• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8909 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1014

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
May 02 2012 00:37 GMT
#20261
On May 02 2012 09:35 kerpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

fencing is super badass. well... fencing sabre is awesome, the other two are alright i guess.

Too fast. T_T

Like ZvZ
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
kerpal
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom2695 Posts
May 02 2012 00:42 GMT
#20262
On May 02 2012 09:37 Fencer710 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:35 kerpal wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

fencing is super badass. well... fencing sabre is awesome, the other two are alright i guess.

Too fast. T_T

Like ZvZ

One of these days i'm gonna write a blog about the similarities between sabre and starcraft. There are a hilarious number of parallels.

I think the rage in sc would be helped alot if people had to salute before and shake hands after.
+ Show Spoiler +
that, and the fact that you're always a little more polite to someone holding a sword!
Pillage
Profile Joined July 2011
United States804 Posts
May 02 2012 00:43 GMT
#20263
Its the same orb nonsense all over again. I honestly wish the redditors would just STFU and let quantic/sponsors take action. They're the ones that are causing most of the trouble anyways...
"Power has no limits." -Tiberius
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
May 02 2012 00:44 GMT
#20264
On May 02 2012 09:42 kerpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:37 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:35 kerpal wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
[quote]

Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

fencing is super badass. well... fencing sabre is awesome, the other two are alright i guess.

Too fast. T_T

Like ZvZ

One of these days i'm gonna write a blog about the similarities between sabre and starcraft. There are a hilarious number of parallels.

I think the rage in sc would be helped alot if people had to salute before and shake hands after.
+ Show Spoiler +
that, and the fact that you're always a little more polite to someone holding a sword!
gl hf, and gg.

People just take that for granted :<
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
May 02 2012 00:50 GMT
#20265
On May 02 2012 09:43 Pillage wrote:
Its the same orb nonsense all over again. I honestly wish the redditors would just STFU and let quantic/sponsors take action. They're the ones that are causing most of the trouble anyways...


Actually, I thought the Orb shit was worse. At least the guy in question with Destiny made his complaint known when it happened, instead of some dick with a grudge digging through god-knows-how-old Orb replays.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
May 02 2012 00:50 GMT
#20266
The quality of discussion has reached its peak:

On May 02 2012 09:45 Picklebread wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:43 FlamingForce wrote:


Why?

Why not? :/

✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 02 2012 00:51 GMT
#20267
oh tl.net modding getting a shoutout on ITG~!

djwheat shut it down.... weak sauce.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
May 02 2012 00:53 GMT
#20268
On May 02 2012 09:51 dAPhREAk wrote:
oh tl.net modding getting a shoutout on ITG~!

djwheat shut it down.... weak sauce.


Well, because he doesn't want to turn his show into someone shitting on tl mod staff. He put it best:

Its TL, its their site, we as users are guests, we abide by the rules. If we don't TL does what they want because thats the thing.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
May 02 2012 00:54 GMT
#20269
Oh Destiny T-T
"En taro adun, Executor."
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 00:59:33
May 02 2012 00:58 GMT
#20270
On May 02 2012 09:51 dAPhREAk wrote:
oh tl.net modding getting a shoutout on ITG~!

djwheat shut it down.... weak sauce.


i think you mean call out?


On May 02 2012 09:54 Chriscras wrote:
Oh Destiny T-T


im sure he will show he gives 0 fucks by not mentioning how he was banned by nazi mods 100 times in the next 3 days on his stream...
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 02 2012 01:03 GMT
#20271
Holy shit. When did Nyovne make such a huge comeback? :D
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Pillage
Profile Joined July 2011
United States804 Posts
May 02 2012 01:04 GMT
#20272
On May 02 2012 10:03 SeeKeR wrote:
Holy shit. When did Nyovne make such a huge comeback? :D


Only a few days ago he came back with a vengeance.
"Power has no limits." -Tiberius
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 02 2012 01:07 GMT
#20273
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
May 02 2012 01:08 GMT
#20274
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...


Toast Burns Black. *mood bangs, downcast look at my feet*
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
kerpal
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom2695 Posts
May 02 2012 01:10 GMT
#20275
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...

I loved your claim earlier that Toast was ambiguous, referring either to a toast (like at a banquet) or some kind for cooked bread.

Seriously, it's bread EVERY time for me. I feel like i should accompany this with a poll now, but i'd hate to be that guy...
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 01:13:57
May 02 2012 01:13 GMT
#20276
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

The game is actually Majesty. It's a great game, you might check it out. It's like $5 on amazon at the moment. When I was 3 I had more of a taste for fantasy than sci-fi.

I've also never heard of those games you're talking about.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
May 02 2012 01:16 GMT
#20277
On May 02 2012 10:10 kerpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
[quote]

Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...

I loved your claim earlier that Toast was ambiguous, referring either to a toast (like at a banquet) or some kind for cooked bread.

Seriously, it's bread EVERY time for me. I feel like i should accompany this with a poll now, but i'd hate to be that guy...


Same here. It's all bread.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174311&currentpage=48#943
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
May 02 2012 01:21 GMT
#20278
On May 02 2012 10:10 kerpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
[quote]

Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...

I loved your claim earlier that Toast was ambiguous, referring either to a toast (like at a banquet) or some kind for cooked bread.

Seriously, it's bread EVERY time for me. I feel like i should accompany this with a poll now, but i'd hate to be that guy...

Poll: TheToast

Toast at breakfast (25)
 
96%

Toast at banquet (1)
 
4%

26 total votes

Your vote: TheToast

(Vote): Toast at banquet
(Vote): Toast at breakfast



...i never even realized toast = at banquet
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 01:24:00
May 02 2012 01:23 GMT
#20279
On May 02 2012 10:10 kerpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
[quote]

Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...

I loved your claim earlier that Toast was ambiguous, referring either to a toast (like at a banquet) or some kind for cooked bread.

Seriously, it's bread EVERY time for me. I feel like i should accompany this with a poll now, but i'd hate to be that guy...


It's not ambiguous. It's.... mysterious.

On May 02 2012 10:13 Fencer710 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
Scootaloo was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2012-01-11 03:48:32 and had 73 posts.

Reason: You were warned today about being such a supremely annoying and condescending jerk when engaging in a discussion. Please stop.


Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

The game is actually Majesty. It's a great game, you might check it out. It's like $5 on amazon at the moment. When I was 3 I had more of a taste for fantasy than sci-fi.

I've also never heard of those games you're talking about.


+ Show Spoiler [Stuff not even remotely related to bans] +
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember hearing about that game. I have so many games to play as it is, I can't justify buying anymore right now. Speaking of fantasy strategy games, I never even beat Age of Wonders II... Oh, and Battle Realms was from 2001, underwhelmed reviewers quite a bit when it came out. It used a unit training system similar to Populous: The Beginning (if you're a bullfrog fan), but the campaign was short and kind of dumb and it just disappeared. Really cool art style and gameplay mechanics though. Warzone 2100 for whatever reason never took off. Was actually a pretty fun RTS game for 2000, units were made of modular parts and you could design and build like hundreds of different ones. Huge tech tree though. Anyway the former developer Pumpkin studios released it as a free open source game years back, you can get it and a bunch of mods and stuff off source forge now.


Btw, please note that I've been back for less than three hours and already this thread has careened completely off topic. Lol.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
May 02 2012 01:30 GMT
#20280
On May 02 2012 10:23 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 10:10 kerpal wrote:
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
[quote]

Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

On May 02 2012 09:34 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
[quote]
flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
[quote]
I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.



Come on Toast, you should have known better. 16 year old gamers are moody and use names that reflect that

(At one point I was Dark_Thoughts ... O.O those days :S)

I use my real name more often than not for a while but then decided I wanted a monicker and picked my favourite boss from my favourite classic SNES game. Few people get it, I think I'm getting old and others are too young.


See, I've always been something Toast related, and I'm just as emo now as I ever was...

I loved your claim earlier that Toast was ambiguous, referring either to a toast (like at a banquet) or some kind for cooked bread.

Seriously, it's bread EVERY time for me. I feel like i should accompany this with a poll now, but i'd hate to be that guy...


It's not ambiguous. It's.... mysterious.

Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 10:13 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 10:07 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:31 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 09:28 TheToast wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:40 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:39 GMarshal wrote:
Interesting ban going down.


tease

Destiny was just temp banned for 30 days by motbob.

That account was created on 2009-05-21 06:06:54 and had 190 posts.

Reason: There are two aspects to this ban.

The first has to do with the complete lack of respect that you have shown members of this community, including mods, during the discussion in the "Racial Slurs" thread. In that thread, if someone else's opinion did not correspond with your own, you seemed incapable of accepting that that opinion might have any merit at all. In addition, you used language and "4chan-isms" that would have gotten anyone banned many times over.

The second has to do with your opinion that words like "nigger" and "gook" are OK to use, as long as they are used in the correct context; that is, a non-racist context. This is a view that you repeatedly expressed in the thread, and one that you have expressed on other sites and on SC2 talk shows. It is an opinion that is incompatible with the values of this community.

To be clear, you are not being banned for holding that view, per se. The fact that you expressed it repeatedly on TL, and the manner in which you expressed it, is the reason for this ban.

Note to the TL community: this ban was made after a discussion involving multiple TL mods and admins. Though I am listed as the mod banning Destiny, it was a collective decision.

after all the shit he said to intrigue, this was well deserved.


Not at all surprising. Nazgul made it pretty clear when Idra was temped for 90 days that while certain people get more leniency, the TL staff still isn't going to take that crap from anyone.

Not to mention, if you wouldn't say something aloud IRL then you have no place posting it on TL. Just because it's 'de internetz' doesn't make it okay. TL is supposed to be better than 'de internetz'. I've said before I don't like Destiny, and this whole situation just made my feelings stronger. His behavior and attitude is extremely immature; unfortunately I'm sure that's exactly why he has so many fans....

On May 02 2012 09:00 Fencer710 wrote:
On May 02 2012 08:32 TheToast wrote:
[image loading]

:D :D :D :D


Anyway, to catch up on the last few days:

On April 30 2012 11:23 p4NDemik wrote:
Damn I was gonna gallery this thread right before 1000, see what would've happened. I knew I should have postponed dinner.


I would've had a heart attack lol. Happy bday btw!

On April 30 2012 11:43 bkrow wrote:
TheToast's post was one of the best things i have ever seen haha if you are going to go, you may as well do it with a bang!

He covered the spread and ensured a grilling!


Glad you enjoyed it I spent a deceptively long time on it lol. Anyway, it was fun to give you all a glimpse of what goes on inside my head 24/7.

On April 30 2012 12:28 OpticalShot wrote:
Toast, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are), you are definitely a hero.

A hero TL deserves, but not the one it needs right now...


Now we've both gotten our place in TL history lol.

On May 01 2012 01:19 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Damn. The one night I end up going straight to bed instead of jumping online.


You lied!!!! Everyone on page 1000 was supposed to get banned! Bah, if you can't trust a crazy teletubby who tried to kill his brethren, who can you trust?

On May 01 2012 09:44 TehTemplar wrote:
wait people got to post on page 1000 without being banned?? what is this I don't even

Mwahahah!!
TheToast's ban made me feel all toasty inside, it sliced up all the opposition and gave us an appetite for more!


Pretty sure this has run its course (finally) lol.

On April 30 2012 10:41 Synwave wrote:
I used to follow this thread for interesting bans, learning how not to post, and various humor reasons.
It has become an IRC chat channel and it isn't worth following anymore.
Cheers to the spammers that have ruined one of the longest lived most interesting threads on TL.


Ugh, it's a thread on a video game forum not the Louver. Lighten up. :/

On May 01 2012 23:57 flamewheel wrote:
On April 30 2012 13:05 Man with a Plan wrote:
On April 30 2012 12:58 flamewheel wrote:
lol

flamewheel, whay happened! I thought you were gonna run away with the ABL 1000!

no wanna get b&


I recall you saying you couldn't be banned, now you admit you can? Moar lies!!!! If you can't trust a flaming pony...


On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


I got the image in my head from Ghostbusters 2 where vigo comes out of the painting O.O

On May 02 2012 01:33 Deleuze wrote:
On May 02 2012 01:30 Nyovne wrote:
That topic went so bad they had to wake me from my slumber and made me rise out of the Pit.


My god, and with half the ABL temp-banned.... They really must be kicking themselves for missing this.


Eh, what's there to miss. Plexa and R1ch denied Nyovne from sniping an entire page on the ABL list, so really nothing important happened. Actually, I didn't mind being banned during this mess. That way I wasn't tempted to wade into that mess of a thread. I first saw the thread when it was on like page 9, had I not been banned, I would've spent the last 6 hours yelling at people pointlessly since I'm sure that besides the mods there are probably like 10 people who've actually read through the entire thing.

No, I just sat there at lunch today eating my doritos reading through Destiny flaming Intrigue and Incontrol arguing with idiots.

On May 02 2012 03:28 tree.hugger wrote:
On May 02 2012 03:01 Slardar wrote:
People who are uneducated about Destiny's stream/behavior on a daily basis are now suddenly raising pitchforks? What is most surprising is, this isn't even front page on SC Reddit....honestly that thread should just get closed. Making more problems than it could ever hope to solve.

I disagree, I think it's good that we have these discussions.


You're post in there was really good, it's a shame everyone ignored it. I think the dislike of Destiny and issues with the things he says has been brewing for a while, this incident just brought it all to the surface at once. Better late then never. I'm interested to see what the admins decide as far as his stream goes.




On May 02 2012 08:13 Motbob is great wrote:
Hey everyone, I'd like everyone to take a moment to marvel at what a wonderful individual Motbob is!

Isn't Motbob looking fine today?


Hello.... Cokefreak?

<3 TheToast.

You missed my post:

On April 30 2012 14:26 Fencer710 wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 24 2012 04:28 Iplaythings wrote:
On April 24 2012 03:55 TheToast wrote:
[quote]

Seriously? Again? If this guy gets that username permed from TL, I am going to be extremely unhappy.

Also, I miss my DT

I miss being a goliath dearly, but lordy was that a long time ago

Also, reading your post I'm curious how old you think I am based on that


Given that your nick doesn't contain any l337sp34k, pointless capitalization, pointless numbers, sex jokes, racial jokes, or "sc2"; I would say you've been into the PC gamining community since the early 2000s at least. You're also at least 20 years old.

-edit: I don't necessarily mean the BW community, but rather that you've been playing PC games and in some way following the PC gaming community since the early 2000s.

Wow, cool. What would you think of me?

Sorry for quoting an older post, but I'm really curious. I also do know that you're temp banned and won't be able to respond. >.>

I'm still curious.


The lack of crazy capitalization, 1337 speak, and sexual or poop references leads me to believe you've been into PC gaming for a while. Though the random numbers after your name and the fact that you still name yourself after what I am assuming is your real hobby, I'd say it's not been too long. I'd say you've been into PC gaming since the mid 2000s. 2005 at the most?
m
Age is more difficult. If I had to take a guess, I'd say between 16 and 19, probably more on the younger side of that.


-edit: Btw, you guys realize I'm now up to four temp bans? Lol, next CM incoming :D :D

Close. I used to fence, but changed my user to 'Fencar' on most things, though I can't change it on TL. I really like the number 710 for some reason, and my character code got changed to that when I changed my in-game name.

As for age and when I started gaming, I've been gaming since -2000, but am only 14 years old. Go figure.

EDIT: Can you guess my first video game? Hint: It's RTS, but not a standard RTS.


Damn. Well I wasn't too far off. I knew you'd been gaming for a while far longer than SC2 has been out anyway. Otherwise your name would be vxXF3nS3r712Xxv. But I knew you weren't college age, otherwise you would have dropped the "710" by now. First game? Hell, I don't even remember what was out in 2000. *goes to wikipedia* Wtf, Homeworld cataclysm was 2000?? Fuck I feel old. Idk, Warzone 2100 (okay game, you know it's open source now?), or maybe Battlerealms? (decent design, but terrible campaign)

The game is actually Majesty. It's a great game, you might check it out. It's like $5 on amazon at the moment. When I was 3 I had more of a taste for fantasy than sci-fi.

I've also never heard of those games you're talking about.


+ Show Spoiler [Stuff not even remotely related to bans] +
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember hearing about that game. I have so many games to play as it is, I can't justify buying anymore right now. Speaking of fantasy strategy games, I never even beat Age of Wonders II... Oh, and Battle Realms was from 2001, underwhelmed reviewers quite a bit when it came out. It used a unit training system similar to Populous: The Beginning (if you're a bullfrog fan), but the campaign was short and kind of dumb and it just disappeared. Really cool art style and gameplay mechanics though. Warzone 2100 for whatever reason never took off. Was actually a pretty fun RTS game for 2000, units were made of modular parts and you could design and build like hundreds of different ones. Huge tech tree though. Anyway the former developer Pumpkin studios released it as a free open source game years back, you can get it and a bunch of mods and stuff off source forge now.


Btw, please note that I've been back for less than three hours and already this thread has careened completely off topic. Lol.

OK, then.

Something I found interesting:
TheFutile was just banned by Nyovne.

That account was created on 2012-05-02 04:31:42 and had 0 posts.

Reason: I spy with my 15 inch black rubber banhammer a previously banned user.
I didn't know banhammers were black and made of rubber. 0.o

Do different mods use different kinds of hammers? Maybe steel or wood?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Prev 1 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft363
Nina 151
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14272
firebathero 116
Hyuk 56
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
febbydoto96
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5456
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2195
JimRising 479
mouzStarbuck426
KnowMe223
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1157
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 44m
INu's Battles
12h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 44m
Replay Cast
23h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.