• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7058 users

Best Gaming Headset? - Page 32

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 38 Next All
Xova
Profile Joined November 2010
United States342 Posts
January 23 2012 21:20 GMT
#621
On January 24 2012 05:15 NokCha wrote:
Anyone have an opinion on the astro a40s? I'm thinking of buying one from a friend for $110


I have A40's, they are pretty expensive if bought new, but they are amazing headphones, if they work perfectly, have zero problems, and come with the mixamp $110 is a good deal. I love my A40's they are comfortable, amazing sound/mic quality and stylish I say go for it!
If you're a Starcraft fan, you're an Lim Yo Hwan fan.
Arnovic
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands49 Posts
February 04 2012 12:38 GMT
#622
So Im planning to buy a gaming headset but dont have any clue which are good..
Im looking for something that I can also take with me when Im travelling to listen to my iPod.
Also it would be nice if it would be strong so that it wont break easily.
I've got a reasonable budget so I'd love to hear you guyes' suggestions
"Probes and Pylons, man. That's the key to life... and occasionally, to Starcraft 2"
Nancial
Profile Joined July 2011
197 Posts
February 04 2012 12:59 GMT
#623
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/headsets/devices/5848
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 13:38:18
February 04 2012 13:32 GMT
#624
id suggest you check http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-line-microphone . Its the site that convinced me to get a cowon mp3 over any other in my price range and i am extremely happy with the product.

They focus on audio only, so people there (in forums) can give you an amazing amount of information about what to get.

Just make sure you specify your needs and likes:

For example:
"I will use my headphones for A,B,C in that order"
"I like boomy basses" or "I like clear mid range sounds"

Personally i use senheiser hd 380 pro (no mic) and an external mic, and i can say that in general its a decent brand (id say its somewhere between decent and very good sound quality, yet the price is affordable). (Im assuming a 1000+ dollar headset with a 200+ dollar sound card as "best" in this case).

Also note that you should consider if you want open cans or closed cans (opened means you hear the exterior and the exterior hears your music/games, but have a bit more natural sounds, while closed cans negate a bit of the sound from the exterior but feels a bit less natural. In my case, i like closed cans a lot more).

Hope this helps a bit.

Edit: also you should tell people what sort of sound card you are using. Some sound cards wont give you the best performance with an expensive headset.

Also you might want to have a look here:

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=gaming headset
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
Arnovic
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands49 Posts
February 04 2012 14:16 GMT
#625
Any chance you guyes know a headset which has a mic that I can take out or smth like that?
"Probes and Pylons, man. That's the key to life... and occasionally, to Starcraft 2"
ForgottenOne
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania236 Posts
February 09 2012 15:26 GMT
#626
I need help with buying a headset. I have specific constraints and I don't know how to choose to satisfy them.

1. It needs to isolate me from surrounding noise very well. Especially from keyboard clicks. I'm a Software Developer and I have a colleague sitting close to me. His keyboard is absolutely crazy noisy and his typing is chaotic. I really really need a solution to not hear that when I'm trying to focus.

One solution for 1. is to have the music loud which kinda works with the appropriate music I sometimes listen (heavy metal and stuff). But sometimes I want to listen to less loud music.

2. It needs to not be heard loudly by the other colleagues. I have this older colleague, sitting a little further, that doesn't like to hear loud music coming from my headset (which happens when I up the volume for heavy metal to block out the other colleague)

3. My budget goes as high as a Steelseries Siberia v.2 but I want to cover very well the two constraints, especially the first one, and however good SSv2 is, I don't know whether is appropriate.

+ Show Spoiler +

Each table is 1.2 m x 0.5 m. The distances typed in are between tables.

Wall - 0.5m - empty - 0.5m - Loud Typist - 0.5m - Sensitive Old Guy - 0.5m - Wall/Window
|
0.5 m
|
Wall - 0.5m -MYSELF-0.5m -Empty Table- 0.5m - Empty Table ------- Door - Wall/Window
Born free, as free as the wind blows...
IPS.Blue
Profile Joined January 2004
Germany309 Posts
February 10 2012 15:39 GMT
#627
On December 27 2011 23:32 Jaxtyk wrote:
ath m50s with a good clip on mic

The ATH-M50s is superb, but what would be a fitting clip on mic?
Gorillamask
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark48 Posts
March 09 2012 10:24 GMT
#628
Just a quick question. I have tried searching both TL and the internet in general but find it difficult to get a straight answer. I use my iMac (lol, I know) for playing, and I am looking for a new headset. As many other I have been looking at the Steelseries Siberia V2. However, I can't figure out which or if all versions are compatible with iMac. There's of course the pricy PS3/Mac one but was wondering if anyone had another version of the Siberia V2 that also works with iMac. Don't really want to dish out a lot of money if it doesn't work.
Thanks in advance!
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
March 09 2012 13:45 GMT
#629
I'm using the Ozone Attack Snow Limited Edition, and I highly recommend it simply because it provides really good audio and mic quality for the cheap price.
tUUTZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland122 Posts
March 09 2012 14:18 GMT
#630
Don't buy "gaming". Just buy some good headphones and cheap 10e headset for a mic/clip on mic/table mic.
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 09 2012 19:30 GMT
#631
On February 10 2012 00:26 ForgottenOne wrote:
I need help with buying a headset. I have specific constraints and I don't know how to choose to satisfy them.

1. It needs to isolate me from surrounding noise very well. Especially from keyboard clicks. I'm a Software Developer and I have a colleague sitting close to me. His keyboard is absolutely crazy noisy and his typing is chaotic. I really really need a solution to not hear that when I'm trying to focus.

One solution for 1. is to have the music loud which kinda works with the appropriate music I sometimes listen (heavy metal and stuff). But sometimes I want to listen to less loud music.

2. It needs to not be heard loudly by the other colleagues. I have this older colleague, sitting a little further, that doesn't like to hear loud music coming from my headset (which happens when I up the volume for heavy metal to block out the other colleague)

3. My budget goes as high as a Steelseries Siberia v.2 but I want to cover very well the two constraints, especially the first one, and however good SSv2 is, I don't know whether is appropriate.

+ Show Spoiler +

Each table is 1.2 m x 0.5 m. The distances typed in are between tables.

Wall - 0.5m - empty - 0.5m - Loud Typist - 0.5m - Sensitive Old Guy - 0.5m - Wall/Window
|
0.5 m
|
Wall - 0.5m -MYSELF-0.5m -Empty Table- 0.5m - Empty Table ------- Door - Wall/Window


what you're looking for in the audiophile world are defined as "closed" headphones. Essentially, the sound is trapped inside , which also means outside noise is trapped outside. The isolation means you can't hear the outside world, and the outside world can't hear your music which seems to be what you want.

in terms of value, the best closed headphones for under $100 are http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=590

but once you move into the $100-200 bracket, things get interesting and a lot of good offerings show up. http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?catID=1&subCatID=3&price=range2

good luck!
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
March 09 2012 20:05 GMT
#632
On March 09 2012 19:24 Gorillamask wrote:
Just a quick question. I have tried searching both TL and the internet in general but find it difficult to get a straight answer. I use my iMac (lol, I know) for playing, and I am looking for a new headset. As many other I have been looking at the Steelseries Siberia V2. However, I can't figure out which or if all versions are compatible with iMac. There's of course the pricy PS3/Mac one but was wondering if anyone had another version of the Siberia V2 that also works with iMac. Don't really want to dish out a lot of money if it doesn't work.
Thanks in advance!


i dont know anything about the imac but unless apple is totally crazy normal 3.5mm should work on like evrything.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
AnDa1120
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada472 Posts
March 12 2012 05:47 GMT
#633
Anyone know what headset NaDa is using here?
http://www.twitch.tv/area51_anda | @ahandyhoang | areaAnDa.751 | Terran | NaDa ♥
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 12 2012 05:57 GMT
#634
yep, its the http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition

they're pretty bad for their price though. try to find an alternative, unless you're a sheep that buys whatever their progamer of choice uses.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pull
Profile Joined April 2010
United States308 Posts
March 12 2012 06:05 GMT
#635
On May 20 2010 11:31 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2010 09:25 ZlaSHeR wrote:
Steelseries Siberia v2 are pretty much worn by every professional gamer on planet earth, except the ones that are sponsored by like......creative i guess lol

senheisers are overpriced

this~


once again...QFT
Co-Creator of the FRB Grand Tournament...Check out my epic commentaries at YouTube.com/pullsc and twitch.tv/pullsc ESPORTS FIGHTING!
meatbox
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia349 Posts
March 12 2012 06:12 GMT
#636
Best headset under $20? GO! (has to have international delivery!)
www.footballanarcy.com/forum
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 12 2012 06:21 GMT
#637
you'd be better off buying yourself a good meal for $20. there's few headsets out there that are any good at all, and the only good ones I can recommend are way WAY above $20. you can get yourself a pretty good set of in-ear monitors for that price though. thermaltake isurus pops into mind
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Antimatterz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1010 Posts
March 13 2012 02:09 GMT
#638
http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-siberia-in-ear-headset.html

How good are these? IdrA said he likes them because they are really comfortable and are high quality, but I want to make sure. $40 is pretty expensive for ear buds, but if they are actually that good it is a price I'm willing to pay. I'll also take any suggestions for better ones :D
"HotBid [11:45 AM]: i dunno i kinda like the big muta shooting smaller mutas out"
Firepaw292
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada126 Posts
March 13 2012 02:23 GMT
#639
On March 13 2012 11:09 Antimatterz wrote:
http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-siberia-in-ear-headset.html

How good are these? IdrA said he likes them because they are really comfortable and are high quality, but I want to make sure. $40 is pretty expensive for ear buds, but if they are actually that good it is a price I'm willing to pay. I'll also take any suggestions for better ones :D


The sound is good if you like treble. There's very little bass at all, but if that doesn't matter to you they're good. The buds on mine fall off all the time and when it gets cold the cord gets extremely stiff and sticks out. They're ok, but for 40$ I think next time I am going for a different pair.
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
March 13 2012 02:29 GMT
#640
On March 13 2012 11:09 Antimatterz wrote:
http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-siberia-in-ear-headset.html

How good are these? IdrA said he likes them because they are really comfortable and are high quality, but I want to make sure. $40 is pretty expensive for ear buds, but if they are actually that good it is a price I'm willing to pay. I'll also take any suggestions for better ones :D


Steelseries earphones/headphones are honestly quite bad. If you want earbuds with a good mic, I'd go with these

http://www.meelec.com/M6_Series_earphones_s/246.htm

and $40 is very cheap for ear buds. These are expensive. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/monster-monster-turbine-pro-earbud-headphones-mh-trb-p-ie-cpr-efs-copper-mh-trb-p-ie-cpr-efs/10146079.aspx?path=77d759c47deddb27aa42a3f0a4d77bf0en02
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings63
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 142
RuFF_SC2 31
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15198
Rain 2273
Artosis 622
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 542
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0248
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP50
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra574
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 50m
OSC
20h 50m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.