• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:53
CEST 11:53
KST 18:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9363 users

Proleague Round 1 Rosters: YoDa and others not listed - Pa…

Forum Index > SC2 General
528 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 27 Next All
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 01:33:54
December 24 2013 00:42 GMT
#341
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog last couple of hours, but really it is just too hard at the moment. I just realized, that we have not seen many of these players for even several months and there's really not enough data to go by. I wonder how they do the FPL rankings, cause it's really gonna be hard. I guess there will be a lot of bargain deals, but also a lot of overrated players.

+ Show Spoiler [If anyone wonders what I came up with] +

The IM Protoss category:
This is a category for protoss players, who are generally solid, expected to be performing very well, but also players, who have well known weaknesses (for example some of them tend to choke, they have unstable form etc). They all should be in the 'close but not yet' category, but there was so many of them that I just needed a special category for them :D

(P)Creator
(P)YongHwa
(P)Squirtle
(P)HerO
(P)Trap
(P)Super

Close but not yet:

(Z)RorO
(T)TY
(T)FanTaSy
(Z)CoCa
(P)Sora




10 - (P)Classic
09 - (Z)DRG
08 - (T)Flash
07 - (P)PartinG
06 - (Z)Hydra
05 - (P)sOs
04 - (P)Rain
03 - (P)herO[jOin]
02 - (Z)Soulkey
01 - (T)Maru
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 24 2013 00:43 GMT
#342
On December 24 2013 09:40 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 09:37 Dodgin wrote:
On December 24 2013 09:35 Za7oX wrote:
What about IMHappy? Or did i miss him retiring ?


He retired ages ago, before hots I believe.

The hold of his 2rax by Roro was too much to bear.

Didn't GuMiho lose to Scarlett with 11-11 vs 3 hatch before pool? It was in an online tournament (RSL maybe?) so I think many people don't know about it. Poor Happy.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
December 24 2013 00:44 GMT
#343
On December 24 2013 09:43 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 09:40 Darkhoarse wrote:
On December 24 2013 09:37 Dodgin wrote:
On December 24 2013 09:35 Za7oX wrote:
What about IMHappy? Or did i miss him retiring ?


He retired ages ago, before hots I believe.

The hold of his 2rax by Roro was too much to bear.

Didn't GuMiho lose to Scarlett with 11-11 vs 3 hatch before pool? It was in an online tournament (RSL maybe?) so I think many people don't know about it. Poor Happy.

Yes, RSL III on Khaydaria.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 24 2013 00:47 GMT
#344
Memory too strong ^
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 24 2013 00:49 GMT
#345
On December 24 2013 09:37 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 09:35 Za7oX wrote:
What about IMHappy? Or did i miss him retiring ?


He retired ages ago, before hots I believe.

He went back to Japan for studying
Glorious SEA doto
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
December 24 2013 00:53 GMT
#346
Barbie to carry Prime to proleague playoffs, gogo
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 00:55:51
December 24 2013 00:55 GMT
#347
In regards to YoDa not appearing, I thought YoDa had some personal life issues they discussed before?
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
December 24 2013 00:56 GMT
#348
On December 24 2013 09:37 Cheren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 08:04 Shellshock wrote:
On December 24 2013 07:44 esdf wrote:
On December 24 2013 07:22 Shellshock wrote:
Just for fun Aligulac rates the teams in proleague format as
1. Jin Air Green Wings
2. CJ Entus
3. SK Telecom T1
4. Incredible Miracle
5. Samsung Galaxy
6. KT Rolster
7. MVP
8. Prime

I recall certain article on TL that was posted prior to last proleague season and had similar ratings (tl-eg on #1) :D

Personally I don't think Jin Air will win it all but they are a KeSPA team so they will probably be pretty proleague focused so I think they will still do fairly well with their roster.


I think Jin Air is a pretty solid top 3 team but SKT or CJ are the favorite to win proleague.

Also Flash is nowhere near Maru's level, don't kid yourselves. His mechanics are almost as good as Maru's but his game sense and ability to prepare for opponents is bottom-tier among progamers.

Pretending there's a massive skill gap between Maru and Flash is silly considering it came down to the last game the last time they met in Code S; plus they had the same record against the other players (1-2 vs PartinG, 2-1 vs LosirA).
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 24 2013 00:56 GMT
#349
On December 24 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog

01 - (T)Maru

surprising

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2013 02:01 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:56 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:47 Lysanias wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Die4Ever wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

So far from being top anything that he got 1st place in OSL and then 4th place in GSL. What a scrub.


Agree, Maru deserves a lot more credit then this shit ppl give him.


He deserves a lot more shit then this credit ppl give him.
(and yes, I am just a hater, cannot help it)

Is it possible that you are a mad rain fan? I think so.


Yeah, I think so.
Not just that though, Maru is everything I hate in SC2:
-terran using bullshit cheese, fucked up drops etc
-he is from Prime
-beats everyone I like
-just really hate his playstyle. reminds me of MVP, who I hated with passion while he was good.

On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

On September 29 2013 19:24 Ammanas wrote:
hmph, Maru is for me like terran version of Terminator. Whatever he does, it's bad and the worst part is that he keeps on winning -.-
I would take Losira, Flash, fucking Suhosin over Maru

On September 05 2013 14:56 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 12:18 Popkiller wrote:
On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
I think, I cannot fully agree with the shape the power rank is taking. I mean, it is quite different from what I would think power rank should serve for. Let me explain.

The power rank as TL writers see it, is a review of how good players performed THIS MONTH with a very little emphasis also on past results.

I would like to see Power Rank as a list of Top 10 players in the world overall and every month just update it a little with the results of said month.

Because in this power rank, there surely are strong players. Are there all top 10 world players in there? Certainly not. And for sure not in the order they should be.

And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):

+ Show Spoiler +
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.


how long before a player's results become irrelevant for your "all time" power rank?


results are never irrelevant.
But yeah, player like Soulkey would not drop out to the bottom of my power rank just for losing few matches, while he is clearly the best Zerg in the world.
Same for some other players, like Rain, sOs or Innovation.
On the other hand, players like Maru, who had ONE lucky run, where they didn't even show any too impressive play, would not get anywhere close to my power rank.

On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.

On August 10 2013 19:36 Ammanas wrote:
Fuck my life, fuck Maru, fuck Prime and fuck Terran

On July 19 2013 15:55 Ammanas wrote:
I am just surprised, that people think Innovation > Soulkey.
Just watch that guy tear everything apart.

Maru < Symbol (based purely on 'I hate TSL Zergs less then Prime terrans' otherwise it's 50/50, although neither of them could beat any of the remaining players, so yeah...)
Soulkey > Innovation
Rain > Supernova
Bomber < First
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 24 2013 00:57 GMT
#350
OPTEROWNED PLS
Glorious SEA doto
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
December 24 2013 00:58 GMT
#351
On December 24 2013 09:56 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog

01 - (T)Maru

surprising

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2013 02:01 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:56 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:47 Lysanias wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Die4Ever wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

So far from being top anything that he got 1st place in OSL and then 4th place in GSL. What a scrub.


Agree, Maru deserves a lot more credit then this shit ppl give him.


He deserves a lot more shit then this credit ppl give him.
(and yes, I am just a hater, cannot help it)

Is it possible that you are a mad rain fan? I think so.


Yeah, I think so.
Not just that though, Maru is everything I hate in SC2:
-terran using bullshit cheese, fucked up drops etc
-he is from Prime
-beats everyone I like
-just really hate his playstyle. reminds me of MVP, who I hated with passion while he was good.

On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

On September 29 2013 19:24 Ammanas wrote:
hmph, Maru is for me like terran version of Terminator. Whatever he does, it's bad and the worst part is that he keeps on winning -.-
I would take Losira, Flash, fucking Suhosin over Maru

On September 05 2013 14:56 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 12:18 Popkiller wrote:
On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
I think, I cannot fully agree with the shape the power rank is taking. I mean, it is quite different from what I would think power rank should serve for. Let me explain.

The power rank as TL writers see it, is a review of how good players performed THIS MONTH with a very little emphasis also on past results.

I would like to see Power Rank as a list of Top 10 players in the world overall and every month just update it a little with the results of said month.

Because in this power rank, there surely are strong players. Are there all top 10 world players in there? Certainly not. And for sure not in the order they should be.

And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):

+ Show Spoiler +
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.


how long before a player's results become irrelevant for your "all time" power rank?


results are never irrelevant.
But yeah, player like Soulkey would not drop out to the bottom of my power rank just for losing few matches, while he is clearly the best Zerg in the world.
Same for some other players, like Rain, sOs or Innovation.
On the other hand, players like Maru, who had ONE lucky run, where they didn't even show any too impressive play, would not get anywhere close to my power rank.

On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.

On August 10 2013 19:36 Ammanas wrote:
Fuck my life, fuck Maru, fuck Prime and fuck Terran

On July 19 2013 15:55 Ammanas wrote:
I am just surprised, that people think Innovation > Soulkey.
Just watch that guy tear everything apart.

Maru < Symbol (based purely on 'I hate TSL Zergs less then Prime terrans' otherwise it's 50/50, although neither of them could beat any of the remaining players, so yeah...)
Soulkey > Innovation
Rain > Supernova
Bomber < First

Dat juicy history.
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
December 24 2013 00:59 GMT
#352
On December 24 2013 09:56 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog

01 - (T)Maru

surprising

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2013 02:01 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:56 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:47 Lysanias wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Die4Ever wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

So far from being top anything that he got 1st place in OSL and then 4th place in GSL. What a scrub.


Agree, Maru deserves a lot more credit then this shit ppl give him.


He deserves a lot more shit then this credit ppl give him.
(and yes, I am just a hater, cannot help it)

Is it possible that you are a mad rain fan? I think so.


Yeah, I think so.
Not just that though, Maru is everything I hate in SC2:
-terran using bullshit cheese, fucked up drops etc
-he is from Prime
-beats everyone I like
-just really hate his playstyle. reminds me of MVP, who I hated with passion while he was good.

On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

On September 29 2013 19:24 Ammanas wrote:
hmph, Maru is for me like terran version of Terminator. Whatever he does, it's bad and the worst part is that he keeps on winning -.-
I would take Losira, Flash, fucking Suhosin over Maru

On September 05 2013 14:56 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 12:18 Popkiller wrote:
On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
I think, I cannot fully agree with the shape the power rank is taking. I mean, it is quite different from what I would think power rank should serve for. Let me explain.

The power rank as TL writers see it, is a review of how good players performed THIS MONTH with a very little emphasis also on past results.

I would like to see Power Rank as a list of Top 10 players in the world overall and every month just update it a little with the results of said month.

Because in this power rank, there surely are strong players. Are there all top 10 world players in there? Certainly not. And for sure not in the order they should be.

And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):

+ Show Spoiler +
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.


how long before a player's results become irrelevant for your "all time" power rank?


results are never irrelevant.
But yeah, player like Soulkey would not drop out to the bottom of my power rank just for losing few matches, while he is clearly the best Zerg in the world.
Same for some other players, like Rain, sOs or Innovation.
On the other hand, players like Maru, who had ONE lucky run, where they didn't even show any too impressive play, would not get anywhere close to my power rank.

On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.

On August 10 2013 19:36 Ammanas wrote:
Fuck my life, fuck Maru, fuck Prime and fuck Terran

On July 19 2013 15:55 Ammanas wrote:
I am just surprised, that people think Innovation > Soulkey.
Just watch that guy tear everything apart.

Maru < Symbol (based purely on 'I hate TSL Zergs less then Prime terrans' otherwise it's 50/50, although neither of them could beat any of the remaining players, so yeah...)
Soulkey > Innovation
Rain > Supernova
Bomber < First


Yup, the fact that I hate him and his (former) team and the way he plays his race doesn't mean I cannot acknowledge he is (unfortunately for me) good at this game
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 24 2013 01:00 GMT
#353
I feel like opterown would be a great esportsexpress writer.
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 01:01:51
December 24 2013 01:01 GMT
#354
On December 24 2013 09:55 SniXSniPe wrote:
In regards to YoDa not appearing, I thought YoDa had some personal life issues they discussed before?

I think you are talking about (T)Sound.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
December 24 2013 01:07 GMT
#355
On December 24 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog last couple of hours, but really it is just too hard at the moment. I just realized, that we have not seen many of these players for even several months and there's really not enough data to go by. I wonder how they do the FPL rankings, cause it's really gonna be hard. I guess there will be a lot of bargain deals, but also a lot of overrated players.

+ Show Spoiler [If anyone wonders what I came up with] +

The IM Protoss category:
This is a category for protoss players, who are generally solid, expected to be performing very well, but also players, who have well known weaknesses (for example some of them tend to choke, they have unstable form etc). They all should be in the 'close but not yet' category, but there was so many of them that I just needed a special category for them :D

(P)Creator
(P)YongHwa
(P)Squirtle
(P)HerO
(P)Trap
(P)Super

Close but not yet:

(Z)RorO
(T)TY
(T)FanTaSy
(Z)CoCa




10 - (P)Classic
09 - (Z)DRG
08 - (T)Flash
07 - (P)PartinG
06 - (Z)Hydra
05 - (P)sOs
04 - (P)Rain
03 - (P)herO[jOin]
02 - (Z)Soulkey
01 - (T)Maru


Pls how coudl you rank hydra above effort D:
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
December 24 2013 01:12 GMT
#356
On December 24 2013 09:56 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog

01 - (T)Maru

surprising

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2013 02:01 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:56 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:47 Lysanias wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Die4Ever wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

So far from being top anything that he got 1st place in OSL and then 4th place in GSL. What a scrub.


Agree, Maru deserves a lot more credit then this shit ppl give him.


He deserves a lot more shit then this credit ppl give him.
(and yes, I am just a hater, cannot help it)

Is it possible that you are a mad rain fan? I think so.


Yeah, I think so.
Not just that though, Maru is everything I hate in SC2:
-terran using bullshit cheese, fucked up drops etc
-he is from Prime
-beats everyone I like
-just really hate his playstyle. reminds me of MVP, who I hated with passion while he was good.

On October 13 2013 01:44 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:36 Snusmumriken wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
On October 13 2013 01:26 TheDwf wrote:
So funny that Blizzard proposes a Mine nerf when 4M is already dying. Now I understand why Flash started playing mech; it's not even to vary strategies.


haven't watched in a while, is bio-mine actually not viable or is Flash just terrible at it?


its not viable against the best zergs it seems. Someone give me evidence to the contrary.

I would argue we've seen top Zergs play but not top terrans in Maru Taeja. Only really innovation


Maru is far, FAR from being top terran. Top anything really.

On September 29 2013 19:24 Ammanas wrote:
hmph, Maru is for me like terran version of Terminator. Whatever he does, it's bad and the worst part is that he keeps on winning -.-
I would take Losira, Flash, fucking Suhosin over Maru

On September 05 2013 14:56 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 12:18 Popkiller wrote:
On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
I think, I cannot fully agree with the shape the power rank is taking. I mean, it is quite different from what I would think power rank should serve for. Let me explain.

The power rank as TL writers see it, is a review of how good players performed THIS MONTH with a very little emphasis also on past results.

I would like to see Power Rank as a list of Top 10 players in the world overall and every month just update it a little with the results of said month.

Because in this power rank, there surely are strong players. Are there all top 10 world players in there? Certainly not. And for sure not in the order they should be.

And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):

+ Show Spoiler +
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.


how long before a player's results become irrelevant for your "all time" power rank?


results are never irrelevant.
But yeah, player like Soulkey would not drop out to the bottom of my power rank just for losing few matches, while he is clearly the best Zerg in the world.
Same for some other players, like Rain, sOs or Innovation.
On the other hand, players like Maru, who had ONE lucky run, where they didn't even show any too impressive play, would not get anywhere close to my power rank.

On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.

On August 10 2013 19:36 Ammanas wrote:
Fuck my life, fuck Maru, fuck Prime and fuck Terran

On July 19 2013 15:55 Ammanas wrote:
I am just surprised, that people think Innovation > Soulkey.
Just watch that guy tear everything apart.

Maru < Symbol (based purely on 'I hate TSL Zergs less then Prime terrans' otherwise it's 50/50, although neither of them could beat any of the remaining players, so yeah...)
Soulkey > Innovation
Rain > Supernova
Bomber < First

You're really scary. I'll have to make sure I never give you a reason to dig up my dirty posting history.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18446 Posts
December 24 2013 01:15 GMT
#357
On December 24 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
I was trying to create an SPL power rank for my blog last couple of hours, but really it is just too hard at the moment. I just realized, that we have not seen many of these players for even several months and there's really not enough data to go by. I wonder how they do the FPL rankings, cause it's really gonna be hard. I guess there will be a lot of bargain deals, but also a lot of overrated players.

+ Show Spoiler [If anyone wonders what I came up with] +

The IM Protoss category:
This is a category for protoss players, who are generally solid, expected to be performing very well, but also players, who have well known weaknesses (for example some of them tend to choke, they have unstable form etc). They all should be in the 'close but not yet' category, but there was so many of them that I just needed a special category for them :D

(P)Creator
(P)YongHwa
(P)Squirtle
(P)HerO
(P)Trap
(P)Super

Close but not yet:

(Z)RorO
(T)TY
(T)FanTaSy
(Z)CoCa




10 - (P)Classic
09 - (Z)DRG
08 - (T)Flash
07 - (P)PartinG
06 - (Z)Hydra
05 - (P)sOs
04 - (P)Rain
03 - (P)herO[jOin]
02 - (Z)Soulkey
01 - (T)Maru

CJ_herO over sOs? Classic over Liquid`HerO? Parting, DRG and Hydra in the top 10 at all?

Meh.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 24 2013 01:16 GMT
#358
Opterown is really the TL Sherlock Holmes.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 01:16:40
December 24 2013 01:16 GMT
#359
it wasn't that hard to dig up, i remember ammanas being a fairly loud maru hater, so when i saw him rank maru as first -> search post history for maru, dig up dirt, ez.

the other guy who claimed he played protoss -> search post history for play and zerg

lol
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
December 24 2013 01:20 GMT
#360
On December 24 2013 09:20 opterown wrote:
being condescending only makes you look like a dick, it doesn't help your argument, join date is no indicator of experience in the sports scene.

no indicator? how about maru severely outperforming flash for the last half year?

In what world is join date not an indicator of experience? Please tell me if I'm wrong, but chances are you weren't around for Flash's dominance in Brood War and therefore can't see Flash's talent in proper context.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech111
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 496
910 371
BeSt 333
Hyuk 313
Horang2 283
Light 271
Jaedong 124
Pusan 121
EffOrt 101
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 79
Stork 73
Shinee 63
ZerO 50
Killer 48
Mong 40
Yoon 34
Rush 33
Mind 31
Bale 30
NotJumperer 26
Sharp 26
sorry 22
ZergMaN 17
yabsab 17
ggaemo 13
hero 13
Noble 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe203
League of Legends
JimRising 372
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1443
pashabiceps794
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2373
Khaldor652
Other Games
gofns36595
singsing1368
ceh9635
XBOCT354
DeMusliM193
Pyrionflax156
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick604
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream250
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH263
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Jankos1539
• Stunt443
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 7m
Stellar Fest
3h 7m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.