• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)51Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10233 users

Life arrested/taken into custody and under investigation -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
911 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 46 Next All
We know this is a crazy and sensitive issue, especially since Life is the most high profile player to be caught up in an "investigation". But please stay calm and refrain from slandering players until we have more information. Egregious posts will be dealt with accordingly.

PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 29 2016 16:24 GMT
#401
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says
AdministratorBreak the chains
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
January 29 2016 16:24 GMT
#402
On January 30 2016 01:12 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:10 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Is it really necessary to keep him locked up though? I mean, he's not a danger to other people nor a mafioso i assume. They must have some very solid evidence to do this.

is it confirmed by korean speakers that he is under arrest and being kept in holding? i didn't fully understand the debate about "brought in/questioned/under arrest". do we know for sure he's sleeping in jail?


Well, if KeSPA has prohibited him from playing games on TV until the matter is resolved, it seems like he's not really under arrest and can move freely? I don't know what kind of penal system Korea has, but appearing on televised Starcraft matches from jail strikes me as highly unlikely.
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:25:50
January 29 2016 16:25 GMT
#403
On January 30 2016 01:23 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:11 207aicila wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:10 brickrd wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S

how not? if that's his genuine opinion, can't he post it? he may have stated it a bit crudely, but there is reason for fans to worry. he didn't accuse anyone, he said "probably "


A modicum of respect is usually expected.

Calling the entire Korean scene fuckers and implying rampant matchfixing ("probably" or not doesn't change much at this point) is not that...


the reason i could never call a proven Sc2 matchfixer a negative label is how little money they make.

i can't blame some of these guys for looking for a big payoff because even if they're between the 20th and 100th best player on the planet they are not getting paid much.


What are you talking about? Matchfixing is destroying the scene for everyone. It's the worst thing you can do as a pro player.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
January 29 2016 16:26 GMT
#404
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
January 29 2016 16:26 GMT
#405
On January 30 2016 01:23 cheekymonkey wrote:
Hope it's just an interrogation, and not any accusations. It might just be a poor way of saying that the investigators want to hear what life knows about the issue.

It's been already said that it's not very likely that it's a case where he's taken for questioning. He was arrested by prosecutor not by police.
TL+ Member
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:27:43
January 29 2016 16:27 GMT
#406
On January 30 2016 01:24 Nikon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:12 brickrd wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:10 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Is it really necessary to keep him locked up though? I mean, he's not a danger to other people nor a mafioso i assume. They must have some very solid evidence to do this.

is it confirmed by korean speakers that he is under arrest and being kept in holding? i didn't fully understand the debate about "brought in/questioned/under arrest". do we know for sure he's sleeping in jail?


Well, if KeSPA has prohibited him from playing games on TV until the matter is resolved, it seems like he's not really under arrest and can move freely? I don't know what kind of penal system Korea has, but appearing on televised Starcraft matches from jail strikes me as highly unlikely.


Even if he was arrested and accused, I think it would be unlikely that they would contain him until he is sentenced anyway.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 29 2016 16:28 GMT
#407
On January 30 2016 01:26 jalstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.


I know that, but we're more than half a decade down the line and he never struck me as too involved or interested in SC2 except when there's snark to be dropped. I respect his involvement in revealing the BW scandal, but not more.
AdministratorBreak the chains
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10864 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:30:53
January 29 2016 16:29 GMT
#408
Ohhh shit. This isn't good for the Freecs

EDIT : I put my trust in Rekrul!!!!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
January 29 2016 16:29 GMT
#409
What's going on with SC2 lately things are falling apart.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
January 29 2016 16:32 GMT
#410
On January 30 2016 01:28 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:26 jalstar wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.


I know that, but we're more than half a decade down the line and he never struck me as too involved or interested in SC2 except when there's snark to be dropped. I respect his involvement in revealing the BW scandal, but not more.

whether he likes sc2 or is snarky about it doesn't seem related to someone having a reputation for breaking accurate information... if someone is a legit source they're legit until you demonstrate they've made errors or fabrications. personal resentment over involvement in the scene shouldn't factor in
TL+ Member
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:33:59
January 29 2016 16:33 GMT
#411
On January 30 2016 00:22 207aicila wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 00:04 palexhur wrote:
On January 29 2016 23:45 207aicila wrote:
On January 29 2016 23:26 palexhur wrote:
On January 29 2016 23:08 207aicila wrote:
On January 29 2016 23:05 palexhur wrote:
On January 29 2016 22:50 digmouse wrote:
On January 29 2016 22:46 brickrd wrote:
saying it makes no sense for a successful player to fix is the exact same thing as "why would [attractive celebrity] have to rape someone? women love him!" fyi


Different case imo, this is all about money, Life isn't even remotely short of money, he made $117k from prize money alone in 2015, and I could imagine him on a huge contract at KT.


Savior earned a lot of more money than life, but he was greedy, being large of money doesnt relate to be inoccent or guilty of matchfixing in SC world.


Absolutely incorrect. It's well known by now that the pros involved in the BW matchfixing scandal weren't paid much for their troubles, certainly not compared to sAviOr's salary and tournament winnings. It's also known that in sAviOr's case in particular, boredom and lack of passion for the game played a big role rather than greed.


You are too naive if you think that Savior did something illegal only for boredom, you build things with legos if you are bored, you dont build an illegal ring of matchfixers, and I put only Savior example so dont bring the other guys to the table.


I didn't say only for boredom, but we did get figures of what they were paid to throw matches, and it's shit. Nothing compared to what you'd make by going far in a StarLeague let alone their salary...

Please teach me more about a scene I've been following for over 10 years.


I am out of this argument with you, it is not relevant for me anymore, and fyi I have been following, playing, and.. RTS since 1999, do your math guy. hf cya gl


Can't argue with the facts so try to stage a "cool" exit huh?

And if you insist on comparing dicks, I've been following and playing RTS since whenever WarCraft 1 came out.


Young. Ever heard of Dune 2 ?

On January 30 2016 01:28 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:26 jalstar wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.


I know that, but we're more than half a decade down the line and he never struck me as too involved or interested in SC2 except when there's snark to be dropped. I respect his involvement in revealing the BW scandal, but not more.


Just wait and see. Maybe it will turn out nothing. Maybe it will turn out bad. Don't get your head down for stuff we don't know yet. Rekrul did just a snark remark. Worry only if he write a full detail post.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
alukarD
Profile Joined July 2012
Mexico396 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:37:01
January 29 2016 16:36 GMT
#412
Hope this ends well for all parties.

Freecs be like:
+ Show Spoiler +
Die Trying
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
January 29 2016 16:37 GMT
#413
On January 30 2016 01:32 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:28 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:26 jalstar wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.


I know that, but we're more than half a decade down the line and he never struck me as too involved or interested in SC2 except when there's snark to be dropped. I respect his involvement in revealing the BW scandal, but not more.

whether he likes sc2 or is snarky about it doesn't seem related to someone having a reputation for breaking accurate information... if someone is a legit source they're legit until you demonstrate they've made errors or fabrications. personal resentment over involvement in the scene shouldn't factor in


Where are you getting that from? Zealously is just saying that rekrul hasn't provided us with useful information on match fixing since BW. And his vague or weird remarks ever since don't count as breaking accurate information.
rip passion
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17884 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:39:48
January 29 2016 16:38 GMT
#414
On January 30 2016 01:25 cheekymonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:23 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:11 207aicila wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:10 brickrd wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S

how not? if that's his genuine opinion, can't he post it? he may have stated it a bit crudely, but there is reason for fans to worry. he didn't accuse anyone, he said "probably "


A modicum of respect is usually expected.

Calling the entire Korean scene fuckers and implying rampant matchfixing ("probably" or not doesn't change much at this point) is not that...


the reason i could never call a proven Sc2 matchfixer a negative label is how little money they make.

i can't blame some of these guys for looking for a big payoff because even if they're between the 20th and 100th best player on the planet they are not getting paid much.


What are you talking about? Matchfixing is destroying the scene for everyone. It's the worst thing you can do as a pro player.


"pro" ? lol. the label "pro" has some connotation about being very well paid. and that just ain't true.

if 'the scene' were making these guys well paid for making the top 100 i'd have some anger for their match-fixing ways. 'the scene' pays them very little. and then 'the scene' trashes them.

remember Tasteless earning his nickname with the joke about homeless people wandering into the studio to get the free pizza?

if people paid $600/ticket per GSL night of competition then i'd have some anger for this. likewise If I had to pay UFC style pay-per-view money each month to see the best players do their thing.. again i'd have some anger for this. As it is.. .everyone is spending no money; surprise surprise when some of these guys look for a payday.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:42:17
January 29 2016 16:38 GMT
#415
On January 30 2016 01:32 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:28 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:26 jalstar wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.


I know that, but we're more than half a decade down the line and he never struck me as too involved or interested in SC2 except when there's snark to be dropped. I respect his involvement in revealing the BW scandal, but not more.

whether he likes sc2 or is snarky about it doesn't seem related to someone having a reputation for breaking accurate information... if someone is a legit source they're legit until you demonstrate they've made errors or fabrications. personal resentment over involvement in the scene shouldn't factor in


Precisely. And like the time when olimoley had a breakdown on Twitter and implied that a whole bunch of players were known to be matchfixing, fairly little has come of the claim that matchfixing is more rampant than ever. If someone who isn't (as far as I know) very involved with the scene and the players knows, why has so little been proven and so few convicted?

He has, regardless of my personal opinion, broken very little or no new (unique) information pertaining to anything SC2-related (matchfixing especially) that was later proven. Subtract hyperbole and maybe, but hyperbole is hardly appropriate if your intent is to deliver information.
AdministratorBreak the chains
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
January 29 2016 16:39 GMT
#416
On January 30 2016 01:29 PhoenixVoid wrote:
What's going on with SC2 lately things are falling apart.

Yeah

retirements plus this . Though it's not proven that life is doing shady stuff, it's gonna be a disaster if it's that's true.
this is a quote
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
January 29 2016 16:40 GMT
#417
On January 30 2016 01:29 PhoenixVoid wrote:
What's going on with SC2 lately things are falling apart.

Nothing a Tank buff won't fix.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Arvendilin
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany1878 Posts
January 29 2016 16:44 GMT
#418
On January 30 2016 01:40 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:29 PhoenixVoid wrote:
What's going on with SC2 lately things are falling apart.

Nothing a Tank buff won't fix.

What do u think about a tank ability where they get rocket booster beneath them and fly/hop a short distancevto reposition themself
My heroes: Jangbi, Bisu, Stork and BeSt for BW, Rain, Zest and Stats for SC2! Need a better Signature tbh...
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17884 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 16:52:13
January 29 2016 16:44 GMT
#419
On January 30 2016 01:38 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:32 brickrd wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:28 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:26 jalstar wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


He was the original foreign source for the Savior matchfixing scandal.


I know that, but we're more than half a decade down the line and he never struck me as too involved or interested in SC2 except when there's snark to be dropped. I respect his involvement in revealing the BW scandal, but not more.

whether he likes sc2 or is snarky about it doesn't seem related to someone having a reputation for breaking accurate information... if someone is a legit source they're legit until you demonstrate they've made errors or fabrications. personal resentment over involvement in the scene shouldn't factor in


Precisely. And like the time when olimoley had a breakdown on Twitter and implied that a whole bunch of players were known to be matchfixing, fairly little has come of the claim that matchfixing is more rampant than ever. If someone who isn't (as far as I know) very involved with the scene and the players knows, why has so little been proven and so few convicted?


hopefully, because the system is based on innocent until proven guilty.

when Declan Hill's "The Fix" was published in 2010 there was no match fixing in european football. look where we are now and look at how Mr. Hill was treated when the book came out... and how that book is regarded now.

SC2 will remain very vulnerable as long as betting on the games is a far bigger payoff than actually you know... like.. playing the game at the top level.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
January 29 2016 16:45 GMT
#420
On January 30 2016 01:24 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2016 01:15 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:08 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:06 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 30 2016 01:02 Penev wrote:
On January 30 2016 00:59 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The foreigner scene all worried about the korean scene while half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing.

I know this is a stupid thing to say but the whole situation is so obnoxious.

bye


Bye? Rekrul basically confirmed this to be the case months ago.

I've just been happy to bury my head in the sand since the PRIME scandal, and just hope it would all magically go away if we stopped talking about it.

Am I missing a joke or something? How is it acceptable to say "half of these fuckers are probably matchfixing"?

:-S


It's not a joke. Rekrul said that match fixing is rampant in SC2, more than it ever was in BW. Two dudes and their coach is not rampant.

I agree that the post was insensitive, but... eh...

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, somehow.


I don't know why people put so much faith in what Rekrul says


Well what about Olimo? She's deeply invested in the scene and my impression was that she was totally aboard the Rekrul train. She seemed very disappoited that the investigation stopped where it did. And I remember a couple of foreigners saying that when they were in Korea, match fixing was an open secret. Maybe they were just looking for attention. Olimo + Rekrul seems hard to shake.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 136
ProTech135
Nina 96
SpeCial 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12799
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2543
JimRising 414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5582
Khaldor1258
Liquid`Hasu762
Other Games
summit1g7022
fl0m817
shahzam547
ToD233
FrodaN166
ArmadaUGS113
KnowMe107
Mew2King93
NeuroSwarm59
JuggernautJason44
ViBE38
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen94
Other Games
• imaqtpie879
• Scarra241
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 15m
Stellar Fest
15h 15m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.