• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9043 users

New England SC2: Boomkin Lan center Haverhill, MA

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
November 03 2010 00:32 GMT
#1
So we have had a lot of tournaments in the past few months in the New England area. I have been lucky enough to be a part of a vast majority of them. Recently, I was made aware of a new LAN center in Haverhill, MA. It is designed mostly for consoles, atm, but I spoke with the owner at length and he is very interested in adding computers to his mix.

What I would like to do, is see what kind of interest we have in the area for a casual tournament at this location. It will be more like a real LAN where we would game, hang out and chat, as well as look into the potential for holding a real tournament on location. So this thread is to find out the interest in participating.

None of the specifics are figured out yet, but atm it is BYOC and laptops are preferred. There may also be conversation about a NE league... if I can get in contact with the guy that wanted to get it going that is. So, interest?
Founder of the New England SC2 League
XxForgexX
Profile Joined July 2009
12 Posts
November 03 2010 00:51 GMT
#2
ding!
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
November 03 2010 09:36 GMT
#3
/me does count voice from Sesame Street

ONE! One post! ah ah ah!
Founder of the New England SC2 League
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
November 03 2010 15:06 GMT
#4
It'd definitely be interested!
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
November 03 2010 15:12 GMT
#5
YUP
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
bashiz
Profile Joined October 2006
United States6 Posts
November 03 2010 15:26 GMT
#6
It would be awesome to start a NE league and I will def participate
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
November 03 2010 15:33 GMT
#7
Well judging by the boston SC2 thread I would say that people are very interested in this.

Unfortunately I'm going to be moving away before this gets started up.
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
Auhsoj
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States109 Posts
November 03 2010 16:01 GMT
#8
Im interested, perhaps a NE star league would be great, I would love to see what we can do about that. . . .
If first you don't succeed, DT
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-03 16:13:29
November 03 2010 16:10 GMT
#9
haven't been able to make it out to any of the other NE lans a little to far for me to travel but this is a good distance you can bet ill be there.

Edit: extra idea we need to also try and find a place in or around the boston area i know a few people in that area who would be defiantly
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
November 03 2010 16:31 GMT
#10
i'd for sure be in,,, anythingt o increase NE community
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
November 03 2010 16:38 GMT
#11
Checked out the place myself. Although definitely set-up for console gaming, like Drogith said there's definitely the possibility that the owner will add computers.

I visited them and checked out their pricing and everything, it all looks very good. When I came in it was $5 for the day (which is super super cheap), I'm pretty sure that price should go up especially if he wants to bring in computers, but still even if were a few dollars more it'd be well worth our money.

They're open throughout the week from I think 5 in the afternoon to midnight (not entirely accurate). So if we keep showing interest, it'll be more likely that we'll have a nice LAN center in the future. We all got to remember that these leagues all originated from PC Bangs (although in Korea), so we got to do what we can to support them. If anything, we could be helping out the PC Bang culture in the US. I've been to other countries where their PC gaming centers are packed, like all day long, and it's a ton of fun to just be there.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
November 03 2010 17:13 GMT
#12
Wow, this is a bigger reaction than I was expecting... which is awesome btw. I'll take a look at the calendar and figure out a date to set this up. Most likely it will be December 11th or 18th based on current tournaments in the area and ones that are possible.

In the meantime, to get the league on the roll, I need a few things from you guys to help out.
Muzzy: Get in contact with Taylor(TheControl) and see how the website is going, since it was his initial idea and I want to know if we can present it. If not, we'll be looking for volunteers to help out there.
Everyone else: Get the word out to people you know in NE and make sure to vote on a day (As if you didn't enough yesterday).

Poll: Which Saturday in December

4th (1st weekend) (12)
 
50%

18th (3rd weekend) (7)
 
29%

11th (2nd weekend) (5)
 
21%

24 total votes

Your vote: Which Saturday in December

(Vote): 4th (1st weekend)
(Vote): 11th (2nd weekend)
(Vote): 18th (3rd weekend)



I am going to get in contact with the owner of Boomkin on Friday, after I have some poll results, to set everything up. I look forward to getting this ball rolling. As a side note we will be helping a LAN center get new legs
Founder of the New England SC2 League
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
November 04 2010 15:31 GMT
#13
I'll see if I can get in touch with Control. I haven't seen him online as much lately...
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
November 05 2010 01:12 GMT
#14
how about start it next sept >.> when im back ok? thanks~~
Can you feel the rush?
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
November 05 2010 01:18 GMT
#15
I'm in.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
November 05 2010 15:44 GMT
#16
5-1-0 I'll be calling the guy today and setting everything up. Like I had mentioned before, it is more console friendly and works good for laptops, so if you have a laptop that you wouldn't mind bringing in for yourself and others to use, please do so and PM me if you are. I'm going to see about bringing my PC in to hook up to one of the big screens.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
November 05 2010 15:48 GMT
#17
Looking forward to it, This one is actually gonna be on dates I can attend (unlike the other New England LANs that have been going on). Thanks for doing all the hard work Drogith lol.
Logo
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
November 05 2010 16:50 GMT
#18
A lan in MA? Sweetness! I'd love to attend one.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
November 05 2010 17:36 GMT
#19
This sounds pretty sweet.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
November 06 2010 02:13 GMT
#20
Alrighty, so I just spoke with the manager about the 4th and we are all set. It will be more of a meet & greet type old school LAN than a tournament. He's going to start advertising in house about it as well as getting the local Gamestop in Plaistow, NH to help out (they have a small partnership). So this looks to be good. At the moment, prices for all day are up in the air for the event, but it looks like it may end up being ~$15 for the day. I'll have more information as we get closer.

@Logo: Not a problem at all.

I really want, and I know a lot of other people want, to see this evolve into a great community for New England. I have no problem leading the charge as long as you guys follow.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft410
RuFF_SC2 214
Nina 85
-ZergGirl 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2182
Bale 20
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 9
sorry 7
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1170
taco 410
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox774
Other Games
summit1g8698
JimRising 742
Day[9].tv473
WinterStarcraft312
C9.Mang0281
Sick148
Livibee142
Maynarde141
ViBE94
ArmadaUGS24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick910
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream172
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota234
League of Legends
• Stunt351
Other Games
• Day9tv473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 56m
Stellar Fest
8h 56m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.