• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:23
CEST 16:23
KST 23:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9455 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 195

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 193 194 195 196 197 322 Next
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 09 2011 07:45 GMT
#3881
On June 09 2011 16:28 McKTenor13 wrote:
I post on both Team Liquid and Reddit quite frequently, but I post more discussion on reddit whereas I more post fan messages and crap no one will reply to on team liquid. On reddit if I post a reply to a thread it notifies me when someone replies to my message. That way I can have an actual discussion with someone about the topic. On team liquid if I post a reply, I have to keep scrolling through pages to see if someone quoted/ replied to me. I have to basically sit at my computer and keep refreshing the page if I want a simple discussion or reply from someone.

i.e. I posted on page 2 of a thread. I went and ate dinner. I came back and the thread was 20 pages long, but someone replied to my post on page 3. There is no point in replying back to him because there is no way they would ever see it unless they hardcore search through every post on each page.

I was wondering if there was a way you guys could set up some type of notification system when someone quotes your post so you can reply to theirs and have an actual discussion with someone instead of posting blindly into a thread.


IDK...I would think if you cared enough about the topic to have a conversation, wouldn't it be better to actually read the entirety of the thread...?

Failing that, you could always do a search for your username, check content only, and see if someone quoted you that way
TranslatorBaa!
Danjoh
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden405 Posts
June 09 2011 08:08 GMT
#3882
On June 08 2011 23:31 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2011 15:59 SonuvBob wrote:
On June 07 2011 14:45 NExt wrote:
-Who is the leader of TL atm? i hear Kennigit is #3? whos #1 #2? ♥

Here is the official ranking of TL mods and admins:

#1 Jibba

YES! I only had to refresh 73 times to make it happen. Xal)Cyric got it 5 times.

I call fake!

Screenshot or it didn't happen!
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
June 09 2011 08:54 GMT
#3883
I got mine as #1 in three refreshes :D
Moderator
GaryBrackett
Profile Joined December 2010
Bulgaria106 Posts
June 09 2011 09:06 GMT
#3884
do the TL staff have each other on Facebook?
any of the TL staff dating each other?
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 09 2011 10:14 GMT
#3885
On June 09 2011 18:06 GaryBrackett wrote:
do the TL staff have each other on Facebook?
any of the TL staff dating each other?


A lot of the staff add other staff they know.

I am married to flamewheel on Facebook.
TranslatorBaa!
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
June 09 2011 10:25 GMT
#3886
You qtpies
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Juke290
Profile Joined March 2011
Egypt316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-11 07:56:10
June 09 2011 10:28 GMT
#3887
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 09 2011 10:59 GMT
#3888
I like the idea of being notified on replys/quotes. The work around to click posts below your name at the top left, clicking the post number under the thread title and scanning/tapping page down through the thread from there works too.


Though sometimes you reply pretty late -_-
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
June 09 2011 12:58 GMT
#3889
If I wanted to get monthly ELO for a few select progamers

A) Is that information that TL stores?
b) Who should I PM about it?
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
June 09 2011 13:32 GMT
#3890
On June 09 2011 19:28 SSLPrism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2011 16:45 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On June 09 2011 16:28 McKTenor13 wrote:
I post on both Team Liquid and Reddit quite frequently, but I post more discussion on reddit whereas I more post fan messages and crap no one will reply to on team liquid. On reddit if I post a reply to a thread it notifies me when someone replies to my message. That way I can have an actual discussion with someone about the topic. On team liquid if I post a reply, I have to keep scrolling through pages to see if someone quoted/ replied to me. I have to basically sit at my computer and keep refreshing the page if I want a simple discussion or reply from someone.

i.e. I posted on page 2 of a thread. I went and ate dinner. I came back and the thread was 20 pages long, but someone replied to my post on page 3. There is no point in replying back to him because there is no way they would ever see it unless they hardcore search through every post on each page.

I was wondering if there was a way you guys could set up some type of notification system when someone quotes your post so you can reply to theirs and have an actual discussion with someone instead of posting blindly into a thread.


IDK...I would think if you cared enough about the topic to have a conversation, wouldn't it be better to actually read the entirety of the thread...?

Failing that, you could always do a search for your username, check content only, and see if someone quoted you that way


I would love if TeamLiquid added a notification thing in that someone 'replied' to you, I know its good to read the entire thread and all, but its very difficult for some threads, such as MLG threads, where at certain moments there can be 30 pages added in a mere minute due to a certain event(like a surprising win, or a player leaving the game early). I think the notification system would help improve discussions in teamliquid, its very difficult right now, and something like this would be a great improvement, it could just be something like the liquibets, where theres a number displayed with replies of your posts being quoted or something like that.

Anyway, love the idea, hope TeamLiquid can promote a great feature like this in the future.


Well to be fair, you can't have a decent conversation or discussion in LR threads anyway, I usually skip to the LR posts,which is even worse considering the actual LR posts are like 1/999999th of the posts, the rest is.......thrash and spam pretty much.
WriterXiao8~~
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
June 09 2011 14:57 GMT
#3891
Does TeamLiquid have an SC2 channel?

IIRC, back in the BW days, my brother would often visit OP TeamLiquid, or something like that to meet up with a bunch of TL members to game with them and to ge to know them.

I was hoping we had something like that going on for SC2 as well.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
June 09 2011 15:11 GMT
#3892
There are channels now in SC2?

Wow I've been away for quite some time X_X
Moderator
Danjoh
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden405 Posts
June 09 2011 15:24 GMT
#3893
On June 09 2011 23:57 Seeker wrote:
Does TeamLiquid have an SC2 channel?

IIRC, back in the BW days, my brother would often visit OP TeamLiquid, or something like that to meet up with a bunch of TL members to game with them and to ge to know them.

I was hoping we had something like that going on for SC2 as well.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=183961
McKTenor13
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1383 Posts
June 09 2011 17:01 GMT
#3894
On June 09 2011 16:45 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2011 16:28 McKTenor13 wrote:
I post on both Team Liquid and Reddit quite frequently, but I post more discussion on reddit whereas I more post fan messages and crap no one will reply to on team liquid. On reddit if I post a reply to a thread it notifies me when someone replies to my message. That way I can have an actual discussion with someone about the topic. On team liquid if I post a reply, I have to keep scrolling through pages to see if someone quoted/ replied to me. I have to basically sit at my computer and keep refreshing the page if I want a simple discussion or reply from someone.

i.e. I posted on page 2 of a thread. I went and ate dinner. I came back and the thread was 20 pages long, but someone replied to my post on page 3. There is no point in replying back to him because there is no way they would ever see it unless they hardcore search through every post on each page.

I was wondering if there was a way you guys could set up some type of notification system when someone quotes your post so you can reply to theirs and have an actual discussion with someone instead of posting blindly into a thread.


IDK...I would think if you cared enough about the topic to have a conversation, wouldn't it be better to actually read the entirety of the thread...?

Failing that, you could always do a search for your username, check content only, and see if someone quoted you that way


To get the full information out of the topic, yes, it would be best to read the whole thing. But are people honestly going to read every single thread? most are onwards from 30-100 pages not to mention LR threads. I think it would actually help to create some real conversations in the LR threads. Maybe not in a majority quite yet, but there will be real feedback behind the "ZERG IS UP. PROTOSS NO SKILL"

I did not know about the content search thing. That does work but it's still much of a hassle plus I doubt many people know about it.

I think I will do what bkrow said and post this in the website feedback section. thanks =)

If you can chill. chill. - Liquid'Tyler
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-10 00:31:33
June 09 2011 19:13 GMT
#3895
Using the search feature, like the good monkey that I am.... I noticed something quite a few times that, IMO, could use some sort of change.

With the amount of bullshit posted on TL these days, mainly in the form of 1 or 2 line OP's... my search results generally get totally buried in 30 closed threads whining about this player or another, this caster or another, units, builds blah blah. Is there any way someone could alter the way the Search results display, to put closed threads at the bottom?

It's an unfortunate result of all the really bad threads being made, and I figure this would also show TL's better face when "new" users try the Search feature. They wont get a face-full of what, essentially, are some of the worst threads created. More quality results would always be at the top
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
June 10 2011 02:37 GMT
#3896
On June 09 2011 21:58 hacklebeast wrote:
If I wanted to get monthly ELO for a few select progamers

A) Is that information that TL stores?
b) Who should I PM about it?

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd_select.php
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 10 2011 02:47 GMT
#3897
On June 10 2011 04:13 cursor wrote:
Using the search feature, like the good monkey that I am.... I noticed something quite a few times that, IMO, could use some sort of change.

With the amount of bullshit posted on TL these days, mainly in the form of 1 or 2 line OP's... my search results generally get totally buried in 30 closed threads whining about this player or another, this caster or another, units, builds blah blah. Is there any way someone could alter the way the Search results display, to put closed threads at the bottom?

It's an unfortunate result of all the really bad threads being made, and I figure this would also show TL's better face when "new" users try the Search feature. They wont get a face-full of what, essentially, are some of the worst threads created. More quality results would always be at the top


If you know which forum it is in, you can select it on the drop-down bar and use that.
Sadly, if the topic is a closed one, it won't remedy your issue ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
June 10 2011 02:56 GMT
#3898
On June 10 2011 11:37 Hurricane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2011 21:58 hacklebeast wrote:
If I wanted to get monthly ELO for a few select progamers

A) Is that information that TL stores?
b) Who should I PM about it?

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd_select.php


I may not have been clear enough, but I was looking for past ELOs, not just current and peak. That may be somewhere in TLPD, but I don't know where to look.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
June 10 2011 03:10 GMT
#3899
My bad, I figured it would be in there. I think your best bet would be kespa or playxp, so maybe PM some translators?
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
June 10 2011 03:12 GMT
#3900
Recently came across this blog

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=231999

My question is why was this one randomly closed even though he's been posting the same type of blog for over 124 nonconsecutive days?
Can you feel the rush?
Prev 1 193 194 195 196 197 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 255
MaxPax 241
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 65
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi974
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_254
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko426
crisheroes350
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing2184
B2W.Neo518
DeMusliM271
byalli255
Hui .200
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX155
Mew2King76
Rex36
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 52m
Replay Cast
8h 37m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.