• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6508 users

Rain drops out of HOT6 CUP for IEM; replaced by PartinG -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
255 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
November 24 2014 19:09 GMT
#81
On November 25 2014 01:07 nimdil wrote:
Plus perhaps better exposure for mYi?


I think this is a huge part, weekend tournaments usually get around 50k viewers on twitch, Hot6 cup was getting like 10k.
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
November 24 2014 19:10 GMT
#82
On November 25 2014 03:33 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 03:31 Die4Ever wrote:
On November 25 2014 03:18 Darkhorse wrote:
Ok so it was pretty fucking irresponsible of Rain to play the group stage and then forfeit right? He's known he was qualified for San Jose since October and he knew the dates. herO did this as well but he didn't get past groups so he doesn't have to do this. Kind of a shitty thing to do.

yea absolutely, players should get fined for backing out of tournaments like this

I'm just thinking he shouldn't get money or WCS points from this tournament

and tbh herO would've done the same thing had he advanced. Shame


Well, I don't think he should be fined since he didn't break any rules...

But yeah I dislike this move too. I expect the players to have some sort of commitment when entering a tournament, like you either don't enter IEM if it may confict on dates or don't enter Hot6 in the first place. Plus if he already knew he was going to San Jose, why waste your time playing the groups in Hot6 Cup? (and the other player's time and the tournament organizer's time too)

I understand he now wants to travel as much as possible but I hope this behavior doesn't become a regular thing now that there's gonna be so much action in Korea...
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
November 24 2014 19:17 GMT
#83
Presumably at the very least Rain will forfeit WCS points from Hot6ix Cup. Has it been announced whether IEM San Jose is giving WCS points for 2015? I would think it is but none is listed on the liquipedia page so far. I also must imagine being placed in a Ro16 group with (at least) two foreigners in it played a factor in Rain's decision. If, say, herO and Bomber were in Rain's IEM group I'm figuring this may not have been his decision.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 24 2014 19:18 GMT
#84
On November 25 2014 04:17 Yakikorosu wrote:
Presumably at the very least Rain will forfeit WCS points from Hot6ix Cup. Has it been announced whether IEM San Jose is giving WCS points for 2015? I would think it is but none is listed on the liquipedia page so far. I also must imagine being placed in a Ro16 group with (at least) two foreigners in it played a factor in Rain's decision. If, say, herO and Bomber were in Rain's IEM group I'm figuring this may not have been his decision.

I think Rain was scared of losing to MKP
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 24 2014 19:22 GMT
#85
On November 25 2014 04:18 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:17 Yakikorosu wrote:
Presumably at the very least Rain will forfeit WCS points from Hot6ix Cup. Has it been announced whether IEM San Jose is giving WCS points for 2015? I would think it is but none is listed on the liquipedia page so far. I also must imagine being placed in a Ro16 group with (at least) two foreigners in it played a factor in Rain's decision. If, say, herO and Bomber were in Rain's IEM group I'm figuring this may not have been his decision.

I think Rain was scared of losing to MKP


MKP was such a scary player. But he was playing MVPMK... big difference
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
November 24 2014 19:25 GMT
#86
On November 25 2014 04:18 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:17 Yakikorosu wrote:
Presumably at the very least Rain will forfeit WCS points from Hot6ix Cup. Has it been announced whether IEM San Jose is giving WCS points for 2015? I would think it is but none is listed on the liquipedia page so far. I also must imagine being placed in a Ro16 group with (at least) two foreigners in it played a factor in Rain's decision. If, say, herO and Bomber were in Rain's IEM group I'm figuring this may not have been his decision.

I think Rain was scared of losing to MKP


haha definitely. He was scared of BL/Infestor!
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
November 24 2014 19:31 GMT
#87
Well, Naniwa was kicked out of the GSL for throwing a pointless match. I'd say this is worse, right? Though, the new season of GSL hasn't started yet, so he cannot get booted from Code S or anything right now...
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 24 2014 19:31 GMT
#88
On November 25 2014 04:22 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:18 The_Templar wrote:
On November 25 2014 04:17 Yakikorosu wrote:
Presumably at the very least Rain will forfeit WCS points from Hot6ix Cup. Has it been announced whether IEM San Jose is giving WCS points for 2015? I would think it is but none is listed on the liquipedia page so far. I also must imagine being placed in a Ro16 group with (at least) two foreigners in it played a factor in Rain's decision. If, say, herO and Bomber were in Rain's IEM group I'm figuring this may not have been his decision.

I think Rain was scared of losing to MKP


MKP was such a scary player. But he was playing MVPMK... big difference

MVPMK is also really scary lately.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 24 2014 19:34 GMT
#89
On November 25 2014 04:10 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 03:33 Darkhorse wrote:
On November 25 2014 03:31 Die4Ever wrote:
On November 25 2014 03:18 Darkhorse wrote:
Ok so it was pretty fucking irresponsible of Rain to play the group stage and then forfeit right? He's known he was qualified for San Jose since October and he knew the dates. herO did this as well but he didn't get past groups so he doesn't have to do this. Kind of a shitty thing to do.

yea absolutely, players should get fined for backing out of tournaments like this

I'm just thinking he shouldn't get money or WCS points from this tournament

and tbh herO would've done the same thing had he advanced. Shame


Well, I don't think he should be fined since he didn't break any rules...

But yeah I dislike this move too. I expect the players to have some sort of commitment when entering a tournament, like you either don't enter IEM if it may confict on dates or don't enter Hot6 in the first place. Plus if he already knew he was going to San Jose, why waste your time playing the groups in Hot6 Cup? (and the other player's time and the tournament organizer's time too)

I understand he now wants to travel as much as possible but I hope this behavior doesn't become a regular thing now that there's gonna be so much action in Korea...

well yea I don't think they should just randomly fine him for it, I mean I think they should've had a rule for it already to fine him for this, and I think every big tournament should have such a rule
"Expert" mods4ever.com
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
November 24 2014 19:35 GMT
#90
Wow. That is dumb. Also MKP should get a bye.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
November 24 2014 19:41 GMT
#91
On November 25 2014 04:35 vult wrote:
Wow. That is dumb. Also MKP should get a bye.


It is dumb, but MKP getting a bye would be just as dumb. What if then, in the quarterfinals, Zestkey calls in sick? MKP goes straight to the finals off of winning a ro16 group? No one would take the finals seriously.

PartinG/Flash/TY getting a second chance is only awkward if they beat MKP. If MKP wins, the tourney is still 100% on track.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18760 Posts
November 24 2014 19:45 GMT
#92
I agree that this sucks but I think part of the blame can be put on Hot6 as well.
Rain has qualified for IEM quite a long while ago and they know their tournament is at the same time.

So why not just ask him and herO beforehand about their plans?
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
November 24 2014 19:47 GMT
#93
On November 25 2014 04:41 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:35 vult wrote:
Wow. That is dumb. Also MKP should get a bye.


It is dumb, but MKP getting a bye would be just as dumb. What if then, in the quarterfinals, Zestkey calls in sick? MKP goes straight to the finals off of winning a ro16 group? No one would take the finals seriously.


You've clearly never heard of GGanDoL, the way, the truth and the life!
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
November 24 2014 19:48 GMT
#94
Godammit I fucking hate when tournaments overlap, I wanted to see Rain beat MarineKing. He better make it out of his group (along with Scarlett ofc) but dammit that sucks. Was supposed to defend his title.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
November 24 2014 19:48 GMT
#95
On November 25 2014 04:45 sharkie wrote:
I agree that this sucks but I think part of the blame can be put on Hot6 as well.
Rain has qualified for IEM quite a long while ago and they know their tournament is at the same time.

So why not just ask him and herO beforehand about their plans?


Why... what can Hot6 do? they cannot forbid them to participate...
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18760 Posts
November 24 2014 19:53 GMT
#96
On November 25 2014 04:48 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:45 sharkie wrote:
I agree that this sucks but I think part of the blame can be put on Hot6 as well.
Rain has qualified for IEM quite a long while ago and they know their tournament is at the same time.

So why not just ask him and herO beforehand about their plans?


Why... what can Hot6 do? they cannot forbid them to participate...


No, they could have asked Rain and herO about their plans. And planned beforehand
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
November 24 2014 19:55 GMT
#97
On November 25 2014 04:53 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:48 Silvana wrote:
On November 25 2014 04:45 sharkie wrote:
I agree that this sucks but I think part of the blame can be put on Hot6 as well.
Rain has qualified for IEM quite a long while ago and they know their tournament is at the same time.

So why not just ask him and herO beforehand about their plans?


Why... what can Hot6 do? they cannot forbid them to participate...


No, they could have asked Rain and herO about their plans. And planned beforehand

16 players, 16 schedules. That is excluding everybody who participated in the qualifiers.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
hansonslee
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States2027 Posts
November 24 2014 19:56 GMT
#98
Who cares, guys? Korean e-Sports is saved with PartinG vs. Flash, the rivalry of the century!

BUT it does suck that last year's champion would duck out like that...
Seed's # 1 fan!!! #ForVengeance
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18760 Posts
November 24 2014 19:57 GMT
#99
On November 25 2014 04:55 SC2Toastie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 04:53 sharkie wrote:
On November 25 2014 04:48 Silvana wrote:
On November 25 2014 04:45 sharkie wrote:
I agree that this sucks but I think part of the blame can be put on Hot6 as well.
Rain has qualified for IEM quite a long while ago and they know their tournament is at the same time.

So why not just ask him and herO beforehand about their plans?


Why... what can Hot6 do? they cannot forbid them to participate...


No, they could have asked Rain and herO about their plans. And planned beforehand

16 players, 16 schedules. That is excluding everybody who participated in the qualifiers.


one look at liquipedia tells me all I need to know about DH:Winter and IEM Sao Paolo: who is attending where
Is it really too much to ask someone to take a look? These informations are not difficult to find
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 24 2014 20:03 GMT
#100
On November 25 2014 04:56 hansonslee wrote:
Who cares, guys? Korean e-Sports is saved with PartinG vs. Flash, the rivalry of the century!

BUT it does suck that last year's champion would duck out like that...

Parting vs MKP was a better rivalry
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 512
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 95
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1476
Dewaltoss 136
Trap 26
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins527
Counter-Strike
fl0m4315
Fnx 613
minikerr1
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4508
Liquid`Hasu744
Other Games
summit1g4936
Liquid`RaSZi2166
FrodaN795
B2W.Neo539
XaKoH 254
ToD203
C9.Mang0169
RotterdaM82
QueenE69
Mew2King34
PPMD25
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21117
Other Games
• Shiphtur1026
• imaqtpie829
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 24m
Patches Events
19h 24m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.