• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:24
CEST 04:24
KST 11:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10209 users

New hack blocking games from starting

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-04 05:50:55
August 04 2024 05:50 GMT
#1
As most of you know I play 2v2 and I'm quite aware of what the problem is. ( or so I think I do )

As a 2v2 player player at capped MMR you basically will never find a game in a reasonable amount of time because the player base is incredibly low. Your queues will basically be 6minutes and 30seconds each time.

For the past year or so I've been running into this issue where if I try to play on a capped MMR account on NA/KR I spend most of my time running into this error message that says " A player you were matched with has left the game or disconnected from the service. "

I live in Thailand so playing on any server other than Singapore results in a mega-laggy game so I used server blocking to force the game to start on SG, and as a result I believe the people who harass me have found a way to completely prevent any and all games from starting on NA/KR.

https://imgur.com/iac8zRn ( each block is 6m and 30s time wasted )

The reason I'm making this post, is because it's gotten to the point where even after turning off the server blocking method I can't get any games to start at any time of the day if I try to play at a capped MMR. If anyone knows how to circumvent this please let me know.

Thanks
sudete
Profile Joined December 2012
Singapore3054 Posts
August 04 2024 06:26 GMT
#2
Do you believe that someone has created a hack to intentionally block your games?

Have you tried an unranked 2v2, or other team game modes including 3v3 and 4v4 to ascertain if the issue is purely due to MMR matching issues on ranked 2v2s?

Have you tried using any of your other accounts?

Year of MaxPax
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2011 Posts
August 04 2024 08:04 GMT
#3
Unless the hacker wins the game, that seems like a really useless and hack to make. There are much more likely explanations. I am sorry the gaming experience is not better for you.

I have watched your stream some times, and found it great that you explored 2v2 to such depth!
Buff the siegetank
RandomPlayer
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation400 Posts
August 04 2024 08:20 GMT
#4
It may be a good time to change your life and do something else other than sc2 streaming (no sarcasm). When a door closes, another one opens.
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2003 Posts
August 04 2024 09:50 GMT
#5
On August 04 2024 14:50 ProTech wrote:
As most of you know I play 2v2 and I'm quite aware of what the problem is. ( or so I think I do )

As a 2v2 player player at capped MMR you basically will never find a game in a reasonable amount of time because the player base is incredibly low. Your queues will basically be 6minutes and 30seconds each time.

For the past year or so I've been running into this issue where if I try to play on a capped MMR account on NA/KR I spend most of my time running into this error message that says " A player you were matched with has left the game or disconnected from the service. "

I live in Thailand so playing on any server other than Singapore results in a mega-laggy game so I used server blocking to force the game to start on SG, and as a result I believe the people who harass me have found a way to completely prevent any and all games from starting on NA/KR.

https://imgur.com/iac8zRn ( each block is 6m and 30s time wasted )

The reason I'm making this post, is because it's gotten to the point where even after turning off the server blocking method I can't get any games to start at any time of the day if I try to play at a capped MMR. If anyone knows how to circumvent this please let me know.

Thanks

not a hack. the reason it happens even if u turn ur blocker off is because the other person is likely using a blocker to block whatever server it is trying to put you on.
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-04 13:37:25
August 04 2024 13:35 GMT
#6
On August 04 2024 18:50 CicadaSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2024 14:50 ProTech wrote:
As most of you know I play 2v2 and I'm quite aware of what the problem is. ( or so I think I do )

As a 2v2 player player at capped MMR you basically will never find a game in a reasonable amount of time because the player base is incredibly low. Your queues will basically be 6minutes and 30seconds each time.

For the past year or so I've been running into this issue where if I try to play on a capped MMR account on NA/KR I spend most of my time running into this error message that says " A player you were matched with has left the game or disconnected from the service. "

I live in Thailand so playing on any server other than Singapore results in a mega-laggy game so I used server blocking to force the game to start on SG, and as a result I believe the people who harass me have found a way to completely prevent any and all games from starting on NA/KR.

https://imgur.com/iac8zRn ( each block is 6m and 30s time wasted )

The reason I'm making this post, is because it's gotten to the point where even after turning off the server blocking method I can't get any games to start at any time of the day if I try to play at a capped MMR. If anyone knows how to circumvent this please let me know.

Thanks

not a hack. the reason it happens even if u turn ur blocker off is because the other person is likely using a blocker to block whatever server it is trying to put you on.


Do you think someone has 24 hours a day 7 days a week to block the games from starting? Either it's a scripted bot relogging when the game pops, or it's some kind of hack I would think.

I think the person is using the server blocking to block every single server, so regardless of whether you're using a blocker or not, no games can start because all the servers are being blocked.

In 1v1 it doesnt matter because you don't queue into the same account all the time, but in 2v2 if the bot is at least 4k mmr you won't run into a different account.
THERIDDLER
Profile Joined July 2014
Canada137 Posts
August 04 2024 14:51 GMT
#7
U can't block NA, the games starting process uses NA servers. So blocking them would result in none of your games being able to start.
Please don't fricken hack, its just a game.
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1964 Posts
August 04 2024 21:41 GMT
#8
On August 04 2024 14:50 ProTech wrote:
As most of you know I play 2v2



You're giving yourself a lot of credit
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 04 2024 23:07 GMT
#9
On August 05 2024 06:41 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2024 14:50 ProTech wrote:
As most of you know I play 2v2



You're giving yourself a lot of credit


It's true tho
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
MJG
Profile Joined May 2018
United Kingdom1451 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-05 11:05:42
August 05 2024 07:01 GMT
#10
Have you considered being less toxic? If there is some massive conspiracy to prevent you from queueing in 2v2* then it's probably because people don't want to play videogames with you.

*There definitely isn't. This is clearly because of server blocking in a limited player pool. Even if you aren't personally blocking any servers, your ping to every other server is probably so bad that Battlenet only ever considers placing you on Singapore, and so you still won't get games against people who are blocking Singapore. Try blocking Singapore yourself and see if that helps.
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-05 20:56:20
August 05 2024 18:18 GMT
#11
Other people use the same program you use to block Singapore server. No one wants to play on that server with 300 ms ping for the same reason you don't want to play on other servers with 300ms ping. The fact that Singapore is "part" of the na server is ridiculous.

They arent harassing you it's just common knowledge now to block that server and AUS and brazil if you dont want to lose to ping. Sorry to say but since you seem to be the outlier here you will probably have to unblock the other servers or get used to this
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-08 20:55:57
August 08 2024 20:10 GMT
#12
On August 06 2024 03:18 jimminy_kriket wrote:
Other people use the same program you use to block Singapore server. No one wants to play on that server with 300 ms ping for the same reason you don't want to play on other servers with 300ms ping. The fact that Singapore is "part" of the na server is ridiculous.

They arent harassing you it's just common knowledge now to block that server and AUS and brazil if you dont want to lose to ping. Sorry to say but since you seem to be the outlier here you will probably have to unblock the other servers or get used to this


Yeah that is really a shitty situation.

People shouldn't be thrown into 300 ping despite having good internet and living next to the server, so of course people block those servers. They shouldn't even have to, because the game shouldn't match that far (or it should at least have an opt-out which the matchmaker is aware of).

You (Protech) being in Thailand while playing on USA servers is going to leave you as the outlier on the server that everybody is blocking.

The matchmaker is not aware of server blocks so shit breaks and the queue doesn't work when there aren't many people in the appropriate MMR range and those people are blocking servers.

Your best bet might be to play on a different region like EU because they don't have the same problem of servers being hundreds of milliseconds apart - they're all close together and indistinguishable from one another. Without that problem, nobody has to server block so nobody does. Without server blocks, the queues don't fail. All of the servers are around central/western EU with basically the same ping. That would be 170 ping for you vs like 10 for your opponents but that's just how it is i guess without the playerbase to support a more local server.

The "lets put servers 200-300ms apart and put people onto them from the NA queue" was a massive failed experiment IMO
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Hefty-Leopard-5240
Profile Joined September 2024
7 Posts
September 11 2024 09:20 GMT
#13
I find it hilarious that you would ask someone to help you. I was watching PracticeX's stream a few days ago and someone came to his chat accusing him of cheating vs you. I went to your stream and there you were raging about PracticeX using maphacks and threatening to ban anyone who said differently. Based on what I saw, you are both toxic and a bit delusional. Your problem might be self inflicted based on your delusional thinking, or it may actually be people targeting you. Either is plausible.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft508
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft508
WinterStarcraft364
RuFF_SC2 148
PiLiPiLi 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1133
White-Ra 202
Noble 64
Hyuk 59
Bale 28
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm166
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4476
Counter-Strike
taco 649
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor665
Other Games
summit1g8921
Coldzera 863
C9.Mang0326
ViBE68
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21561
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 36m
Online Event
8h 36m
FEL
13h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.