• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:42
CEST 11:42
KST 18:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11565 users

[Interviews] 2016 GSL Season 1 Code A Day 3 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Thouhastmail
Profile Joined March 2015
Korea (North)876 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-20 04:41:08
January 15 2016 16:20 GMT
#1
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=149985&iskin=esports (Seed)
http://sports.news.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=347&aid=0000082937 (Bbyong)
http://sports.news.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=442&aid=0000029629 (DeParture)



Seed



Q. It's been a year since your last code S. How do you feel?

I'm thrilled to win code S again. I`ll prepare well and do my best for you guys.


Q. How did you feel when you realised that Bomber is your opponent?

I thought I got this. I`ve never been lost against Terran except TY and ByuN. I was confident; it did not seem to lose. Not because it was Bomber, but it was Terran.


Q. You made a whistle-blowing after match. Do you think balance issues are serious that much ?

Adepts are insane against Terran. You can take advantageous ground even if you failed to harass with it. Adepts are not only good at blocking scouts, but pressing Terran with its ability. When Terran sees WP, you must place your defense troops regardless of its intention.

However, I do not understand that Zerg players are having a hard time against Protoss. Except Dusk Towers or Orbital Shipyard, Zerg has it over Protoss. Because Zerg has tons of ways to harass Protoss, there are many games that Protoss defeated while defending against Zerg`s all-out attack.

Anyway, TvP is biased to Protoss, Absolutely.


Q. Do you think Terran can counter WP-Adepts strategy?

Many gosu Terrans wage mind games by taking fast double gases. This can counter Adepts, but it requires physical talents. Of course, even with that strategy, TvP is about 4:6. As you see, you cannot beat Protoss with your Cyclones.


Q. I heard that you deliberately abused Adepts in order to show your discontent against Blizzard balance team, right?

Somewhat.One thing is, they never listen our feedback. They`ve adjusted unrelated things since WoL. Every race needs nerf now. Liberators, Adepts, Zerg`s new units... Anyway, of course, they`ll do whatever they want. One thing is, they hardly ask things to progamers.


Q. Are you expecting all the reprimands from communities for abusing Adepts?

I`m not the one to be blamed. I`m not the one who made Adepts - I`m just one who used it. SC2 has problems, to say nothing of balance issues. It has chatting bugs and sometimes bronze leaguer meets grand master when one leaves league. I do not know what they are thinking, because it`s been two months that those bugs are neglected. I have so much thing to say, but they do not listen; that`s why I made an interview like that.


Q. You become eloquent.

(laugh) It`d been ages since I made my last interview. Maybe that`s why I`m talkative now.


Q. What`s your goal?

Ro. 8, for now. It'll be best if I win tournament again.


Q. Is there any player you want to play against?

I don`t know, because Code A is not finished yet. It doesn`t matter for now.


Q. It is true that MVP players practice a lot because Choya plays SC2 a lot?

I`m coach, but my amount of training is in the top 3 of my team; I`m the oldest one except Choya. Even I do this much; younger teammates also do their best, too.


Q. Say a word that you want.

Since Blaze`s father passed away, we`re in mourning atmosphere. I hope that he overcomes it. Thanks to Chickenmaru and Lotte-Chilsung for sponsoring us. Please keep support us, since we`ll give it back to our fans with our performances. I`d also like to say thank you to my mates, family members, teammates and fans.



Bbyong



Q You advanced. How do you feel?

I consider my opponent an amateur, so I`m not hyped. I was obsessed with all-ins in game 1 and 2, though Terran must be aware of them.


Q You wrecked in game 1.

I was so stiff, because I was possessed with my opponent.


Q Did you know anything about your opponent?

Everyone says that he always all-in. That`s what I was concerning about; He didn`t, actually.


Q Your opinion about balance?

People overlook one thing; even if Protoss is nerfed as DK suggested, Terran would lose. Even random Protoss player can win with WP-Adepts - and that`s not the only one that needs nerf. Adepts are only the tip of the iceberg. According to the interviews with Protoss players, they tend to win games too easy. I feel helpless, because I cannot do anything against Adepts. This is the worst balance I`ve ever seen.


Q. Is there any player you want to play against?

Anyone but Protoss.


Q. What`s your goal?

I`d like to aim high, but it is hard due to Protoss. Every Terran player has the same issue.


Q. Do you have anything needs improvement?

My APM is quite slow; I cannot control my resources. It`s been 3 years, and I cannot fix it. Because that makes Mech nonviable, I need to practice more.


Q. Why Mechanic is not viable?

Game is faster and resource depletes quicker. If I cannot fix my APM problem, I cannot use Mechanics. You cannot hold till combinations are changed, because it depletes so fast. Z and P`s mobility overwhelms that of Terran. Maybe Mechanic cannot be viable forever in LotV.


Say a word.

There`s one thing that Protoss needs: conscience. Stop lying in interviews.



DeParture



Q. This is your first Code S. how do you feel?

I`m very glad, because this is my first time that I won qualifications.


Q. What were you thinking after you confirmed your opponent?

I thought my opponent was strong. However I thought it was OK because I`m good at playing against Protoss,


Q. You only used Ravagers. Is there any reason?

I tried various builds, but that one had the highest winrate. I tried to be aggressive.


Q. Seems MVP is doing well. Any particular reason?

Since Choya practices a lot, everyone is a bit concerned. Of course, LotV fits in, too.


Q. Does Lotv fits you, too? I mean, more than WoL or HotS?

I thought I was good at Hots, but I could not prove myself; I believe I can do better this time.


Q. Any favourable opponent?

No one except Terran. Terran is very hard to play against, because of reapers, Liberators and Ghosts. Zerg cannot take dominance.


Q. Anything to say?

Blaze is having a hard time. I hope he overcomes it. Thanks to Hot6 and Chickenmaru.
"Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike"
TheoMikkelsen
Profile Joined June 2013
Denmark196 Posts
January 15 2016 16:23 GMT
#2
I think the Adept does show too much strength versus Terran, but one must not forget the prospects of the matchup if a nerf is to go through.
Any sufficiently cheesy build is indistinguishable in skill
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
January 15 2016 16:24 GMT
#3
This interview is exactly why Seed is my favourite player.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 16:29:38
January 15 2016 16:26 GMT
#4
welcome back seed, it's been a while
- gsl
Also didn't he play bomber not sorry lol
can i get my estro logo back pls
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 15 2016 16:26 GMT
#5
He didn't play vs Sorry in Code A <.<

Also does he mean in practice? Because he has no official games vs TY on Aligulac in LotV, but losses against some other Terrans.

Also, RIP Blaze's dad.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 15 2016 16:28 GMT
#6
On January 16 2016 01:23 TheoMikkelsen wrote:
I think the Adept does show too much strength versus Terran, but one must not forget the prospects of the matchup if a nerf is to go through.


just nerf liberator and maybe widow mine
Zest fanboy.
Thouhastmail
Profile Joined March 2015
Korea (North)876 Posts
January 15 2016 16:28 GMT
#7
On January 16 2016 01:26 Elentos wrote:
He didn't play vs Sorry in Code A <.<

Also does he mean in practice? Because he has no official games vs TY on Aligulac in LotV, but losses against some other Terrans.

Also, RIP Blaze's dad.


I was confused, because their first names are same.

"Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike"
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 16:31:56
January 15 2016 16:31 GMT
#8
haha his answer vs the balance team :D Its always the same with Blizzard.... Blizzard doesnt "listen", they only listen when it fits their vision. Same with the weekly "community feedbacks" who are a farce on its own.
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
January 15 2016 16:43 GMT
#9
Oh Seed, how I have missed you. :D
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
January 15 2016 16:52 GMT
#10
Seed is the GSL champion Blizzard deserves and we need.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
January 15 2016 17:00 GMT
#11

Somewhat.One thing is, they never listen our feedback. They`ve adjusted unrelated things since WoL. Every race needs nerf now. Liberators, Adepts, Zerg`s new units... Anyway, of course, they`ll do whatever they want. First, they hardly do ask things to progamers.

Thanks so much for that Seed. Enough with that "no nerfs please, just buffs" bullshit. I agree with everything he said.
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2665 Posts
January 15 2016 17:02 GMT
#12
You can feel the sadness in Bbyong's interview.

I miss mech too buddy :c
ThatOneHalf
Profile Joined December 2015
11 Posts
January 15 2016 17:08 GMT
#13
I consider my opponent an armature


not "an armature", but "an amateur"

well, I guess...
REyeM
Profile Joined August 2014
2674 Posts
January 15 2016 17:11 GMT
#14
Never heard a foreign player say that his APM is too slow
S4 Arrows, never forget. RIP Woongjin Stars.
Thouhastmail
Profile Joined March 2015
Korea (North)876 Posts
January 15 2016 17:16 GMT
#15
On January 16 2016 02:08 ThatOneHalf wrote:
Show nested quote +
I consider my opponent an armature


not "an armature", but "an amateur"

well, I guess...


Malapropism, Sire!
"Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike"
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
January 15 2016 17:25 GMT
#16
On January 16 2016 01:28 sAsImre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 01:23 TheoMikkelsen wrote:
I think the Adept does show too much strength versus Terran, but one must not forget the prospects of the matchup if a nerf is to go through.


just nerf liberator and maybe widow mine


First we'll have to figure out if there's a way we can win against non-nerfed terran, so probably in one or one in a half gsl
No will to live, no wish to die
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 15 2016 17:27 GMT
#17
On January 16 2016 02:25 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 01:28 sAsImre wrote:
On January 16 2016 01:23 TheoMikkelsen wrote:
I think the Adept does show too much strength versus Terran, but one must not forget the prospects of the matchup if a nerf is to go through.


just nerf liberator and maybe widow mine


First we'll have to figure out if there's a way we can win against non-nerfed terran, so probably in one or one in a half gsl


with the current trend it'd be in 2017.
Zest fanboy.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12552 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 17:29:13
January 15 2016 17:28 GMT
#18
On January 16 2016 02:27 sAsImre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 02:25 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 16 2016 01:28 sAsImre wrote:
On January 16 2016 01:23 TheoMikkelsen wrote:
I think the Adept does show too much strength versus Terran, but one must not forget the prospects of the matchup if a nerf is to go through.


just nerf liberator and maybe widow mine


First we'll have to figure out if there's a way we can win against non-nerfed terran, so probably in one or one in a half gsl


with the current trend it'd be in 2017.


Yeah something like that. But it's okay.

Edit: we also want to consider if we want to nerf terran even then.
No will to live, no wish to die
EatingBomber
Profile Joined August 2015
1017 Posts
January 15 2016 17:30 GMT
#19
Bbyong's rage against Protoss is hilarious
Empirimancer
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 19:14:44
January 15 2016 19:14 GMT
#20
Bbyong's comment about Protoss lying is pretty funny. I haven't read every interview so I'm sure some Protoss are in denial, but to my knowledge this problem with Adept balance is actually the first time in SC2 history that the players of an OP race are being mostly honest about the problem.

1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 219
ProTech5
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1604
Mind 1288
ggaemo 870
Bisu 622
Larva 504
Stork 391
Leta 358
PianO 185
Hyuk 102
Sexy 69
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 65
Soma 42
Mini 33
Killer 33
Bale 25
Hm[arnc] 24
yabsab 20
sorry 13
ZerO 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe359
XaKoH 198
League of Legends
JimRising 339
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1225
Other Games
gofns27148
singsing533
crisheroes205
Mew2King140
ArmadaUGS52
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick558
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6155
• lizZardDota2294
League of Legends
• Jankos1213
• Stunt1075
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
18m
Online Event
1h 18m
FEL
6h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.