• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6212 users

What gaming mouse is best for Starcraft 2? - Page 4

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 44 45 46 Next All
Joseki
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States200 Posts
June 16 2010 13:13 GMT
#61
Razer Death Adder - I swear by it its perfect.
Battle.net 2.0 - The only place you can be alone with 20,000 other people.
Saafen
Profile Joined January 2007
Sweden79 Posts
June 16 2010 13:14 GMT
#62
Wheel Mouse Optical. Small and fast.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Best cheap rts mouse EVER! With everglide mousemath! (or similar ones (: )
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
June 16 2010 13:17 GMT
#63
On June 16 2010 22:13 Joseki wrote:
Razer Death Adder - I swear by it its perfect.


I really hate its form. I don't feel comfortable with it but eh! if you like it it's all good
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Deagle
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania108 Posts
June 16 2010 13:18 GMT
#64
[image loading]
Darpinion
Profile Joined January 2010
United States210 Posts
June 16 2010 13:22 GMT
#65
On June 16 2010 19:12 bubusls wrote:
I have both a Razer Lachesis and an Abyssus, and they're both fine, but they're definitely not made for RTS, just get a simple optical no nonsense mouse like all the pros use, preferably one that slides well and you're in great shape.

I'm curious why you think the Lachesis isn't good for RTS. I use it and think it works fine. What problems do you have with it?
"A well formulated question is more important than the answer." -Albert Einstein
Onlinejaguar
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia2823 Posts
June 16 2010 13:22 GMT
#66
Im using the Logitech G500, I think its a brilliant mouse.
architekt
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany64 Posts
June 16 2010 13:26 GMT
#67
was planning on buying a salmosa since its only 50g, but decided that the shape is not suited for claw. now i have a kinzu, it is 70g but i quite like it. very good design imo
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
June 16 2010 13:39 GMT
#68
On June 16 2010 22:26 architekt wrote:
was planning on buying a salmosa since its only 50g, but decided that the shape is not suited for claw. now i have a kinzu, it is 70g but i quite like it. very good design imo


I use claw on it, but my hands are big.
Grey6sd
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland5 Posts
June 16 2010 13:47 GMT
#69
I recommend the Razer Salmosa. I was skeptical that a £20 "gaming" mouse was going to be much of an improvement than the shitty 1000 button, unbranded optical bullshit I had beforehand, but I felt a major difference. So yeah, I recommend a Salmosa, but a lot of mice will probably fill a similar role.

Also, probably an idea to get a good mousepad first, if you don't already. Most of the cheap mousepads have the texture of sand paper and a "grain" so your movement isn't even across it from all sides. Again, I'm using a Razer "gol"-something, which is good. It was cheap too, but, again, a lot of different mousepads will fill a similar role.

Sorry to sound like a Razer fanboy.(Their keyboards suck.)
Salty
Profile Joined June 2010
United States90 Posts
June 16 2010 13:52 GMT
#70
Any razer mouse is just amazing. I will personally be getting that Spectre mouse because, well hot damn it looks nice.
Needs more salt.
architekt
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany64 Posts
June 16 2010 13:55 GMT
#71
oh ic, but isnt the tip almost pointing upwards?
using razer lycosa since almost 2 years and never had any problems. feels good.
HopeNDespair
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom12 Posts
June 16 2010 14:33 GMT
#72
I've been using the Razer Deathadder for the last couple years and I wouldnt recommend anything else.
"I think you have finally achieved so dumb it just might work"
graphene
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland211 Posts
June 16 2010 14:45 GMT
#73
razer deathadder or mamba feels so right :D
cloud computing is the future
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 14:59:55
June 16 2010 14:49 GMT
#74
I've always been a fan of razer mice.

Do you use palm grip? Then get the DeathAdder.

Do you use claw grip? Then get the Salmosa (or Krait if you can find it)
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Thall
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Switzerland214 Posts
June 16 2010 14:53 GMT
#75
i recommend you the razer salmosa, it's not very expensive and by FAR the best mouse i have ever used. I own mine since like 2 years and it's still as good as the day i bought it.
This strategy is made of balls ! - Nick "Tasteless" Plott, during GSL cast
comis
Profile Joined April 2010
United States333 Posts
June 16 2010 14:54 GMT
#76
Been using the Intellimouse for over 7 years now. It's the best mouse ever made, hands down. The only thing it doesn't have is macros, and those are really just a half step below hacking to begin with, so I don't mind living without them.
Peekay.switch
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada285 Posts
June 16 2010 14:55 GMT
#77
For those on you interested in trying something new, Saitek is coming out with a new mouse called R.A.T.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

I Currently own a MX518 and will most likely buy the R.A.T. 7. I'd really like to try it out first but I Really like the concept and the look of it!

A Few reviews are out already as well as a few Hands On.
Moutas
Profile Joined April 2007
Greece158 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 15:05:51
June 16 2010 14:58 GMT
#78
[image loading]

No joke, that was the mouse I had when I started playing SC:BW. It was my sister's birthday present that she never used. Obviously I could micro so easily with this mouse (yeah right)

On topic though, I think any mouse that feels comfortable is good enough for SC2. It doesn't need to have 200 buttons, extra random features or look like it's going to take off, just basic stuff will do. I'm currently using a simple Logitech mouse that cost like €10.
aka DeA & GRC-DeathLink
LuckyLuke43
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway169 Posts
June 16 2010 15:05 GMT
#79
Microsoft Intelli 3.0 - Best gaming mouse of all time.

light weight, good feel, nice comfortable design, I believe it's limited to 1000mhz although I'm not too sure. However 1000mhz on a mouse should be wayyy sufficient for playing basically any rts.

Maybe it has a 0,01% difference when playing FPS, idk.

Still, this mouse isn't being made anymore, so another intelli might be the answer.

If you're more of a logitech person, I'd again go for one of the ancient warriors, the Mx510. This one has also gone out of production(which is why I bought 5 off of eBay couple years ago lol). In the case you can't find it, you could always go for the newer Mx518, which I personally think is way less of a gaming mouse than the Mx510, but ;P

Or just go for the newer age mice, but idk, I find most of them include this obnoxious software and drivers for it to work(fucking razor software is just cheap and ugly and messes up everything for a gamer), so I personally steer clear of those.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Leoj
Profile Joined January 2010
United States396 Posts
June 16 2010 15:12 GMT
#80
I have an mx518 and I love it
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 44 45 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 179
ProTech120
ViBE113
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15480
Rain 1540
GuemChi 900
Artosis 700
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever459
Counter-Strike
taco 65
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox844
Mew2King90
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 489
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• davetesta23
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra575
• Shiphtur389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 56m
INu's Battles
9h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 56m
OSC
21h 11m
Replay Cast
21h 56m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.