• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:30
CEST 04:30
KST 11:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9502 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 51

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 789 Next
Please, if you are not staff, don't answer questions in this thread, even if you think you know the answer.

Also, please take complains about bans, question about TL as a site, etc to the Website Feedback Forum.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
December 11 2011 23:10 GMT
#1001
On December 12 2011 07:43 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 02:40 zul wrote:
The World Cyber Games end today and all of a sudden I realise TL.net had no frontpage coverage for this event. Can anyone explain why you guys choose not to make a noticeable coverage for the one tournament that used to mean everything for the SC Community. I don`t want to flame anyone (nor make a sarcastic comment), but I really wonder why this happened (or not happened :> )

thanks.

My personal view, coming as an individual poster who has not looked into the subject rather than as staff, is that WCG is and always was shit. We put up with it as bw fans because it was all we had and despite its massive flaws it was the tournament in which the best of foreign bw played the koreans and we finally got to see a showdown. The constant failures of national organisations, the massive discrepancies in who got to go, big names missing, small names going, tournaments poorly run on outdated maps, no maphack in online qualifiers. Every WCG was host to a new series of scandals as well as the problems of the previous years which were conspicuously unfixed. SC2 has seen tournaments without WCG, koreans and foreigners competing in other big name tournaments which have been decently run. The importance of WCG has been massively diminished, esports has outgrown it.


I agree. We are pretty lucky these days with good streams, tournaments, etc.

I remember when I followed CS and WC3 in like 2003-2007 and we barely had anything. HLTV was considered awesome and to watch CS replays you had to use a bunch of console commands. We had decent replays for WC3 though, then someone started doing audio commentaries which were just replays and a mp3 file that you had to sync up and that was awesome.

Now it's like "Oh awesome 200 streams to choose from." at any time. It's not a comparable scene anymore.

WCG is just a thing of the past for me. I gave it a shot this weekend and they showed they still haven't made any real advancements for half a decade.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
December 12 2011 05:25 GMT
#1002
Hello TL staff.

I was wondering how you chose stuff to write about.

For example, shortly after the groundbreaking GSL finals (It's an understatement to say that was the best series every played which shows how truly amazing the future of SC2 looks) I was expecting an article underlying those very facts.

Generally though, seems like there's a lot of previews and very few articles outlying what actually happen and the impact on the scene. Sure there's a lot of talk shows, but I like reading...especially reading you guys.
Try another route paperboy.
IMBAkorean
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada835 Posts
December 12 2011 11:35 GMT
#1003
Since there is so much talks about bw players switching to sc2, who are the tl staffs favourite bw players?
RATDOTO
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 12:43:27
December 12 2011 12:43 GMT
#1004
Kennigit, current max bench/squat/deadlift?

I ask here instead of on FB/via PM in order to publicly shame you.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
December 12 2011 13:35 GMT
#1005
On December 12 2011 07:43 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 02:40 zul wrote:
The World Cyber Games end today and all of a sudden I realise TL.net had no frontpage coverage for this event. Can anyone explain why you guys choose not to make a noticeable coverage for the one tournament that used to mean everything for the SC Community. I don`t want to flame anyone (nor make a sarcastic comment), but I really wonder why this happened (or not happened :> )

thanks.

My personal view, coming as an individual poster who has not looked into the subject rather than as staff, is that WCG is and always was shit. We put up with it as bw fans because it was all we had and despite its massive flaws it was the tournament in which the best of foreign bw played the koreans and we finally got to see a showdown. The constant failures of national organisations, the massive discrepancies in who got to go, big names missing, small names going, tournaments poorly run on outdated maps, no antihack in online qualifiers. Every WCG was host to a new series of scandals as well as the problems of the previous years which were conspicuously unfixed. SC2 has seen tournaments without WCG, koreans and foreigners competing in other big name tournaments which have been decently run. The importance of WCG has been massively diminished, esports has outgrown it.


thank you for the answer but I would still like to see an official statement from an administrator. This SC2 WCG tourney had big names, antihack wasn`t necessary and the maps were ok. I agree with your point of WCG having some trouble in various areas, but still, a frontpage news (at least a simple one) would not have hurt TL and I feel WCG and all the participating players still deserved it.
keep it deep! @zulison
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
December 12 2011 14:46 GMT
#1006
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?
Moderator
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
December 12 2011 14:55 GMT
#1007
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.
Who dat ninja?
Roberi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden347 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 15:14:45
December 12 2011 15:11 GMT
#1008
On December 12 2011 23:55 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.

Yeah that's what I meant, should have explained it more clearly. The more I think of it though, it would make sense to not allow it. I can just imagine users going bananas with their posts. I haven't seen it in any other place than threads by the staff here.

Edit: Thanks for answering <3
Edit2: I would of course be making the backgrounds myself if it was allowed and possible.
A fan of ThorZaIN, MorroW, NaNiwa and SaSe. Sweden Fighting! /// @rob_eri
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
December 12 2011 15:16 GMT
#1009
*cracks knuckles*

+ Show Spoiler [Answers] +
On December 12 2011 07:49 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
What languages, other than English of course, do you speak? Which can you write and read in? Are you fluent?


Dutch! I can read German and French more or less (speaking a lot less so!), studied Latin (though very rusty now), took classes in Old English and sign language and once picked up a course Korean (though never completed it >_>)

On December 12 2011 14:25 Steel wrote:
Hello TL staff.

I was wondering how you chose stuff to write about.

For example, shortly after the groundbreaking GSL finals (It's an understatement to say that was the best series every played which shows how truly amazing the future of SC2 looks) I was expecting an article underlying those very facts.

Generally though, seems like there's a lot of previews and very few articles outlying what actually happen and the impact on the scene. Sure there's a lot of talk shows, but I like reading...especially reading you guys.


Probably more directed at the penicon dudes, but when I write it's mostly about kind of the outlying stuff like maps and spells and Liquipedia stuff that I like. I don't feel that comfortable writing about players and strats since I don't see the kind of trends often referred to by Day9 and the like.

On December 12 2011 20:35 IMBAkorean wrote:
Since there is so much talks about bw players switching to sc2, who are the tl staffs favourite bw players?


Violet and Really come to mind. I'm not much of a fanboy (don't have a favorite team etc), but I kind of like these underdog guys that come on stage and everyone thinks they'll roll over and die and then they just pull this amazing game from out of nowhere.

On December 12 2011 23:55 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.


From what I understand (but I'm not too much of a tech savvy >_>) this can be done. Just make the design and the images needed for it and kindly pm a red

Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 16:42:45
December 12 2011 16:22 GMT
#1010
On December 12 2011 23:55 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.

Not possible. Put the text you want into the image and then make the image background blend into the post background so you don't have to upload a new image everytime you change the text.

Edit: Basically make a header image that you never change that looks like it's a background image.
Moderator
MuK_x
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 18:34:39
December 12 2011 18:30 GMT
#1011
Chill,you are so awesome,can you give me some tactics for being awesome like you?

because your posts on "desRow to korea" thread make me instant fan.
IdrA "TT1 actually fucked up and didn't see the hatchery,so im at a really big advantage right now,assuming he reacts intelligently which is not something you should assume with TT1"
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
December 12 2011 19:07 GMT
#1012
On December 12 2011 20:35 IMBAkorean wrote:
Since there is so much talks about bw players switching to sc2, who are the tl staffs favourite bw players?

EffOrt. Always EffOrt. But I hope he never switches. I feel like it'd be like watching Steve McCurry make the switch to a cell phone camera. It'd ruin the art.

I still hope it's far in the future, but when BW finally fades away, I hope Movie and Snow will switch. Love those two.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
December 12 2011 19:45 GMT
#1013
On December 13 2011 03:30 MuK_x wrote:
Chill,you are so awesome,can you give me some tactics for being awesome like you?

because your posts on "desRow to korea" thread make me instant fan.

Well, considering I'm currently investigating whether or not I should permanently ban you for stealing someone's work to get a DotA 2 beta key, you should probably hold your opinion of me.
Moderator
MuK_x
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 19:54:33
December 12 2011 19:52 GMT
#1014
On December 13 2011 04:45 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 03:30 MuK_x wrote:
Chill,you are so awesome,can you give me some tactics for being awesome like you?

because your posts on "desRow to korea" thread make me instant fan.

Well, considering I'm currently investigating whether or not I should permanently ban you for stealing someone's work to get a DotA 2 beta key, you should probably hold your opinion of me.

no but stealing?

that post was definitely same thoughts with mine,also i has dota 2 as gift for giving this guy,just waiting for answer lol.

Also you are still awesome.
IdrA "TT1 actually fucked up and didn't see the hatchery,so im at a really big advantage right now,assuming he reacts intelligently which is not something you should assume with TT1"
MasterBlasterCaster
Profile Joined October 2011
United States568 Posts
December 12 2011 20:58 GMT
#1015
Yea, I got a question:

How do you report a post, or a user, to a mod?

Also, is it against the rules to follow someone around posting in threads without adding anything other than a quip about the person you are following? Like, would that be considered trolling?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
December 12 2011 21:03 GMT
#1016
On December 13 2011 05:58 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Yea, I got a question:

How do you report a post, or a user, to a mod?

Also, is it against the rules to follow someone around posting in threads without adding anything other than a quip about the person you are following? Like, would that be considered trolling?

If you have the report button, hit it. If you don't then just pm a mod who is online with a link and an explanation or find one on IRC.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
December 12 2011 21:04 GMT
#1017
Send me a PM. Be sure that you have a legitimate problem before you send it, because if it's like someone quoted you in 3 of their last 100 posts then I'm going to be upset.
Moderator
MasterBlasterCaster
Profile Joined October 2011
United States568 Posts
December 12 2011 21:09 GMT
#1018
Okay, cool, thanks.

I don't think it's gonna be a problem anymore. Actually, it's not really a problem at all, just kind of annoying. If they had any point other than repeatedly stating that I was, in fact, banned at one point, I would be fine with it. Contributing nothing except for a "Oh, it's MasterBlaster, who got banned!" is annoying though...
Roberi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden347 Posts
December 12 2011 21:11 GMT
#1019
On December 13 2011 01:22 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:55 urashimakt wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:46 Chill wrote:
On December 12 2011 06:53 Roberi wrote:
Hi!

I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have a background image on ThorZaIN's fanclub that I have. This, of course, is just to make it look nicer with a more tight theme. Is there any simple way of going about this? I'll understand if you don't allow it for some reason. For reference, I'm talking about these kinds of backgrounds: Example 1. Example 2.

Thanks!
/Robert

Make an image.
Upload it.
Use the [ img ] tag.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want TL staff to make it?

I believe he wants to have his text over an image embedded into the background of a post in the manner of the examples.

Not possible. Put the text you want into the image and then make the image background blend into the post background so you don't have to upload a new image everytime you change the text.

Edit: Basically make a header image that you never change that looks like it's a background image.

Alright, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I don't understand. If I put my text in a saved image file with the same background color as TL posts I'd have to make a new one every time. Something like this (I won't steal the great artists's work) is what I'm thinking about, with Repeat:Y or something. And then the ability to edit regular post text on top of that.

Sorry for being a moron, thanks for your patience.
A fan of ThorZaIN, MorroW, NaNiwa and SaSe. Sweden Fighting! /// @rob_eri
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
December 12 2011 21:24 GMT
#1020
It takes a mod edit to allow HTML, so to have an actual background image you'd need a mod to edit it every time you made a change.

(It's actually possible for a mod to edit CSS into another post on the page to change the background of every post on that page, but I don't think it's possible at the moment to change just the OP's. It could be done with a minor tweak to the code, but it's not exactly a high priority :p)
Administrator
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 789 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
23:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 100
PiLiPiLi 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2336
ViBE138
Bale 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever567
NeuroSwarm199
League of Legends
Doublelift4721
Counter-Strike
summit1g7166
taco 656
Other Games
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0315
WinterStarcraft241
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick978
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP93
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1109
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 31m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.