• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:52
CEST 22:52
KST 05:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8244 users

Barcraft in Pittsburgh

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Big in Japants
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 03:44:50
August 19 2011 04:20 GMT
#1
Hey this I'm editing this post 8/30/11, and will edit it as new info is available. Currently we are looking at holding future Barcrafts for IPL 3 and MLG Orlando (both sites TBD).

The first event was a huge success and I'm looking to build on it in a BIG way. I have an e-mail circulating regarding everything Pittsburgh Barcraft. If you would like to receive it, (and future info) PM me your e-mail. I will NOT spam you with tons of e-mails.

For information regarding the last Barcraft and what's happening for the next one:

1) Keep checking this thread
2) Stay on top of the Reddit post (listed below)
3) Join and like our Facebook page (listed below)
4) Questions/Comments/Help PM me!

I will be especially active on Facebook FYI

Here is the official Barcraft Reddit Post

Facebook Page
Flonkkertiin
Profile Joined April 2011
United States24 Posts
August 19 2011 04:42 GMT
#2
I am going to school there this fall and I have a bunch of buddies there who are into watching Sc2 and would possibly be interested in checking it out
"That Queen shouldn't be that far off creep. She should be back at the hatchery, barefoot and pregnant."
runaloop
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5 Posts
August 22 2011 13:43 GMT
#3
I am there! Along with several others according to the reddit link. Pittsburgh has so much going on and it's good to see that SC related things will be happening now.
How now brown cow?
Newtype2k6
Profile Joined September 2010
United States88 Posts
August 23 2011 00:48 GMT
#4
I am also in the pittsburgh area, and really liked the concept of barcraft when it first happened. I can commit 2-4 people to it if only we knew the location/time.

Kudos to you for heading this.
LoKi-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States121 Posts
August 23 2011 01:11 GMT
#5
I'll be going to school in the fall as well. Would this be 21+ or would an 18 year old be able to take part? If so, I'd be very interested.
mbsupermario
Profile Joined July 2010
United States101 Posts
August 23 2011 01:38 GMT
#6
i am 5 minutes from downtown pittsburgh. sounds great
Big in Japants
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6 Posts
August 23 2011 04:28 GMT
#7
The event will be at The Smiling Moose
1306 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA

From 4PM to after Finals. I will find out tomorrow about the whole under 21 thing. For more information check out the link I have in the OP. As I said earlier, I would like to be able to get a rough estimate going in to this. So check out the reddit post and "RSVP" there. Or here I guess lol.

Bring fellow nerds. Let's get this town hooked.
Ixirawr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States86 Posts
August 23 2011 18:15 GMT
#8
How lucky am I?

I am moving back to Pittsburgh on the 28th, and on the 29th is the first BarCraft?

Hell. Yeah.

I am RSVPing, will most likely drag the girlfriend along with me. Maybe a nerdy friend or two.
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
August 24 2011 00:56 GMT
#9
Do we have a rough estimate on how many people are going? If we got like 20+ I'll probably come down. I don't want to come down if there won't be a decent turnout since I live 30 mins away.
Big in Japants
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6 Posts
August 24 2011 02:33 GMT
#10
Lxirawr...the finals are on the 28th, so that means you have to come straight down! Corrick, if you check out the Reddit thread, it looks like we will have 20+ if most everyone shows up. I know I myself will have at least 4 coming. Come on down, be a part of Pittsburgh E-Sports history dude.
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
August 24 2011 02:37 GMT
#11
The Moose is an awesome venue, if you're in the area get down there
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
August 24 2011 06:10 GMT
#12
I don't go to reddit. I'm really on the fence about it. If I find someone willing to go down with me I will. Just kind of hard to ask randomly for someone to go to this kind of event.
yankjenets
Profile Joined June 2010
United States232 Posts
August 24 2011 07:47 GMT
#13
Big in Japants, did you find out about the under 21 thing?
simmion
Profile Joined June 2011
United States34 Posts
August 24 2011 12:26 GMT
#14
Excellent, I've spent a whole lot of time in the moose back when it was strictly a metal/punk-rock bar, I love that place. And ill be in town on sunday already because of the Magic Grand Prix that is going on. I'll see you folks there (I dont do reddit so i wont be posting there. )
"Ricky Bobby" -stephano
simmion
Profile Joined June 2011
United States34 Posts
August 24 2011 13:54 GMT
#15
On August 24 2011 16:47 yankjenets wrote:
Big in Japants, did you find out about the under 21 thing?


Unfortunately, the Moose is a 21+ Establishment, They rarely open up events for 18+ given PA's Draconian liquor control board laws.
"Ricky Bobby" -stephano
Ixirawr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States86 Posts
August 24 2011 15:20 GMT
#16
OP needs to edit his OP to get the word out that this event is happening.

Not just being thought about.

Now that this thread is longer than 5 posts, someone interested may think "I don't want to read all this" and then they would never know it was happening.
simmion
Profile Joined June 2011
United States34 Posts
August 24 2011 18:03 GMT
#17
Aparantly there is a thread tracking all of the barcraft events for MLG Raleigh, and this is listed in there, im not 100% sure though, i havnt found it... my friend at work came up to me and mentioned that they were having one at the Moose and said he saw it there, so hopefully..

He also posted a separate thread mentioning this was happening, but it got closed, the mod said to put it in this thread, mebbe he didnt see that?
"Ricky Bobby" -stephano
simmion
Profile Joined June 2011
United States34 Posts
August 24 2011 20:16 GMT
#18
Link to the TL post with all of the barcraft things, the moose is at the bottom of the OP:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=248963
"Ricky Bobby" -stephano
Ixirawr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States86 Posts
August 25 2011 02:18 GMT
#19
Hey sorry to back-seat-post, but I really feel that you need to make edits to your OP to make this more informative to anyone who finds this and wants to attend.

Please just edit out the part you posted when you started this. They are not helpful. The first thing that needs to be seen is: "Barcraft Pittsburgh Is A Go!"

Then list the date, time, location, ect.

You may want to link to the bar's website so we can view the menu. I am sure the cost of drinks will be a determining factor to a lot of people.

You want to explain the setup of the bar. How will the viewing be done, what should we expect. A post in this thread is making me think our nerdy bunch will be looking pretty silly next to a bunch of punks/metal heads (not that I care, but, looking in, we are going to stick out like a sore thumb ). Is this true?

Does the bar have any specials?



If the rule is 21 and over, come out and say it. Don't say to press your luck.


Anything else you can tell us?


Again, don't want to backseat post but I am a concerned fan, wanting to have this happen.
Big in Japants
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6 Posts
August 25 2011 03:07 GMT
#20
I agree with your points, like I mentioned I'm a noob poster so I am still finding my way around the proper procedures. I will include everything you mentioned. Seeing as how you seem pretty interested, and like you know your way around this kind of stuff, could you create a Facebook page? I think there should be a place we can all belong to and that I can update without having to spam these threads constantly.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O92
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason148
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 969
ZZZero.O 92
Hyun 39
Bale 24
League of Legends
Doublelift3756
JimRising 433
Counter-Strike
Fnx 870
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6265
Other Games
summit1g7790
FrodaN2708
B2W.Neo669
ToD256
KnowMe188
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1490
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 19
• musti20045 15
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• blackmanpl 9
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1171
• Shiphtur215
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 8m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.