• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:53
CEST 15:53
KST 22:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7942 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 322 Next
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
November 09 2010 23:40 GMT
#601
On November 10 2010 04:20 mierin wrote:
But in all seriousness, what motivates mods to be mods? It seems like a thankless job. You weed out the retarded posts/posters (having been temp banned before I acknowledge this) only to be shit on by most of the community.

I think this question is pretty easy.

Mods are motivated by an undeniable, unquenchable, irreplaceable thirst for power.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-09 23:43:00
November 09 2010 23:41 GMT
#602
Buttermilk - is there any other kind?!!?!?

On November 10 2010 08:40 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 04:20 mierin wrote:
But in all seriousness, what motivates mods to be mods? It seems like a thankless job. You weed out the retarded posts/posters (having been temp banned before I acknowledge this) only to be shit on by most of the community.

I think this question is pretty easy.

Mods are motivated by an undeniable, unquenchable, irreplaceable thirst for power.

and the e-fame!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
November 09 2010 23:46 GMT
#603
On November 10 2010 08:29 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 08:20 BroOd wrote:
On November 10 2010 06:19 Murderotica wrote:
1. What was the most controversial ban, or a few of them? What I mean by this is it had the most argument over.

2. What was one of the most inevitable perm bans for a veteran user? (baal?)

3. Are there any bans that you regret having to make for the sake of the site?

1. Stimey was the most controversial ban(s). I don't think any other bans came close to the fuss all that stuff created.

2. CharlieMurphy (I kid, I kid... or do I?) No, baal is probably the right answer. He was the perfect combination of angst, cynicism and self-superiority.

3. I don't think I regret any of my personal bans, but maybe someone else does. I can't think of any cases off the top of my head where the mod consensus was "I wish we didn't have to ban this guy."

1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Rekrul

I really don't think Chibi was nearly as controversial as Stimey, because even though most people were tired of his soap-boxing at the end, he still had a lot of "fans", including staff members. People were more shocked about Chibi because he had a ton of posts and been all over the forums for a long time. I don't think people were super attached to him or his posting though.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
November 09 2010 23:55 GMT
#604
Awesome, thank you n_n
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
Chimpychomp
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 00:04:05
November 10 2010 00:02 GMT
#605
what do you mods dislike most about the day to day running of the site?
e.g. adding all the peoples streams, banning alot of people etc.

oh and ty for adding my stream chill your awesome
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 10 2010 00:07 GMT
#606
Adding streams, good god adding streams.

It was even 10 times worse before R1CH and Sonuvbob coded improvements, that's why there used to be a bunch of "You only get 1 change" etc. warnings in giant font in the streaming OP. Now it's not so bad, as long as you keep up with it and don't get 9 pages behind...
Moderator
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
November 10 2010 00:14 GMT
#607
Write a script that you just enter values in after copy+pasting the code. I'm sure it will save you tons of time.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
Deleted User 47542
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1484 Posts
November 10 2010 05:37 GMT
#608
What is the best thread ever made?
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
November 10 2010 06:20 GMT
#609
On November 10 2010 08:29 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 08:20 BroOd wrote:
On November 10 2010 06:19 Murderotica wrote:
1. What was the most controversial ban, or a few of them? What I mean by this is it had the most argument over.

2. What was one of the most inevitable perm bans for a veteran user? (baal?)

3. Are there any bans that you regret having to make for the sake of the site?

1. Stimey was the most controversial ban(s). I don't think any other bans came close to the fuss all that stuff created.

2. CharlieMurphy (I kid, I kid... or do I?) No, baal is probably the right answer. He was the perfect combination of angst, cynicism and self-superiority.

3. I don't think I regret any of my personal bans, but maybe someone else does. I can't think of any cases off the top of my head where the mod consensus was "I wish we didn't have to ban this guy."

1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Rekrul


1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Orb

For me.

On November 10 2010 14:37 superbabosheki wrote:
What is the best thread ever made?


Hovz vs Nextel. May it RIP.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
November 10 2010 06:29 GMT
#610
On November 10 2010 15:20 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 08:29 Plexa wrote:
On November 10 2010 08:20 BroOd wrote:
On November 10 2010 06:19 Murderotica wrote:
1. What was the most controversial ban, or a few of them? What I mean by this is it had the most argument over.

2. What was one of the most inevitable perm bans for a veteran user? (baal?)

3. Are there any bans that you regret having to make for the sake of the site?

1. Stimey was the most controversial ban(s). I don't think any other bans came close to the fuss all that stuff created.

2. CharlieMurphy (I kid, I kid... or do I?) No, baal is probably the right answer. He was the perfect combination of angst, cynicism and self-superiority.

3. I don't think I regret any of my personal bans, but maybe someone else does. I can't think of any cases off the top of my head where the mod consensus was "I wish we didn't have to ban this guy."

1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Rekrul


1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Orb

For me.

Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 14:37 superbabosheki wrote:
What is the best thread ever made?


Hovz vs Nextel. May it RIP.


I can't find the Hovz vs. Nextel thread, is it still around somewhere?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
November 10 2010 06:30 GMT
#611
Only in memories.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
November 10 2010 06:32 GMT
#612
On November 10 2010 15:30 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Only in memories.


I am now sad, you have ruined my night ETT, I will now go cry myself to sleep thanks to you!!!!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
XinRan
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States530 Posts
November 10 2010 06:35 GMT
#613
What happened to mensrea? He was before my time, but his character seems to be surrounded with so much mystery.
"To be fair, Kal played like absolute garbage. His noted inconsistency and bad record versus Jaedong high fived into a cacophony of suck." - TwoToneTerran
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
November 10 2010 06:58 GMT
#614
On November 09 2010 23:48 DISHU wrote:
who is tl staff memebers fav streamer ?

ret/Chill. And of course Day
Administrator
DROPPINBOMBS
Profile Joined April 2010
United States312 Posts
November 10 2010 07:37 GMT
#615
On November 09 2010 07:45 Igakusei wrote:
It would be an honor to be temp-banned by R1CH. Can you guys make that happen?

User was temp banned for this post.

hahahahahha I took a quick look at what it said, "What was this jackass banned for? Ohhh LOLOLOLOLOL" that was great.
Ideas are bullet-proof.
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
November 10 2010 07:50 GMT
#616
On November 10 2010 15:29 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 15:20 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On November 10 2010 08:29 Plexa wrote:
On November 10 2010 08:20 BroOd wrote:
On November 10 2010 06:19 Murderotica wrote:
1. What was the most controversial ban, or a few of them? What I mean by this is it had the most argument over.

2. What was one of the most inevitable perm bans for a veteran user? (baal?)

3. Are there any bans that you regret having to make for the sake of the site?

1. Stimey was the most controversial ban(s). I don't think any other bans came close to the fuss all that stuff created.

2. CharlieMurphy (I kid, I kid... or do I?) No, baal is probably the right answer. He was the perfect combination of angst, cynicism and self-superiority.

3. I don't think I regret any of my personal bans, but maybe someone else does. I can't think of any cases off the top of my head where the mod consensus was "I wish we didn't have to ban this guy."

1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Rekrul


1. Chibi
2. Chibi
3. Orb

For me.

On November 10 2010 14:37 superbabosheki wrote:
What is the best thread ever made?


Hovz vs Nextel. May it RIP.


I can't find the Hovz vs. Nextel thread, is it still around somewhere?

Spent about the last 45mins trying to find any record of it, simply not possible, TL has done a watergate job on the matter

I really need to find something more productive to do with my time....

...

*loads up sc2*
Adonai bless
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
November 10 2010 08:53 GMT
#617
On November 10 2010 07:43 JWD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 06:15 SmoKim wrote:
do Mods pick straw on who gets the duty to mod the Live threads

Nope. In general moderating is very unstructured and spontaneous. But I'd say there is an unwritten rule that if a mod is the first or most frequent poster in a thread, he has a special right and burden to police that thread.

Agreed, although we sometimes tag big threads for everyone to keep a watch on.

I just wanted to add that JWD did a ridiculous job on those MLG LR threads and deserves a round of applause for it. The IdrA loss + Bnet issues might've made those threads worse than any GSL LR thread so far.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Dyllyn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Singapore670 Posts
November 10 2010 08:57 GMT
#618
On November 10 2010 16:37 DROPPINBOMBS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2010 07:45 Igakusei wrote:
It would be an honor to be temp-banned by R1CH. Can you guys make that happen?

User was temp banned for this post.

hahahahahha I took a quick look at what it said, "What was this jackass banned for? Ohhh LOLOLOLOLOL" that was great.


I laughed out loud and my co-workers looked at me ugh
scv rush ftw
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
November 10 2010 09:11 GMT
#619
--- Nuked ---
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
November 10 2010 09:27 GMT
#620
Lamers, all of you.

Stryker (and Nongminzerg) were awesome BW streamers.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1088
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 221
Rex125
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 575
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 221
Rex 125
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 27
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45950
Shuttle 2650
Calm 1505
Jaedong 1150
Horang2 840
Mini 630
actioN 608
EffOrt 569
Soulkey 483
Soma 408
[ Show more ]
Stork 320
Rush 258
Larva 243
BeSt 216
Snow 196
ZerO 182
firebathero 135
Mong 112
Zeus 94
Last 78
910 75
hero 70
Mind 65
Free 64
Hyun 56
Yoon 50
Sharp 41
PianO 37
sorry 36
Pusan 34
Shinee 33
JYJ 27
Shine 25
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 23
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
HiyA 21
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
Rock 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5090
Dendi1194
Counter-Strike
fl0m1811
Fnx 575
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes576
Lowko358
Other Games
singsing2210
olofmeister1284
hiko574
B2W.Neo353
DeMusliM217
Livibee179
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX115
Khaldor81
QueenE72
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1513
Other Games
BasetradeTV160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH182
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2121
• Jankos1525
• TFBlade520
Other Games
• Shiphtur657
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 8m
The PondCast
20h 8m
INu's Battles
21h 8m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.