• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:46
CEST 10:46
KST 17:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9314 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 110

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 383 Next
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
March 22 2012 07:05 GMT
#2181
On March 22 2012 15:04 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 14:29 Mordanis wrote:
Yoo hoo! I just got my new DAS keyboard (proffesional, not silent) in the mail today, and it is so much fun to type on! The only problem is that it is a little bit louder than I was expecting because I wanted to get the silent model and misclicked on the order screen. The seller said that they would accept exchanges, but now I'm not sure if I want to wait 2 weeks for shipping to get a keyboard that is only midly less clicky. Personally I have no problem with it, but I do live with my family and I'm not sure how they'll like it......

Anyways, I love it and I'm thinking that I'll just use it and if nobody complains stay with the blue switches :D


Browns are rather loud as well, even though they don't have the click. Just type on it for awhile and if it really annoys you go ahead and exchange.

The more I type on it the less I feel I will ever be able to go to anything else in the world. I think I whave to keep it, and hope that I don't keep my grandfather awake all night with the clacking ;D

It is just so much fun to type on!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually going to start writing up my physics lab tonight that I could wait even longer to do just because this keyboard is so much fun to type on! Anti-procrastination through amazing keyboards ftw ;p
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 22 2012 11:05 GMT
#2182
On March 22 2012 16:05 Mordanis wrote:

The more I type on it the less I feel I will ever be able to go to anything else in the world. I think I whave to keep it, and hope that I don't keep my grandfather awake all night with the clacking ;D

It is just so much fun to type on!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually going to start writing up my physics lab tonight that I could wait even longer to do just because this keyboard is so much fun to type on! Anti-procrastination through amazing keyboards ftw ;p


Agreed. Cherry MX Blue keys are so fun to type on. I use blue keys also and I love typing and even game on this keyboard. Noise doesn't bother me much; in fact, I love the sound of the clicks.
Shadow_Dog
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada427 Posts
March 22 2012 23:40 GMT
#2183
Okay, this might be a weird question but does anyone know where I can buy russian keycaps for a 6gv2 or cherry black keyboards or something? I've looked in quite a few places and was unable to find them.
_Darwin_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2374 Posts
March 23 2012 23:26 GMT
#2184
I just got a red switch Rosewill and it's awesome so far. It's fun to hit keys and I'm really surprised by the sturdiness/heaviness of it.
I cant stop lactating
Lu_e
Profile Joined December 2011
United States95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 01:20:44
March 24 2012 01:09 GMT
#2185
To anyone wanting quieter keys look into o-ring modding your keycaps

and for the Russian keycaps try asking on geekhack.org they may have a much faster answer & I feel there should be Cherry MX rus caps SOMEWHERE
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
March 24 2012 23:56 GMT
#2186
I'm really surprised with how not loud my keys are. I have a das model s ( the same keyboard as destiny) and I'm not bothered by it in the slightest. I really like the sounds, so I'm not sure why you'd want to make it any quieter. I even have family around, and as long as I close the door and play some music, it's essentially impossible to hear.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
kbfreak
Profile Joined March 2012
4 Posts
March 25 2012 03:37 GMT
#2187
Just got my Ducky DK1008 and love the way it types compared to my laptop KB! Anyone know how reliable these are? Are they prone to problems or pretty long-lasting? My only complaint is the space bar doesn't feel as crisp as the other keys.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 25 2012 04:17 GMT
#2188
On March 25 2012 12:37 kbfreak wrote:
Just got my Ducky DK1008 and love the way it types compared to my laptop KB! Anyone know how reliable these are? Are they prone to problems or pretty long-lasting? My only complaint is the space bar doesn't feel as crisp as the other keys.


Ducky DK1008 is the entry level mechanical keyboard from Ducky. For its price I think that quality is pretty good, but obviously if you compare it to its higher level DK9008 series then its quality feels pretty cheap. As long as you like it and you treat your keyboard right it will last long =)
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
March 25 2012 07:31 GMT
#2189
Spacebar might easily have a different switch (e.g. cherry green), which could explain why it doesn't feel the same. I might be wrong though, and I definitely don't know about that specific keyboard.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
tenacity
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1587 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 09:30:27
March 25 2012 08:49 GMT
#2190
Noob question: If I buy a mechanical keyboard with blue switches. Can I manually change the switches to brown ones myself? Is it very risky to do so?

EDIT: My bad, I meant switching to brown
It does not need to be fun to be fun.
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
March 25 2012 09:05 GMT
#2191
You want to change the switches from blue to blue? I'm not following... do you mean the keycaps?
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 25 2012 10:39 GMT
#2192
On March 25 2012 17:49 tenacity wrote:
Noob question: If I buy a mechanical keyboard with blue switches. Can I manually change the switches to brown ones myself? Is it very risky to do so?

EDIT: My bad, I meant switching to brown


You can but I don't know if you can do that for all keyboards. Cherry brand keyboards allow you to open their keyboards and replace switches easily. I'm using the G80-3000 with blue keys and I have switched it with brown switches before. In the end I still liked blues better so I changed them back.
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
March 25 2012 20:46 GMT
#2193
I bought a thermaltake meka g1 keyboard a week ago. The build quality and key to key feel absolutely demolishes the 6gv2 IMO. Definitely one of the better cherry mx black switch keyboards out there.

Though, personally i'm not sure if i want to be sticking to this keyboard. The black switches don't seem to be fitting me well, as much as i love the keyboard.
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
IniX
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands36 Posts
March 25 2012 22:02 GMT
#2194
Thank you, I have been looking to inform myself about mechanical keyboards. What would those with experience suggest? The Zowie Gear Celeritas or the DAS Model S?
CyberSports.tv - 24/7 online eSports TV Channel!
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
March 25 2012 22:11 GMT
#2195
On March 26 2012 07:02 IniX wrote:
Thank you, I have been looking to inform myself about mechanical keyboards. What would those with experience suggest? The Zowie Gear Celeritas or the DAS Model S?


if money is no issue, das...
For the Dominion!
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
March 25 2012 22:14 GMT
#2196
On March 26 2012 05:46 Zurachi wrote:
I bought a thermaltake meka g1 keyboard a week ago. The build quality and key to key feel absolutely demolishes the 6gv2 IMO. Definitely one of the better cherry mx black switch keyboards out there.

Though, personally i'm not sure if i want to be sticking to this keyboard. The black switches don't seem to be fitting me well, as much as i love the keyboard.


i bought the 6gv2 to try it out and i loved the build quality. Most of the small (normal keys) were fine but when i got to the enter, shift or spacebar the stiffness of those large keys were unbearable.
For the Dominion!
Freddybear
Profile Joined December 2011
United States126 Posts
March 25 2012 22:21 GMT
#2197
On March 25 2012 17:49 tenacity wrote:
Noob question: If I buy a mechanical keyboard with blue switches. Can I manually change the switches to brown ones myself? Is it very risky to do so?

EDIT: My bad, I meant switching to brown


I'd imagine that it's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It would probably be a lot cheaper to sell the one keyboard and buy another.
Older than the usual n00b
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
March 25 2012 22:45 GMT
#2198
On March 25 2012 17:49 tenacity wrote:
Noob question: If I buy a mechanical keyboard with blue switches. Can I manually change the switches to brown ones myself? Is it very risky to do so?

EDIT: My bad, I meant switching to brown


If you have extra switches lying around, then sure, go for it. There are probably a few video tutorials on youtube that you can refer to. Otherwise, it's not worth the investment to buy the switches themselves just to throw them onto an existing board. Better just to buy a new keyboard altogether.
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
March 25 2012 23:56 GMT
#2199
On March 26 2012 07:45 Zurachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 17:49 tenacity wrote:
Noob question: If I buy a mechanical keyboard with blue switches. Can I manually change the switches to brown ones myself? Is it very risky to do so?

EDIT: My bad, I meant switching to brown


If you have extra switches lying around, then sure, go for it. There are probably a few video tutorials on youtube that you can refer to. Otherwise, it's not worth the investment to buy the switches themselves just to throw them onto an existing board. Better just to buy a new keyboard altogether.

I second this. You're going to find that buying another keyboard for just brown switches is just overall less time-consuming and probably cheaper than manually replacing the switches yourself. Let alone you may not successfully install the switches either. The brown switches go around for $1.75 a piece iirc, a bit cheaper if you buy in bundles, but still a lot of money nonetheless. Not to mention you have to buy enough for around 80-110 switches (depends if you have a TKL keyboard or regular keyboard with all the keys). Basically just go buy another keyboard. You'd at least have two keyboards you can switch around with for entertainment and different situations in real life.
xaoteca
Profile Joined August 2011
Czech Republic34 Posts
March 26 2012 01:31 GMT
#2200
Hello tl.net.
I want to buy my first mech KB and I need some help. I want blues or browns, as I play only SC. The problem is that I live in Czech Republic, and mechanicals are hard to get here. Basically I have option to get Blackwidow/BW Ultimate (Only Cherry Blues) for $95 and $135 respectively from a local store, or order any Das or Filco Majestouch Pro from http://getdigital.de for $175 and $205 with shipping respectively.

So I wanted to ask:
What switches would you recommend to first time user who types and plays only SC?

Are Das and Filcos worth the money, in comparison to BW? Yes, I heard that BW doesn't have the best build quality, but quite a few people like it. And is Filco worth the additional $30 over Das?

Also, if anyone from CZE or central Europe has some info on other retailers that I should look into, please let me know.
Thanks.
A voice in your head giggles... "Nahfriendthiswayyouwontfindmeyoullhavetobemorepatient!" "Meetsomecompanionsofmineinthemeantime!" Suddenly several figures appear out of nowhere!
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1155
Hyuk 736
Leta 80
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 59
Yoon 49
soO 49
Aegong 45
Sharp 35
Hm[arnc] 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 22
Larva 22
Bale 21
Sacsri 11
ZerO 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 130
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
byalli618
shoxiejesuss560
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor925
crisheroes1
Other Games
summit1g9532
singsing1220
olofmeister1035
ceh9595
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS46
trigger7
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Rush1206
• Stunt505
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 14m
OSC
13h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.