• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:56
CEST 15:56
KST 22:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9387 users

Barcraft in Pittsburgh - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Nizzy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States839 Posts
August 25 2011 05:44 GMT
#21
lol. One of my best friends always goes to this bar. I go back to RMU the day after this so might as well get trashed and watch some fucking craft.

I'll probably be there. GJ, thx for setting it up.
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 08:25:03
August 25 2011 08:24 GMT
#22
I'm 60% with +1-3. I'll try and let you all know saturday for sure.
simmion
Profile Joined June 2011
United States34 Posts
August 25 2011 11:53 GMT
#23
On August 25 2011 11:18 Ixirawr wrote:
. A post in this thread is making me think our nerdy bunch will be looking pretty silly next to a bunch of punks/metal heads (not that I care, but, looking in, we are going to stick out like a sore thumb ). Is this true?


Everyone there is really cool, There wont be any problems, + its sunday so there probably wont be a whole lot of folks there to begin with. Not to mention, I am one of said metal heads, and also a nerd =)
"Ricky Bobby" -stephano
Ixirawr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States86 Posts
August 25 2011 13:36 GMT
#24
On August 25 2011 20:53 simmion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 11:18 Ixirawr wrote:
. A post in this thread is making me think our nerdy bunch will be looking pretty silly next to a bunch of punks/metal heads (not that I care, but, looking in, we are going to stick out like a sore thumb ). Is this true?


Everyone there is really cool, There wont be any problems, + its sunday so there probably wont be a whole lot of folks there to begin with. Not to mention, I am one of said metal heads, and also a nerd =)

Haha, I didn't think it would be an issue.

Stupid question, but what is the date of this event?

I know it's a Sunday, but which one?
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
August 25 2011 14:14 GMT
#25
This sunday as in the 28th.
Makura
Profile Joined December 2010
United States317 Posts
August 26 2011 04:40 GMT
#26
Need to hear on the 21+ policy, if its not in place definitely will go with +1-2 people
SHOW THEM WHAT THE CATFISH COMBO IS ALL ABOUT!
Ixirawr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States86 Posts
August 26 2011 18:27 GMT
#27
So pumped for this.

What time is everyone planning on being there? The whole 4-X? Or are you popping in later?

Personally I think I will show up around seven or so.
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
August 26 2011 22:32 GMT
#28
The Finals start at 7... And supposedly end at 8:30. = /

My one friend said she went to the Smiling Moose for a show when under 21 with no problems. Makura, you are best to just call and ask.
Fenlain
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
August 29 2011 01:11 GMT
#29
Hey guys! Had a blast at the bar today, big shoutout to everyone who made this possible. I've seen Barcraft pics from places like California or Washington State and always wished that something like this could happen around here. Lots of fun, here's to hoping we can keep this tradition going!

I was the guy with the camera and the Day[9]TV shirt, here's some of the better shots from the night! Stay classy, guys.

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

There are larger versions of the pictures on my DeviantArt, feel free to share or show them to anyone.
NotTheMonker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States131 Posts
August 29 2011 02:27 GMT
#30
Looks like fun! I'll come out to the next one if I get the chance.
You cant be a good rapper without rhymes, and you cant be a good Pokemon trainer without CATCHING MORE POKEMON.
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
August 29 2011 02:49 GMT
#31
Fun times! My wife and I were there for the finals. Big thanks to the organizers of this event... we will definitely try to make the next one.

I felt sorry for the poor waitress and bartender... clearly they underestimated the turnout and didn't stock enough wings for the hungry starcraft fans!
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
August 29 2011 05:27 GMT
#32
I feel bad because I was so set to go... but my friend flaked on me so I didn't come.

Looking at your pictures, a lot more people showed up than I anticipated... and someone I know was there also... Zac Andrews.

Definitely will go to the next one with 0 hesitation. Sorry I didn't show up for this one.
simmion
Profile Joined June 2011
United States34 Posts
August 29 2011 12:34 GMT
#33
Excellent turnout, i had a great time, the pics turned out great. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it. Can't wait until the next one!!!
"Ricky Bobby" -stephano
Fenlain
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
August 29 2011 12:43 GMT
#34
Also, I feel like it should be mentioned that there were no under-21 policies at the door, at least when I went in. I'm 21, but I was only carded when I started ordering drinks, so definitely keep that in mind if you're hesitant about the next one. East Carson St, where the Smiling Moose is, has a over-21 policy on Thurs-Sat nights, essentially starting after 7-8 PM. On a Sunday afternoon however, most places let you mingle.
Newtype2k6
Profile Joined September 2010
United States88 Posts
August 29 2011 18:44 GMT
#35
"I'm on a boat" guy here! Had an absolute blast with everyone. I'm going to be trolling around the PTR the next few days, but send me a message on the regular realm and I'll add you guys.

Character code Newtype #411
Ixirawr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States86 Posts
August 30 2011 17:32 GMT
#36
I'm so sad I missed this. :'(

Looks like a fun time.

Any word on another event happening in the near future?
Fenlain
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
August 31 2011 00:11 GMT
#37
On August 31 2011 02:32 Ixirawr wrote:
I'm so sad I missed this. :'(

Looks like a fun time.

Any word on another event happening in the near future?


We're trying to get something together for MLG Orlando or possibly the IPL 3 finals, check out the t Pittsburgh Barcraft Reddit and the Pittsburgh Barcraft Facebook Fan Page. Spread the word to anyone you know in the area who's interested, with enough interest we can really make this something permanent and regular.
SardonicSamurai
Profile Joined August 2011
United States10 Posts
August 31 2011 01:11 GMT
#38
I'm from NE Ohio; it's a little bit of a drive for me but I might stop by! Maybe make a whole day out of it and book a hotel or something; I dunno. This is, of course, if the one set up for Cleveland doesn't come up, haha
Boardin
Profile Joined September 2009
234 Posts
August 31 2011 05:45 GMT
#39
I couldn't make it. Moving from DC where there was a big SC2 community I'm excited by the turnout though.

How are you gonna swing this during steelers season, can't imagine most bars hosting you. What was the final turnout?
Fenlain
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 12:39:45
August 31 2011 11:59 GMT
#40
On August 31 2011 14:45 Boardin wrote:

How are you gonna swing this during steelers season, can't imagine most bars hosting you. What was the final turnout?


We're talking about this. During MLG Orlando, for example, there's a Steelers game from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. While the MLG Raleigh event started at 4:00, it really started picking up around 5:00 or so- if we followed this schedule there wouldn't be a conflict unless the game went into overtime. Alternatively, there's also Saturday afternoon possible.

Final turn-out was pretty good, at peak I counted 25+ crowded around the main screen area, as well as a few more seated at the bar watching.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 828
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
CosmosSc2 35
Railgan 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53182
Shuttle 7714
FanTaSy 2023
BeSt 517
Horang2 492
EffOrt 219
Soma 139
Mind 126
Last 124
Pusan 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 102
Sexy 95
ggaemo 86
hero 72
Hyun 71
Sea.KH 67
Killer 62
Aegong 51
Snow 44
ToSsGirL 32
PianO 31
Bale 24
JYJ 20
NaDa 18
Sacsri 15
zelot 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3081
qojqva1727
Dendi1194
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3632
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
B2W.Neo924
Beastyqt546
byalli423
Mlord380
Livibee213
Hui .173
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King61
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3472
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 4m
Replay Cast
9h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.