as a suprise to me that it is something that is enforced. But I suppose it has to be.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 21 2019 18:03 GMT
#61029
On March 22 2019 02:31 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2019 01:27 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

But...why can we non-mods use it then? That was his question.

Probably because that's the way it got programmed and they figured most people would just follow a basic rule? Dunno. This was something from the early days of TL and most people don't use red text after they are told it's main purpose. Also, guessing it's hard to limit it to staff only since it's BBcode and all.

I've used red text dozens of times in the last few years.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-21 19:28:16
March 21 2019 19:28 GMT
#61030
Tbh I don't think any mod (except for BigFan) gives warnings for red text. Everyone else only gives warnings for imitating mod text and so on, so the vast vast majority of user wouldn't know the rule about not using red text.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-21 20:00:23
March 21 2019 19:58 GMT
#61031
On March 22 2019 02:31 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2019 01:27 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

But...why can we non-mods use it then? That was his question.

Probably because that's the way it got programmed and they figured most people would just follow a basic rule? Dunno. This was something from the early days of TL and most people don't use red text after they are told it's main purpose. Also, guessing it's hard to limit it to staff only since it's BBcode and all.

Ah, sorry, did forget or miss the rule. Thanks for the answer!

Edit> To be fair, some of my posts very IMO over the line so the warn is probably earner even without red color. Sometimes my anger flows through me and I swim with the current
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-21 23:38:39
March 21 2019 19:59 GMT
#61032
We've always warned for impersonating moderation text. It's really not a big deal. We don't hold it against anyone in their mod notes or anything like that.

Yes, I'm sure there are instances where we overlooked it or didn't see it, but in general red text is reserved for mod actions and we had confusion about this in the past. No big deal
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 21 2019 20:06 GMT
#61033
On March 22 2019 04:58 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2019 02:31 BigFan wrote:
On March 22 2019 01:27 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
On March 22 2019 00:07 BigFan wrote:
On March 21 2019 20:35 deacon.frost wrote:
Don't use red text please.


Why can we use the red color then? No offense intended, I'm really curious.(also I am now fighting the temptation to make this in red but I am stronk! )

Anyway, gotcha, will stop it and use only green for JAGW
(I'll also stop responding to that thread because of obvious reasons)

Edit> While this is not a ban I don't think this should be taken into feedback or something, this is just me being curious and I believe this is the best thread to ask the question

Red is used only for moderation purposes, aka to write warnings or bans etc...

But...why can we non-mods use it then? That was his question.

Probably because that's the way it got programmed and they figured most people would just follow a basic rule? Dunno. This was something from the early days of TL and most people don't use red text after they are told it's main purpose. Also, guessing it's hard to limit it to staff only since it's BBcode and all.

Ah, sorry, did forget or miss the rule. Thanks for the answer!

Edit> To be fair, some of my posts very IMO over the line so the warn is probably earner even without red color. Sometimes my anger flows through me and I swim with the current

I didn't see anything that was over the line from you in that MacSed thread. That thread is an emotional thread after all since it's a heavy topic. Of course, containing your emotions and aiming to post rationally is always a good thing. IMO, if a subject is getting really emotional, taking a step back is a good idea.

As for the red text, much like KBB mentioned, it's not a major thing. I guess it's like an unwritten rule which is why yourself and other posters were unaware of it. No need to apologize either since this isn't really a major infraction, thus it was a simple warning.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
March 22 2019 00:05 GMT
#61034
Red text is allowed. Mimicking mod statements is not allowed. I hope that clears up any confusion.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
March 22 2019 00:39 GMT
#61035
Green Text is reserved for me, though.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
March 22 2019 01:17 GMT
#61036
There definitely needs to be support for invisitext though. That's the most important staple of coloured text.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
March 22 2019 01:44 GMT
#61037
You'll have to rely on subtext instead, I'm afraid.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
March 22 2019 17:08 GMT
#61038
On March 22 2019 10:44 Danglars wrote:
You'll have to rely on subtext instead, I'm afraid.


Hah that involves putting effort into posts.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 28 2019 18:32 GMT
#61039
--- Nuked ---
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 05 2019 23:12 GMT
#61040
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 91
BRAT_OK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5017
Bisu 1937
Soulkey 1631
EffOrt 862
Mini 624
Horang2 395
Larva 368
ZerO 354
ggaemo 254
actioN 243
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 110
Mind 92
sorry 90
hero 75
Shinee 68
Sharp 67
Sea.KH 64
Barracks 61
Snow 50
Pusan 49
Hyun 40
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 22
NaDa 21
Rock 18
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5439
qojqva2590
Dendi1297
420jenkins293
League of Legends
Reynor61
Counter-Strike
fl0m3288
Fnx 682
x6flipin448
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes389
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1263
hiko1011
B2W.Neo407
DeMusliM334
XBOCT241
FrodaN210
Liquid`VortiX200
Livibee153
QueenE112
TKL 59
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV104
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 77
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV630
League of Legends
• Nemesis3840
• TFBlade720
Other Games
• Shiphtur471
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 53m
Patches Events
23h 53m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.