• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:39
CEST 17:39
KST 00:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10945 users

Starcraft 2 returns to MLG - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
618 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 31 Next All
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 08 2014 21:16 GMT
#161
On January 09 2014 06:14 b0ub0u wrote:
Question. Is it only NA players playing FPS games (COD, Halo) at MLG too?

If not only NA then why only NA for SC2


I honestly don't think there has ever been a non-North American Halo/COD team at an MLG (correct me if I'm wrong because I don't actually watch those games)

I'm pretty sure only the online event is NA only. The championship in Anaheim will have an Open Bracket.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
January 08 2014 21:17 GMT
#162
great to see it back again :D
133 221 333 123 111
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 08 2014 21:17 GMT
#163
On January 09 2014 06:14 b0ub0u wrote:
Question. Is it only NA players playing FPS games (COD, Halo) at MLG too?

If not only NA then why only NA for SC2



The NA invitational isn't the offline event.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
January 08 2014 21:17 GMT
#164
On January 09 2014 06:16 Terranist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 05:58 Zealously wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:55 ChoDing wrote:
Hmm let us see how long it will take MLG to abandon SC2 again. I will give them about 8 months


If MLG were to "abandon" SC2 again, would that be worse for you than them not coming back for a tournament or two at all? I mean people love Iron Squid to hell but they "only" had two tournaments before deciding that it didn't bring in the money necessary. MLG has hosted significantly more than two. I don't get the toxicity about them. Tournaments > no tournaments, right?


if people are going to direct their hatred somewhere, point it at blizzard and the WCS for crippling the tournament scene. they essentially put restrictions on all of the tournament organizers that discouraged competition against the WCS. MLG is in the business of making money, fuck them right?


So why did Dreamhack succeed?
The curse is real
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
January 08 2014 21:18 GMT
#165
On January 09 2014 06:08 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:03 Sub40APM wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:52 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:51 Sub40APM wrote:
Its going to be fun watching Destiny try to hype the Avilo vs. Maximums black final. I guess HuK might show up and take all the easy money, Shoutcraft style.

Do you honestly think there are no good players in NA?

HuK and Scarlett. Who is even close? I thought maybe DeMuslim but this isnt ladder so he is out.

I was curious because the two names you came up with were avilo and MaximusBlack.

Vibe, Minigun, Hendralisk, Kane, Major, JonSnow, State, Illusion, Suppy, Masa, Massan, Goswser, a whole host of unrecognized talent on teams like Clarity and Root's academy (seed). I'm probably even leaving some good players out. I'm excited to see NA players battle it out.

In the context of Destiny claiming that with proper hype watching two NA masters is the same as watching a GSL game. So Now we'll see.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 08 2014 21:20 GMT
#166
On January 09 2014 06:18 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:08 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:03 Sub40APM wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:52 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:51 Sub40APM wrote:
Its going to be fun watching Destiny try to hype the Avilo vs. Maximums black final. I guess HuK might show up and take all the easy money, Shoutcraft style.

Do you honestly think there are no good players in NA?

HuK and Scarlett. Who is even close? I thought maybe DeMuslim but this isnt ladder so he is out.

I was curious because the two names you came up with were avilo and MaximusBlack.

Vibe, Minigun, Hendralisk, Kane, Major, JonSnow, State, Illusion, Suppy, Masa, Massan, Goswser, a whole host of unrecognized talent on teams like Clarity and Root's academy (seed). I'm probably even leaving some good players out. I'm excited to see NA players battle it out.

In the context of Destiny claiming that with proper hype watching two NA masters is the same as watching a GSL game. So Now we'll see.

Oh sorry about that I didn't realize you were referencing a quote by Destiny. I hadn't heard that he said that.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
desertfrog817
Profile Joined June 2013
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 21:22:21
January 08 2014 21:20 GMT
#167
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major, but I have to feel that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am a little worried D:
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
January 08 2014 21:21 GMT
#168
YYEAAAAAA
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 08 2014 21:21 GMT
#169
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed
Moderatorlickypiddy
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 08 2014 21:21 GMT
#170
On January 09 2014 06:17 Tobblish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:16 Terranist wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:58 Zealously wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:55 ChoDing wrote:
Hmm let us see how long it will take MLG to abandon SC2 again. I will give them about 8 months


If MLG were to "abandon" SC2 again, would that be worse for you than them not coming back for a tournament or two at all? I mean people love Iron Squid to hell but they "only" had two tournaments before deciding that it didn't bring in the money necessary. MLG has hosted significantly more than two. I don't get the toxicity about them. Tournaments > no tournaments, right?


if people are going to direct their hatred somewhere, point it at blizzard and the WCS for crippling the tournament scene. they essentially put restrictions on all of the tournament organizers that discouraged competition against the WCS. MLG is in the business of making money, fuck them right?


So why did Dreamhack succeed?


Money from the Swedish government and a lot of volunteers, that probably helps
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 08 2014 21:21 GMT
#171
On January 09 2014 06:18 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:08 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:03 Sub40APM wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:52 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:51 Sub40APM wrote:
Its going to be fun watching Destiny try to hype the Avilo vs. Maximums black final. I guess HuK might show up and take all the easy money, Shoutcraft style.

Do you honestly think there are no good players in NA?

HuK and Scarlett. Who is even close? I thought maybe DeMuslim but this isnt ladder so he is out.

I was curious because the two names you came up with were avilo and MaximusBlack.

Vibe, Minigun, Hendralisk, Kane, Major, JonSnow, State, Illusion, Suppy, Masa, Massan, Goswser, a whole host of unrecognized talent on teams like Clarity and Root's academy (seed). I'm probably even leaving some good players out. I'm excited to see NA players battle it out.

In the context of Destiny claiming that with proper hype watching two NA masters is the same as watching a GSL game. So Now we'll see.


He never said the hype would be the same, he said the average viewer can't see the difference.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
January 08 2014 21:21 GMT
#172
On January 09 2014 06:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed

isn't he a US athlete now?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
zaxx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States66 Posts
January 08 2014 21:22 GMT
#173
On January 09 2014 06:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed


Might be a little funny if Polt doesn't participate in MLG considering he is the reigning MLG Champion.
CSA - Cyber Solutions Agency - Co-Founder and Owner ----- Polt -- viOlet
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
January 08 2014 21:22 GMT
#174
Great to have some awesome news to remove some of the sour taste left in my mouth from the Epik + Startale news of late. This has some great potential and I hope MLG can pull off something really interesting.
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 08 2014 21:22 GMT
#175
On January 09 2014 06:21 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed

isn't he a US athlete now?

Technically but it is possible that MLG decides to only allow North American citizens or something.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 08 2014 21:22 GMT
#176
On January 09 2014 06:21 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed

isn't he a US athlete now?


he is an athlete recognized by the US, but still a korean athlete
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
January 08 2014 21:23 GMT
#177
On January 09 2014 06:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:17 Tobblish wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:16 Terranist wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:58 Zealously wrote:
On January 09 2014 05:55 ChoDing wrote:
Hmm let us see how long it will take MLG to abandon SC2 again. I will give them about 8 months


If MLG were to "abandon" SC2 again, would that be worse for you than them not coming back for a tournament or two at all? I mean people love Iron Squid to hell but they "only" had two tournaments before deciding that it didn't bring in the money necessary. MLG has hosted significantly more than two. I don't get the toxicity about them. Tournaments > no tournaments, right?


if people are going to direct their hatred somewhere, point it at blizzard and the WCS for crippling the tournament scene. they essentially put restrictions on all of the tournament organizers that discouraged competition against the WCS. MLG is in the business of making money, fuck them right?


So why did Dreamhack succeed?


Money from the Swedish government and a lot of volunteers, that probably helps


Dat dirty Swedish Krona
The curse is real
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 08 2014 21:23 GMT
#178
On January 09 2014 06:22 zaxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed


Might be a little funny if Polt doesn't participate in MLG considering he is the reigning MLG Champion.

He will probably play at the Championship in Anaheim, just the online event is NA only.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 08 2014 21:23 GMT
#179
On January 09 2014 06:22 zaxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 06:21 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On January 09 2014 06:20 desertfrog817 wrote:
I wonder what kind of player will be played I'm hoping for Major lol, but I haven't to fill that Scarlett going to take it also does that mean Polt can or can't play in MLG? I am little worried D:

still being discussed


Might be a little funny if Polt doesn't participate in MLG considering he is the reigning MLG Champion.

this is about the online tourney not mlg anaheim
Moderatorlickypiddy
Zeedsc2
Profile Joined December 2013
Germany8 Posts
January 08 2014 21:23 GMT
#180
fuck shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt man this is crazzzzzzzzzy...
so pumped
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1136
Mini 933
Soma 605
actioN 540
Rush 383
Light 362
ggaemo 362
Larva 287
Stork 258
Horang2 252
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 203
hero 198
Barracks 134
Killer 112
firebathero 105
Shine 103
Aegong 99
Dewaltoss 99
Sea.KH 76
Zeus 74
Sexy 41
Shinee 39
Sharp 36
JYJ 36
soO 31
ToSsGirL 29
Liquid`Ret 25
sorry 24
Bale 20
zelot 18
Rock 17
Trap 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7782
qojqva1937
Dendi797
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m1001
Fnx 773
x6flipin485
edward59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
singsing1483
B2W.Neo937
Khaldor676
byalli555
Lowko366
Mlord296
Liquid`VortiX180
DeMusliM179
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS120
Trikslyr42
BRAT_OK 8
Railgan6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH182
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2522
• Jankos1818
• TFBlade711
Other Games
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 21m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.