• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:16
CEST 17:16
KST 00:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War185.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9892 users

Anna Prosser for Miss USA - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 63 Next
Religion threads are banned on TL. Further derailment will be met with immediate permanent bans.
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-13 20:37:31
May 13 2011 20:35 GMT
#341
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.

I think if fuddx had added more content to the op it should have definitely been aloud to stay. It was a balloon zergling, so it is related to starcraft.
edit: also did you see the title of the thread :D
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
lxanderl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States629 Posts
May 13 2011 20:36 GMT
#342
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.

hahaha imagine incontrol posting on this thread: "love you anna but we don't do voting here on TL anymore. ask hot_bid for a more explained answer." :D
Phonics
Profile Joined October 2010
114 Posts
May 13 2011 20:41 GMT
#343
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.



Just wow at that link.
Workforce
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden70 Posts
May 13 2011 20:42 GMT
#344
On May 14 2011 04:12 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2011 07:37 Adicon wrote:
Voted (x10) plus shared on Facebook (I am from Oregon). I feel like she is actually much more attractive than the picture on there would lead you to believe though =/


Yeah, I'm not a fan of the picture, I prefer looking a bit more... natural. But I think it's more due to the pageant's desires not us guys :B


Its the smile, i think. It looks very forced.

Anyway, hawaii is clearly the hottest of the bunch
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
May 13 2011 20:48 GMT
#345
On May 14 2011 05:41 Phonics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.



Just wow at that link.


Yeah, that is very wow. Talk about double standards.
Omgzpwnd
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland59 Posts
May 13 2011 20:50 GMT
#346
somehow lol'd @ clip4 'whats in ur hand' part
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
May 13 2011 21:15 GMT
#347
On May 14 2011 05:48 Fenrax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 05:41 Phonics wrote:
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.



Just wow at that link.


Yeah, that is very wow. Talk about double standards.


Haha, drama strikes yet again! Anyways, there should be an official TL.net endorsement in the OP or this will just lead to a load of "vote for this/that/me" topics.

If you're making an exception for this one thing (which i totally condone, just like the Rekrul 'feature table' thing) - please be upfront about it and say so, not as a reply buried somewhere in the thread. ^__^
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
May 13 2011 21:28 GMT
#348
Wait, what? How did I miss that one? I was one of the vocal community members advocating for closing threads like this because it was polluting the forums. Not to mention, some communities outrage with our 'participation.' TL has won many polls in the past.

Anyway, fuddx is a senior member and good contributor . He doesn't put himself out there very often whereas Anna jumped right into the community and doesn't shy away from the camera, i.e. always calling Geoff or participating in SotG and meddling in the MLG affairs.

The Miss USA contest is no different from the Emo girl pictorial contest we helped that TL member's friend with (threads we no longer allow).

At the end of the day it is their house. It is pretty ironic that Incontrol was the person to close that thread.
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
May 13 2011 21:28 GMT
#349
These superficial consumerism is completely against what I think the world needs.


That said, supporting the community is more important. Voted 10 times ^^
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Coulthard
Profile Joined September 2005
Greece3359 Posts
May 13 2011 21:30 GMT
#350
South Carolina picture 2 and 3 holy jesus
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-13 21:36:36
May 13 2011 21:34 GMT
#351
On May 14 2011 06:30 Coulthard wrote:
South Carolina picture 2 and 3 holy jesus


After you said that I had a look at the other girls and I must say, Anna has some stiff competition. Good thing we're following our gamer instincts!

I think top 16 (or whatever the hell the first cutoff is-- I think it might be 12) would be a big achievement.
Djarv
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany17 Posts
May 13 2011 21:49 GMT
#352
On May 14 2011 06:30 Coulthard wrote:
South Carolina picture 2 and 3 holy jesus


Not that bad either... but i am still in love with miss Hawaii.
Sorry Anna but had to vote for her, too.
I apologize.
insta
Profile Joined May 2010
216 Posts
May 13 2011 21:59 GMT
#353
I dont know if it's only me, but since SCII came out, the forums start to get more and more to be infested by american culture and lifestyle. No offense, but it seems like people think they have no choice but to flame and derail threads..

Makes me sad...

BUT, Anna is cool ! Why your guys so serious and flaming all the time?...
pls dont judge before research, pls dont research before thinking
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
May 13 2011 22:07 GMT
#354
On May 14 2011 06:59 insta wrote:
I dont know if it's only me, but since SCII came out, the forums start to get more and more to be infested by american culture and lifestyle. No offense, but it seems like people think they have no choice but to flame and derail threads..

Makes me sad...

"infested by american culture and lifestyle"? WTF is wrong with you, and do you honestly think attacking the people of a country suddenly becomes nice and friendly because you add "no offense"? If I said "No offense, but you're a dick and I hope you die" would you not feel offended?
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 13 2011 22:07 GMT
#355
On May 14 2011 06:59 insta wrote:
I dont know if it's only me, but since SCII came out, the forums start to get more and more to be infested by american culture and lifestyle. No offense, but it seems like people think they have no choice but to flame and derail threads..

Makes me sad...

BUT, Anna is cool ! Why your guys so serious and flaming all the time?...


I wouldn't call it american. I would call it the younger generation of internet goers. They don't have much respect. I feel old now...
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
May 13 2011 22:11 GMT
#356
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.


Yeah, this is kind of bullshit. Fudd has contributed a lot to the community. Still voted though, good luck Anna
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 13 2011 22:53 GMT
#357
On May 14 2011 07:07 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 06:59 insta wrote:
I dont know if it's only me, but since SCII came out, the forums start to get more and more to be infested by american culture and lifestyle. No offense, but it seems like people think they have no choice but to flame and derail threads..

Makes me sad...

BUT, Anna is cool ! Why your guys so serious and flaming all the time?...


I wouldn't call it american. I would call it the younger generation of internet goers. They don't have much respect. I feel old now...


Yeah, it's really depressing. There's absolutely no need for anybody to post on this topic that she's ugly and that they're voting for someone else, much less argue about it. No it's not a rule, but it should be common sense and courtesy.

Anyways, GL Anna, I've done my share of voting. =)
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
May 13 2011 23:19 GMT
#358
On May 14 2011 05:48 Fenrax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 05:41 Phonics wrote:
On May 14 2011 05:26 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.



Just to add on to this, I think that of those were the some of the things that led to the criteria for this being allowed why would

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170022&currentpage=2#26

Have been closed? Fuddx contributes, is insanely nice, long standing member of the community, etc... and It gets closed because we have a firm stance on "no win the net" stances and then we let this one stay open. I would argue the main difference between Anna and Fudd is media exposure but it seems horribly off to let specific contributors get away with things others can't.

I know you guys have already decided on the matter, but it just seems like something that I felt had to be mentioned.



Just wow at that link.


Yeah, that is very wow. Talk about double standards.

Well from the beginning this thread was an exception to the rule, the thread was closed citing TL doesn't allow these kind of threads anymore than opened because an expectation was made for Anna.
gNs.I-Jasa
Profile Joined July 2008
United States211 Posts
May 13 2011 23:35 GMT
#359
anna is prettier than all those other girls.

f the haters.
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
May 13 2011 23:37 GMT
#360
Ok

the TL staff really has to either close this thread or answer:

why does Anna get excepted from the 'no voting threads' policy?

❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34206
Calm 5568
Bisu 2746
Jaedong 1056
Horang2 706
BeSt 469
Rush 460
Soma 386
Larva 346
Stork 300
[ Show more ]
Light 282
Zeus 217
ZerO 204
Snow 192
910 113
Mind 112
Free 110
Barracks 110
Killer 63
Sea.KH 56
Shinee 40
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 38
Mong 36
Trap 30
Terrorterran 27
Liquid`Ret 25
Bale 24
Rock 22
sorry 22
Aegong 19
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8296
XaKoH 340
Counter-Strike
fl0m3870
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes523
Other Games
singsing2343
hiko756
B2W.Neo469
Mlord361
Lowko345
DeMusliM204
mouzStarbuck186
Hui .180
Livibee174
ToD101
RotterdaM97
Trikslyr72
QueenE61
Mew2King53
KnowMe43
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile1169
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Dystopia_ 0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3448
• Jankos2131
• TFBlade584
Other Games
• Shiphtur517
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 44m
Big Brain Bouts
18h 44m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
Patches Events
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.