• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:36
CEST 07:36
KST 14:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9563 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 52

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 789 Next
Please, if you are not staff, don't answer questions in this thread, even if you think you know the answer.

Also, please take complains about bans, question about TL as a site, etc to the Website Feedback Forum.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
December 12 2011 21:25 GMT
#1021
On December 13 2011 06:11 Roberi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 01:22 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:55 urashimakt wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.

Not possible. Put the text you want into the image and then make the image background blend into the post background so you don't have to upload a new image everytime you change the text.

Edit: Basically make a header image that you never change that looks like it's a background image.

Alright, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I don't understand. If I put my text in a saved image file with the same background color as TL posts I'd have to make a new one every time. Something like this (I won't steal the great artists's work) is what I'm thinking about, with Repeat:Y or something. And then the ability to edit regular post text on top of that.

Sorry for being a moron, thanks for your patience.

Right. So my suggestion is that you make a heading that you never update the text on. Like "Welcome to the Throrzain fanclub. Background about Thorzain is... " You make the background of this a horizontal gradient, top being whatever colour, bottom being the TL background. That way when you get to the area that you have to update with text, it's now just the normal TL textbox. It won't have a background image like you want, but it will flow together well at least. I think that's the best TL can offer.
Moderator
Roberi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden347 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 21:40:22
December 12 2011 21:30 GMT
#1022
On December 13 2011 06:24 SonuvBob wrote:
It takes a mod edit to allow HTML, so to have an actual background image you'd need a mod to edit it every time you made a change.

(It's actually possible for a mod to edit CSS into another post on the page to change the background of every post on that page, but I don't think it's possible at the moment to change just the OP's. It could be done with a minor tweak to the code, but it's not exactly a high priority :p)

Ah, I see, that's what I suspected. No worries, I'll make it pretty anyways. Thanks again for your answers!

Edit:
On December 13 2011 06:25 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 06:11 Roberi wrote:
On December 13 2011 01:22 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:55 urashimakt wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.

Not possible. Put the text you want into the image and then make the image background blend into the post background so you don't have to upload a new image everytime you change the text.

Edit: Basically make a header image that you never change that looks like it's a background image.

Alright, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I don't understand. If I put my text in a saved image file with the same background color as TL posts I'd have to make a new one every time. Something like this (I won't steal the great artists's work) is what I'm thinking about, with Repeat:Y or something. And then the ability to edit regular post text on top of that.

Sorry for being a moron, thanks for your patience.

Right. So my suggestion is that you make a heading that you never update the text on. Like "Welcome to the Throrzain fanclub. Background about Thorzain is... " You make the background of this a horizontal gradient, top being whatever colour, bottom being the TL background. That way when you get to the area that you have to update with text, it's now just the normal TL textbox. It won't have a background image like you want, but it will flow together well at least. I think that's the best TL can offer.

Now I finally get it. That's a good idea and a fine way of going about it. Thanks again!
A fan of ThorZaIN, MorroW, NaNiwa and SaSe. Sweden Fighting! /// @rob_eri
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
December 12 2011 22:03 GMT
#1023
On December 12 2011 14:25 Steel wrote:
Hello TL staff.

I was wondering how you chose stuff to write about.

For example, shortly after the groundbreaking GSL finals (It's an understatement to say that was the best series every played which shows how truly amazing the future of SC2 looks) I was expecting an article underlying those very facts.

Generally though, seems like there's a lot of previews and very few articles outlying what actually happen and the impact on the scene. Sure there's a lot of talk shows, but I like reading...especially reading you guys.


First thing: our EiC Waxangel is the best guy to answer this but since the question is open to all staff I'll throw in my two cents.

The way I see it, TL tries to put out the best and most comprehensive professional StarCraft coverage, period. I mean, we don't try, we DO, and this requires a lot of people spending a lot of time and passion on stuff like specific tournament coverage (of which there is so, so much in SC2). While this approach is limited, it still finds room for critical analysis of the StarCraft scene. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for in "impact on the scene" but looking at our recent and relevant news items, in my opinion the http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=290868 and all of our SC:BW coverage takes "impact on the scene" into account.

To be honest, most talk shows, while all good and entertaining, all rehash the same content with different opinions. In the talk show format this works, because that's what a talk show is all about. A "news article" however is not really the right space for brazen opinions or speculations, and shouldn't deal with trivial albeit exciting topics. The closest we get to that kind of strongly opinionated content is in TLFEs and op-eds, which aren't that common. But I'm not even sure if that's what you want more of, either.

On December 12 2011 20:35 IMBAkorean wrote:
Since there is so much talks about bw players switching to sc2, who are the tl staffs favourite bw players?


-->Bisu<-- followed by Jaedong. Everyone else is more or less the same.
KTY
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
December 13 2011 02:25 GMT
#1024
just because pl writers are bisu/skt fans doesnt mean all staff are. there are fans of everybody including the best #1 most incredible player of all time and indisputable badass, flash
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
December 13 2011 03:28 GMT
#1025
On December 13 2011 11:25 Antoine wrote:
just because pl writers are bisu/skt fans doesnt mean all staff are. there are fans of everybody including the best #1 most incredible player of all time and indisputable badass, flash

hahahahahaha KT fan
Writer
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
December 13 2011 03:31 GMT
#1026
I was just wondering, how come the TL staff went so light on the bans? I understand sc2 brought a lot of people along but there's still a lot of people that deserve to go away.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
December 13 2011 05:40 GMT
#1027
On December 13 2011 12:31 K3Nyy wrote:
I was just wondering, how come the TL staff went so light on the bans? I understand sc2 brought a lot of people along but there's still a lot of people that deserve to go away.

There will always be people that need to go away - but a community like this needs to grow; can't just go all rambo and bans people by the thounsands so they never come back :p although i do love watching Nyovne go ban-crazy

I personally think the moderation on this site is responsive, fair and appropriate
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
BobTheLob
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada362 Posts
December 13 2011 06:01 GMT
#1028
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)
BobTheLob Lurker extraordinaire
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 06:08:06
December 13 2011 06:07 GMT
#1029
On December 13 2011 15:01 BobTheLob wrote:
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)


Comfortable D:

Also if I'm in my room I usually just wear a pair of boxers and nothing else.
Moderator
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 13 2011 06:34 GMT
#1030
On December 13 2011 15:07 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 15:01 BobTheLob wrote:
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)


Comfortable D:

Also if I'm in my room I usually just wear a pair of boxers and nothing else.

Boxers only so the way to go. 30 degrees outside 80 degrees inside. No problem.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
December 13 2011 06:40 GMT
#1031
So bad for the environment, though
Moderator
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
December 13 2011 07:21 GMT
#1032
Hello Admins,

I had hell of a time looking for you, as you seem to come when I don't need you but I can't find you when I need your help =).

I just have one question:

Is there a way for me to change my nickname on TL.net without losing my account or creating a new one?

Thanks in advance.
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
December 13 2011 08:03 GMT
#1033
On December 13 2011 16:21 ReiKo wrote:
Hello Admins,

I had hell of a time looking for you, as you seem to come when I don't need you but I can't find you when I need your help =).

I just have one question:

Is there a way for me to change my nickname on TL.net without losing my account or creating a new one?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3398
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
December 13 2011 09:13 GMT
#1034
On December 13 2011 15:01 BobTheLob wrote:
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)


Hoodies \o/
TranslatorBaa!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
December 13 2011 12:04 GMT
#1035
REQUESTING ASSISTANCE!!!

The BlizzCup Group B thread is falling into a complete shitstorm...

We need moderators please....!!!!

Pholon is doing a great job but we need mroe!!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 13:03:21
December 13 2011 12:54 GMT
#1036
On December 13 2011 21:04 Seeker wrote:
REQUESTING ASSISTANCE!!!

The BlizzCup Group B thread is falling into a complete shitstorm...

We need moderators please....!!!!

Pholon is doing a great job but we need mroe!!!


Report the perpetrators and they shall come.

Ontopic:

If you could challenge one pro-gamer to play a sport* of your choice against, who would it be and what sport? Do you think you would win?

*Or competition, e.g a hotdog eating contest is a valid choice.
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
December 13 2011 19:11 GMT
#1037
Not a mod, but I would challenge Flash to a losing competition in BW. I'd either win, or be able to say I beat Flash in BW afterwards. Win-Win. :p
you gotta dance
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
December 14 2011 02:13 GMT
#1038
I'd challenge bisu to a beauty pagent.


just to see bisu all dolled up
Writer
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
December 14 2011 03:35 GMT
#1039
On December 13 2011 15:01 BobTheLob wrote:
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)


shirts
Writer
BobTheLob
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 03:43:51
December 14 2011 03:43 GMT
#1040
why are the writers moods all and
On December 14 2011 12:35 swanized wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 15:01 BobTheLob wrote:
what's your favourite type of clothing( like pullovers/sweaters jeans/sweats)


shirts
just shirts you don't like wearing pants 0.o
BobTheLob Lurker extraordinaire
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 789 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 297
Mind 64
Bale 29
Icarus 10
ZergMaN 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm215
League of Legends
JimRising 771
Other Games
summit1g7486
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft636
C9.Mang0304
Sick141
febbydoto12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush1159
Other Games
• Shiphtur590
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.