• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:14
CEST 02:14
KST 09:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8225 users

The Ultimate Mouse Thread - Page 244

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 242 243 244 245 246 Next
Nightglider
Profile Joined October 2020
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-09 19:59:55
December 09 2020 19:55 GMT
#4861
On December 10 2020 02:38 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
You got to think though, this is for FPS gaming where quick reactions and precision is paramount. Using a big mouse when your fingertips are on the wrong end of the mouse button can easily be like playing with an extra 0.05s reaction or 50 ping which is like life and death for those type of games. Plus if you palm grip you can use a bigger mice which is likely how you are using intellimouse since the shape isn't suitable for anything else for smaller hands. There is no substitute for being able to try out mice, but for many, there isn't that possibility.

I've seen too many children or young teens or women playing with mice that are too big for them (there doesn't seem to be any gaming mouse for non-adult hands or even female hands anymore) to discount that hand size is an important factor. It's a useful chart anyways, I wanted to buy a gaming mouse for a younger cousin a few years ago and there was no chart like this then and I had to manually go through several websites to get measurements and many don't even give that infomation.



There are actually quite some options for lady sized hands tbh.. CoolerMaster MM710/MM711, Razer Viper Mini, Razer Deathadder Mini, steelseries sensei, Ducky Feather, model o-... just to name a couple of the best options on the market right now. Those are REALLY small, some of those were actually too small for my small hands.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
December 09 2020 21:14 GMT
#4862
On December 09 2020 04:51 Nightglider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2020 14:06 TT1 wrote:
look up some of these: https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-mice

it comes down to your hand size and grip


I'd argue the whole hand size thing is bull. So many people have used big mice with small or average hands, so many people with giant hands have used the steelseries sensei stuff for example.

The whole hand size thing would mean it's an exact science, which it definitely isn't.

Used the intelli 3.0 for ages, with relatively small hands and the 3.0 is still one of the largest ergo mice our there.

People can use it as a guideline if they really want to, but I feel like they should just try anything and everything to find out what kind of mice in terms of size, grip and ergo or ambi they perform best with. No one can do that for you.


Size and grip narrows down the range of mice to look for. Within that range you have to figure out other stuff as well, such as switch feel (mouse click), weight etc.
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Nightglider
Profile Joined October 2020
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-10 13:00:39
December 10 2020 13:00 GMT
#4863
On December 10 2020 06:14 TT1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2020 04:51 Nightglider wrote:
On December 06 2020 14:06 TT1 wrote:
look up some of these: https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-mice

it comes down to your hand size and grip


I'd argue the whole hand size thing is bull. So many people have used big mice with small or average hands, so many people with giant hands have used the steelseries sensei stuff for example.

The whole hand size thing would mean it's an exact science, which it definitely isn't.

Used the intelli 3.0 for ages, with relatively small hands and the 3.0 is still one of the largest ergo mice our there.

People can use it as a guideline if they really want to, but I feel like they should just try anything and everything to find out what kind of mice in terms of size, grip and ergo or ambi they perform best with. No one can do that for you.


Size and grip narrows down the range of mice to look for. Within that range you have to figure out other stuff as well, such as switch feel (mouse click), weight etc.



If I were to apply that range, I'd have missed out on some of the best stuff I ever used. I get it though, but I'd argue it limits your options even to the point where you, just like myself, would miss out on potentially something that would work incredibly well, even if it falls out of the range of what would suit you according to your handsize. It's not an exact science, we all know that. Same with weight, people are so obsessed with light weight mice while I know players who really perform better with the heavier stuff so it's kinda dangerous to be like "your handsize is this so these are your options, have fun". Rather not follow the bandwagon and find things out on my own without limiting my options.

The only limit that people benefit from is limiting the specific sensors to look for. I'd rather shoot myself than suggest the intelli 3.0 to anyone nowadays, its sensor was amazing back in the stone age, now? It's dreadful. Sensors are the only thing where I'm like "only those sensors and nothing else", because there you can definitely talk about exact science.

I don't mind agreeing to disagree though, as I know a lot of people will be like "yeah but.." and I'm like "sure go ahead, whatever floats your boat, wanna limit your options based on the size of your hand? go ahead, you'll definitely find something you'll like either way"
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-10 14:25:44
December 10 2020 14:06 GMT
#4864
On December 10 2020 04:55 Nightglider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2020 02:38 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
You got to think though, this is for FPS gaming where quick reactions and precision is paramount. Using a big mouse when your fingertips are on the wrong end of the mouse button can easily be like playing with an extra 0.05s reaction or 50 ping which is like life and death for those type of games. Plus if you palm grip you can use a bigger mice which is likely how you are using intellimouse since the shape isn't suitable for anything else for smaller hands. There is no substitute for being able to try out mice, but for many, there isn't that possibility.

I've seen too many children or young teens or women playing with mice that are too big for them (there doesn't seem to be any gaming mouse for non-adult hands or even female hands anymore) to discount that hand size is an important factor. It's a useful chart anyways, I wanted to buy a gaming mouse for a younger cousin a few years ago and there was no chart like this then and I had to manually go through several websites to get measurements and many don't even give that infomation.



There are actually quite some options for lady sized hands tbh.. CoolerMaster MM710/MM711, Razer Viper Mini, Razer Deathadder Mini, steelseries sensei, Ducky Feather, model o-... just to name a couple of the best options on the market right now. Those are REALLY small, some of those were actually too small for my small hands.
Those aren't sized for women, they are just a half a cm shorter than the average sized mouse. My wife finds those mice are too big. Could be a cm or two shorter and it would be fine.

Hands like other anatomy come in various sizes. Think of clothes. Some women have to wear petite sized clothes, clothes that would normally be sized for children, but are produced for grown women due to the large proportion of women who are naturally petite. Currently mice are like as if clothes come in only one size. Sure some companies might produce more than one mice but that mice always comes in one size, and that size is chosen to fitroughly as many adult males as possible. In the past there were mice like the Zowie mico and I think Steelseries made a similar model too. Those are all gone now. Perhaps there wasn't the market for those anymore.
Nightglider
Profile Joined October 2020
13 Posts
December 11 2020 09:47 GMT
#4865
On December 10 2020 23:06 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2020 04:55 Nightglider wrote:
On December 10 2020 02:38 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
You got to think though, this is for FPS gaming where quick reactions and precision is paramount. Using a big mouse when your fingertips are on the wrong end of the mouse button can easily be like playing with an extra 0.05s reaction or 50 ping which is like life and death for those type of games. Plus if you palm grip you can use a bigger mice which is likely how you are using intellimouse since the shape isn't suitable for anything else for smaller hands. There is no substitute for being able to try out mice, but for many, there isn't that possibility.

I've seen too many children or young teens or women playing with mice that are too big for them (there doesn't seem to be any gaming mouse for non-adult hands or even female hands anymore) to discount that hand size is an important factor. It's a useful chart anyways, I wanted to buy a gaming mouse for a younger cousin a few years ago and there was no chart like this then and I had to manually go through several websites to get measurements and many don't even give that infomation.



There are actually quite some options for lady sized hands tbh.. CoolerMaster MM710/MM711, Razer Viper Mini, Razer Deathadder Mini, steelseries sensei, Ducky Feather, model o-... just to name a couple of the best options on the market right now. Those are REALLY small, some of those were actually too small for my small hands.
Those aren't sized for women, they are just a half a cm shorter than the average sized mouse. My wife finds those mice are too big. Could be a cm or two shorter and it would be fine.

Hands like other anatomy come in various sizes. Think of clothes. Some women have to wear petite sized clothes, clothes that would normally be sized for children, but are produced for grown women due to the large proportion of women who are naturally petite. Currently mice are like as if clothes come in only one size. Sure some companies might produce more than one mice but that mice always comes in one size, and that size is chosen to fitroughly as many adult males as possible. In the past there were mice like the Zowie mico and I think Steelseries made a similar model too. Those are all gone now. Perhaps there wasn't the market for those anymore.


Hmm, sometimes I forget I'm still a man when it comes to handsizes. I'm a small guy (just shy of 5"6) and my wife's about the same and told her like I really feel like I have lady sized hands at times and she looked at me and she started laughing, put her hands to mine and mine were obviously bigger and she was like.. NOPE.

DreamMachines made the DM3 Mini, which was similar to the old steelseries kinzu mice, but it's been discontinued unfortunately. That's about the smallest I can think of in recent times. Guess small for us guys really is too big still for a lot of women.
SPL1T
Profile Joined June 2021
12 Posts
June 15 2021 21:01 GMT
#4866
Curious on what everyone is using nowadays with loads of good mice coming out.
Just ordered CM MM720, I wasn’t a pc gamer back when spawn/xornet was a loved shape.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
June 15 2021 22:25 GMT
#4867
waiting on the MZ1
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
SPL1T
Profile Joined June 2021
12 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-15 22:43:04
June 15 2021 22:36 GMT
#4868
On June 16 2021 07:25 TT1 wrote:
waiting on the MZ1

Looks great and hear great things. I just cant finger tip grip
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-06-17 18:14:13
June 17 2021 18:13 GMT
#4869
My zowie fk2 is still going strong after 6+ years, finger tip grip tho
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
SPL1T
Profile Joined June 2021
12 Posts
June 29 2021 03:22 GMT
#4870
Loving the mm720! Kinda want to order the teamwolf mk-01 lurker.
It’s a updated super lightweight mico.
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
July 03 2021 09:18 GMT
#4871
Using the xm1r, definitely one of the best I've ever used. Ditched my model o straight away.

I remember trying the first gpw and its balance felt a bit off, no idea if they've improved. Heard the Viper wireless is amazing, but its price is a bit off putting.
SPL1T
Profile Joined June 2021
12 Posts
July 03 2021 16:18 GMT
#4872
On July 03 2021 18:18 Purressure wrote:
Using the xm1r, definitely one of the best I've ever used. Ditched my model o straight away.

I remember trying the first gpw and its balance felt a bit off, no idea if they've improved. Heard the Viper wireless is amazing, but its price is a bit off putting.

I got the first xm1. It’s a lil slippery and cable sucks might paracord it and throw some grips on it.
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-08-25 15:17:53
July 03 2021 18:50 GMT
#4873
***
SPL1T
Profile Joined June 2021
12 Posts
July 04 2021 03:21 GMT
#4874
On July 04 2021 03:50 Purressure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2021 01:18 SPL1T wrote:
On July 03 2021 18:18 Purressure wrote:
Using the xm1r, definitely one of the best I've ever used. Ditched my model o straight away.

I remember trying the first gpw and its balance felt a bit off, no idea if they've improved. Heard the Viper wireless is amazing, but its price is a bit off putting.

I got the first xm1. It’s a lil slippery and cable sucks might paracord it and throw some grips on it.


No issues here and the cable is fine, prefer it over the model o cable, can't compare it to the first xm1 as I never held one but I guess they've thrown out the negatives and only added/changed things for the better.

If you're gonna have to go out your way to change it significantly in order to like it, I'd simply get the xm1r or just a different mouse altogether.

A lot of good mice out there, the model o was great too, just not as good as the xm1r for me personally. Same with the DreamMachines DM1 FPS, hands down one of the best I've ever used and it's cheap.

Haven't tried many of the newer ones but I can already tell if my xm1r dies, I'll probably try out the gpw superlight, did some research during the day and it seems like it's a LOT better than the original gpw. It's expensive but meh, no wire to mess with.

Did the same with my headphones, went wireless and keeping my r70x from audio-technica as my reserve. Worth the money.

I’m really digging my mm720. It was a thought to mod my xm1 and it would only cost like 20 bucks and paracord and bungee is just as good for me.
I might try this new updated mico clone it’s like 45
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-08-25 15:18:08
July 04 2021 06:51 GMT
#4875
***
SPL1T
Profile Joined June 2021
12 Posts
July 04 2021 14:40 GMT
#4876
On July 04 2021 15:51 Purressure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2021 12:21 SPL1T wrote:
On July 04 2021 03:50 Purressure wrote:
On July 04 2021 01:18 SPL1T wrote:
On July 03 2021 18:18 Purressure wrote:
Using the xm1r, definitely one of the best I've ever used. Ditched my model o straight away.

I remember trying the first gpw and its balance felt a bit off, no idea if they've improved. Heard the Viper wireless is amazing, but its price is a bit off putting.

I got the first xm1. It’s a lil slippery and cable sucks might paracord it and throw some grips on it.


No issues here and the cable is fine, prefer it over the model o cable, can't compare it to the first xm1 as I never held one but I guess they've thrown out the negatives and only added/changed things for the better.

If you're gonna have to go out your way to change it significantly in order to like it, I'd simply get the xm1r or just a different mouse altogether.

A lot of good mice out there, the model o was great too, just not as good as the xm1r for me personally. Same with the DreamMachines DM1 FPS, hands down one of the best I've ever used and it's cheap.

Haven't tried many of the newer ones but I can already tell if my xm1r dies, I'll probably try out the gpw superlight, did some research during the day and it seems like it's a LOT better than the original gpw. It's expensive but meh, no wire to mess with.

Did the same with my headphones, went wireless and keeping my r70x from audio-technica as my reserve. Worth the money.

I’m really digging my mm720. It was a thought to mod my xm1 and it would only cost like 20 bucks and paracord and bungee is just as good for me.
I might try this new updated mico clone it’s like 45



Yeah the mm720 felt good too, just a bit too small for me but the shape itself was good, can definitely say it's a mouse worth the money if you have smaller hands. Not sure what mouse you're talking about (the mico clone).

Teamwolf lurker mk-01
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-08-25 15:18:30
July 04 2021 18:15 GMT
#4877
***
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
July 17 2021 18:42 GMT
#4878
I need a new mice, but I am not a fan of this trend of holes in the shell to reduce weight due to cleaning concerns and that it is just plain ugly in my eyes. If they really wanted to reduce weight, instead of holes, they would remove all those RGB lighting and make a proper lightweight semi-monocoque structure that is lighter yet retains the strength.
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-08-25 15:18:42
July 17 2021 19:20 GMT
#4879
***
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
July 19 2021 20:44 GMT
#4880
Thank you Purressure. I never heard of the xm1r or the DM1 or their companies before.
Prev 1 242 243 244 245 246 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 153
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 931
ZZZero.O 151
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
League of Legends
Doublelift4533
JimRising 753
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10251
FrodaN2964
C9.Mang0244
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP96
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 46m
Replay Cast
22h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.