• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:51
CEST 12:51
KST 19:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9784 users

[Interview] Top: Protoss's mechanics decide all-in

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-08 21:31:38
October 08 2014 20:46 GMT
#1
This is a translated interview, see original @
+ Show Spoiler +
http://s.163.com/14/0930/16/A7DEFLL000314Q8T.html


[image loading]

Q: Nominated by Courage, do you think are you entitled to the name of 'dish-washer'?
A: He's just rash, didn't really think before the nomination. I am very capable of things (laughs).

Q: Haven't got any good results? I think you haven't.(laughs)
A: I've performed poorly recently. After all, I am now an amateur, you can't be demanding to me, right?

Q: Courage says he's always defeated by your all-ins, wasn't he?
A: He's very hypocritic(Translator: no mistake here), meaning the opposite. What he said is I'm silly and always lose to him.

Q: You like all-ins.
A: These are protoss strategies, 2-base and 3-base all-ins, and wait dreadfully for a large army. This is a race feature. I do do a lot of all-ins.

Q: Talking about all-in, it makes me feel protoss tactless.(laughs) Winning with kinds of all-ins.
A: It's about mechanics again. Warping-ins makes timing short, and you must take them to win. Even you know the procedure, there are a lot of changes half way through it.

Q: Protosses from iG are powerful and stable, and you now are too chick.(laughs)
A: They're God Jim and Teacher Sed. I grew up watching them play. They are stronger than I.

Q: You left Zenith of Origin, what do you plan?
A: Depends. I am not sure if I'd continue as a pro, at least for now I've got no specific future plan.

Q: Were you kicked out because of bad results? (laughs)
A: I haven't claimed my salary since March, and have been practising at home. I have no other option but to quit.

Q: Which home player do you like most?
A: Courage. His wife is a Japanese teacher and father a emerald tycoon(laugh). I do admire him. That's beyond 'like'.

Q: Though I doubt you are gay friends, but your girlfriend is an envy.
A: Unfortunately she doesn't play StarCraft.

Q: Even though you said you like long games, but you still chose to all-in everybody.
A: Nothing I could do about playing protoss.

Q: Why did you choose protoss.
A: Though I didn't play StarCraft 1, but my favourite ProLeague players were protoss.

Q: How do you say about relatively hard Chinese SC2 environment?
A: I chose to be a pro be I liked it. But your reward doesn't match your work at all. I hope all can be more kind to pro-gamers.

Q: What did you expect to be a pro? Did it come true?
A: It's accidental for me to become one. I thought I should come at Top 3 at home, a national champion and a world champion. The last should be impossible.

Q: Looking back, what's biggest satisfaction and biggest pity.
A: WCS 2012 China, I miraculously made it to Winners' final after being pro for a month. As for pity, I think it is that I could make a offline appearance at WCS.

Q: Next time's guest?
A: I think all the active players are too strong, therefore, F91.
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
October 08 2014 21:14 GMT
#2
So is this google translate or what?
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
October 08 2014 21:20 GMT
#3
The important story here is that Zoo is seemingly providing no support of any kind to their players.
The world is better when every background has a chance.
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
October 08 2014 21:43 GMT
#4
On October 09 2014 06:14 hellokitty[hk] wrote:
So is this google translate or what?


Sorry it looked like that, should be better?
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
October 08 2014 21:44 GMT
#5
On October 09 2014 06:20 Circumstance wrote:
The important story here is that Zoo is seemingly providing no support of any kind to their players.


They started to have financial problems since last year. And I think most, if not all, Chinese teams don't have a profitable business model to sustain themselves.
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
October 08 2014 22:06 GMT
#6
On October 09 2014 06:44 Shrinkzxo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 06:20 Circumstance wrote:
The important story here is that Zoo is seemingly providing no support of any kind to their players.


They started to have financial problems since last year. And I think most, if not all, Chinese teams don't have a profitable business model to sustain themselves.

That is key for any esport team/organization. Will their business model support and sustain themselves? At the moment it seems difficult for others to find such a sweet spot, but its possible; Axiom proved it already.

But we can't compare Axiom to Chinese teams; different culture will reflect the business model.
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-08 22:14:28
October 08 2014 22:11 GMT
#7
On October 09 2014 07:06 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 06:44 Shrinkzxo wrote:
On October 09 2014 06:20 Circumstance wrote:
The important story here is that Zoo is seemingly providing no support of any kind to their players.


They started to have financial problems since last year. And I think most, if not all, Chinese teams don't have a profitable business model to sustain themselves.

That is key for any esport team/organization. Will their business model support and sustain themselves? At the moment it seems difficult for others to find such a sweet spot, but its possible; Axiom proved it already.

But we can't compare Axiom to Chinese teams; different culture will reflect the business model.


What ZoO is doing is to change itself into a academy-based team. A lot of team members now are trainees. As for iG, it is owned by the son of one of the richest men in China. They got money to burn.
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
October 08 2014 23:01 GMT
#8
On October 09 2014 06:14 hellokitty[hk] wrote:
So is this google translate or what?


At least we have a translation.

Thank you Shrinkzxo, this interviews are fun ^^
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
October 09 2014 02:28 GMT
#9
On October 09 2014 07:11 Shrinkzxo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 07:06 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
On October 09 2014 06:44 Shrinkzxo wrote:
On October 09 2014 06:20 Circumstance wrote:
The important story here is that Zoo is seemingly providing no support of any kind to their players.


They started to have financial problems since last year. And I think most, if not all, Chinese teams don't have a profitable business model to sustain themselves.

That is key for any esport team/organization. Will their business model support and sustain themselves? At the moment it seems difficult for others to find such a sweet spot, but its possible; Axiom proved it already.

But we can't compare Axiom to Chinese teams; different culture will reflect the business model.


What ZoO is doing is to change itself into a academy-based team. A lot of team members now are trainees. As for iG, it is owned by the son of one of the richest men in China. They got money to burn.

I like what ZoO is trying to do. It has a very grassroots feel (start from the bottom with academy team).

As for iG, I find these kinds of benefactors are sometimes shortlived. I certainly hope that isn't the case for iG though.
papapanda
Profile Joined April 2010
Taiwan326 Posts
October 09 2014 06:32 GMT
#10
I can't stand this...
I can't read simplified Chinese so this might be just as bad, but hopefully it will at least be coherent English ):

Q: Courage called you out. Do you think "Dishwasher" fits you?
A: He is just rash and called me out before even thinking about what he said. I'm not that bad, OK? (laughs)

Q: Really? From the recent lack of result, I'd say it fits you well(laughs).
A: Recently my tournament play has been a little lacking, but you should cut me some slack, I am an amateur player after all.

Q: Courage says he always lose to your all-ins, is that true?
A: Quite the opposite, what he means is that I am a noob and can't take a single game off him.

Q: But everyone calls you King of All-ins!
A: That's how Protoss is played; turtle up after 2 base or 3 base, then move out with the deathball army. It's just the playstyle that fits me.

Q: I can't help but feel that Protoss has a lower skill cap(laughs). How can you just all-in and win.
A: It's the mechanics for playing the race. With the warp in technology, there is a very small window to hit. Sure, you can understand the general builds, but just knowing that is not enough. You still have to be able to adapt to changes game by game.

Q: The Protoss players on iG are very skilled and consistent. On the other hand you...?(laughs)
A: It is God Jim and Teacher Sed after all. I grew up watching them! They are definitely better than me.

Q: You left Zenith of Origin not too long ago. Can you talk about your future plans?
A: We'll see. For now I am still not sure about playing full time.

Q: I'm sorry I have to bring it up, but were you kicked because of the lack of results?(laughs)
A: I haven't been paid for the past 6 months, and mostly I have been practicing at home. Leaving was the only choice.

Q: Who is your favorite Chinese player?
A: Courage (I don't understand this part but it seems like he is rich).

Q: It almost seem like you guys are gay, your girlfriend must be envious.
A: Pity she doesn't play Starcraft. (laughs)

Q: Talk about why you all in. You said you like to play long macro games recently but it seems like you still prefer all-ins.
A: Again, it's just how Protoss is played. Blame the race!

Q: Then why did you pick Protoss as your race?
A: While I didn't played much Broodwar, I enjoyed watching Proleague. Back then, all my favorite players played Protoss, so naturally I chose to main Protoss in Starcraft 2.

Q: In China, at the professional level it is very competitive. Being part of the scene, what do you think?
A: Fundamentally I chose to play professionally because I enjoy it, but oftentimes the result do not match the work put into it. Please be kinder to the players and do not jump the gun when they lose a single game. I watched it happen so many times, the difficulty is impossible to understand.

Q: What were your goals or expectations when you first decided to play professionally? What about now?
A: I would say it was a fluke. But my goals were to first place top 3 in China by the end of the year, then be the best in China, then ultimately be the best in the world. Unfortunately, the last goal seems far off and impossible now.

Q: What was your favorite moment as a professional? Do you have any regrets?
A: My favorite moment has to be my first (offline) tournament: WCS2012 China. After just playing pro for just 1 month, I somehow managed to reach the winner's final. The most disappointing thing was that I could not make it to any of the subsequent WCS.

Q: Lastly, who should we interview next?
A: All the active players recently have been doing too well! I think F91 deserve the "Dishwasher" title!
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 08:31:42
October 09 2014 08:27 GMT
#11
On October 09 2014 15:32 papapanda wrote:
I can't stand this...
I can't read simplified Chinese so this might be just as bad, but hopefully it will at least be coherent English ):

Q: Courage called you out. Do you think "Dishwasher" fits you?
A: He is just rash and called me out before even thinking about what he said. I'm not that bad, OK? (laughs)

Q: Really? From the recent lack of result, I'd say it fits you well(laughs).
A: Recently my tournament play has been a little lacking, but you should cut me some slack, I am an amateur player after all.

Q: Courage says he always lose to your all-ins, is that true?
A: Quite the opposite, what he means is that I am a noob and can't take a single game off him.

Q: But everyone calls you King of All-ins!
A: That's how Protoss is played; turtle up after 2 base or 3 base, then move out with the deathball army. It's just the playstyle that fits me.

Q: I can't help but feel that Protoss has a lower skill cap(laughs). How can you just all-in and win.
A: It's the mechanics for playing the race. With the warp in technology, there is a very small window to hit. Sure, you can understand the general builds, but just knowing that is not enough. You still have to be able to adapt to changes game by game.

Q: The Protoss players on iG are very skilled and consistent. On the other hand you...?(laughs)
A: It is God Jim and Teacher Sed after all. I grew up watching them! They are definitely better than me.

Q: You left Zenith of Origin not too long ago. Can you talk about your future plans?
A: We'll see. For now I am still not sure about playing full time.

Q: I'm sorry I have to bring it up, but were you kicked because of the lack of results?(laughs)
A: I haven't been paid for the past 6 months, and mostly I have been practicing at home. Leaving was the only choice.

Q: Who is your favorite Chinese player?
A: Courage (I don't understand this part but it seems like he is rich).

Q: It almost seem like you guys are gay, your girlfriend must be envious.
A: Pity she doesn't play Starcraft. (laughs)

Q: Talk about why you all in. You said you like to play long macro games recently but it seems like you still prefer all-ins.
A: Again, it's just how Protoss is played. Blame the race!

Q: Then why did you pick Protoss as your race?
A: While I didn't played much Broodwar, I enjoyed watching Proleague. Back then, all my favorite players played Protoss, so naturally I chose to main Protoss in Starcraft 2.

Q: In China, at the professional level it is very competitive. Being part of the scene, what do you think?
A: Fundamentally I chose to play professionally because I enjoy it, but oftentimes the result do not match the work put into it. Please be kinder to the players and do not jump the gun when they lose a single game. I watched it happen so many times, the difficulty is impossible to understand.

Q: What were your goals or expectations when you first decided to play professionally? What about now?
A: I would say it was a fluke. But my goals were to first place top 3 in China by the end of the year, then be the best in China, then ultimately be the best in the world. Unfortunately, the last goal seems far off and impossible now.

Q: What was your favorite moment as a professional? Do you have any regrets?
A: My favorite moment has to be my first (offline) tournament: WCS2012 China. After just playing pro for just 1 month, I somehow managed to reach the winner's final. The most disappointing thing was that I could not make it to any of the subsequent WCS.

Q: Lastly, who should we interview next?
A: All the active players recently have been doing too well! I think F91 deserve the "Dishwasher" title!



I tend to translate interviews into more informal and non-standard English. Thank you for you contribution, nonetheless.
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
spritzz
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada331 Posts
October 09 2014 09:59 GMT
#12
On October 09 2014 15:32 papapanda wrote:
Q: Who is your favorite Chinese player?
A: Courage (I don't understand this part but it seems like he is rich).


Top is making a play on Courage's Chinese name. Qian Zanqi which separates into Qian (money) Zan(zan zhu -> sponsors) Qi (qi ye -> corporation). By taking apart his Chinese name, it sounds like he has enough money to sponsor corporations. Then he talked about how Courage's wife is a teacher for Japanese language and his dad is a jade tycoon. Of course this is all tongue in cheek.
zugzug
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 16696
StarCastTV_EN369
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 259
Lowko245
ProTech124
Rex 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 12102
EffOrt 6245
BeSt 1765
ZerO 1150
Larva 987
Hyuk 876
Horang2 733
Hyun 298
Zeus 267
Killer 196
[ Show more ]
Light 194
Stork 189
Barracks 135
Rush 80
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 28
Terrorterran 26
Mong 24
Sacsri 20
PianO 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
sorry 10
HiyA 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 737
Dendi169
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli920
Other Games
singsing2170
olofmeister1173
crisheroes238
Sick167
Pyrionflax148
Mew2King54
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream383
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 231
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 51
WardiTV22
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH292
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2009
• Stunt356
Other Games
• WagamamaTV184
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
9m
Rex62
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.