• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:36
CEST 07:36
KST 14:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9579 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 789 Next
Please, if you are not staff, don't answer questions in this thread, even if you think you know the answer.

Also, please take complains about bans, question about TL as a site, etc to the Website Feedback Forum.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 14 2011 04:02 GMT
#1041
What is swanized stance on broom ball?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 06:33:16
December 14 2011 06:32 GMT
#1042
Never thought Ill actually ask something here...

How do you guys tell people they've been chosen as mods? Do they just log in one day and realize TL is full of flying monkeys with a sign that says surprise!? Do you guys send an actual flying monkey to his house? Is it a long PM like a declaration of knighthood? An irc/msn/TS meeting?

I realize most of the staffs know each other in person or talk frequently through msn/irc but Id like to think theres some mystic in it. Maybe make him choose a pill ala neo.

Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
December 14 2011 08:07 GMT
#1043
what happened to the power rankings? Can't seem to find them. T_T
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
December 14 2011 08:40 GMT
#1044
On December 14 2011 15:32 skindzer wrote:
Never thought Ill actually ask something here...

How do you guys tell people they've been chosen as mods? Do they just log in one day and realize TL is full of flying monkeys with a sign that says surprise!? Do you guys send an actual flying monkey to his house? Is it a long PM like a declaration of knighthood? An irc/msn/TS meeting?

I realize most of the staffs know each other in person or talk frequently through msn/irc but Id like to think theres some mystic in it. Maybe make him choose a pill ala neo.


It's more like a conscription notice than anything else...
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 14 2011 11:54 GMT
#1045
On December 14 2011 15:32 skindzer wrote:
How do you guys tell people they've been chosen as mods? Do they just log in one day and realize TL is full of flying monkeys with a sign that says surprise!?

This is what happened to me back then. Nobody told me. I was about to make a thread in Website Feedback about all the new stuff on the site before I realized I was actually staffed.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 14 2011 12:00 GMT
#1046
On December 13 2011 15:01 BobTheLob wrote:
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)

Suit jackets.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
December 14 2011 13:25 GMT
#1047
I wonder what are the rules when it comes to people asking for help for a non-starcraft thing.

Because, recently, the community, including myself, has helped Glider win his contest. I understand why, and I'm glad we did it. And it has currently the last three featured entries on TL.

A few months ago, I uploaded a bunch of replays for Skillcraft, which also received help by getting featured.

And yesterday, I was surfing reddit and there was this guy with a very interesting project on what we do with scouting as Zerg, did the survey, which was actually very interesting, and asked him why the hell didn't he ask on TL. Well, it seems that his thread was closed.

I'm not here to cause a shitstorm (otherwise, I would have opened a new thread and put caps everywhere), just asking what are the rules on this kind of stuff. I understand that you cannot allow anyone to ask for help ("I need to make a project on XXX. Do it for me plz", "My business teacher wants me to make a survey. I'm lazy. Here are the questions...") but in this particular case, I really fail to see what good would come of blocking his thread. I mean, I even enjoyed doing the stuff as a starcraft player!
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
December 14 2011 15:22 GMT
#1048
where is the report button?
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
December 14 2011 15:30 GMT
#1049
On December 14 2011 15:32 skindzer wrote:
Never thought Ill actually ask something here...

How do you guys tell people they've been chosen as mods? Do they just log in one day and realize TL is full of flying monkeys with a sign that says surprise!? Do you guys send an actual flying monkey to his house? Is it a long PM like a declaration of knighthood? An irc/msn/TS meeting?

I realize most of the staffs know each other in person or talk frequently through msn/irc but Id like to think theres some mystic in it. Maybe make him choose a pill ala neo.


For the banling wave a set of PMs were sent out to prospective banlings offering them the position. I was away in a field doing army training when they were sent so I didn't get mine and PMed hot_bid about it a few weeks later. Relatively mundane.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
December 15 2011 00:03 GMT
#1050
On December 15 2011 00:22 theBALLS wrote:
where is the report button?


[image loading]

Only people with the privileges can report someone, and you can't report a Staff member.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
December 15 2011 00:10 GMT
#1051
He can't see it because he hasn't been a member long enough. You need to have had your account for at least one year before gaining the use of the report link. In the mean time if you see something that is clearly objectionable and gos against TL standards I'd suggest you look at the closed threads to see which moderator is currently online and PM them.
Moderator
BobTheLob
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-15 04:17:20
December 15 2011 02:33 GMT
#1052
this is more of a personal question but what is the extent of your post secondary education? (university collage ect)

EDIT: for the writes/mods/translators
BobTheLob Lurker extraordinaire
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
December 15 2011 03:49 GMT
#1053
On December 15 2011 11:33 BobTheLob wrote:
this is more of a personal question but what is the extent of your post secondary education? (university collage ect)


There's a wide spectrum considering how there's a couple hundred TL Staff of varying ages and experiences. Ranging from being still in high school to graduate level studies. So it depends on who you're asking about?
TranslatorBaa!
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-15 09:56:13
December 15 2011 09:55 GMT
#1054
On December 15 2011 11:33 BobTheLob wrote:
this is more of a personal question but what is the extent of your post secondary education? (university collage ect)

EDIT: for the writes/mods/translators

I'm in my last year of Software Engineering (honours).

i have no writing qualifications or experience whatsoever
moreover i got a B- for english in grade 12 ^_^ (that was 7 years ago now lol)
Writer
DocX
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3 Posts
December 15 2011 19:00 GMT
#1055
Might be a stupid question, or more along the lines of a request but I'm new to the site in the sense that I just now want to get further into the community because I think it's something very unique and fun. Is there a post or some sort of guideline for new posters to the content of the site and what it all means? I enjoy playing SC2 and have just started to really get into it, I find myself watching the streams on the website for hours.

Sorry rambling now, is there an easy navigation for new members to find what they need?
live free or die
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
December 15 2011 19:06 GMT
#1056
On December 16 2011 04:00 DocX wrote:
Might be a stupid question, or more along the lines of a request but I'm new to the site in the sense that I just now want to get further into the community because I think it's something very unique and fun. Is there a post or some sort of guideline for new posters to the content of the site and what it all means? I enjoy playing SC2 and have just started to really get into it, I find myself watching the streams on the website for hours.

Sorry rambling now, is there an easy navigation for new members to find what they need?

Try perusing some of this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=269873
Moderator
Heff87
Profile Joined November 2011
United States106 Posts
December 15 2011 19:25 GMT
#1057
Curious as to the amount of time on average the staff spends actively on TL (either browsing, posting, banning, tech support, etc). I figure most of the staff has TL open close to 24/7, but just wondering how much time they sink into help keeping TL afloat each day. Thanks!
VGTA
DocX
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3 Posts
December 15 2011 19:30 GMT
#1058
On December 16 2011 04:06 semioldguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2011 04:00 DocX wrote:
Might be a stupid question, or more along the lines of a request but I'm new to the site in the sense that I just now want to get further into the community because I think it's something very unique and fun. Is there a post or some sort of guideline for new posters to the content of the site and what it all means? I enjoy playing SC2 and have just started to really get into it, I find myself watching the streams on the website for hours.

Sorry rambling now, is there an easy navigation for new members to find what they need?

Try perusing some of this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=269873

Ahh thanks a lot! Just what I was looking for, cheers!
live free or die
Deezl
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States355 Posts
December 15 2011 19:34 GMT
#1059
TL is my homepage on my phone now, so I check it a few times a day at work/around to see what other writers are putting out and if there's anything cool going on in the community forums.

I'd imagine the mid tier of 'management' reads a lot of TL but keeps a closer eye on their MSN, twitter and the live event schedule.
Three hundred lives of men I have walked this world, and now I have no time.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
December 15 2011 19:54 GMT
#1060
On December 15 2011 09:03 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2011 00:22 theBALLS wrote:
where is the report button?


[image loading]

Only people with the privileges can report someone, and you can't report a Staff member.

why is there no report button on caucasianasian? there is also not one on mods and staff. related?
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 789 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 297
Mind 64
Bale 29
Icarus 10
ZergMaN 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm215
League of Legends
JimRising 771
Other Games
summit1g7486
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft636
C9.Mang0304
Sick141
febbydoto12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush1159
Other Games
• Shiphtur590
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.