• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:22
CEST 00:22
KST 07:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8195 users

Don't Get Fined - WCS 2014 Handbook - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
455 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 23 Next All
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
December 20 2013 18:35 GMT
#221
Lol, I think this is quite a strict. I guess its good if they want to be really professional or something, but if I was a progamer I think I would definately perform better and show better games in a more relaxed tournament environment. Would be interesting to see what the progamers think about this. Lol.
scypio
Profile Joined December 2011
Poland2127 Posts
December 20 2013 18:39 GMT
#222
seriousness +10%
fun -40%
I play random | I like Hots | INnoVation | sOs | Tefel TOP1!
Ana_
Profile Joined May 2012
Finland453 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 18:40:22
December 20 2013 18:39 GMT
#223
It is fine, that tournaments run strict. If you wana be bm, use twitter. Obviously sometimes it is nice to have more laidback tournaments ala Homestory Cup.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
DekkuM
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States149 Posts
December 20 2013 18:56 GMT
#224
On December 20 2013 23:04 Waxangel wrote:
H. Software Exploitation – Any intentional use of any bugs or exploits in the game may result in a forfeit of the match and disqualification from the tournament. Bugs and exploits will be determined at the discretion of Blizzard Entertainment.


I feel like this should be at the discretion of the tournament organizer. Aside from that I'm cool with the rest.
MUD: staticchaos.mudhosting.net:1982
MonkeyBot
Profile Joined June 2013
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 18:58:13
December 20 2013 18:57 GMT
#225
On December 21 2013 01:06 Greendotz wrote:
I've seen that pic of Naniwa so many times but still to this day have no idea what's going on in it :/


Seconded. I have a guess on what's going on but not sure. Can someone enlighten this noob?

[This noob referring to myself, not Greendotz]
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
December 20 2013 19:01 GMT
#226
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
December 20 2013 19:03 GMT
#227
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

I didn't watch a single WCG game that had more then GL, HF, GG, WP. Thats all they every write anyways.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
PardonYou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1360 Posts
December 20 2013 19:03 GMT
#228
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

Because during a WCS game I care about social and not the playing.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 19:06:36
December 20 2013 19:05 GMT
#229
On December 21 2013 04:03 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

I didn't watch a single WCG game that had more then GL, HF, GG, WP. Thats all they every write anyways.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M PLAYING SO RISKY AGAINST THE WORST PLAYER IN THE WORLD"
I also choose to raise my pitchforks over this, blizzard taking MUH FREEDOMS
Glorious SEA doto
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 20 2013 19:07 GMT
#230
On December 21 2013 04:05 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 04:03 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

I didn't watch a single WCG game that had more then GL, HF, GG, WP. Thats all they every write anyways.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M PLAYING SO RISKY AGAINST THE WORST PLAYER IN THE WORLD"

I'm still partial to "IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA"

It will live forever in my heart. I seem to recall Nani having a pretty amusing reaction to having his colossi abducted by TLO in a basetrade situation. If someone knows where that game can be seen I shall be eternally grateful.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
December 20 2013 19:08 GMT
#231
On December 21 2013 04:03 Spektor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

Because during a WCS game I care about social and not the playing.

When Nerchio loses to Protoss, I want to see his true rage. I want to see him write a paragraph about how the guy should be ashamed to use the imba race. Not just gg.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is what gives huge viewer numbers. People love passionate players, not robots.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 20 2013 19:09 GMT
#232
On December 21 2013 03:57 MonkeyBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 01:06 Greendotz wrote:
I've seen that pic of Naniwa so many times but still to this day have no idea what's going on in it :/


Seconded. I have a guess on what's going on but not sure. Can someone enlighten this noob?

[This noob referring to myself, not Greendotz]

I think it was right after he lost to Leenock in the DreamHack finals because that's DH boss Robert Ohlen. I could be wrong
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 20 2013 19:10 GMT
#233
On December 21 2013 04:08 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 04:03 Spektor wrote:
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

Because during a WCS game I care about social and not the playing.

When Nerchio loses to Protoss, I want to see his true rage. I want to see him write a paragraph about how the guy should be ashamed to use the imba race. Not just gg.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is what gives huge viewer numbers. People love passionate players, not robots.

To be fair nerchio does a pretty good job letting out the balance whine in the LR anyway
Glorious SEA doto
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
December 20 2013 19:10 GMT
#234
On December 21 2013 04:08 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 04:03 Spektor wrote:
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

Because during a WCS game I care about social and not the playing.

When Nerchio loses to Protoss, I want to see his true rage. I want to see him write a paragraph about how the guy should be ashamed to use the imba race. Not just gg.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is what gives huge viewer numbers. People love passionate players, not robots.


As evidenced by the Blizzcon grand finals, for example. Without all the BM in that match, it wouldn't even have broken 100k viewers.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
December 20 2013 19:10 GMT
#235
On December 21 2013 03:57 MonkeyBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 01:06 Greendotz wrote:
I've seen that pic of Naniwa so many times but still to this day have no idea what's going on in it :/


Seconded. I have a guess on what's going on but not sure. Can someone enlighten this noob?

[This noob referring to myself, not Greendotz]

It was just after his defeat in DH Stockholm finals against Leenock.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 20 2013 19:13 GMT
#236
On December 21 2013 04:10 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 04:08 TRaFFiC wrote:
On December 21 2013 04:03 Spektor wrote:
On December 21 2013 04:01 TRaFFiC wrote:
The no chat thing seems totally out of the blue. When has chat ever been a problem? That's what everyone wants to see. Chat! But seeing as blizz is clueless on making battlenet more social....

Because during a WCS game I care about social and not the playing.

When Nerchio loses to Protoss, I want to see his true rage. I want to see him write a paragraph about how the guy should be ashamed to use the imba race. Not just gg.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is what gives huge viewer numbers. People love passionate players, not robots.


As evidenced by the Blizzcon grand finals, for example. Without all the BM in that match, it wouldn't even have broken 100k viewers.

But if that had been Nerchio raging after every game it would have been 200k, guaranteed. Maybe have an emote system like in WoW.

Nerchio spits on you.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
December 20 2013 19:13 GMT
#237
if you look at these rules and really think about the WCS tournaments of 2013, you'll realize that hardly anything will change. in fact, it will probably be MORE fun because now Naniwa will not only say something stupid, he will also get fined for it and then say something stupid about how the rules are stupid because he got fined for saying something stupid. i welcome the replay thing, i don't think watching a replay helps much in MOST cases anyways, and the amount of downtime in most sc2 tournaments has been ridiculous to the point where i have often just stopped watching in the middle of a tournament.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 19:16:24
December 20 2013 19:15 GMT
#238
On December 21 2013 03:57 MonkeyBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 01:06 Greendotz wrote:
I've seen that pic of Naniwa so many times but still to this day have no idea what's going on in it :/


Seconded. I have a guess on what's going on but not sure. Can someone enlighten this noob?

[This noob referring to myself, not Greendotz]


It's just the boss of Dreamhack giving homeboy Naniwa some comfort. I think it's from DH Stockholm when he got second place but I'm not sure.

Edit: And while and thought about it Shell fired away, ofc
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
December 20 2013 19:16 GMT
#239
personally I have no problem with this although the caster one probably needs some calrification.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
December 20 2013 19:16 GMT
#240
On December 21 2013 04:13 Schelim wrote:
if you look at these rules and really think about the WCS tournaments of 2013, you'll realize that hardly anything will change. in fact, it will probably be MORE fun because now Naniwa will not only say something stupid, he will also get fined for it and then say something stupid about how the rules are stupid because he got fined for saying something stupid. i welcome the replay thing, i don't think watching a replay helps much in MOST cases anyways, and the amount of downtime in most sc2 tournaments has been ridiculous to the point where i have often just stopped watching in the middle of a tournament.


The replay rule was, according to Adebisi (stated in this thread) already a thing in WCS this year, so it's not actually something new.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft211
Nina 96
ViBE71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14189
ZZZero.O 182
Dewaltoss 139
firebathero 98
Hyuk 74
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm109
febbydoto56
League of Legends
Doublelift3782
Counter-Strike
Fnx 864
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5638
Other Games
summit1g6928
FrodaN2777
mouzStarbuck395
JimRising 294
KnowMe245
ToD188
ArmadaUGS144
Mew2King41
Railgan29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• musti20045 35
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie797
• Shiphtur212
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 38m
INu's Battles
13h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 38m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.