• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:50
CEST 04:50
KST 11:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8074 users

Clearing up the Harstem replay situation - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-26 23:17:51
March 26 2016 23:17 GMT
#21
On March 27 2016 04:21 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2016 04:10 WGT-Baal wrote:
It s really unfortunate but at the same time the rule is the rule and I suppose the admin had little room to do anything else.
Anyways thanks for clarifying the situation. I hope to see you in more tournaments!

I just believe, there is no such rule. It is similar as having a rule that you are not allowed to put your cat into microwave to dry it after rain. Or you should not throw knifes into the public. Or you should not play naked. I do not think, there is a rule that you must have clothes on you when playing at the tournament. There will be some general statement that you should be respectful or normal or "as usual"...

Really pity for Sioras. And as some people say, that he could learn from his mistakes, his only mistake was that he wanted to do a "joke with a friend" and that friend was not that much a friend, he was just a friendly foreign guy. And when the "lawyer machinery" starts once, it is difficult to stop it.


Certain things don't need to be in rule books for tournaments since they are common sense, some of these things like not being naked in the public are even written down in books and are so-called "law".

Back on topic, it's really a situation that seemed to have backfired on you, hope you learn from it, no big deal if your intentions were just making a joke. Just move on and be more careful in the future.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Garuga
Profile Joined June 2015
49 Posts
March 26 2016 23:47 GMT
#22
Oops...hehe...I accidentally walked out of the store without paying for something. I wasn't trying to steal anything, it was just a joke. Hehe..Kappa... I wanted the store clerk to laugh with me...I wouldn't have done it if a cop was there.


User was warned for this post
oGoZenob
Profile Joined December 2011
France1503 Posts
March 27 2016 02:08 GMT
#23
reading sioras old posts brings some interesting stuff
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503659-honorable-way-of-playing#19
I like starcraft
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
March 27 2016 03:21 GMT
#24
Maybe players should treat wcs as premier tournament.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
March 27 2016 03:25 GMT
#25
That may sound sad but I believe one of the reasons for disqualification was Has being more popular in China than Sioras who "nobody cares about".
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
Kevin_Sorbo
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3217 Posts
March 27 2016 03:51 GMT
#26
On March 27 2016 12:25 Nerchio wrote:
That may sound sad but I believe one of the reasons for disqualification was Has being more popular in China than Sioras who "nobody cares about".

Has games have the same effect as twitch chat on my eyes tbh...

Watching this guy beat players I like is so infuriating.
The mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work unless its open. - Zappa
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
March 27 2016 04:41 GMT
#27
On March 27 2016 08:47 Garuga wrote:
Oops...hehe...I accidentally walked out of the store without paying for something. I wasn't trying to steal anything, it was just a joke. Hehe..Kappa... I wanted the store clerk to laugh with me...I wouldn't have done it if a cop was there.


User was warned for this post


Well the store owner was ok with it so.........
SiorasSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2015
23 Posts
March 29 2016 02:26 GMT
#28
On March 27 2016 11:08 oGoZenob wrote:
reading sioras old posts brings some interesting stuff
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503659-honorable-way-of-playing#19


I didn't realize that cheesing was equal to cheating, my mistake
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
March 29 2016 02:50 GMT
#29
On March 27 2016 11:08 oGoZenob wrote:
reading sioras old posts brings some interesting stuff
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/503659-honorable-way-of-playing#19

if you look a the context of the post you linked, sioras essentially says "it's ok to cheese". Not relevant to what is going in this thread.
Harstem
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands263 Posts
March 29 2016 03:06 GMT
#30
I would like to add two things to what sioras said.
He really had no intention of hiding it,he just sat there while I was talking to marinelord and I could turn around any second and see him watch the replay. So that either makes him the dumbest cheater in existence or it confirms what he already said. On top of that he as watching on 1X speed so even though I was gone for a few minutes he was only 2:15 in. It was so obvious that he didn't do it with bad intentions. As a response to this the organisers gave him a warning and told him that watching replays of someone else one more time will get him disqualified. I think this was the appropriate response to the situation. Then on the day of the game itself just before we got in the bus they told us that blizzard decided to overrule the warning and make it a disqualification. I appreciate that blizzard is protecting the players and the competitive integrity of their tournaments, but I believe they should have first at least asked me how it went down. If they after hearing my story still thought a disqualification was the appropriate response then so be it,but I feel like this was too much for too little.

Just my two cents (sorry for my incoherent story, am on mymy phone and on a holiday )
Progamer
bduddy
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1326 Posts
March 29 2016 05:41 GMT
#31
IMO, it should never be on the victimized player to decide or affect the punishment, even if they really want the other player to get a light punishment. It puts too much pressure on them, and it makes the player the asshole if they want to enforce the rules.
>Liquid'Nazgul: Of course you are completely right
KingFool
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada428 Posts
March 29 2016 06:01 GMT
#32
On March 29 2016 14:41 bduddy wrote:
IMO, it should never be on the victimized player to decide or affect the punishment, even if they really want the other player to get a light punishment. It puts too much pressure on them, and it makes the player the asshole if they want to enforce the rules.


But asking for their side of the story wouldn't be bad
Stimin myself on a daily basis
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
March 29 2016 06:14 GMT
#33
Guys, I got to the bottom of the story.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/506573-the-real-reason-sioras-was-dqd
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
March 29 2016 06:17 GMT
#34
On March 29 2016 15:14 Waxangel wrote:
Guys, I got to the bottom of the story.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/506573-the-real-reason-sioras-was-dqd


pandering like a true hero
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
adMachine
Profile Joined February 2013
Australia54 Posts
March 29 2016 07:21 GMT
#35
regardless shouldnt have looked.. no sympathy or understanding here.
Life is a weight, so lift it.
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
March 29 2016 07:38 GMT
#36
lolwcslol
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
March 29 2016 07:39 GMT
#37
On March 29 2016 15:01 KingFool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2016 14:41 bduddy wrote:
IMO, it should never be on the victimized player to decide or affect the punishment, even if they really want the other player to get a light punishment. It puts too much pressure on them, and it makes the player the asshole if they want to enforce the rules.


But asking for their side of the story wouldn't be bad


you figure that you'd talk to both players if you were holding a respectable investigation
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
DonDomingo
Profile Joined October 2015
504 Posts
March 29 2016 08:03 GMT
#38
The real facepalm is replays not being public
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 29 2016 08:09 GMT
#39
On March 29 2016 12:06 Harstem wrote:
I would like to add two things to what sioras said.
He really had no intention of hiding it,he just sat there while I was talking to marinelord and I could turn around any second and see him watch the replay. So that either makes him the dumbest cheater in existence or it confirms what he already said. On top of that he as watching on 1X speed so even though I was gone for a few minutes he was only 2:15 in. It was so obvious that he didn't do it with bad intentions. As a response to this the organisers gave him a warning and told him that watching replays of someone else one more time will get him disqualified. I think this was the appropriate response to the situation. Then on the day of the game itself just before we got in the bus they told us that blizzard decided to overrule the warning and make it a disqualification. I appreciate that blizzard is protecting the players and the competitive integrity of their tournaments, but I believe they should have first at least asked me how it went down. If they after hearing my story still thought a disqualification was the appropriate response then so be it,but I feel like this was too much for too little.

Just my two cents (sorry for my incoherent story, am on mymy phone and on a holiday )


Yeah when someone posted that on twitter questioning how he could only get a warning, I had a feeling he would get removed.

The fact that it is obviously not him cheating as you pointed out, they should have asked you instead of just removing him like they did. I am betting the reddit effect took place, they were spammed on twitter "omg how could you only give him a warning, remove!!!!" and that is why he was banned.

I'll be honest I thought the guy was a piece of shit, but I was like everyone else and didn't wait to hear the whole story and listened to just that tweet. I should know better, let alone more people as there is usually more then meets the eye. Thanks for confirming the story!
When I think of something else, something will go here
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
March 29 2016 08:10 GMT
#40
You should make another one of those Wax. Just keep making fanfic stories about it. Like, the next one can make it seem like Sioras is undergoing some serious heist. Wow how exciting.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 46
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1575
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft597
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3281
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft329
ArmadaUGS237
C9.Mang0204
Maynarde146
ViBE116
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick900
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo642
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 11m
OSC
10h 11m
Stellar Fest
10h 11m
OSC
21h 11m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.