• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:29
CEST 17:29
KST 00:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7978 users

GOAT Addendum: Players 15-11 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
daKenji
Profile Joined July 2018
2 Posts
March 25 2024 10:52 GMT
#41
just when you thought it couldnt get any worse lol

User was warned for this post
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
March 25 2024 11:12 GMT
#42
On March 25 2024 18:21 Comedy wrote:
Thanks for clarifying dark's position.


There's a 5k word article in there that talks about Dark in greater detail. A project for the future, I suppose.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-25 12:27:31
March 25 2024 12:23 GMT
#43
Yeah, I'm sure it can be exhausting trying to read and respond to feedback and engage in debates where people are very invested--but that investment and debate are signs of engagement and success, imo. It's generally a good principle for authors/creators to not follow the feedback to their work online, as it becomes too triggering/crushing/stressful for most people, but I get that Miz is a fan too and is invested in the debates himself. I'm glad he's getting a break.

Overall, this series has really revived TL.net and imo has really benefited the SC2 scene overall, as it seems to have generated debate and interest across the Internet and brought a lot of past fans back into paying attention.

Personally, it's been very fun to follow the debates and discussions and see how the different lenses people apply to results and how they value different kinds of results and characteristics and even how they see the concepts of "greatest" or "highest skilled" or "most dominant" change what answers you come up with.

I could come up with a Top Ten list for fun, but that would be just based on my own favorites and likes and dislikes. I'm not very invested in who is "greatest" in a more objective sense. But as I've said, I've really enjoyed following those debates from a strictly rational/philosophical perspective, and I'm very grateful for Miz's hard work.
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
March 25 2024 12:27 GMT
#44
i appreciate the effort and I read (most of) every single one of these articles. it sucks that people have to be so negative. like, it's cool if someone has a different opinion, but you don't gotta be an asshole to them over it.

I'd love like a "top X Terran/Zerg/Toss players", "top 10 non-Koreans" kinda lists but I understand if you're not really up for it after this
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Moonerz
Profile Joined March 2014
United States468 Posts
March 25 2024 15:08 GMT
#45
Yep I'll echo what others have said. Big thanks to Miz for putting this together and giving the community something to discuss. Every time one of these retrospective articles comes back it really makes me realize how quickly time is passing.

Still nothing beats a high stakes team league to me though.

Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
March 25 2024 15:10 GMT
#46
On March 25 2024 21:27 Schelim wrote:
i appreciate the effort and I read (most of) every single one of these articles. it sucks that people have to be so negative. like, it's cool if someone has a different opinion, but you don't gotta be an asshole to them over it.

I'd love like a "top X Terran/Zerg/Toss players", "top 10 non-Koreans" kinda lists but I understand if you're not really up for it after this


I'm not opposed to doing more stuff in this vein (with editor approval of course), but given my current schedule there was no way anything of real substance was getting done before my vacation. By the time I return, I have less than 2 months until I travel to Korea for three months and I'm more focused on lining up some projects to work on while I'm there since there will be more opportunities to do some interesting stuff I wouldn't be able to from home.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
March 25 2024 15:12 GMT
#47
On March 26 2024 00:08 Moonerz wrote:
Yep I'll echo what others have said. Big thanks to Miz for putting this together and giving the community something to discuss. Every time one of these retrospective articles comes back it really makes me realize how quickly time is passing.

Still nothing beats a high stakes team league to me though.



https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/561920-2015-the-renaissance-and-golden-age-of-korean-sc2

Everyone who was around then feels the same way.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
MM-yingxiong
Profile Joined January 2021
Serbia30 Posts
March 25 2024 15:29 GMT
#48
fair point but i'd bump dark to a zest and innovation tier, but not sure since he wasnt that dominant at any time, just a stable performing player
Argonauta
Profile Joined July 2016
Spain4967 Posts
March 25 2024 16:07 GMT
#49
On March 26 2024 00:12 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2024 00:08 Moonerz wrote:
Yep I'll echo what others have said. Big thanks to Miz for putting this together and giving the community something to discuss. Every time one of these retrospective articles comes back it really makes me realize how quickly time is passing.

Still nothing beats a high stakes team league to me though.



https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/561920-2015-the-renaissance-and-golden-age-of-korean-sc2

Everyone who was around then feels the same way.




This article aged like fine wine
Rogue | Maru | Scarlett | Trap
TL+ Member
Locutos
Profile Joined January 2017
Brazil273 Posts
March 25 2024 16:41 GMT
#50
Im missing Idra and HuKs top 3 control on those lists...
Xamo
Profile Joined April 2012
Spain886 Posts
March 25 2024 22:23 GMT
#51
Many many thanks Miz for this amazing content, your passion and (absurd) work ethic.
This series of articles will be remembered for years.
My life for Aiur. You got a piece of me, baby. IIIIIIiiiiiii.
Bennito_bh
Profile Joined June 2022
15 Posts
March 26 2024 00:14 GMT
#52
On March 25 2024 04:47 ktll4c91 wrote:
''[Dark] didn’t win/make deep runs enough considering he has been active without interruption since 2012''

If by deep runs you mean RO4 at least, I counted Dark has 12 deep runs at Code S including 3 wins.

In contrast TY has 6 (2 wins). Soo has 7 (0 win). Inno has 7 (3 wins). Rogue has 5 (4 wins).

On top of it all Dark has 1 WCS chamption and 1 runner-up. Even if you are factoring in the length of his uninterrupted career, I don't see how this is now enough deep runs.


Exactly this. Perhaps if Miz had consistently applied his own criteria, his list would have been better received. Even if you do sign on to Korean Exceptionalism, there really is no reason to put Maru above Rogue in a list like this
YetiSpaghetti
Profile Joined March 2024
2 Posts
March 26 2024 04:02 GMT
#53
Never commented on here before but I really enjoyed this series, great writing! I’m maybe one of the only people that still considers Mvp to be the goat so I was very pleased to see you had him rated so highly. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that this is one man’s opinion who did his absolute best to be objective. Whether you agree or disagree on the rankings, the important thing to remember is that Miz put an awful amount of time in constructing his rankings and arguments, and that should be at the very least respected. The reasoning and logic is sound imo. The hate I’ve seen in the comments for these rankings is something else. Thanks for all the great work again Miz!
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 26 2024 04:41 GMT
#54
I do not feel the community response has been disappointing or particularly negative. This is such a loaded topic, obviously it creates controversy. One could argue that the creation of such a list in itself has the purpose to create controversy. How could it be any other way? The discussion has also been pretty civil from my point of view.

I would view anything related to this creation as a success for TL.



"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
March 26 2024 05:39 GMT
#55
On March 26 2024 09:14 Bennito_bh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2024 04:47 ktll4c91 wrote:
''[Dark] didn’t win/make deep runs enough considering he has been active without interruption since 2012''

If by deep runs you mean RO4 at least, I counted Dark has 12 deep runs at Code S including 3 wins.

In contrast TY has 6 (2 wins). Soo has 7 (0 win). Inno has 7 (3 wins). Rogue has 5 (4 wins).

On top of it all Dark has 1 WCS chamption and 1 runner-up. Even if you are factoring in the length of his uninterrupted career, I don't see how this is now enough deep runs.


Exactly this. Perhaps if Miz had consistently applied his own criteria, his list would have been better received. Even if you do sign on to Korean Exceptionalism, there really is no reason to put Maru above Rogue in a list like this


Despite Miz literally saying that Serral / Maru / Rogue are all the same tier.........
You have quite a lot of attitude for someone who is overwhelmingly convinced Rogue > Maru. They're obviously comparable, but I'd say Maru has a clear edge over Rogue for being definitively better in earlier years (2013-2015), particularly in the era where Terrans were getting destroyed.

But I do agree Dark was slept on, and I think Dark should be 7-8.
yubo56
Profile Joined May 2014
690 Posts
March 26 2024 07:23 GMT
#56
On March 25 2024 20:12 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2024 18:21 Comedy wrote:
Thanks for clarifying dark's position.


There's a 5k word article in there that talks about Dark in greater detail. A project for the future, I suppose.

Moar Dark content please! - rabid fan
Jung Yoon Jong fighting, even after retirement! Feel better soon.
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
March 26 2024 09:11 GMT
#57
On March 26 2024 13:41 Malinor wrote:
I do not feel the community response has been disappointing or particularly negative. This is such a loaded topic, obviously it creates controversy. One could argue that the creation of such a list in itself has the purpose to create controversy. How could it be any other way? The discussion has also been pretty civil from my point of view.

I would view anything related to this creation as a success for TL.





I agree, it was a huge success. I could have worded things better about the negativity. That's something I got over pretty quickly. However, a number of non sc2 related factors, plus reaching the realization that it was going to be difficult to create the articles I wanted for 15-11 (aka discussing their greatness rather than defending my decision to place them where they were) made finishing the project impossible atm.

Part of why the series was a huge success was Wax being involved. His standards are absurdly high and getting the articles to a point where he was satisfied was the most challenging part of the process. It was going to take a lot of time that I didn't have to get there.

Luckily, all the information I created isn't going anywhere. So, we'll see what the future brings.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
March 26 2024 12:24 GMT
#58
I haven't followed sc2 since about 2011 so had no perspective on who was the best. Greatly enjoyed reading through each of the articles and the justifications for each position seemed very reasonable to me.

Thank you Mizenhauer for your considerable effort in compiling these and don't let the obnoxious tantrums of the fanboys discourage you too much, people would have been upset no matter who you picked as number 1 or how you ordered people.

Also Intrigue ended up being completely right despite the considerable backlash he received at the time. 8 of the top 10 were former Brood War pros on kespa teams.
Sucker for nostalgia
LostUsername100
Profile Joined April 2022
100 Posts
March 26 2024 18:28 GMT
#59
On March 26 2024 21:24 DropBear wrote:
I haven't followed sc2 since about 2011 so had no perspective on who was the best. Greatly enjoyed reading through each of the articles and the justifications for each position seemed very reasonable to me.

Thank you Mizenhauer for your considerable effort in compiling these and don't let the obnoxious tantrums of the fanboys discourage you too much, people would have been upset no matter who you picked as number 1 or how you ordered people.

Also Intrigue ended up being completely right despite the considerable backlash he received at the time. 8 of the top 10 were former Brood War pros on kespa teams.


If his claim was BW pros could do well on SC2, he'd be completely right, yes.

But that wasn't it.
rwala
Profile Joined December 2019
344 Posts
March 26 2024 21:53 GMT
#60
Your work on this is super appreciated! I know you’re not looking for sympathy, but it was a lot of work, and arguably itself one of the more impactful things within the community over the last couple of years. Lots to be proud of.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1361
WardiTV1026
OGKoka 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 269
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5107
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 956
Larva 756
Stork 500
EffOrt 499
BeSt 484
Horang2 357
actioN 299
Mini 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 241
Light 146
Mind 122
hero 103
910 89
Zeus 88
Yoon 86
Mong 66
Snow 66
Shinee 55
Barracks 49
sorry 48
Sea.KH 48
JYJ 38
Bale 29
Killer 28
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 25
Aegong 22
HiyA 19
yabsab 17
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
soO 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Free 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2670
Dendi1119
febbydoto37
Counter-Strike
fl0m3509
Fnx 675
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko937
B2W.Neo750
TKL 696
Livibee344
XBOCT265
ceh9260
Hui .225
Liquid`VortiX216
XaKoH 147
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• iopq 13
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3248
• Jankos2088
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
31m
Replay Cast
7h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.