• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:57
CEST 03:57
KST 10:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9415 users

Starcraft 2 returns to MLG - Page 31

Forum Index > SC2 General
618 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 All
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 11 2014 04:12 GMT
#601
On January 11 2014 13:06 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 11:43 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:30 Firestorm wrote:
I like that MLG is back. I do not like how much people are hyping this tournament. The level of game play will be comparable to TB's Shoutcraft Winter (which was rather sloppy and no one is really talking about anymore).


I think this will be better because MLG's done this stuff before and know what their doing and the players are going to take it a lot more seriously. Total Biscuit's shoutcraft tourney was more just him trying to do it himself.


O_o what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Another person outside of the situation coming up with god knows what to spew in the forums. I wouldn't worry about it.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
January 11 2014 04:31 GMT
#602
+1 for Esports
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-11 04:49:24
January 11 2014 04:33 GMT
#603
On January 11 2014 13:12 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 13:06 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:43 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:30 Firestorm wrote:
I like that MLG is back. I do not like how much people are hyping this tournament. The level of game play will be comparable to TB's Shoutcraft Winter (which was rather sloppy and no one is really talking about anymore).


I think this will be better because MLG's done this stuff before and know what their doing and the players are going to take it a lot more seriously. Total Biscuit's shoutcraft tourney was more just him trying to do it himself.


O_o what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Another person outside of the situation coming up with god knows what to spew in the forums. I wouldn't worry about it.



okay that came out entirely wrong. wasn't trying to be speak down on anyone or anything. and I'll admit i don't really know what I'm talking about. sorry. I really liked the shoutcasting tourney TB did and thought it was great I just feel the players didn't take it seriously enough. that's really all I was trying to say. This once again is just my personal opinion and its no way intended to be seen as a fact or anything like that.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
January 11 2014 04:44 GMT
#604
I agree, some players didn't take the tourney seriously at all.
It will be rude for me to point out who but the qualifier was the only one that really gave out the competition feel out.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-11 04:48:31
January 11 2014 04:45 GMT
#605
On January 11 2014 07:10 MLG_Adam wrote:
Neeb and Catz are the last 2 invites.


Did State decline the invite? When talking about the top NA players, you simply cannot leave out this guy. I hope he gets in from the voting


Also, I hate to be the one to bring this up, but what penalties are there if a player forfeits or no-shows or what-not. Let's face it, I'm looking at the list of players thus far, and several of these players have had discipline issues in the past, and frankly I'm tired of them getting more opportunities unless there is a way to ensure that they don't repeat the unprofessional behavior or have penalties placed upon them if they do.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 11 2014 04:56 GMT
#606
On January 11 2014 13:33 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 13:12 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 11 2014 13:06 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:43 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:30 Firestorm wrote:
I like that MLG is back. I do not like how much people are hyping this tournament. The level of game play will be comparable to TB's Shoutcraft Winter (which was rather sloppy and no one is really talking about anymore).


I think this will be better because MLG's done this stuff before and know what their doing and the players are going to take it a lot more seriously. Total Biscuit's shoutcraft tourney was more just him trying to do it himself.


O_o what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Another person outside of the situation coming up with god knows what to spew in the forums. I wouldn't worry about it.



okay that came out entirely wrong. wasn't trying to be speak down on anyone or anything. and I'll admit i don't really know what I'm talking about. sorry. I really liked the shoutcasting tourney TB did and thought it was great I just feel the players didn't take it seriously enough. that's really all I was trying to say. This once again is just my personal opinion and its no way intended to be seen as a fact or anything like that.

I agree with you that from skypelogs/events that transpired it didn't seem like certain players were taking it seriously.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 11 2014 07:22 GMT
#607
On January 11 2014 13:56 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 13:33 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 13:12 Darkhoarse wrote:
On January 11 2014 13:06 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:43 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:30 Firestorm wrote:
I like that MLG is back. I do not like how much people are hyping this tournament. The level of game play will be comparable to TB's Shoutcraft Winter (which was rather sloppy and no one is really talking about anymore).


I think this will be better because MLG's done this stuff before and know what their doing and the players are going to take it a lot more seriously. Total Biscuit's shoutcraft tourney was more just him trying to do it himself.


O_o what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Another person outside of the situation coming up with god knows what to spew in the forums. I wouldn't worry about it.



okay that came out entirely wrong. wasn't trying to be speak down on anyone or anything. and I'll admit i don't really know what I'm talking about. sorry. I really liked the shoutcasting tourney TB did and thought it was great I just feel the players didn't take it seriously enough. that's really all I was trying to say. This once again is just my personal opinion and its no way intended to be seen as a fact or anything like that.

I agree with you that from skypelogs/events that transpired it didn't seem like certain players were taking it seriously.


Well it would certainly be odd if 8 players who laddered hard to get into the tournament for $5000 didnt take it seriously yet everyone went HAM on a 16 player invite tournament with also a $5000 prizepool.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Dreamsmasher2
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada38 Posts
January 11 2014 07:31 GMT
#608
Looks like easy money for scarlett
Glorfindel!
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1815 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:10:51
January 12 2014 20:10 GMT
#609
Aooouch :/
Regarding Warer.com-Tournment.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/598681/1/Glorfindel/ladder/161337#current-rank
superpanda27
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
111 Posts
January 12 2014 23:46 GMT
#610
On January 13 2014 05:10 Glorfindel! wrote:
Aooouch :/
Regarding Warer.com-Tournment.

Yep can't believe 2 big tournaments in their own rights scheduled at the exact same time.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
January 13 2014 00:08 GMT
#611
On January 11 2014 13:06 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 11:43 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:30 Firestorm wrote:
I like that MLG is back. I do not like how much people are hyping this tournament. The level of game play will be comparable to TB's Shoutcraft Winter (which was rather sloppy and no one is really talking about anymore).


I think this will be better because MLG's done this stuff before and know what their doing and the players are going to take it a lot more seriously. Total Biscuit's shoutcraft tourney was more just him trying to do it himself.


O_o what on earth is that supposed to mean?

I suppose he's trying to say being crowned an MLG champion is more of an incentive to practice than being crowned a Shoutcraft champion.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
January 13 2014 00:13 GMT
#612
On January 13 2014 09:08 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 13:06 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:43 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:30 Firestorm wrote:
I like that MLG is back. I do not like how much people are hyping this tournament. The level of game play will be comparable to TB's Shoutcraft Winter (which was rather sloppy and no one is really talking about anymore).


I think this will be better because MLG's done this stuff before and know what their doing and the players are going to take it a lot more seriously. Total Biscuit's shoutcraft tourney was more just him trying to do it himself.


O_o what on earth is that supposed to mean?

I suppose he's trying to say being crowned an MLG champion is more of an incentive to practice than being crowned a Shoutcraft champion.

Judging by the IEM qualifiers, NA will underwhelm once more.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
RaZorwire
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden718 Posts
January 13 2014 05:44 GMT
#613
Haha, according to Adams twitter, they're planning to have the champions of both tournaments (MLG and Warer) play each other after both tournament, along with a caster vs caster 2v2.

Well adapted, I have to say. :D
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 13 2014 05:49 GMT
#614
On January 13 2014 14:44 RaZorwire wrote:
Haha, according to Adams twitter, they're planning to have the champions of both tournaments (MLG and Warer) play each other after both tournament, along with a caster vs caster 2v2.

Well adapted, I have to say. :D


That might be more one sided than Taeja vs Thorzain.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 13 2014 20:11 GMT
#615
Vote for you 4 favourite players here http://gameon.gg/vote !

I went with State, Illusion, Kane and Hendralisk. Too many choices...
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
January 13 2014 20:58 GMT
#616
Voted State, Illusion, Kane, Sasquatch
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
January 13 2014 21:06 GMT
#617
tQState has come a long way, I remember I used to be able to consistently go toe-to-toe with him on ladder. Not even sure how he is anymore since I haven't even be able to get matched with him for the last year+, but that clearly means the skill gap has widened between us hehe.
Blackrobe
Profile Joined August 2010
United States806 Posts
January 15 2014 21:24 GMT
#618
I can't wait to hear more about Anaheim! :D
"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
MLG_Adam
Profile Joined July 2010
United States994 Posts
January 17 2014 22:20 GMT
#619
Polls are in the last 4 players are: State, Desrow, Kane, and Illusion!

Groups: http://gameon.gg/brackets
Schedule: http://gameon.gg/
Twitter: MrAdamAp
Prev 1 29 30 31 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings107
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 233
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10979
Dota 2
monkeys_forever917
NeuroSwarm187
febbydoto24
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 652
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox780
Other Games
summit1g10367
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS63
Mew2King41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick410
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 3m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.