• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:44
CEST 12:44
KST 19:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12192 users

EG.Jaedong: Greatness Defined

Forum Index > SC2 General
81 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All

EG.Jaedong: Greatness Defined

Text byTL.net ESPORTS
November 1st, 2016 22:07 GMT
[image loading]
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 01 2016 22:17 GMT
#2
I don’t think anyone can change the passing of the seasons (laughs). A lot of time has flowed by, and I need to think about my life going forward. Whatever I end up doing, I’ll do it while remaining thankful that I remained in the minds of some fans. I’d be thankful if when people think of StarCraft, they remembered that there was once a player called Jaedong.


That's so sad to me People will remember you and if they don't i will be there to remember them
I wish JD the best, no matter what he does now, hopefully no OW though hehe
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
November 01 2016 22:17 GMT
#3
#1 at interviews
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
November 01 2016 22:22 GMT
#4
On November 02 2016 07:17 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
I don’t think anyone can change the passing of the seasons (laughs). A lot of time has flowed by, and I need to think about my life going forward. Whatever I end up doing, I’ll do it while remaining thankful that I remained in the minds of some fans. I’d be thankful if when people think of StarCraft, they remembered that there was once a player called Jaedong.


That's so sad to me People will remember you and if they don't i will be there to remember them
I wish JD the best, no matter what he does now, hopefully no OW though hehe

he did what few did : being remembered in the holy esport hall of fame
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 01 2016 22:26 GMT
#5
Really happy that we got a great interview like that. Thanks so much!

Too bad his career does not end on a high and that 2016 was so weird, but hopefully we will see him again in the future somewhere, somehow.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Kashim
Profile Joined December 2013
Poland1240 Posts
November 01 2016 22:27 GMT
#6
SC2 LP Staff, Aligulac Editor, Tournament Organiser and Admin @KashimSC2
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2016 22:31 GMT
#7
On November 02 2016 07:22 Makro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 07:17 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I don’t think anyone can change the passing of the seasons (laughs). A lot of time has flowed by, and I need to think about my life going forward. Whatever I end up doing, I’ll do it while remaining thankful that I remained in the minds of some fans. I’d be thankful if when people think of StarCraft, they remembered that there was once a player called Jaedong.


That's so sad to me People will remember you and if they don't i will be there to remember them
I wish JD the best, no matter what he does now, hopefully no OW though hehe

he did what few did : being remembered in the holy esport hall of fame

You mean the Pantheon of Nerd Gods.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3553 Posts
November 01 2016 22:56 GMT
#8
Thanks for this, we really needed to hear SOMETHING from Lee Jae Dong.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
November 01 2016 22:57 GMT
#9
Excellent article. Actually started tearing up reading about LeeSsangRok :')

I wish the writer[s] were listed though
Writer
Jeremy Reimer
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-01 23:08:38
November 01 2016 22:58 GMT
#10
I knew this day was coming, and I'm still sad. But the interview was so sweet, that it helps the hurt just a little bit.

Jaedong was and is, and will forever be, my favorite Starcraft player of all time. His dedication and focus and desire to win at all costs was inspiring.

I will never forget that there was a player named Jaedong, and that in my heart, he was the greatest player of all time.

In 2011 I made this image in Photoshop to be sent to him as inspiration as part of a package started on TL by a fan in a thread called "A Zergling for Jaedong". I hope he remembers it. I'm no artist, but he inspired me so much that I had to make something.

Fare thee well, Jaedong. May the wings of a thousand mutalisks fly you to your next adventure.

[image loading]
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." -- Carl Sagan
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 01 2016 23:11 GMT
#11
Am I wrong or is this the first Final Edit in at least two years?

I think Savior: Lord of the Battlefield Part Two was the last one right?

Anyhow amazing work. Jaedong will be missed.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
November 01 2016 23:12 GMT
#12
Thanks for everything, JD! You're the man.
The interview was great, the text also. Thanks EG/TL.
The Bomber boy
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
November 01 2016 23:42 GMT
#13
Who was/were the writers?
TranslatorBaa!
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
November 01 2016 23:58 GMT
#14
Even though I knew it was coming, this retirement hit me the hardest. Jaedong fighting!
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
November 01 2016 23:58 GMT
#15
I mean, I'd say YellOw was at least AS iconic. But greatest? Probably Jaedong.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
November 02 2016 00:08 GMT
#16
Goodbye Jaedong! You have been a role model and a big part of my life for a very long time. I will never forget.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-02 00:15:05
November 02 2016 00:12 GMT
#17
This hit me harder than ProLeague disbanding. This article is bittersweet; it's greatly written. Thanks!

I will for sure always remember Jaedong.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-02 00:14:52
November 02 2016 00:14 GMT
#18
On November 02 2016 09:12 KeksX wrote:
This hit me harder than ProLeague disbanding. This article is bittersweet; it's greatly written. Thanks!

I will for sure always remember Jaedong.

Yeah it's weird, i knew it was coming, everybody knew. Still the moment i read this, the article and the interview i was extremely sad. Probably more sad than about PL, weird
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
SinO[Ob]
Profile Joined October 2010
France898 Posts
November 02 2016 00:30 GMT
#19
I didnt have any idea about jeadong until I started watching SC2 tournaments and soon after watching BW VoDs of him. And seeing him in SC2 was such a pleasure, this is one a the few players that I cheered for, no matter what. Theres just something about players like Jeadong or WhiteRa for example, that make me just love them so much. They are the kindest person and it felt very good having them in the scene.

Thanks for your dedication and all the great games. Goood luck in the future! We love you \o/
Stephano and Clem enjoyer
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
November 02 2016 00:30 GMT
#20
Never followed SC2 but glad to see beneath the veneer of Tyrant he remained a genuinely good guy. IMO that's a quality you need to be among the greatest of all time, even though I was more inspired by sAviOr's zerg. Hope this is not the last we hear from him
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11291
FanTaSy 1399
Hyuk 845
Horang2 577
BeSt 507
Pusan 244
Stork 196
Killer 116
Zeus 109
Mind 105
[ Show more ]
sorry 103
Last 97
Hyun 57
EffOrt 53
ggaemo 52
PianO 49
ToSsGirL 41
Snow 37
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 21
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
byalli695
x6flipin219
Other Games
gofns38462
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 16m
Replay Cast
12h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.